ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Question on Clubheads / Shafts

UCBananaboyUCBananaboy Advanced Members Posts: 1,081 ✭✭
I've found my favorite shaft in a driver is a stock shaft for TaylorMade burners.

I'm a bit of a clubmaking noob so I wanted to see if this was possible. The TM burners are quite old now and fairly inexpensive - if I was able to find one for cheap, could I buy it and have a clubmaker swap the clubhead out to something more modern? I assume removal of a clubhead doesn't kill the shaft and they are fairly interchangeable?

Comments

• Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 3,523 ClubWRX
    A clubmaker could definitely do that for you.

What flex shaft do you need? There are dozens of Taylormade Burner shafts on eBay for $10 a piece.

You can also order the new M series drivers w/ the Taylormade Reax shafts - which is essentially the same thing in the burner line.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Uncut-TaylorMade-Burner-Fujikura-REAX-60-Regular-Flex-Shaft-46-/401056297599?hash=item5d60d1727f:g:TmoAAOSwqrtWmo5Z
    ‘16 Taylormade M2 Tour Issue 8.5° w/ KuroKage Dual Core XT 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • UCBananaboyUCBananaboy Advanced Members Posts: 1,081 ✭✭
    I don't have my club handy but I'll definitely have to search ebay!

Thanks for the suggestion