ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. It will be getting MUCH better. Link to full post HERE. Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Flat Cat Putter Grip

Comments

• islesmbislesmb Advanced Members Posts: 153 ✭✭
    edited May 2017

So you guys all take your foot and cram the putter head under the bottom of a cabinet or work bench to install putter grips?

That's what I was originally referring to in the video and to each their own but I like to take better care of my putters than that.

- Josh

I put a towel there to protect my clubheads. Trust me I am very particular about taking care of my clubs. Maybe I should invest in a gripping station, but I haven't had any issues yet.
  • MinaretsMinarets Advanced Members Posts: 3,827 ✭✭
    No solution users yet?

I had no clue it was $50. Yikes.
    Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
    Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
    Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
    Putter: SeeMore mFGP
    Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
  • kiwiikiwii Advanced Members Posts: 664 ✭✭
    The ping Winn ave "palm lock" grip have been out for a while and i haven't seen anyone with much success with it. I think it's a short period of popularity and hype that will go away soon.

Side note, has anyone gotten into a debate on which way the flat portion should be installed? The training videos and ads all show the flat side parallel to the face of the putter but apparently some people think that the flat side should be perpendicular to the face.
    '17 M1 460 9.5/ Rogue Silver
    XR '14 Pro/ PX LZ
    Adams 9031 18°/ Diamana WB
    716 AP24-pw/DG AMT S300
    '14 TM TP 52/56/60
    2014 Squareback/ Lamkin DE + 2 wraps
    Ogio Ozone, TM targa tour
    Tour Boost 360
    TM TP5/ Srixon Zstar XV
  • islesmbislesmb Advanced Members Posts: 153 ✭✭
    kiwii wrote:

The ping Winn ave "palm lock" grip have been out for a while and i haven't seen anyone with much success with it. I think it's a short period of popularity and hype that will go away soon.

Side note, has anyone gotten into a debate on which way the flat portion should be installed? The training videos and ads all show the flat side parallel to the face of the putter but apparently some people think that the flat side should be perpendicular to the face.

It was designed to be used parallel to the face but Justin Rose uses it perpendicular to the face for his claw grip.
    So is the standard flat cat basically the size of the superstroke 2.0, the Big Boy the 3.0 and the Fat the 5.0 Fatso?
  • BrownnlBrownnl Advanced Members Posts: 222
    I really want to try one, but can't get over the obnoxious color/paint scheme.
  • kiwiikiwii Advanced Members Posts: 664 ✭✭
    I had a customer try it for 1 day and handle it.

2CA31FD6-4668-41A9-AC61-6C7F3DA5F915.jpg

I imagine that this grip is great for players who like to focus on the back of the left hand facing the target and controlling the putter head. Otherwise it's a little strange to handle and strange not in a pleasant way. With the shape of the grip I don't feel enough surface area of my hands in contact with the grip if that makes any sense. Also the color scheme and crayon like shape doesn't help.
    '17 M1 460 9.5/ Rogue Silver
    XR '14 Pro/ PX LZ
    Adams 9031 18°/ Diamana WB
    716 AP24-pw/DG AMT S300
    '14 TM TP 52/56/60
    2014 Squareback/ Lamkin DE + 2 wraps
    Ogio Ozone, TM targa tour
    Tour Boost 360
    TM TP5/ Srixon Zstar XV
    Finally got to hold a standard size but i def need more. Big boy or fatty for me.
  • 95124hacker95124hacker Rare putter collection Advanced Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭
    Minarets wrote:

Finally got to hold a standard size but i def need more. Big boy or fatty for me.

I put a Fat on my X5R and it's too big for me. I wear an ML Cadet glove. May drop down to Std or Svelte
    ‘17 M2 “K serial” 10.5* turned down a notch, Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 63S
    '16 M1 3HL (17*), Fujikura Pro 70S
    King F7 2-3 (19*), Fujikura Pro 75h, S
    Epon AF-901 22*, Roddio Pentacross I-8, S
    '11 OnOff Forged 5-PW, Roddio Pentacross I-10, S
    Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 52* & 58*
    Odyssey WHP CSM 400g
    Ball: Srixon Q-Star
    Minarets wrote:

I put a Fat on my X5R and it's too big for me. I wear an ML Cadet glove. May drop down to Std or Svelte

I wear a cadet XL
  • redandwhiteandblueredandwhiteandblue Advanced Members Posts: 191
    I've been wondering how these things work
    edited May 2017
    I'm gonna bite the bullet and go with a big boy.
  • mbbrewermbbrewer Advanced Members Posts: 959 ✭✭
    Minarets wrote:

No solution users yet?

I've got it on mine. Makes short puts automatic but I'm suffering on distance control with the longer ones. I really like the feel just have to dial it in
    mbbrewer wrote:
    Minarets wrote:

No solution users yet?

I've got it on mine. Makes short puts automatic but I'm suffering on distance control with the longer ones. I really like the feel just have to dial it in

What size?
  • gpleonardgpleonard Advanced Members Posts: 1,208 ✭✭

I had to laugh at their "Installation How To" video! Does anyone really install a grip like this?

http://www.flatcatgolf.com/how-to/

- Josh
    I would never install a grip that way. Much prefer to lock into a vise for ease of use.. Also not crazy about his way of putting the grip solvent on.. Just my thoughts.. But think he is making way to much work out of the grip install..
    Gil Leonard
  • Hammy2424Hammy2424 Members Posts: 14

Minarets wrote:

I wear the same glove size and just put on a Svelte. I will try to post a pic later tonight.
    Minarets wrote:

I am using the SS 3.0 now and want more. Think I'll go big boy. The fatso I had awhile back was huge. I held a standard in GG the other day and wanted more.
  • AtlantagolfAtlantagolf Advanced Members Posts: 88 ✭✭
    Minarets wrote:

No solution users yet?

I bought one several weeks ago and finally got to install it last night. I have a 2 day tournament coming up this weekend and will full test it then. My initial feed back is that it does make the head feel lighter. It was a little more difficult to install than the original flatcat and any other grip I have installed - seemed to bind up for the last inch or two.

The theory of counterbalancing down lower from the tip of the club makes sense - we'll see. Look back here on Monday for a full on the course review.
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Advanced Members Posts: 3,275 ✭✭
    I had heard on PGA Tour Radio that Adam Scott was using a Flat Cat.
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
    Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • ladahlladahl Members Posts: 6,868

Minarets wrote:

No solution users yet?

I bought one several weeks ago and finally got to install it last night. I have a 2 day tournament coming up this weekend and will full test it then. My initial feed back is that it does make the head feel lighter. It was a little more difficult to install than the original flatcat and any other grip I have installed - seemed to bind up for the last inch or two.

The theory of counterbalancing down lower from the tip of the club makes sense - we'll see. Look back here on Monday for a full on the course review.

I've playing playing it for a while now.

SOLID grip. Used the regular FC last season
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Ping G400 Max Veylix Alphina 673<br />'16 TM M2 16.5* HL Veylix Rome 888 <br />Callaway Epic #3H KBS Proto 95<br />PXG 0311X #4 KBS Proto 95 <br />PXG 0311 Black 5/6/7 0311T Black 8/9/W Aerotech SteelFiber 95 S<br /> SM7 Jet Black 50*, 54* & 58* TT DG TI Onyx S400<br />PXG Mustang S Black[/font]<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />WITB Link[/font]
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Advanced Members Posts: 3,275 ✭✭
    Looks like Kokrak is using one too.
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
    Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • J13J13 Dad golf Advanced Members Posts: 15,234 ✭✭
    Since golf pride bought Flat Cat I see them in golf galaxy now. I also like Rosemark but man the designs of these grips are ugly
    Callaway Flash SZ 9* / ROGUE 130msi Silver 70TX
    Nike VR Pro LTD 15* / Aldila RIP 80X
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV

GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
  • wis99skiwis99ski Members Posts: 158

Minarets wrote:

No solution users yet?

Any updates? I'm trying to figure out if I should invest in the solution or not? I wear a M or ML Cadet glove and need a new grip for my Cure RX4 asap. Thx!
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: Mizuno JPX 900 with Kuro Kage Silver Dual Core TiNi 80 X[/font]
    [font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Fairway: 3W Tour Edge Exotics Beta Ti with Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80 S[/font]
    [font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Tour 18* with UST Mamiya Recoil S[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Irons: Mizuno JPX 850 forged and MP-32 with Nippon Modus3 120 X[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Driving Iron: Exotics CB PROh 18* with Fujikura Fuel Tour 70 S [/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Wedges: Scratch 47, Mizuno T5 53*-11, 57*-12 with Modus Wedge 125[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Putter: Cure RX5[/font]
  • dbleagdbleag Advanced Members Posts: 2,874 ✭✭
    Sorry if it's already been asked, but are these the same length as most putter grips?

I'd like to use one with the left-hand-low style and sometimes I run out of room on the grip.
  • cmb71cmb71 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,405 ClubWRX
    dbleag wrote:

Sorry if it's already been asked, but are these the same length as most putter grips?

I'd like to use one with the left-hand-low style and sometimes I run out of room on the grip.

Svelte and Solution are almost the same... 10.5" of grip plus another 1.5 to 1.75" for the cap on the low side of the grip. Total length a little over 12".
    TaylorMade M4 8.5* - Aldila Copper Mamba 60-TX
    TaylorMade M5 15* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec
    TaylorMade GAPR Mid 3 - Nippon Modus Tour 105
    TaylorMade 760 4-PW - Nippon Modus Tour 105
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 50*, 54*, & 60* - Nippon Modus 115 Black Wedge
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line CS
  • dbleagdbleag Advanced Members Posts: 2,874 ✭✭
    cmb - thanks!
  • nova6868nova6868 Advanced Members Posts: 4,678 ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Have read the discussion, but still can't get a feel for the size of these. Are there comparison pics anywhere? Comparing to Superstroke sizes or anything else?

Edit: Found this picture comparing them to a SuperStroke 2.0.

pOpKal5.jpg

I really want to try one of these, but the color is just awful. Really awful. Hopefully Lamkin will update the colors.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • DWCobraJRDWCobraJR Advanced Members Posts: 536 ✭✭
    J13 wrote:
    Since golf pride bought Flat Cat I see them in golf galaxy now. I also like Rosemark but man the designs of these grips are ugly

Believe They licensed themselves out to Lamkin. But I could always be wrong
  • cmb71cmb71 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,405 ClubWRX
    DWCobraJR wrote:

J13 wrote:

Believe They licensed themselves out to Lamkin. But I could always be wrong

Correct, Lamkin.
    TaylorMade M4 8.5* - Aldila Copper Mamba 60-TX
    TaylorMade M5 15* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec
    TaylorMade GAPR Mid 3 - Nippon Modus Tour 105
    TaylorMade 760 4-PW - Nippon Modus Tour 105
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 50*, 54*, & 60* - Nippon Modus 115 Black Wedge
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line CS
    I bought the big boy. Probably should've bought the fat. I thought the sizes were reversed based on the names. However I really like the field. I will say the Inverted cone technology works wonders. It is yet to get stuck coming out of my bag unlike my super stroke.