Nike Method Origin Putters: The Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,519 ✭✭
    I wonder how long it will take before they release additional origin models in the line?
  • QuickFeetQuickFeet Members Posts: 1,606 ✭✭
    LOL...........feel is such an individual thing and is very biased due to our current frame of reference which is normally our "gamer" in the bag.

I find my ORIGIN B2 to have a very "crisp" feel and sound when making contact with the ball (RZN Platinum or Black) but not "clicky, harsh or loud." Even the Titleist ProV or 1X has the same feel off the Origin yet a Titleist off the driver for me feels to soft and dead. The ball coming off the face isn't "hot" but seems "lively" with very little skid before beginning a forward roll. Again, just a perception in a fraction of a second; a high speed camera would provide a much better picture of what's actually happening. On the putting green the same stroke seems to deliver very tight distance control, which is what I'd expect.

The ORIGIN technology seems to have merit. I've tried some off-center hits (+/- 1/4 inch toe/heel from center) and the sound and feel doesn't change; the roll and speed seem to hold also. The technology doesn't mask the mis-hit yet the strike still feels solid.

If you have the ORIGIN I hope it works as good for you as it is for me. For those of you considering this putter, definitely check it out. Words like "crisp, clicky, harsh, loud, muted, hot, lively, etc." can have such different meanings to everyone; especially when it comes to golf equipment.
    TaylorMade M2 10.5o / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
    Nike Vr Pro :td. 5W / UST VTS 7R Silver
    Callaway Apex 3/20o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
    Callaway Apex 4/23o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
    Nike Covert Forged 4-PW / UST Recoil 95 F3
    Nike Engage 58 Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Maltby 54 M Series + Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Vr Forged 50 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Nike Origin B2-01
    Nike RZN Tour Black
  • pezjasonpezjason Lefty Boomers Posts: 253 ✭✭
    Does anyone have side by side comparison pics of the B2 stock vs the B2 Rory LE?

I've seen multiple comparisons of the 006 vs the B2 Rory LE, but nothing yet of the B2 stock vs the B2 Rory LE.

There's got to be at least 1 delinquent on here that has bought both. image/to_become_senile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':to_become_senile:' />
  • pelotonjonpelotonjon Members Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Who would be the go to person for engraving letters on the neck of the stock origin in the same style as "RORS" (but with my name)? Slighter? Continental?
    I would think anyone or any company that has a laser capable of engraving could do the work for you.

The font is Bank Gothic, an older font that can be downloaded from many places on the Internet. Just Google "Bank Gothic"

My retail B2 with nickname and paint filled.
    Nike Origin B2-01
    Nike RZN Tour Black
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,519 ✭✭
    Does the Headcover on the origin have the magnetic closure?
    The stock B2-01 Origin comes with a velcro cover.
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,650 ✭✭

Does the Headcover on the origin have the magnetic closure?

No, just the RORS version
    Yadi for President
    Quickfeet, was your name done by Nike or a third party?
  • jimmymac50jimmymac50 Members Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Ordered mine Friday. Tracking says it will be here tomorrow (Monday). Looking forward to it. Also very interested in where to have name engraved on the neck.
  • Dubv23Dubv23 Members Posts: 721 ✭✭
    One thing I realized playing both the B1-01 and the RORS b2-01 is that the RORS felt softer to me and I couldn't figure out why. Then reading the specs I found out the RORS has 4* loft and the retail versions 2.75*.

I tend to forward press and while I still got a good roll with the b1-01 it didn't feel the same as the RORS. So I went ahead and did not forward press and the softness I experienced with the RORS is there.

Just something to consider for those gaming the retail version since they have a stronger loft.
    pelotonjon wrote:

Was done at The Oven.
    Nike Origin B2-01
    Nike RZN Tour Black
  • pezjasonpezjason Lefty Boomers Posts: 253 ✭✭
    QuickFeet wrote:

I would think anyone or any company that has a laser capable of engraving could do the work for you.

The font is Bank Gothic, an older font that can be downloaded from many places on the Internet. Just Google "Bank Gothic"

Do you know what the font is called for the "NIKE" on the front of the neck? Might want to use that on the back instead of Bank Gothic for my name.
  • newportbeachnewportbeach Members Posts: 3,508 ✭✭
    edited Apr 25, 2016 #45
    Anyone order a custom retail B2-01 with more loft? I'd prefer one like the RORS model with 4*.
    Though much is taken much abides;
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    - Lord Tennyson
  • thekid21thekid21 Members Posts: 64
    GolfGrouch wrote:

Rolled one in the store today(right handed). Felt good and looks really good as well. Had a really nice feel coming off the putter face. Wish they made these lefty but everything I've seen so far doesn't look like they did

The B2-01 retail version will be available in left handed.

One rep I talked to said the left handed version will be available May 23rd. Some kind of manufacturing issue.
    2018 Taylormade M3 CK Orange 60s
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 917 F2 15* Diamana S+ LE Blue 70s[/font]
    Nike Vapor Flex 4H Diamana S+ Blue 80s
    ​NikeVapor Pro Combo (5-P)
    Titleist SM6 52F

Titleist SM6 56S
    Nike Engage Dual 60
    Taylormade TP Black Copper Juno
    Taylormade TP5x
    pezjason wrote:

QuickFeet wrote:

Do you know what the font is called for the "NIKE" on the front of the neck? Might want to use that on the back instead of Bank Gothic for my name.

Not sure about the "NIKE" on front side of the neck. Just guessing here.........I'd say it is an image versus a font. Also, since every ORIGIN will most likely have the "NIKE" on the front of the neck it may be part of the production process.

The "Swoosh" on the back side or "the OVEN" that you see on most of the putters and prototypes that come from there are both images that can be scaled up or down in size.
    Nike Origin B2-01
    Nike RZN Tour Black
  • kmac49kmac49 ClubWRX Posts: 1,038 ✭✭
    Found it interesting, went to see if I could pick up the B2-01 from Golfsmith on Saturday, nobody there had even heard of it. Neither store in my area had any and we're in Nike country up here in Oregon.
    WITB
    D - Cobra King F8 10.5*
    4w - Cobra Fly Z+, 16.5*
    3h - Ping Anser 20*
    3i-PW - Mizuno MP-33, KBS Tour 130 X
    52* - Callaway Mack Daddy 4
    58* - Callaway Mack Daddy Forged
    Putter - Taylormade Tour Spider Red
  • texasdavetexasdave Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭
    Should be getting my RORS Origin today...since I already ordered a b1/01 not sure if I'm gonna take it out of the wrapper yet.
    . TaylorMade M6 10.5*
    Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
    Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
    TaylorMade P790 5-PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
    2018 Cameron Fastback
    Titleist Pro v1x
  • DirtyBirdie2DirtyBirdie2 Of All The Hazards, Fear Is The Worst YEGMembers Posts: 803 ✭✭
    thekid21 wrote:

GolfGrouch wrote:

Rolled one in the store today(right handed). Felt good and looks really good as well. Had a really nice feel coming off the putter face. Wish they made these lefty but everything I've seen so far doesn't look like they did

One rep I talked to said the left handed version will be available May 23rd. Some kind of manufacturing issue.

Nope. Released the same time as the RH model.

[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]Thanks for reaching out, Jesse. The Method Origin B2-01 LH was launched at the same time as the RH version. We'd suggest visiting your local Golf Town to pick one up, or having them place an order if they don't have any LH in stock. Thanks, Nike Golf[/background]

2019 WITB

Driver: M5 w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ
    Fairway Woods: M4 3 & 5 w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ
    Irons: 4-PW Tour Issue Callaway Raw MB's (Wide Grooves) w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Wedges: 52,56,60 Hi Toe w/ KBS HiRev
    Putter: Bettinardi BB0 Poison Kool-Aid

• jtothep21jtothep21 Members Posts: 335

thekid21 wrote:

GolfGrouch wrote:

Nope. Released the same time as the RH model.

[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]Thanks for reaching out, Jesse. The Method Origin B2-01 LH was launched at the same time as the RH version. We'd suggest visiting your local Golf Town to pick one up, or having them place an order if they don't have any LH in stock. Thanks, Nike Golf[/background]

When will golf town release this putter, I haven't seen anything on their website.
    Driver - TM M2 Kuro Kage 60 S
    3W - TM Areoburner TP Matrix White Tie S
    Hybrid - Adams XTD Ti Matrix Red Tie S
    Irons - Ping i200 KBS Tour 120
    Wedges - Nike Engage 56/60
    Putter - Custom Kingston KP1 Carbon
    Ball - Taylormade Tour Preferred X
    Shoes - Nike Lunar Control 4 and Nike TW 14 Mesh
  • GolfGrouchGolfGrouch Members Posts: 460 ✭✭
    edited Apr 25, 2016 #52
    stuway wrote:

stuway wrote:

Very surprised this has 4* of loft. The methods are 2.5* I believe. Wonder if the retail Origins are lower and the 4* is just mimicking RoRs specs??

Just answered my own question, retail is 70*lie and 2.75*loft. I'm working on getting a RoRs, but I will have to tweak it to 70* and 3* gulp. Hate to have it bent, but gotta be done

I had that confirmed by Nike directly as well.

Mine looks incredibly upright and after playing a 70* lie angle and 3* of loft putter for the last 4-5 years, it will need to be bent if I end up keeping it.

- Josh

I'm with you man. I can't play it that upright either. Good fitter should be able to do it no problem. I just hate to spend the money a LE and have it nicked changing the set up.

If you ever plan on reselling it, I would reconsider bending the putter. Part of the value of the Rory edition is that it is made exactly to his specifications. If you modify it, it eliminates some of this value. I think you're better served by buying the retail version with your specs and either 1) selling or returning the Rory edition or 2) keeping it unmodified as a collector's item.
    Your "GolfWRX Likes" are greatly appreciated!
    • Titleist 690MB Forged Irons 3-PW
    • Nike Vapor Fly Pro Driver with MRC Diamana S+ Blue Board Stiff Shaft
    • TaylorMade V-Steel 15° 3-Wood
    • Titleist Spin Milled 56° and 60° Wedges
    • Scotty Cameron Newport Mil-Spec Putter
  • TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members Posts: 1,215 ✭✭
    QuickFeet wrote:

pelotonjon wrote:

Was done at The Oven.
    How did you get in the oven?

QuickFeet wrote:

This looks amazing!
    TaylorMade 2019 M1 9°, Aldila Rogue 110, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    Bomb Tech 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Oban Devotion, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members Posts: 1,215 ✭✭
    [media=]
    TaylorMade 2019 M1 9°, Aldila Rogue 110, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    Bomb Tech 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Oban Devotion, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • newportbeachnewportbeach Members Posts: 3,508 ✭✭
    GolfGrouch wrote:

stuway wrote:

stuway wrote:

Very surprised this has 4* of loft. The methods are 2.5* I believe. Wonder if the retail Origins are lower and the 4* is just mimicking RoRs specs??

Just answered my own question, retail is 70*lie and 2.75*loft. I'm working on getting a RoRs, but I will have to tweak it to 70* and 3* gulp. Hate to have it bent, but gotta be done

I had that confirmed by Nike directly as well.

Mine looks incredibly upright and after playing a 70* lie angle and 3* of loft putter for the last 4-5 years, it will need to be bent if I end up keeping it.

- Josh

I'm with you man. I can't play it that upright either. Good fitter should be able to do it no problem. I just hate to spend the money a LE and have it nicked changing the set up.

If you ever plan on reselling it, I would reconsider bending the putter. Part of the value of the Rory edition is that it is made exactly to his specifications. If you modify it, it eliminates some of this value. I think you're better served by buying the retail version with your specs and either 1) selling or returning the Rory edition or 2) keeping it unmodified as a collector's item.

Nah just game it. Rory will switch to another putter within three years and Nike will do another special limited Rory model. The Origin and 006 will fall in price since they are not the latest and greatest. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Though much is taken much abides;
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    - Lord Tennyson
  • sharks25sharks25 Members Posts: 370
    I'm sorry if someone already said it but when will the other putters be released? The flow neck in particular.
  • stuwaystuway Stuart Members Posts: 995 ClubWRX
    I'm gonna game it for sure. Not gonna resell. So if I can't play it as is, bended she gets. Yes, my RoRs putter is a female
    Nike
    Nike
    &
    More Nike
  • rpaige88rpaige88 Members Posts: 1,525
    stuway wrote:

I'm gonna game it for sure. Not gonna resell. So if I can't play it as is, bended she gets. Yes, my RoRs putter is a female

I don't know if I'll be able to bend mine. I'm still up in the air about what I'll do with mine. May just have to return it and buy a retail version or find someone on here who wanted one and didn't get one.
    Optiforce 440 9.5* w/ B-Series BlueBoard 60X
    913H 18*& 22* w/ iRod 85F4
    Ping s55 (4-PW) w/ Recoil 95 Prototype
    Engage 50sq, 54sq, 60ds w/ Recoil 110 Prototype
    Bettinardi Signature Series 7
  • madmaclivemadmaclive Members Posts: 503 ✭✭
    sharks25 wrote:

I'm sorry if someone already said it but when will the other putters be released? The flow neck in particular.

I was told the other models have only been available to players for a couple weeks so they might be a while. Probably later in the summer.
  • gkberger1gkberger1 gkberger Members Posts: 21
    stuway wrote:

Yep thats what I would do
  • DirtyBirdie2DirtyBirdie2 Of All The Hazards, Fear Is The Worst YEGMembers Posts: 803 ✭✭
    thekid21 wrote:

GolfGrouch wrote:

Mine arrived today..

IMG_3094_zpschbstzcw.jpg

IMG_3095_zpsqcyd0b2h.jpg

IMG_3096_zps6nhujagx.jpg

2019 WITB

Driver: M5 w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ
    Fairway Woods: M4 3 & 5 w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ
    Irons: 4-PW Tour Issue Callaway Raw MB's (Wide Grooves) w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Wedges: 52,56,60 Hi Toe w/ KBS HiRev
    Putter: Bettinardi BB0 Poison Kool-Aid