Bubba Watson on 60 Minutes?

BrianL99

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Golf Digest:

In an interview with CBS’ "60 Minutes," Watson admitted to having “a lot of mental issues,” including being “fearful of things, which I shouldn’t be. Scared of heights ... buildings falling on me ... the dark. Scared of crowds.”

It’s this last thing that makes Bubba particularly uncomfortable at his job, no matter the tournament.

“In between holes is really scary to me, because there’s so many people that close to you,” Watson says in excerpts from the interview released on Thursday. “I’m just scared of people ... in general.”

From Golf Digest:

In an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes," Watson admitted to having "a lot of mental issues," including being "fearful of things, which I shouldn't be. Scared of heights ... buildings falling on me ... the dark. Scared of crowds."

It's this last thing that makes Bubba particularly uncomfortable at his job, no matter the tournament.

"In between holes is really scary to me, because there's so many people that close to you," Watson says in excerpts from the interview released on Thursday. "I'm just scared of people ... in general."

Remember that ordeal with someone apparently following him in his car?

From Golf Digest:

In an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes," Watson admitted to having "a lot of mental issues," including being "fearful of things, which I shouldn't be. Scared of heights ... buildings falling on me ... the dark. Scared of crowds."

It's this last thing that makes Bubba particularly uncomfortable at his job, no matter the tournament.

"In between holes is really scary to me, because there's so many people that close to you," Watson says in excerpts from the interview released on Thursday. "I'm just scared of people ... in general."

Remember that ordeal with someone apparently following him in his car?

With the list of phobias or fears mentioned, I don't suppose it would be a reach to add paranoia to the list. Somebody who has an "irrational" fear is likely to have more than one. I am not his biggest fan, but I am starting to feel for the guy. For somebody who hasn't seen these kind of things up close, it may seem silly but it certainly is real to the person having these feelings.

Is Bubba loved in the US? Seems a hard bloke to warm to IMO. He is different - just not a good different.

I like him for the golf shots he hits- don't know why anyone cares about anything else a golfer does.

Awww well ya know we are all a judgmental bunch (in general). If we can b**** about something or someone anonymously it give us a sense of joy (generally speaking) A human fault is to point out the faults we see in others.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

I have a feeling this interview will be a Bubba apologists dream.

And the haters will still hate him afterward. :)

I don't hate Bubba. I enjoying watching him play golf. I appreciated the emotion he showed after his Dad passed away, and his honesty can be refreshing.

However, he does act like a diva and a jerk sometimes, and there are definitely fans of his who let him off the hook for everything.

I don't hate Bubba. I enjoying watching him play golf. I appreciated the emotion he showed after his Dad passed away, and his honesty can be refreshing.

However, he does act like a diva and a jerk sometimes, and there are definitely fans of his who let him off the hook for everything.

As much as there are non fans that exaggerate everything else. But hey, that's people.

That said I probably won;t watch, and "diva" just reminded me to pregame for WrestleMania.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

Bubba had a house at High Rock Lake in NC. He used to go to a local course, and did some nice things for kids. I have a pretty high opinion of people that adopt kids. I think Bubba has some issues that most people don't have, and most people just judge as Bubba not being a very nice person. I love to watch him play. I seriously doubt he wants to behave in a manner that makes people not like him.

Bubba had a house at High Rock Lake in NC. He used to go to a local course, and did some nice things for kids. I have a pretty high opinion of people that adopt kids. I think Bubba has some issues that most people don't have, and most people just judge as Bubba not being a very nice person. I love to watch him play. I seriously doubt he wants to behave in a manner that makes people not like him.

I think that is a good take on Bubba. As you say, I suppose he has issues that most people don't have, and that makes him bit of a spaz and might explain some of his unflattering behavior.

Today we know Bubba is a bit odd and that puts him at odds with what I thought of him about 6 years ago when he published some funny videos of him clowning around with trick shots that made him look like a real cool guy

I'm greatly looking forward to 60 mins tonight.

It's been clear to me for a long time that he has some significant mental issues. Serious anxiety, stress, discomfort around people, inappropriate comments, hyperactivity. Almost like a high functioning autistic in some ways. He has some traits of Asperger's syndrome as well.

One thing I do know about bubba is that I love his golf skills, the fact he has an original "General Lee" from the Dukes of hazard, and he never takes off that hideous $550,000 Richard Mille special edition watch. I'd be damn nervous around people as well if I wore a watch that cost more than most people's houses!!! LOL....

The other thing that's odd to me is I have family members who have a fear of crowds, and if Bubba is claiming to have this, he must be at low end of that spectrum. And I mean extreme low end.

He does stuff (outside of the golf course) that they wouldn't dream of doing.

I don't know many people with a fear of crowds going to NBA games and taking half court shots.

Golf's a tough sport with rigorous scrutiny from a highly refined fandom. We didn't allow a qualifying golfer with a debilitating disease to ride a cart in our Open, did we?

Of course not, that defeats the physical element of having a CADDY carry your clubs while you endure that grueling 18 hole walk. Everyone must do that. Why? Because we say so.

Have mental issues? Who cares. You're a jerk.

I heard they wanted Jason Day, but to show him playing golf they'd have to change it to 120 minutes

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Since my son came back from Iraq in 2004 he gets really nervous around crowds of any kind. I can't imagine what it would be like to have that issue and play on the PGA.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

The other thing that's odd to me is I have family members who have a fear of crowds, and if Bubba is claiming to have this, he must be at low end of that spectrum. And I mean extreme low end.

I don't know many people with a fear of crowds going to NBA games and taking half court shots.

Good point.

Good point.

GREAT Point! I have a good friend and fellow Pro who has a phobia of crowds and though he has been in intensive therapy, he will have bouts or periods where he will not leave his house and we would either take his lessons for him or reschedule them. We were partners in a district BB tourney and it was a two day 36 hole tourney and we were T1 going into the second day and the first day we had our caddies, his then GF, Richard and then throughout the round maybe a half dozen people would follow us from a few holes then peel off and walk with someone else and he was fine. On the first tee, round two, there were 17 peeps(Richard counted the #, lol) plus our caddies and Richard(his GF had to work) and he was very tense and Richard asked him if he had any meds that would help and he took two regularly, with one being an anti-anxiety, however he had taken it a few hours earlier and didn't want to take any more. He is a fine Player however he yanked a drive about 245-250ish hard left into the trees and was a mess. I felt so badly and as he had a younger student caddying for him(it was summer) and he asked the boy if he would mind if Richard caddiedfor him "if there was going to be a crowd." I'm not being funny or joking in any way here because it was sad though think of that statement and remember that there were 17 people spread out around a box and we never had more than 8 people following us at any one time. He was miserable and started to hyperventilate on #6 and as much as Richard and I tried to soothe him, he was getting worse, not better. I WD'd at the turn because he would not do it out of concern for me however there was no way I would ever put someone through that. We have tried to get him to go to the Steeler & Pens games with us and a few times we would have been in a box however he couldn't deal with getting to the box and then back to the car. It's so sad because he is such a sweet guy. I have never been judgemental on Bubba and though I met him fleetingly in Fla, it was with a few GFs and he was funny and cute in a boyish way. He was with a friend who was interested in one of my friends and they were both very nice and gentlemanly. I hope that he overcomes his fears and phobias and can enjoy life and all that is around him. Whether you like him or not, he deserves that :) M

Good point.

Not everyone is the same

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

From Golf Digest:

In an interview with CBS’ "60 Minutes," Watson admitted to having “a lot of mental issues,” including being “fearful of things, which I shouldn’t be. Scared of heights ... buildings falling on me ... the dark. Scared of crowds.”

It’s this last thing that makes Bubba particularly uncomfortable at his job, no matter the tournament.

“In between holes is really scary to me, because there’s so many people that close to you,” Watson says in excerpts from the interview released on Thursday. “I’m just scared of people ... in general.”

Someone get him a saucer of milk. Meow.

well put. I enjoy watching him play golf and he handles himself well most of the time now, just once in while he gets a little absurd with comments.

We all got a little Diva in us, at least most the guys that I know that have done anything, lol

It's just can we put a cap on it-

I don't know the man so I can't comment as to his level of divaism :)

Meooooooooow, LMAO

Boy, the kitties have come out to Play tonight, LMAO

I hope you're well Brian and that ya got to Play this weekend-

You're in my thoughts :)

Stay Well Bro~

All the Best,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24