Flat Cat Putter Grip

12346»

Comments

• proguyproguy Members Posts: 872 ✭✭
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

Just saw a video of Justin rose talking about this grip.... He puts the flat cat wording toward the sky. Isn't that the wrong way??

The reason just bought one was a demo putter had installed this way. really took my hands out of it .
    F9 9 degree Atmos black
    Epic 15 degree Diamana white
    M3 19 Hyrbrid Proforce Yellow
    R11 7 wood Fuji something old school
    4-pw J40 CB Project X
    52,56,60 DD scratch 8810
    Bryon Gball!
  • JClarkGolfJClarkGolf Members Posts: 69 ✭✭
    I had a flat cat grip all last season. Depends how you have the grip on. Flat to the target is how I had mine and I hated it so I switched to perpendicular with the target and loved it.
  • getitdailygetitdaily Members Posts: 2,440 ✭✭
    Anyone put this grip into a SAM puttlab test to see what difference it makes, in the same head, in regards to path and face rotation?
  • jt2gtjt2gt Members Posts: 551 ✭✭
    STill liking my original Flat Cat Standard. Tried the Tak, but going back to original on most putters.

BTW....anyone have a spare Original Standard...the first version WITHOUT "LAMKIN" on it, they want to get rid of? This is the one with the target symbol on the underside, not LAMKIN.

PM if you have one or two to spare...I have a tak I would trade as well.

Thanks, JT
  • JdeepSauceJdeepSauce You know, for Italians its considered skilled labor Members Posts: 68 ✭✭

I had to laugh at their "Installation How To" video! Does anyone really install a grip like this?

http://www.flatcatgolf.com/how-to/

- Josh

**** the video isn't there anymore.

Wanted to see that.

What was so funny about the grip install?

- Jdeep
    TaylorMade – M3 9.5°
    Srixon – Z U65 2 18°
    Srixon – Z 765 3-6
    Srixon – Z 965 7-PW
    Cleveland – RTX 4 – 50°, 54°, 58°
    Ping – Redwood - Piper S
  • georgewhufcgeorgewhufc Members Posts: 1

I have just bought a Flat Cat - took a bit of gamble, was in desperate need of a new putter grip and had read mostly great things about the Flat Cat. I'm in the UK and I've found they're pretty rare over here.
    So much so, that when I took into my local pro shop to have it fitted I made sure they knew how to fit the grip. When I collected it, they'd put it on the 'wrong', 'Justin Rose' way with the Flat Cat wording pointing up. I did ok with it on my first round but now a little concerned that since it's the 'wrong way' I could actually do better with it installed the right way... what do you guys think?

• Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,442 ✭✭

One of the most awkward grips I've ever tried. Probably just my hands, but this was just a strange grip to, well, grip. Completely lost a feel for the face of the putter.

• Darth_BladerDarth_Blader Members Posts: 982 ✭✭

I have one installed with flat side parallel to target line. Its been a game changer.

Cobra F9 9* UST Attas Coool
    Rogue 15* Aldila Max 75
    Vsteel 7w Rogue 80
    S55 4-PW CTaper S+
    Scratch 8620 50* KBS CTaper S+
    Scratch 8620 56* KBS CTaper S+
    Scratch TI 60 DG 400
    Odyssey LE PT10