Masters' Souvenir Question

helper_monkeyhelper_monkey Members Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
A friend of mine asked if I knew if it was possible to buy Masters' souvenirs at the tournament without a ticket. My recollection from the couple of times I have been is that there is a merchandise area that is before you go through security and actually get on the grounds, but I could not recall if I had to show my ticket to someone before I got that far. My guess is that I did, but I just cannot recall.

Does anyone here know? The merchandise building I am thinking of is circled in the (admittedly not very good image below). The security checkpoint/main gate is the big building right below the circled building.

Comments

• tjetskitjetski Members Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you do have to have a ticket and get by security to get to the fan shop.
    Titleist TS3 8.5° Tensei Pro Orange CK 60TX
    PXG 0341 13.5° Tensei Pro Blue CK 70TX
    PXG 0341 18° Tensei Pro Blue CK 70TX
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52F-58K Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Classic Newport AOP
  • Afraid2goLowAfraid2goLow Members Posts: 698
    edited Mar 28, 2016 #3
    Unless it changed from 2013 then yes you can! Its more of a souvenir stand and not a shop like the big one inside the gates at that entrance or the main one by the clubhouse but they have the standard items at that one.

AAAA.jpg 152.1K
  • helper_monkeyhelper_monkey Members Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    Yes that is the one I was remembering! I knew it was before the big security checkpoint, but I could not recall if I had to show a badge at the gate. It sounds like your recollection was that you did not.

I recall it being pretty small it had most everything you could get in the big shop.
  • tjetskitjetski Members Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes of course there are stands outside the gates but not nearly the same. In order to get to the main souvenir shop you have to enter. I went last year and can easily say the items are not comparable.
    Titleist TS3 8.5° Tensei Pro Orange CK 60TX
    PXG 0341 13.5° Tensei Pro Blue CK 70TX
    PXG 0341 18° Tensei Pro Blue CK 70TX
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52F-58K Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Classic Newport AOP
    tjetski wrote:
    Yes of course there are stands outside the gates but not nearly the same. In order to get to the main souvenir shop you have to enter. I went last year and can easily say the items are not comparable.

What day did you go? I went saturday/sunday so even in the big shops a lot of items already sold out but i didnt have trouble getting some of the more regular basic items. I gotta assume these stands will have a lot to choose from during the practice rounds (albeit not as much as the main inside shops) but then again most people who buy merch are the dealers and first time visitors who usually only go practice rounds so im sure thats why everything gets bought up early in the week.
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,739 ClubWRX
    edited Mar 28, 2016 #7
    If anyone doesn't have on-site access to Masters gear, this is a site that a bunch of us have used and it's official Masters Gear, obviously with Augusta's approval~

http://www.mmogolf.com/

I've gotten a few wind shirts/sweaters and shirts(Bobby Jones) for gifts and it's sweet-

Top shelf~

Great guys too if ya call down-

Have a nice evening/day Brodinis image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Golfingly Yours,

RP
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
    yeah thats a great site and have bought a few things from them over the years, never understood why or how they dont have a competitor they seem to charge such a large upcharge on standard items that i have wondered why someone else hasnt made their own masters merch shop and chosen to make $10 on a hat instead of $20, im assuming mmogolf has some sort of deal/connection with ANGC.
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,739 ClubWRX
    edited Mar 28, 2016 #9

yeah thats a great site and have bought a few things from them over the years, never understood why or how they dont have a competitor they seem to charge such a large upcharge on standard items that i have wondered why someone else hasnt made their own masters merch shop and chosen to make $10 on a hat instead of $20, im assuming mmogolf has some sort of deal/connection with ANGC.
    Someone involved has gotten permission/agreement with Augusta as that is all Official Masters Gear-

I've gotta believe that Augusta is gettin a piece though that is just a guess because as I said, I've never spoken to either member about it, because of the "upcharge" that you speak of along with, well, it's friggin ANGC, lol. If you take a leak and it's got "Augusta Green" in it and you publicize it as "Official Masters urine," you're gettin a letter.

I was always goin to ask the member(actually two) at our club but never remembered to, lol

Stay Well My Friend,

Richard
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Someone involved has gotten permission/agreement with Augusta as that is all Official Masters Gear-

I've gotta believe that Augusta is gettin a piece though that is just a guess because as I said, I've never spoken to either member about it, because of the "upcharge" that you speak of along with, well, it's friggin ANGC, lol. If you take a leak and it's got "Augusta Green" in it and you publicize it as "Official Masters urine," you're gettin a letter.

I was always goin to ask the member(actually two) at our club but never remembered to, lol

Stay Well My Friend,

Richard

Thanks for the reply Richard, that all makes sense and is what i assumed what was going on. I always browsed their site/auctions and when i finally got to go to the Masters a couple of years ago i was expecting prices similar to MMOgolf and was kind of shocked that inside the gates the prices were much lower, of course i know they charge and upcharge but makes sense they can charge more since they have a connection with the club. I kind of like that because it adds even more to the experience of being there since you can buy a lot merchandise for about half what it goes for online.
  • SpicoliSpicoli Members Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭
    My gawd....are the prices on the ground close to that site? That is highway robbery.
  • CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,Members Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If you could only get one souvenir, what would it be?

By price range

$.00-25

$26-50

$50-75

$75-100

$100 +
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U (coming soon = G410)
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
    edited Mar 28, 2016 #13

Stay Well My Friend,

Richard

Thanks for the reply Richard, that all makes sense and is what i assumed what was going on. I always browsed their site/auctions and when i finally got to go to the Masters a couple of years ago i was expecting prices similar to MMOgolf and was kind of shocked that inside the gates the prices were much lower, of course i know they charge and upcharge but makes sense they can charge more since they have a connection with the club. I kind of like that because it adds even more to the experience of being there since you can buy a lot merchandise for about half what it goes for online.
    ****, I bought a Navy Peter Milar wind vest and it was like $120-125-

Do you remember what it was down there?

I think it's like $130-140 now on the site. I was on at Christmas-

Thanks much,

RP
    Cwing wrote:

If you could only get one souvenir, what would it be?

By price range

$.00-25

$26-50

$50-75

$75-100

$100 +
    Ah Bro, you gotta go to this sight and check out the wind/rain shirts and vest-

They are saweeeet!!!

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

RP
    edited Mar 28, 2016 #15
    I didn't know where to post this so I hope that ya don't mind....

If ya do, please talk to my Heavy, KYMS image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Anyhoo, phenomenal app and coverage-

I like it over the Official IBM/Augusta app cuz of all of the great history and stories plus great tourney coverage.

http://www.augusta.com/

Enjoy image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

My Best,

Richard
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,Members Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If ya do, please talk to my Heavy, KYMS image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I like it over the Official IBM/Augusta app cuz of all of the great history and stories-

My Best,

Richard

Thank you for the link!!!
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Cwing wrote:

I like it over the Official IBM/Augusta app cuz of all of the great history and stories-

My Best,

Richard

Thank you for the link!!!
    My Pleasure!!

Enjoy the Tourney image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Golfingly Yours,

RP
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Open Championship! IowaClubWRX Posts: 18,283 ClubWRX
    Richard is right - Augusta Chronicle app is great. Tons of stuff and great photos throughout the tourney.

Got a really cool black pullover from MMO on sale last year - if it's not too hot, hope to wear it next Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday!!!!!!!!

Already fretting over merchandise and the need for restraint, especially since I will likely end up funding my daughter's purchases as well - thank goodness the food will be cheap. Need to pick up extra memory card tomorrow, just in case. Plan on getting front row video of Jack at the Par 3.
  • helper_monkeyhelper_monkey Members Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the help. The friend who is asking does not have any tickets, but is going to be in that part of Georgia on the Monday and Tuesday of the tournament. He is probably going to try and get tickets there, but was wondering about buying merchandise if he isn't able to get a ticket.
  • Chief275Chief275 Members Posts: 316 ✭✭✭✭
    2 questions - I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

1. Will the masters caddy slouch hats sell out by Saturday morning?

2. How much do they cost? That site says $50-60.
  • jngolfjngolf Sage Valley 6.1 miles from Augusta NationalMembers Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Mar 30, 2016 #21
    Spicoli wrote:

My gawd....are the prices on the ground close to that site? That is highway robbery.

Chief275 wrote:

2 questions - I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

1. Will the masters caddy slouch hats sell out by Saturday morning?

2. How much do they cost? That site says $50-60.

Everything on that MMO site is double or more the cost of what it actually is inside the gates of Augusta National. Someone is making a huge profit...
    TaylorMade M5 10.5
    TaylorMade M6 3 wood
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 iron
    TaylorMade P770 4-PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Wedges 50, 54 and 58
    Taylormade Spider Tour X Copper
    TaylorMade TP5
    I've never been but I will buy a small container of pimento cheese and eat a sandwich each day of the Masters.
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
  • avgjoeavgjoe Members Posts: 4,999
    edited Mar 31, 2016 #23
    IIRC hats are $24...

I always thought mmo just bought and resold stuff, and had nothing to do w ANGC

http://www.mmogolf.com/info.html
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Any idea if the hats sell out?
  • avgjoeavgjoe Members Posts: 4,999
    I doubt it.... at least for common items that they sell every year (not high end shirts and such). they have so much stock it's unreal. in case they do sell out you can always find one at mmo, ebay, or here. and the slouch caddy hats are $20 (or were in 2012)

• RookieBlue7RookieBlue7 Members Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If anyone doesn't have on-site access to Masters gear, this is a site that a bunch of us have used and it's official Masters Gear, obviously with Augusta's approval~

http://www.mmogolf.com/

I've gotten a few wind shirts/sweaters and shirts(Bobby Jones) for gifts and it's sweet-

Top shelf~

Great guys too if ya call down-

Have a nice evening/day Brodinis image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Golfingly Yours,

RP

And 2-3 times the price of on the grounds
  • RookieBlue7RookieBlue7 Members Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    avgjoe wrote:

IIRC hats are $24...

I always thought mmo just bought and resold stuff, and had nothing to do w ANGC

http://www.mmogolf.com/info.html

They don't have anything to do with AGNC. They have tickets to Berkman's and run back and forth picking up items as orders come in. That's why their site says"if the item is in stock" we ship it. They don't buy anything until you pay for it so hope AGNC has it. They even flip the Cameron items if they can get them
    avgjoe wrote:

I doubt it.... at least for common items that they sell every year (not high end shirts and such). they have so much stock it's unreal. in case they do sell out you can always find one at mmo, ebay, or here. and the slouch caddy hats are $20 (or were in 2012)

Even better! Thanks for all the info. I can't wait to go!
  • ryriosryrios Members Posts: 494 ✭✭
    I got half a dozen slouch caps last year on Sunday for myself and friends. Only white and green ( which they wanted). Hats are probably the last things to run out (certain colors though for sure).
    I just want a green one.
  • Burt ChanceBurt Chance I'm just here for the free beer. Members Posts: 800 ✭✭
    How are their prices on golf towels relative to what they cost on site?

I went in 2014 but it stormed like crazy and never got a chance to look.
    Nike Vapor Speed TW Driver 10.5 °
    TM M2 3W-15°
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 Iron 17°
    TaylorMade M1 3 Rescue 19°
    TaylorMade RSi TP Forged 4-PW
    Nike Engage 50 & 54 ° SS 60° DS
    Ping Karsten 1959 Anser 2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file