Fowlers pants.... You gotta be kidding

Comments

• bladehunterbladehunter Rain rain go the hell away ! south carolinaMembers Posts: 26,573 ✭✭
    castellar wrote:

Not sure how wearing (really,really) slim fitting golf pants (yes, these are golf pants) is disrespectful to the masters/golf. Whether they are liked or not, they are fashionable. I for one don't like the two tone color scheme but like them otherwise.

Some of you guys should lighten up. This "Oh no rickie, not at the masters" talk is a little much. Not like he's wearing sweat pants or shorts.

Edit:

Not to rough anyone's feathers but as soon as I posted that, I visited social media and the first thing that popped up was this from "menwithstreetstyle"

It may go against the grain HERE but this is fashionable fellas

Fashionable maybe. But for whom I can't say because of this sites no politics clause. Let's just say not for guys who use the men's room.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21 ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-pw  Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • nellycuznellycuz Pured Members Posts: 452 ✭✭
    I may be wrong, but maybe PUMA is making or having a strong influence on him wearing them? I don't think Rickie went to Puma and said "hey let's try something new, make me some skinny, yoga/sweatpants I can wear golfing, let's see if the trend catches on." I think PUMA is to blame somewhat here as well. We don't know what's in his contract but I'm pretty sure Rickie could have said, **** no, to wearing these pants. I don't like them but just looking at it from Puma's angle too.
    '17 M2 10.5 Rogue Black Stiff
    '17 M2 16.5 HL 3W
    913hd 19* Hybrid
    714 AP2 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50,54,60
    Scotty Cameron Newport '16
  • warfelg21warfelg21 Members Posts: 697
    Warrick wrote:

Cool enough. I actually was not a fan til I put one on, like them a lot.

I'm not the most slender of men, so when I put one on the collar looked silly and the cut made me look like I was squeezing into an extra smedium. lol.

Like I get the "golfers are athletes too" angle to everyone wanting to make better fitting items and sneaker like cleats, but man, everyone is making their polo's like that anymore.

I dunno, I guess that's why the blade collar bothers me more.

Like I know people who were bothered by Payne Stewart for his Knicker look, but I wasn't and liked it because it was different, and not exactly something that was going to catch on with the masses.

To be fair, I do like the hi-tops, I just think normal pants are fine with them.
    WITB 2015:
    Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha, -1 D setting, Speeder 565 S
    3WD: Cobra Biocell+ 12.5 degrees, Matrix Black tie
    2HY: Cobra Biocell, 16.5D setting, Stock shaft
    4/5i: Cobra Biocell, True Temper s+ shaft
    6-PW: Biocell+, Dynamic Gold S200
    50 Vokey
    56 Vokey
    Odessey MetalX Milled #2
  • castellarcastellar Members Posts: 369 ✭✭

castellar wrote:

Not sure how wearing (really,really) slim fitting golf pants (yes, these are golf pants) is disrespectful to the masters/golf. Whether they are liked or not, they are fashionable. I for one don't like the two tone color scheme but like them otherwise.

Some of you guys should lighten up. This "Oh no rickie, not at the masters" talk is a little much. Not like he's wearing sweat pants or shorts.

Edit:

Not to rough anyone's feathers but as soon as I posted that, I visited social media and the first thing that popped up was this from "menwithstreetstyle"

It may go against the grain HERE but this is fashionable fellas

Fashionable maybe. But for whom I can't say because of this sites no politics clause. Let's just say not for guys who use the men's room.

Laughable. Style, much like bourbon, is an acquired taste my friend. Just bc some have more than others doesn't mean they pee sitting down.
    nellycuz wrote:

I may be wrong, but maybe PUMA is making or having a strong influence on him wearing them? I don't think Rickie went to Puma and said "hey let's try something new, make me some skinny, yoga/sweatpants I can wear golfing, let's see if the trend catches on." I think PUMA is to blame somewhat here as well. We don't know what's in his contract but I'm pretty sure Rickie could have said, **** no, to wearing these pants. I don't like them but just looking at it from Puma's angle too.

He asked for them. Joggers and hi-tops are how he dresses off the course. He wanted to bring it to the course because he felt comfortable.
    WITB 2015:
    50 Vokey
    56 Vokey
    Odessey MetalX Milled #2
  • 2bGood2bGood Members Posts: 5,010 ✭✭
    It could be worse:

article-1285622911388-0020977100000258-59765_466x437.jpg
    2bGood wrote:

It could be worse:

article-1285622911388-0020977100000258-59765_466x437.jpg

Put that away!!! Think of the children!! image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    WITB 2015:
    50 Vokey
    56 Vokey
    Odessey MetalX Milled #2
  • beckbeck Members Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Thank god he missed the cut so we won't have to see any of his ridiculous wardrobe. From what I hear I think Fowler is a good person but I just can't give him support with his ridiculous clothing choices. His flat bill hat makes his head look like a pin head. I also find it interesting that people are opposed to letting pros wear shorts during rounds because it is an unprofessional look or it goes against tradition. But it's okay to Fowler wear his joggers and his yoga pants?
  • drbonesvtdrbonesvt ClubWRX Posts: 8,107 ClubWRX
    av1084 wrote:

And then, to top it off with that oversized flatbill. After you shot 80.

The hat with the pants make him like a short alien.
    M5 9* MRC PRO-W 70TX 
    M5 15* MRC PRO-O 80TX 
    Titleist 2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)
    Titleist MB 716 3-PW (48* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1)
    54* Wedge Works V grind & 60* Wedge Works M grind - Tour Issue S400
    Bettinardi BB8 Trisole or Toulon San Diego
    Zcords ,all woods & 2i hot melted, Ping Hoofer 
  • patrick421patrick421 Members Posts: 1,857 ✭✭
    love ricky's game, attitude and just about everything about him he's great for the game and a heck of player but those pants are terrible. there is a fine line with everything and his fashion forward golf attire is no different. he looked ridiculous and it's even worse when he played the way he did for two days.
  • cxxcxx Members Posts: 3,102 ✭✭
    Every era had someone dressing like a clown. As much as I like Ricky's game, he's it for this generation. He'll look back with amusement later on and wonder what he was thinking, unless it has to do with the dollars, then he'll know what he was thinking.
  • george49george49 ClubWRX Posts: 257 ClubWRX
    Warrick wrote:

I did not catch these yesterday, **** Rick....

This needs to stop. I get slim fitting pants/polos for thinner people, but thatis just bad.

And people are hammering on Rory's Nike blade collar....
  • VindogVindog Don't order the schnitzel. They're using schnauzer! Members Posts: 17,531 ✭✭
    He doesn't seem too embarrassed.

I love me some fashion threads. Is OP Johnny Wier?
    run of the mill driver with stock shaft
    a couple of outdated hybrids
    shovel-ier shovels
    wedges from same shovel company
    some putter with a dead insert and
    a hideous grip
  • george49george49 ClubWRX Posts: 257 ClubWRX
    Warrick wrote:

I did not catch these yesterday, **** Rick....

This needs to stop. I get slim fitting pants/polos for thinner people, but thatis

just bad.

And people are hammering on Rory's Nike blade collar....

I think the only time they showed Fowler was on 18, I can see why.....
  • playoffbeard23playoffbeard23 Gunga Galunga Members Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    Callaway XR16 Pro 10.5 w/ PX EvenFlow Blue 65x
    TM 08' Burner 3W [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]w/ Speeder 757 X [/font]
    TM SLDR 5HL [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]w/ Speeder 757x [/font]
    Callaway Legacy Black 4i w/ Steelfiber i110x ss1x
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Adams MB2 6i bent to 28* KBS Tour S[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Callaway Razr MB 6-9 w/ KBS Tour S+[/font]

Callaway X Jaws 48.10 [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]KBS Tour S+ [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Callaway X Jaws 52.10 KBS Tour S+
    Callaway X Jaws 56.12 [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]KBS Tour S+ ss1x[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Callaway X Jaws 60.08 [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]KBS Tour S+ ss1x[/font]

Odyssey Pro Type #2 340g Blacked out "Cottonmouth" 34

Testing: SLDR 3HL 17* w/ Speeder 757x and Rogue Silver 70x.....

My WITB - New pics! Set for 2017!
    http://www.golfwrx.c...fbeard23s-witb/
  • golfgirlrobingolfgirlrobin Members Posts: 2,331 ✭✭
    Vindog wrote:

He doesn't seem too embarrassed.

I love me some fashion threads. Is OP Johnny Wier?

No, but I'm guessing that Johnny Weir would love those pants. Johnny Weir probably has those pants.

I don't like the pants or shoes, but they actually don't bug me half as much as DeChambeau's hat. Way too contrived.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Fairway: Epic Flash 14* & 20*
    Hybrid: Ping G410 22*
    Irons: TaylorMade M CGB 6-SW
    Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 59* and 64*
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketsch
    Ball:  Titleist Pro V1
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegClubWRX Posts: 9,300 ClubWRX
    edited Apr 9, 2016 #48
    warfelg21 wrote:

nellycuz wrote:

He asked for them. Joggers and hi-tops are how he dresses off the course. He wanted to bring it to the course because he felt comfortable.

So if I showed up wearing my bathrobe, slippers and tighty whiteys on the first tee, I'm good to go?
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Ping Forged 52°, ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.5"
    MCC Align Midsize
    Moving to the bench:
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
  • glkglk send it in jerome Members Posts: 3,355 ✭✭
    say it ain't so Jason. LOL.

Even fellow pros took notice. “I wear high-tops and jogger pants working out,” Jason Day said. “It’s a good look.”
    Yeah baby, not just for the under 30 crowd.

dress_pant_jogger_pants_10.jpg?iopts=1150x
    Maybe I'm showing my age here, but Fowler's pants reminded me of an old Star Trek episode with Frank Gorshin

320x240.jpg
    Socrates wrote:

warfelg21 wrote:

nellycuz wrote:

So if I showed up wearing my bathrobe slippers and tighty whiteys on the first tee, I'm good to go?

Very extreme place to go to try to make a point.

And yes I understand that it's the Masters and different from the Tour, but he's been wearing them all year and as far as I'm aware, the Tour hasn't told him to stop. So that should mean they find it within reason of the dress code.
    WITB 2015:
    50 Vokey
    56 Vokey
    Odessey MetalX Milled #2
  • VindogVindog Don't order the schnitzel. They're using schnauzer! Members Posts: 17,531 ✭✭
    edited Apr 9, 2016 #53
    Socrates wrote:

warfelg21 wrote:

nellycuz wrote:

So if I showed up wearing my bathrobe, slippers and tighty whiteys on the first tee, I'm good to go?

C'mon man.
    shovel-ier shovels
    a hideous grip
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegClubWRX Posts: 9,300 ClubWRX
    cxx wrote:

Every era had someone dressing like a clown. As much as I like Ricky's game, he's it for this generation. He'll look back with amusement later on and wonder what he was thinking, unless it has to do with the dollars, then he'll know what he was thinking.

Even Marty Hackel wouldn't be caught dead wearing those pants outside of a parade.

They might even look different if he had any kind of an a$$, but he's just got this skinny flat butt that makes those joggers bunch up and it looks like he has filled his shorts. Well, he did Thursday.
    MCC Align Midsize
    Moving to the bench:
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
    Socrates wrote:

cxx wrote:

Even Marty Hackel wouldn't be caught dead wearing those pants outside of a parade.

They might even look different if he had any kind of an a$$, but he's just got this skinny flat butt that makes those joggers bunch up and it looks like he has filled his shorts. Well, he did Thursday.

Ahh. Some actual analysis. I like it!
    shovel-ier shovels
    a hideous grip
  • playoffbeard23playoffbeard23 Gunga Galunga Members Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    Callaway XR16 Pro 10.5 w/ PX EvenFlow Blue 65x
    TM 08' Burner 3W [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]w/ Speeder 757 X [/font]
    TM SLDR 5HL [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]w/ Speeder 757x [/font]
    Callaway Legacy Black 4i w/ Steelfiber i110x ss1x
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Adams MB2 6i bent to 28* KBS Tour S[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Callaway Razr MB 6-9 w/ KBS Tour S+[/font]

Callaway X Jaws 48.10 [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]KBS Tour S+ [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Callaway X Jaws 52.10 KBS Tour S+
    Callaway X Jaws 56.12 [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]KBS Tour S+ ss1x[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Callaway X Jaws 60.08 [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]KBS Tour S+ ss1x[/font]

Odyssey Pro Type #2 340g Blacked out "Cottonmouth" 34

Testing: SLDR 3HL 17* w/ Speeder 757x and Rogue Silver 70x.....

My WITB - New pics! Set for 2017!
    http://www.golfwrx.c...fbeard23s-witb/
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,361 ClubWRX
    glk wrote:

Yeah baby, not just for the under 30 crowd.

dress_pant_jogger_pants_10.jpg?iopts=1150x

I always thought those were called "floods"?
    F9 - 9* Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
    Vindog wrote:

Socrates wrote:

warfelg21 wrote:

nellycuz wrote:

C'mon man.

Is this is the same WRX where there is a 20 page thread about whether shirts are okay un-tucked at a club?
    MCC Align Midsize
    Moving to the bench:
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
    Socrates wrote:

Vindog wrote:

Socrates wrote:

warfelg21 wrote:

nellycuz wrote:

C'mon man.

Is this is the same WRX where there is a 20 page thread about whether shirts are okay un-tucked at a club?

touche image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    shovel-ier shovels
    a hideous grip
    edited Apr 9, 2016 #60

Man, had a Goldfinger flashback. Wanta listen to some Shirley Bassey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Wg6k9cWhM
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    Richie lols awful just like his game this week. If you are going to turn up dressed like that they you **** better show up with your game as well.

Seems to be a big confusion between style and fashion. His outfit might be fashionable (to some) but his outfit will never by stylish.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019