2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

A UNIQLO Guide

I've been seeing a lot of topics with a good amount confused about Uniqlo, so I wanted to offer a quick guide to help everyone. I've been shopping at Uniqlo for over 10 years now since the first store in the United States opened in New Jersey. And lately, they've been getting more visibility since Adam Scott has been winning this season, but they don't make golf front and center because they are a bigger brand than that.

Price: Overall, the prices cannot be beat in comparison to the major golf brands. Uniqlo is far bigger than their golf line and the quality of their products in my opinion are great. Their regular prices are already pretty good, but they often have promotions that change every week like a discounted price if you buy 2 or more. When they are trying to clear inventory, the prices are discounted even further but you have to get lucky and catch this in the beginning. Towards the end, you will have slim pickings on normal sizes, you will be left with XS or XXL+.

Fit: Most of their tops generally run smaller than usual and are also slimmer fit. The waist on their bottoms are about 1 inch smaller than normal but they have 1 inch increments on their bottoms which is good. And most importantly, all their pants are 34" in length so either take advantage of the free tailoring they offer in store or just get it hemmed yourself at your local tailor.

Golf Products: Here is the Adam Scott Collection.

• Polos: Dry-Ex Polos are their version of the moisture-wicking athletic material. Dry-Pique/Dry-Shirt Collar are your standard cotton polos on the outside but they have some form of lighter sweat-wicking materials on the inside. These are still heavier than the Dry-Ex but you can wear these comfortably for temperatures in the 70s.
  • Shorts: Dry Stretch Active Shorts are your basic golf shorts with the super light moisture-wicking materials. Dry Stretch Shorts is your in-between regular chinos and the moisture-wicking athletic golf shorts.
  • Pants: Dry Stretch Pants is their golf pants, light enough to wear in the Summer. The other pants are too heavy in the Summer but are awesome for Fall/Winter.

Hope this helps.

Taylormade SIM2 Max | Srixon Z-Star | Cleveland Launcher DST | Mizuno JPX-825 Pro | Titleist Vokey SM5 (54S, 58K) | SC Studio Select Newport 2

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've bought a bunch of stuff through the online store and I love it! Fit is excellent and price can't be beat.

TM SIM - KuroKage 60XTX
TM SIM 15 - Blueboard 83X
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3 Iron - PXI 6.5
Srixon Z745 4,5 - Dynamic Gold x100

Callaway Apex Raw 6-PW - Dynamic Gold x100
Titleist SM8 - 52, 56, 60 - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Style 350 Newport 2

many thanks for this guide...

uniqlo is getting pretty big over here lately and they have recently just expanded their lines to include golf apparel...

agree on their sizing being on the smaller side so 1 or even 2 sizes bigger are usually the norm vs average US sizes..

and their pricing is really hard to beat..

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

I agree about their pricing. It's great! I also agree about the sizing. I have gotten so used to the oversized American sizing that normally I buy a size Sm in a polo/collared shirt. I could barely get my arms in the small, much less my chest. So remember fellas... size up for Uniqlo. ;)

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

I've been seeing a lot of topics with a good amount confused about Uniqlo, so I wanted to offer a quick guide to help everyone. I've been shopping at Uniqlo for over 10 years now since the first store in the United States opened in New Jersey. And lately, they've been getting more visibility since Adam Scott has been winning this season, but they don't make golf front and center because they are a bigger brand than that.

Price: Overall, the prices cannot be beat in comparison to the major golf brands. Uniqlo is far bigger than their golf line and the quality of their products in my opinion are great. Their regular prices are already pretty good, but they often have promotions that change every week like a discounted price if you buy 2 or more. When they are trying to clear inventory, the prices are discounted even further but you have to get lucky and catch this in the beginning. Towards the end, you will have slim pickings on normal sizes, you will be left with XS or XXL+.

Fit: Most of their tops generally run smaller than usual and are also slimmer fit. The waist on their bottoms are about 1 inch smaller than normal but they have 1 inch increments on their bottoms which is good. And most importantly, all their pants are 34" in length so either take advantage of the free tailoring they offer in store or just get it hemmed yourself at your local tailor.

Golf Products: Here is the Adam Scott Collection.

• Polos: Dry-Ex Polos are their version of the moisture-wicking athletic material. Dry-Pique/Dry-Shirt Collar are your standard cotton polos on the outside but they have some form of lighter sweat-wicking materials on the inside. These are still heavier than the Dry-Ex but you can wear these comfortably for temperatures in the 70s.
  • Shorts: Dry Stretch Active Shorts are your basic golf shorts with the super light moisture-wicking materials. Dry Stretch Shorts is your in-between regular chinos and the moisture-wicking athletic golf shorts.
  • Pants: Dry Performance Pants is their golf pants, light enough to wear in the Summer. The other pants are too heavy in the Summer but are awesome for Fall/Winter.

Hope this helps.

Nice guide, just one minor correction though. Their "golf pants" are the ones that say "dry stretch".

Oh, didn't even notice. When the pants first came out, they called them dry performance but it never made sense to me why they called the shorts differently when they were the same material. I figured they'd go one way or the other so I guess they went with "stretch". Now it's at least consistent.

Taylormade SIM2 Max | Srixon Z-Star | Cleveland Launcher DST | Mizuno JPX-825 Pro | Titleist Vokey SM5 (54S, 58K) | SC Studio Select Newport 2

Oh, didn't even notice. When the pants first came out, they called them dry performance but it never made sense to me why they called the shorts differently when they were the same material. I figured they'd go one way or the other so I guess they went with "stretch". Now it's at least consistent.

Yeah, just wanted to add that since they also have a "dry pants" option that has no stretch/give to them...better suited for summer time work or casual wear than anything active.

Has anyone compared the fit to brands like Travis Mathew?

Thanks in advance.

Driver: PING G410 LST, Ping Tour 65X

3 Wood: PING G400, Project x EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5

3 Hybrid: PING G410, Ping Tour 85 X

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 (4-PW), Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: PING Glide (50SS, 54WS, 58ES), Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Ball: Taylormade TP5 (Pix or Yellow)

I've also bought a lot of uniqlo apparel over the past years and could not be happier.

I would add I am a small or medium depending on the type of shirt so you really should try everything on.

Also, the new dry polos compare to the lullulemon polos for much less cost. I was very impressed.

Overall. I can't get enough of their stuff.

Thanks in advance.

I also wear Travis Mathew, the fit is similar with the exception of the dri-pique polos, they run a bit smaller and shrink in the dryer. For the dry-ex polos they are fairly similar to TM.

Thanks in advance.

I also wear Travis Mathew, the fit is similar with the exception of the dri-pique polos, they run a bit smaller and shrink in the dryer. For the dry-ex polos they are fairly similar to TM.

Thank You! Great to know before I try and order something.

Anyone try the dry stretch active shorts yet? How are they compared to the DriFit Nike and UA shorts?

I have the dry stretch active and the Hurley-Nike Drifit chinos. The Uniqlo's are a tad slimmer but the waist is more stretchable since the waist sizes are ranges like mediums are 30-33 rather than being exact waist sizes. Don't own the UA's my only shorts are uniqlos and Dri fit chinos.

Don't forget their airism line of underwear!

On sale (Airism) through 4/28, $7.90 each

As for other Uniqlo items. I picked up some Dry Stretch shorts, and, they are significantly more tapered than UA, Nike, or Adidas shorts.

Their Dry Pique Polo's are a slimmer fit, and, they are a cotton-poly blend, as are the Dry Stretch shorts.

Thanks for the info! Have a pair of selvedge jeans from them and love them. Been looking at pulling the trigger on some golf gear for a while.

Question for the dry ex polo, it seems a little cheap/genetic looking online. Anyone have experience with it in person?

TM Stealth2+ - Diamana S+ 6x
17' TM M2 15* 3 wood - Tensei Blue 7x
Nike VR Forged Combo 3-PW - Hard stepped Project X 6.0
TM MG Wedges - 52, 58
Custom Nike Oven Method 006, Toulon Las Vegas

Thanks for all the feedback. Have a trip planned to SoCal this summer so I might try to get in to a store to try some on:)

I've also bought a lot of uniqlo apparel over the past years and could not be happier.

I would add I am a small or medium depending on the type of shirt so you really should try everything on.

Also, the new dry polos compare to the lullulemon polos for much less cost. I was very impressed.

Findingfairways which uniqlo shirts are you comparing to which Lululemon polos? The more cottony type feeling lulu ones I'm guessing with the uniqlo shir collars?

TM Stealth2+ - Diamana S+ 6x
17' TM M2 15* 3 wood - Tensei Blue 7x
Nike VR Forged Combo 3-PW - Hard stepped Project X 6.0
TM MG Wedges - 52, 58
Custom Nike Oven Method 006, Toulon Las Vegas

So if im on the border of a 32/33 waist size, what size Dry Stretch Active Short would I order?

Haha. Dry stretch active shorts are expandable but I think you are ok going with a medium.

Small: 27-30

Medium: 30-33

Large: 33-36

X-Large: 36+

Wow. Some good deals on that Uniqlo site and $5 shipping? Sold.

I bought 3 shirts and some of the airism underwear. For those prices, I've got to take a shot. And they had a ton of polos in stock at 3xl.

Sadly they don't make any of the Adam Scott stuff in 2xl or 3xl. I'd love to wear some of the stuff he does.

Findingfairways which uniqlo shirts are you comparing to which Lululemon polos? The more cottony type feeling lulu ones I'm guessing with the uniqlo shir collars?

I was referring to the metal vent tech polo. Very comfortable. The ones like a work out shirt