Nike Method Origin Putters: The Official Discussion Thread

1234568»

Comments

• TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,519 ✭✭

kidrobot wrote:

Got my B2-01 today, and I love it, but I don't love the grip.

Am I crazy for wanting to buy another putter shaft so I can regrip and not destroy the Lamkin "Origin" on it?

These may be collector items in the future, though they are not at the moment. I think it is only worth it if you are upgrading the putter shaft. It is always fun to tinker though.

I agree and that is one reason why I have held on to all of my Nike putttes.
  • K13K13 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    kidrobot wrote:

Hjosh7_ wrote:

kidrobot wrote:

Anyone know if the head weight for the counterflex models is any heavier than the non-counterflex?

I bought a counterflex model for the head because I got it cheap. According to the specs Nike put out, the counterflex models are supposed to be like 368 grams or something where the regular head was 345 grams. When I took the head off to put it on a regular shaft, it weighed at 345 grams. It's possible my scale is off, but I also tested it by weighing a Superstroke Flatso which is supposed to be like 85 grams and it was spot on.

So to answer your question, I think it's supposed to be, but mine wasn't.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of doing. What did you end up shafting it with?

I think it's more in line with putter length - I wanted to do the same and bought a 38" for $89 new on Global Golf. After taking the head off and weighing, it's at 368g exactly.
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,703 ClubWRX
    I was able to get the weights out of my Tour stock Origin. They look to all be 1 gram weights. My head weight is 346 with the weights. I’d love to get my hands on some heavier weights to get it up to 360ish. I wonder what the cost would be to have a machinist recreate them out of heavier material...probably more than it’s worth. Could probably knock the price down if multiple people were interested though.

WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • ws6ws6 Pacific Dunes Members Posts: 2,304 ✭✭
    I'm in for heavier weights.
  • Always_roughAlways_rough Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    I'm also in for heavier weights, want around a 355-360 head weight. Currently sitting at 345. Anyone come up with anything?
    Got 14 daggum golf clubs, but none of 'em hit the ball straight.

(1W) M3 440
    (3W) 917 F3
    (3i) MP-18 fli hi
    (4i-PW) JPX 900 Tour
    (52, 56, 60) SM6
    Oven B1-01
  • swyyyguyswyyyguy Members Posts: 157 ✭✭
    I just bought a B1-01 from Dallas Golf today. It has a CH serial number but no sight line so I think it's from The Oven. Do you guys have any idea why some of the putters from The Oven don't start with an O? Is it safe to say that mine is from The Oven?

Also, they had a few Method Origin putters that weren't the B1-01 or B2-01. Any Method Origin that is not one of those two models is non-retail right?
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,703 ClubWRX
    swyyyguy wrote:

I just bought a B1-01 from Dallas Golf today. It has a CH serial number but no sight line so I think it's from The Oven. Do you guys have any idea why some of the putters from The Oven don't start with an O? Is it safe to say that mine is from The Oven?

Also, they had a few Method Origin putters that weren't the B1-01 or B2-01. Any Method Origin that is not one of those two models is non-retail right?

No sight line from Dallas Golf would be a Tour Stock putter from the Oven. They weren't actually made at the oven, so most that I have seen don't have O serials. CH and PC seem to be the most common. Correct - any non B1-01 or B2-01 would be a non-retail Tour Stock putter that came from inventory sell-off from the Oven.
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,569 ✭✭
    What’s the best black shaft to fit this line? Is it a .370 tip and .600 butt putter shaft?
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

Looking at an Apollo black stepless rather than heat sink plastic wrap and add extra weight.

Black shaft is 120 grams at 36”
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

PaulCar65 wrote:

anyone refinished an origin to a darker finish? or black?

Saw one on eBay about a month ago. Even the blue RZN on the sole was black.

I missed this. Would’ve loved an image
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• NYCGolfNutNYCGolfNut Members Posts: 293 ClubWRX
    edited Apr 14, 2018 #222

PaulCar65 wrote:

I missed this. Would've loved an image

On a lark, I decided to refinish my Origin to Black myself. Basically used the same paint I used to MM Proto my Vapor Pro irons. Still a work in progress but think it will come out nice. The metal parts take the paint well but the RZN portion does not seem to hold it. Might need some drying and reapplication a few times.

Edit: Pics added

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members Posts: 3,002 ✭✭
    Does anyone have a "heavier" headed Origin B2-01 they would consider selling?

I'm looking for one that has a headweight of at least 353g...possibly an original 33" model?

Thanks,

- Josh
  • alexdubalexdub Face sends it, path bends it UtahMembers Posts: 1,074 ✭✭
    NYCGolfNut wrote:

PaulCar65 wrote:

I missed this. Would've loved an image

On a lark, I decided to refinish my Origin to Black myself. Basically used the same paint I used to MM Proto my Vapor Pro irons. Still a work in progress but think it will come out nice. The metal parts take the paint well but the RZN portion does not seem to hold it. Might need some drying and reapplication a few times.

Here's a trick to getting the RZN material painted black:

Buy some Rustoleum "High Performace Enamel" spray paint. You can get it in gloss or flat black at Home Depot for like $5 (I love the flat black). Use blue painters tape to tape off the RZN areas. Then use an Exacto to very carefully and slowly cut out the RZN areas. Tape off the entire head so no spray paint sneaks through and spray the RZN areas. Go very quick and light so the paint doesn't pool up. 1 coat will do the trick, but 2 coats looks better and makes it more durable.

I've had success using this method with all sorts of clubs. The paint sticks to anything, is super durable, and dries very evenly. Good luck!
    Clubs: Ping G400 Max • Ping G400 5w • Ping i25 4-U • Ping Tour W 54* 60* • Ping WRX Scottsdale BeNi
    Shafts: Fujikura ATMOS Black 6X • Project X Blue 8B4 • Nippon Modus 120X
    Balls: Titleist Pro V1 • Srixon Z Star XV • Callaway Chrome Soft
    edited Apr 17, 2018 #225
    Has anyone tried to disassemble the putter? Remove the 4 bottom tungsten weight screws and it should pop apart right?? Then the back flange is able to be finished, the rzn is loose, then it's just a matter if anyone can finish the rest of the putter head (save the face due to the rzn grooves). Essentially should be able to refinish the whole putter except the blue rzn material and the face grooves.

Edit: looks like the weight plugs don't keep the pieces together. Hmm..
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

Like this
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members Posts: 3,002 ✭✭
    It can't be disassembled...there is a set screw or metal plug that has been ground down in the center of the sole near the face of the putter that holds it all together. Trying to take it all apart would ruin the putter.

- Josh
    edited Apr 17, 2018 #228

Has anyone tried to disassemble the putter? Remove the 4 bottom tungsten weight screws and it should pop apart right?? Then the back flange is able to be finished, the rzn is loose, then it's just a matter if anyone can finish the rest of the putter head (save the face due to the rzn grooves). Essentially should be able to refinish the whole putter except the blue rzn material and the face grooves.

Edit: looks like the weight plugs don't keep the pieces together. Hmm..

Yeah, I have removed the weight plugs in mine (all 1g plastic btw) and they don't hold anything in place.
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
  • QuickFeetQuickFeet Members Posts: 1,606 ✭✭

It can't be disassembled...there is a set screw or metal plug that has been ground down in the center of the sole near the face of the putter that holds it all together. Trying to take it all apart would ruin the putter.

- Josh

This is correct; it would be very difficult to remove the pin. The pin is threaded and probably could be removed with the right tools/equipment/knowledge. Probably cost you more to remove the pin than the putter is worth.
    TaylorMade M2 10.5o / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
    Nike Vr Pro :td. 5W / UST VTS 7R Silver
    Callaway Apex 3/20o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
    Callaway Apex 4/23o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
    Nike Covert Forged 4-PW / UST Recoil 95 F3
    Nike Engage 58 Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Maltby 54 M Series + Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Vr Forged 50 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Nike Origin B2-01
    Nike RZN Tour Black
    edited May 9, 2018 #230
    Just ordered a matte black FST putter shaft and a black/blue winn pro x 1.32 grip. Going to pull the counterflex shaft on my heavier b1-01 coutnerflex and see what this will do compared to my stock b1-01 origin. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• daralikedaralike Members Posts: 244 ✭✭
    Old thread but I'll give it a shot. Just bought a 38" Counterflex B1-01 for the heavier head. Can I cut down to 34" and not affect balance or would it be best to reshaft.
    daralike wrote:

Old thread but I'll give it a shot. Just bought a 38" Counterflex B1-01 for the heavier head. Can I cut down to 34" and not affect balance or would it be best to reshaft.

I reshafted. The counterflex shaft is thicker and finding a grip to fit may be impossible.
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• daralikedaralike Members Posts: 244 ✭✭

daralike wrote:

I reshafted. The counterflex shaft is thicker and finding a grip to fit may be impossible.

Did you reshaft with .370??
    daralike wrote:

daralike wrote:

Did you reshaft with .370??

Yep!
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• andmcgandmcg Members Posts: 1
    Hopefully some of you are still checking this thread... I've recently purchased a used B2 01 Origin & want to change to some heaver weights in the heel. Is that possible? I've heard & read mixed reviews about this, those of you who have removed the weights, did you have issues afterwards & did you just put the same weights back in?

I have been slightly leaving the face open at contact so am trying to figure out how to combat that... would making the heel a bit heavier be better than removing the toe weights & just leaving the holes open? My understand is the weights are only 1g each so I'm not sure 2g will make enough difference.
  • QuickFeetQuickFeet Members Posts: 1,606 ✭✭
    andmcg wrote:

Hopefully some of you are still checking this thread... I've recently purchased a used B2 01 Origin & want to change to some heaver weights in the heel. Is that possible? I've heard & read mixed reviews about this, those of you who have removed the weights, did you have issues afterwards & did you just put the same weights back in?

I have been slightly leaving the face open at contact so am trying to figure out how to combat that... would making the heel a bit heavier be better than removing the toe weights & just leaving the holes open? My understand is the weights are only 1g each so I'm not sure 2g will make enough difference.

Nike Golf did have some 7 grams weights for the Origins's, good luck in finding some.

If you think it's the "right" putter for your game, you may try to add some lead tape to the sole, as close to the heel as you can get it, to see if that has any influence on helping square the face. I'd maybe start with 8 to 10 grams and see what the results are.
    TaylorMade M2 10.5o / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
    Nike Vr Pro :td. 5W / UST VTS 7R Silver
    Callaway Apex 3/20o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
    Callaway Apex 4/23o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
    Nike Covert Forged 4-PW / UST Recoil 95 F3
    Nike Engage 58 Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Maltby 54 M Series + Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Vr Forged 50 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Nike Origin B2-01
    Nike RZN Tour Black
  • SanzabarSanzabar Members Posts: 1,259 ✭✭
    Anyone know the standard lie angle on the b1-01?
    Ping G400 Max w/Evolution II 569
    Callaway V-Series Heavenwood
    Nike Vapor Speed 23*
    TaylorMade P790
    Nike Engage 56/60* & Callaway PM Grind 64*
    Nike Method Origin B1-01 Custom

#Colts #ForTheShoe #COLTure
  • 8overpar8overpar Members Posts: 193 ✭✭
    Sanzabar wrote:

There is a spec sheet somewhere in theses 8 pages. I saved it but can't get it uploaded. Listed as 70*
    Titleist 915D3 9.5° - Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
    Titleist 915F 15° - Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
    Titleist 716CB - KBS Tour-S
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52/08 (F) - KBS Tour-S
    Scratch                   56/06 - KBS Tour-S
    Titleist Vokey SM6 60/04 (L) - TT Wedge flex
    CNC SS Xenon Element
    TaylorMade TP5X
    8overpar wrote:

Sanzabar wrote:

There is a spec sheet somewhere in theses 8 pages. I saved it but can't get it uploaded. Listed as 70*

Thank you!!
    Nike Vapor Speed 23*
    TaylorMade P790

Just picked up a naked B1-01 and I’m going to send it in to have a sight dot and black shafted added. Pretty freaking stoked.

Then it’ll be a B1-01 vs Method 001 battle for the bag spot.
    Nike Vapor Speed 23*
    TaylorMade P790

• jclinegolfjclinegolf ClubWRX Posts: 329 ClubWRX
    Recently bought a B2-01. (This is my 3rd time to purchase this model.)

Has anyone had any luck installing a Stability shaft into an Origin?
    Ping G400 LST 8.5* | Ping Tour 65X
    Cobra F6 13.5* | Accra FX 2.0 300F M5
    Nike Vapor Speed 19* | Kuro Kage 70X
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-AW) | DG X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 Tour Raw 55F | DG TI S400
    Cleveland RTG 2.0 Raw 60W | DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Style GSS Newport 2
    Srixon Z-Star XV/TaylorMade TP5x