New shoes, Titan Ignite, adidas boost 2, LC4? what is everyone wearing this season?

naws-golfernaws-golfer Members Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
I'm a shoe guy. I picked up the DNA's last season, and have been fairly happy with them. OF the newer releases, what do you like and why? I'm looking at spiked options only as I have a lot of lower body movement that needs some grip. I think the lunar mont royal are interesting, they look like they have some agressive nobs.

The puma titan tour ignite intrigue me, They didn't fit all that great in the store though. Anyone tried the premium ignite?

I love the LC4, just don't love the swoosh on the toe and the extra $40 to customize some to make it less noticeable

Are the cleats in the adidas boost enough? they look like a spike mix?

Thanks for your thoughts

Comments

• SwingManSwingMan SwingMan Members Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ecco Biom Lace, G2, etc. Comfortable with grip and the biom design. Can find the Biom Lace for $120 or so instead of $240.
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● PXG 0317 4H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● Mizuno 919F 5-GW/Accra i80 ● Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56ES, 60SS ●Evnroll ER8
  • JustmuckitJustmuckit St. Louis, MOMembers Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Mar 28, 2016 #3
    TitanTour Ignite was the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn, right out of the box. Beat my Lunar Control 2's and Ecco Hybrids. Much more stable as well.
  • gcp07gcp07 Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    Titan tour Ignites. Awesome shoe. I clean them after every round, look brand new. Picking up the UA Drive Ones Monday.
    Mizuno JPX 900 Fujikura Speeder 661 EVO II
    Titleist 915 H1 3 Hybrid 70g Diamana 18 degree
    Mizuno JPX919 Forged 4-G Nippon Modus Tour 105 S
    Mizuno T17 56*14
    Titleist Vokey SM6 60k*12
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 (Devils Armour by LabWorx)
    TaylorMade TP5x
  • BrandonBBrandonB Members Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    I really like my LC4's. Played in the DNA last year and prefer the LC4s, they are more comfortable and seem to be lower to the ground if that makes any sense. I have a pair of Drive Ones on order so I'm interested to compare them.
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Hzrdus Smoke 60 6.5
    Titleist TS3 13.5* Hzrdus Smoke 70 6.5
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White 90s
    Titleist 718 T-MB 4i AP2 5i-PW PX 6.0
    Vokey SM7 50*F, 54*S, 58*D PX 6.0
    Ping Anser Milled 2
    Titleist Pro-V1x
  • naws-golfernaws-golfer Members Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Justmuckit wrote:

TitanTour Ignite was the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn, right out of the box. Beat my Lunar Control 2's and Ecco Hybrids. Much more stable as well.
    gcp07 wrote:

Titan tour Ignites. Awesome shoe. I clean them after every round, look brand new. Picking up the UA Drive Ones Monday.

How do they fit to your normal shoes? 1/2 size smaller?

they look very low to the ground which intriugues me.
  • Kirch17Kirch17 Members Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    I have a pair of custom LC4s on the way and also a pair of True Linkswear Elements to try as a spikless option.
  • JustmuckitJustmuckit St. Louis, MOMembers Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Justmuckit wrote:

gcp07 wrote:

How do they fit to your normal shoes? 1/2 size smaller?

they look very low to the ground which intriugues me.

Half a size smaller than my Nikes, half a size bigger than my Eccos.
  • HoleInOne123HoleInOne123 Members Posts: 67
    I have the new Nike Chukka golf shoes. They are great. I love the high top part of it. To me it adds an extra element of stability but I am still able to swing free. Plus they are super comfortable and the high tops are great for rounds that are wet or in the rain. Even though they don't have removable spikes, the spike alternatives work great. I highly recommend them.
  • GolfChicago91GolfChicago91 Chicago, ILMembers Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just grabbed the FJ freestyles. Not for everyone but they are superrrrrr comfortable. Only used one round but I love them so far.
    Ping G400 Max 9* Graphite Design Tour AD BB 75x
    Callaway Rogue 15* 3 wood HZRDUS Smoke 6.5
    Callaway Epic 18* 5 wood Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05
    Callaway Rogue 19* 3 Hybrid Hzrdus Black Handcrafted 6.0
    TaylorMade P790 4 - PW Oban CT 115
    Ping Glide Forged 52* Tour Issue X100
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58* KBS Tour Rev 2.0
    Putters:
    Toulon Memphis Garage
    Scott Readman Concepts Custom Putter
  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK Members Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Adidas Boost 360. Best shoes ever. I treated myself to all six colours, much to the annoyance of the management. image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
    PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!
  • AMM315AMM315 Members Posts: 223 ✭✭
    Purchased the white and grey LC4 when they became available earlier this year size 10.5. I clean them after every round as they dirty easy, and courses have been pretty wet through the end of winter here in VA. Only thing I hate about the LC4's is the tongue. It's a fabric material that will not clean back to white.

I did just buy a pair of the Titan Tour Ignites in the white/blue. I ordered a size 11 and they looked like 13s when I pulled them out of the box. Put them on and they were two sizes to big. Returning them now for a 10. Will leave some feedback on when I get a couple rounds in.
  • Dubv23Dubv23 Members Posts: 722 ✭✭
    I love my lc4 and TW15. Both have a different feel but are extremely comfortable. I think I would rather walk in the LC4 and use the TW for range sessions and riding rounds. The Free walk sole is comfortable but my feet are tired at the end of the round.
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Members Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    I just picked up a pair of Adidas Pure 360 LTDs on Amazon for 85 bucks with free Prime shipping, it is a spiked shoe and the reviews are over the top, can't wait for them to arrive.
  • robdalkyrobdalky Members Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    bosoxfan wrote:

I just picked up a pair of Adidas Pure 360 LTDs on Amazon for 85 bucks with free Prime shipping, it is a spiked shoe and the reviews are over the top, can't wait for them to arrive.

+1. I bought these last season to replace some trusty FJs id worn through. All leather, very durable, extremely comfortable... Very happy with them. Outstanding really. If they had some more styles I'd buy more of them, would like to find more just like these. That's also a great deal. The lowest I found last year I think I paid around 140. They were 199 at release I believe.
    Callaway EPIC 9.5 Aldila Rogue Max 75X
    TM SLDR S 17* Fujikura F3 90
    Callaway XR Hot Pro 20* Accra Dymatch MT-H 85
    PING i25 4-PW KS Tour 120
    Titlest SM6 50F-54S-58K, X100
    Odyssey O-Works #7S
    Titleist ProV1
  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just snagged some of last year's Titan Tours. I'll probably add the Ignites to my collection before I head to Hawaii next month...or I may cave and order the hi-tops from some site that still is taking pre-orders. Just don't know if I can commit $200.
  • KMeloneyKMeloney Members Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wrestling with sizing on the Ignites. I have them in both 11 and 11.5, and I'm trying to figure out which is best. I am 11.5 in the BioDrives, which makes me think I should be an 11.5 in the Ignites, too...
  • schneidm10schneidm10 Members Posts: 384 ✭✭✭✭
    I have the ignite premiums and really like them. Agree with others that they are good to go right out of the box. I would definitely recommend them. I got the same size as my Nike lc2's and they fit great!
    TommyOC wrote:

Just grabbed the FJ freestyles. Not for everyone but they are superrrrrr comfortable. Only used one round but I love them so far.
    definitley not for me

Looks good on you though.....
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna try the FJ spikeless dry joy casuals that Adam Scott rocks. image/nyam.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':nyam:' />
  • KMeloneyKMeloney Members Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The puma titan tour ignite intrigue me, They didn't fit all that great in the store though. Anyone tried the premium ignite?

What didn't you like about the fit?
    KMeloney wrote:

where the last lace hole was, at the top of the tongue, seemed to dig in to my foot.walking around in the store, I just wasn't "wowed" by the comfort as so many others have described.
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... Members Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    New Balance NBG3001 are excellent out of the box as well. They may be my shoe this year.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... Members Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

KMeloney wrote:

where the last lace hole was, at the top of the tongue, seemed to dig in to my foot.walking around in the store, I just wasn't "wowed" by the comfort as so many others have described.

I'm with you. I tried them on and they did not feel exceptionally comfortable at all. I wanted to like them but passed.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
    For the record, I went with Adidas boost, in all white. My DNA's are still in decent shape and I like them, for when i need lota grip. The boost are crazy comfortable and as much as I walk, I think they'll be perfect. not to mention they were $70.
  • JackP35JackP35 Members Posts: 55
    I just got two pairs of Dryjoys Casuals delivered today; very comfortable, can't wait to try them out on the course.I liked the clean and simple design, not too busy looking. And I couldn't pass them up for only $60 each (last season's colorways).
  • JDFishJDFish Pickerington, OhioMembers Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ecco Biom G2 GTX. I walk with a push card and have 2 rounds in them so far. They are the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn on the course.
    Callaway Epic 9.0 Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6S
    Callaway XR Pro 3 wood
    Callaway XR 5 wood/Titleist 913H 21* hybrid
    Ping i200 Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 105S - 4-UW
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54* and 58* S200
    Evnroll ER5 32"
  • bendenbenden Banned Posts: 855
    Ecco Cage, black.

Everybody needs a cage in their lives.

Even the box is beautiful.
    Golf - Why's that?
    JackP35 wrote:

I just got two pairs of Dryjoys Casuals delivered today; very comfortable, can't wait to try them out on the course.I liked the clean and simple design, not too busy looking. And I couldn't pass them up for only $60 each (last season's colorways).

these are good, I still have mine for muddy rounds. they creased pretty bad, which footjoys typically do. hope you exp is different
  • thejuicethejuice AtlantaMembers Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving the LC4s and looking forward to playing in the black/red Jordan STs.
    TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
    TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
    TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
    Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
    Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
    TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour
  • Nick081974Nick081974 Members Posts: 593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TommyOC wrote:

I second this! Picked my self up a pair of the BOA freestyles to compliment my BOA Hyperflex. Both are super comfortable shoes! Very impressed!
    - Taylormade M2 9.5
    - Taylormade M2 3W
    - Taylormade M2 3h
    - Taylormade M4 4-PW
    - Vokey SM6 50* & 60*
    - Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
    - TM Tour Preferred X

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file