Ball Test - Golf magazine

12346»

Comments

• neverhadaholeinoneneverhadaholeinone Members Posts: 385 ✭✭
    edited May 9, 2008 #152
    I had the mag with the golf ball test and tossed by mistake. Can someone please post the spin rates for the 90ss balls.

Thanks.

Found the mag, wasn't tossed. Looking at the numbers, spin and distance for 90 ss, will give the wilson tx4 a shot.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Not changing my username but
    had a hole in 1!
  • igneousigneous Members Posts: 24
    After looking at the numbers it seems like the top flite Gamer at $20 a dozen is the best ball for the money. I cant wait to give it a try
  • RAGING BULLRAGING BULL Members Posts: 222 ✭✭
    I have used the ProV1x for two years and I love this golf ball. A few weeks ago, a friend of mine asked me to try a sleeve of the Top Flight gamers. I was very suprised at the performance. Compared to the Pro V1x the gamer is a little longer, softer feeling and much cheaper. image/clapping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> The gamer does spin a little less than the ProV1x which I really like. For $20 a dozen it never hurts to give them a try. Cheers.
    Rouge Subzero - Oban Devotion 6x
    Nike 2.0 Tour 15* 3 wood -Matrix HD8
    Cleveland Launcher 5 wood - Whiteboard 73
    Adams Pro Gold 4-Wedge S300
    Cobra AMP Forged 49*
    Hogan 54* & 60*
    Odyssey Tri Hot #3
  • hacker17hacker17 Dan the Man Members Posts: 774
    SoftFade_Ga wrote on Jan 7 2008, 01:23 PM:
    The ball that surprised me overall was the Bridgestone e5+. I currently play the last of my original B330-S and am willing to go the e5+ as a cheaper option.

I am looking at balls that still perform around the green. Here is my starter list for non premiums balls.

* Titleist NXT Tour 29.99

* Bridgestone e5+ $25

TaylorMade Burner TP $25

* Wilson Zip $20

* Callaway HX Hot Bite

Top-Flite Gamer

I played the NXT Tour for a long time but, I switched to the TaylorMade Burner TP recently and will never go back. The TaylorMade feels so much better to me. Especially off my putter the feel of this ball combined with insert of the White hot XG just feels perfect to me.
  • cristphotocristphoto Members Posts: 3,311 ✭✭
    Harry Pudenda wrote on Jan 6 2008, 06:55 PM:
    How meaningful is the information, really? A machine with consistent swing speed and consistent angle of attack produces XYZ spin and launch numbers at 90 mph? The problem with those numbers is that I can take 5 different guys, all with 90 mph swing speeds but because of their angle of attack they put completely different spin rates and launch angles on the ball such that there could be as much as a 50 yard difference in the actual carry. So, what may look great (or bad) on that chart may be worthless for you. The NOP may be decent for one guy, but horrific for another, even though they have the same swing speed because their launch characteristics are so different.

I agree. The fallacy of the Golf magazine test was they used the same 10.5 regular flex driver for the high speed tests as well. A good attempt to provide data but it could have been better. Maybe next year.
  • gumpygumpy Members Posts: 170
    neverhadaholeinone wrote on May 9 2008, 10:22 AM:
    I had the mag with the golf ball test and tossed by mistake. Can someone please post the spin rates for the 90ss balls.

Thanks.

Found the mag, wasn't tossed. Looking at the numbers, spin and distance for 90 ss, will give the wilson tx4 a shot.

Hi could you please post the wedge spin rates for the Gamer, NXT Tour, TM TP Red and Black and the pro v1's.

It would be much appreciated.