Fowlers pants.... You gotta be kidding

Comments

• castellarcastellar Members Posts: 369 ✭✭
    8602081 wrote:

What's the big deal...

Don't all the baseball players wear yoga pants?

stock-photo-baseball-player-69354193.jpg

Oh the horror. Real men, woman loving men would never wear those. My local ballpark would never allow that.
  • BreakingParBreakingPar Recovering golf club and golf ball hoarder... Members Posts: 2,335 ✭✭
    ^^ Next we'll have Tour players grabbing their sacks and slapping each other's butts (including caddies) on the 18th in lieu of the "traditional" hand shake.
    WITB:
    GBB Epic 9* Graphite Design Tour AD TP-6x
    (Blank for now)
    R15 3H Aldila Rogue Black 85
    Apex UT 21* KBS Tour V
    MP-18 MMC 5 - PW Nippon Modus 120
    50* T7, 56* EF ATV
    Spider Tour Black
  • 86020818602081 Members Posts: 1,912 ✭✭
    image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
  • billh17billh17 just happy to play Members Posts: 2,884 ✭✭
    FaReal87 wrote:

av1084 wrote:

And then, to top it off with that oversized flatbill. After you shot 80.

HahahahahahHahahahah someone commenting on an 80 at Augusta. Worry about your own style. Blah blah flat bill. It's what my grandfather wore in the early-mid 90s. Now baby boomers what to critique it. Get over the fact you grew up in the 80s/90s and your so called fashion sense stems from that. Mock turtlenecks forever, right.????

we are all friends here..mostly, take a deep breath and relax ! I doubt if anyone here really cares what anyone else wears ! Besides...the mock turtlenecks are out with us...not warm enough !
    Certified Orginal Member#2
    Outlaw Golf Association
    To Heck with the USGA
  • FaReal87FaReal87 MAMembers Posts: 408 ✭✭

FaReal87 wrote:
    av1084 wrote:

HahahahahahHahahahah someone commenting on an 80 at Augusta. Worry about your own style. Blah blah flat bill. It's what my grandfather wore in the early-mid 90s. Now baby boomers what to critique it. Get over the fact you grew up in the 80s/90s and your so called fashion sense stems from that. Mock turtlenecks forever, right.????

Boomers didn't grow up in the 80s or 90s. In fact, they are the parents of the kids that grew up in the 80s and 90s.

Boomers were technically born until '62-64. Which means when they could afford to buy there own clothes it would be around the mid 80s to early90s. So, yeah.
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway Rogue 3-wood
    Vapor Pro Combo 4-PW
    Vokey RAW SM5 52F,56S, SM7 60K.12
    TaylorMade Spider (black)
  • FaReal87FaReal87 MAMembers Posts: 408 ✭✭
    Pleated khakis and mock turtlenecks forever! Sleeves for days!

Bring back metal spikes!
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway Rogue 3-wood
    Vapor Pro Combo 4-PW
    Vokey RAW SM5 52F,56S, SM7 60K.12
    TaylorMade Spider (black)
  • Webb26Webb26 Members Posts: 107
    ^oh and sweater vests.
  • irwinfletcher77irwinfletcher77 Banned Posts: 2,259
    ProStryker wrote:

I know some people like and people some hate Fowlers fashion sense. But what in the world is up with the woman's yoga hot pants that he was wearing today. Being fashionable is one thing, but straight up embarrassing yourself by wearing your girlfriends yoga stretch pants at the Masters is another.....

What do you care? You don't like them don't wear them it's as simple as that
  • castellarcastellar Members Posts: 369 ✭✭
    I really do love these style threads! Think I may start a "what are you wearing on the course today" thread. I'd really enjoy the banter between the twenty somethings with joggers and high tops and the baby boomers with their traditional attire.
  • AnserAnser ClubWRX Posts: 2,221 ✭✭
    ProStryker wrote:

And to be clear, I am not criticizing his choice of orange colors, his cap, or his shoes. This is strictly pertaining to the girls yoga pants. No one thinks that looks good........

his financial planner thinks they look beautiful

As does his smokin hot girlfriend
    TM M4 D-Type 9.5 - Tour AD IZ 7s
    TM M4 3HL, 5 HL, Tour AD IZ 7s
    Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
    TM 790 6-AW, Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX 54/58
    TaylorMade HiToe 64
    Evnroll ER-5, Evnroll ER-2.1
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegClubWRX Posts: 9,374 ClubWRX
    Anser wrote:

ProStryker wrote:

And to be clear, I am not criticizing his choice of orange colors, his cap, or his shoes. This is strictly pertaining to the girls yoga pants. No one thinks that looks good........

his financial planner thinks they look beautiful

As does his smokin hot girlfriend

He dumped or got dumped. I do believe he is currently taking applications.
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.5"
    MCC Align Midsize
    Moving to the bench:
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
    Ping Forged 52°

• CHARLIE47CHARLIE47 Members Posts: 20
    Hey guys, Payne's knickers and DeChambeau's hat are the history of the game and the history

of the Masters! If folks don't like the new stuff because they were worn at the Masters, what was wrong with

Payne's knickers and DeChambeau's hat worn by Hogan and others?
  • Eec55Eec55 Members Posts: 553
    yes....brutal.....at least he cut that wig though.
    Taylor Made M4 Matrix Ozik shaft
    Ping I20 5-pw
    Ping Eye 2+ BECU 3,4 iron
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54,60
    Taylor Made Spider Tour Red putter
    Callaway X Hot 3 wood
  • FickyRowlerFickyRowler Members Posts: 28
    http://www.golfdigest.com/story/this-week-in-questionable-attire-masters-edition-billy-horschels-flamingo-pants

I present Horschels' pants for consideration.

And while I may not be a fan of the pants I'm still a big Rickie fan. I bet not one of you doesn't know who made those pants, so pants mission accomplished. One of the nicest guys out there. Golf is humbling and he handled his cut like a gentleman in his press. So attack the pants sure but don't attack the guy personally.
  • GuiaGuia Members Posts: 8,693 ✭✭
    Tooooooooo metro for my taste.

I have Red, Green, Purple, White, and Yellow.........but the tight 2 tone are a bit much.
  • MAndrewsMAndrews Members Posts: 178 ✭✭
    I really didn't care much for Rickie initially but he seems to be a stand up guy and I now have quite a bit of respect for the man and his game. I realize more every day how much of a dinosaur I am but looks are still a part of your overall image.

And on another note how do we feel about cargo shorts on the course image/vava.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':vava:' />
    WITB

Callaway XR16 10.5
    Callaway XR16 4W
    Callaway XR16 7W
    Callaway XR OS 4H
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-PW
    Callaway MD3 50S, 54S, 58S
    SC Newport 3
    Callaway Supersoft
  • awarren82awarren82 Members Posts: 149
    Pants look cool on him. Golf shouldn't be so stuffy.
  • CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,Members Posts: 8,075 ✭✭
    edited Apr 14, 2016 #109
    He is marketing to children and middle/high school kids and yes, they are wearing those tight fitting clothing with elastic bindings around the bottom of the leg. Also, I agree, not a good look at all but it's all about whom he is marketing to.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U (coming soon = G410)
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • damyers10damyers10 Members Posts: 293 ✭✭
    Horschels pants were worse than Rickie's. *ducks*
  • BreakingParBreakingPar Recovering golf club and golf ball hoarder... Members Posts: 2,335 ✭✭
    Cwing wrote:

He is marketing to children and middle/high school kids and yes, they are wearing those tight fitting clothing with elastic bindings around the bottom of the leg. Also, I agree, not a good luck at all but it's all about whom he is marketing to.

He definitely has the 11 and under market cornered
    WITB:
    GBB Epic 9* Graphite Design Tour AD TP-6x
    (Blank for now)
    R15 3H Aldila Rogue Black 85
    Apex UT 21* KBS Tour V
    MP-18 MMC 5 - PW Nippon Modus 120
    50* T7, 56* EF ATV
    Spider Tour Black
  • toddnttoddnt Members Posts: 4,288 ✭✭
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegClubWRX Posts: 9,374 ClubWRX
    Anyone else think it's coincidence that Alexis Randock dumped Rickie right around the point where he started wearing the sweat pants? I don't.
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.5"
    MCC Align Midsize
    Moving to the bench:
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
    Ping Forged 52°

• Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Members Posts: 6,685 ✭✭
    It wasn't disrespectful to the Masters. It was disrespectful to my eyes. Phil was right on his heels for worst dressed outfit at the Masters. Horschel is an honorary mention.
  • HudidadHudidad Members Posts: 58
    edited Apr 11, 2016 #115
    I swear, we are one step away from yelling at these younger pros to get off our lawn.

If you hate joggers, fine. I don't own a pair either, and don't expect to. Truth be told, with my age and body type nobody wants that. But I'm guessing I'm not the target demographic either for Puma or joggers. I'm also guessing there's no grand conspiracy to promote these as standard attire from which we must all rebel.

Honestly, as much as I don't see myself wearing that, I am more committed to not turning into Walter Matthau over what "kids today" are wearing.

Lighten up, Francis.

This is my last post for 2014 - I'm going back to the future where we've all talked about this to death.
  • shotmarkshotmark Members Posts: 840 ✭✭
    edited Apr 11, 2016 #116
    Fowler fan here. Favourite golf clothing brands are Puma and Adidas. Dislike Nike immensely.

I have to say the Nike blade collars are infinitely more acceptable than Rickie's rather silly trousers.

FaReal87 wrote:

FaReal87 wrote:
    av1084 wrote:

Boomers didn't grow up in the 80s or 90s. In fact, they are the parents of the kids that grew up in the 80s and 90s.

Boomers were technically born until '62-64. Which means when they could afford to buy there own clothes it would be around the mid 80s to early90s. So, yeah.
  • spacecowboyspacecowboy Members Posts: 587 ✭✭
    edited Apr 11, 2016 #117
    While the powers that be at Augusta may not have been thrilled with Fowler's choice in clothing, they were prepared in case he won...
    Titleist 917 D2 10.5
    Titleist 913 H 19
    Titleist 910 H 24
    Nike Covert Forged 2.0
    Vokey 54.14
    Vokey 58.08
    Odyssey 2 Ball
  • ultrafl1ghtultrafl1ght Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    castellar wrote:

I really do love these style threads! Think I may start a "what are you wearing on the course today" thread. I'd really enjoy the banter between the twenty somethings with joggers and high tops and the baby boomers with their traditional attire.

Given how much traction the "Rickie's Joggers" tread(s) have pick up, this ^ thread would be such a great idea! Haha
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 915D2
    Taylormade M1
    Titleist 816H1
    Mizuno MP-H4/-54/-64
    Vokey SM6
    Odyssey 7H
    [/font]
  • JMarq83JMarq83 Members Posts: 160
    I'm a fan of slim fitting pants but those two-tone joggers he had on were a little too much lol
  • rileyoneillrileyoneill Members Posts: 32
    ProStryker wrote:

I know some people like and people some hate Fowlers fashion sense. But what in the world is up with the woman's yoga hot pants that he was wearing today. Being fashionable is one thing, but straight up embarrassing yourself by wearing your girlfriends yoga stretch pants at the Masters is another.....

Why on earth do you care so much about the way someone else dresses? Clearly, he likes the look and should be left alone after that. It's not you to decide what someone wears or better yet, doesn't wear. How would you like it if someone you actually knew citizen the way you dress? I'm sure you'd shrug it off as no big deal. And you're doing this to someone you don't even know on a personal level. Let Rickie be himself and you as well
  • KGrinolsKGrinols CaMembers Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Here's my question... Do you guys want the sport of Golf to die?

I'm 30, so while this 'trend' won't be seen on me, I'm also young enough to know that I won't be caught dead wearing what half of the posters here do either. (10 years ago, we all likely agreed 'skinny jeans' would never catch on, but we all know how that played out) As someone mentioned above, this isn't about respect, or tradition, or setting new trends. It's about spreading the demographic of Golf beyond, yuppy, rich, white, 60 year old, men. Appealing to younger generations, even if only with 1 golfer they can relate to, could exponentially increase the business of golf for the entire lifespan of a single generation. This is not to imply that a small demographic, from a single generation will make or break the game of golf, but to be so close minded as to dismiss an entire golfer, brand, trend, style, fad, or whathaveyou, is just the first step in dwindling the audience as a whole. As a 30 year old, I am the product of Tiger Woods. My existence on the golf course, and on this forum can be directly related to Tiger Woods and Nike making golf 'cool' when I was growing up. The Tiger effect was massive. Fowler is not Tiger, but if he can attract even a fraction of new-golfers to the sport, that otherwise would have never even looked twice... then you can't sit here and tell me Fowler is negatively effecting the sport, because you think his clothes are offensive. If you truly want nothing but tradition, then the sport will die with your generation, in which you believe the tradition was created.

I understand that in your eyes golf is 'your game', but it's not. As a younger golfer, more often than not, I find myself despising being around the 'golf crowd'. I feel like I'm constantly being condescended to, or treated with disdain. I dislike spending time in pro-shops, because many of the older staff simply can't be bothered to help some kid. It's as if I'm dismissed for my age, and this extends onto the golf course as well. In tournaments it feels like we're being watched, people just expect you to do something completely disrespectful. You feel the eyes of people just waiting because they assume you're a hoodlum, here to steal, break, or set the store on fire. Demo Days, Fittings, Expo's, even at Lessons, you get that sense, that you simply aren't worth their time. You don't matter, you aren't wanted, and you don't belong. In essence, the way many of you view, discuss, and treat Fowler's pants, directly correlate to how you view, discuss, and ultimately treat young golfers in general. It's repulsive, and not just from a golfing perspective, but for humanity as a whole. Not everyone, not every time, not everywhere, but just something to keep in mind.
    Mizuno ST180 Driver Tensei Blue Stiff
    Mizuno ST180 3Wood Tensei Blue Stiff
    Mizuno JPX 900 Hybrid Fujikura Pro73 Stiff
    Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal 4-PW Project X LZ 5.5
    Mizuno T7 50*, 55*, 60* Project X LZ 5.5
    Ping Ketsch