uPRO....Anyone seen this latest entry in the GPS wars?

1789101113»

Comments

• finalistfinalist MASHED POTATO! Members  5411WRX Points: 167Posts: 5,411 Bunkers
    I noticed there is a red box and a black box that the uPro comes in. I've only seen the black packaging box in stores, but I've read about and found the red box on the internet.<br />
    <br />
    Is the red box newer/upgraded?
    Posted:
    Many Byron Putters
    Scratch Don Whites
    Scratch Jeff McCoys
    WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Bombn Bombn ClubWRX  594WRX Points: 55Posts: 594 Golden Tee
    Red box is the new Callaway ones. Black = pre-Callaway
    Posted:
  • dwbostondwboston Lefty Boomers  2501WRX Points: 287Handicap: 6.5Posts: 2,501 Titanium Tees
    I got a red box uPro around Christmas. No Callaway branding since it was before the merger but it is the "newer" model.
    Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2 12*, GD AD BB 6S | Titleist 915F 16.5*, GD AD DI 7S | Titleist 915 H 21*, GD AD HY 95S
    Bridgestone J15 CB, 4-PW, Recoil 110 F4 | Miura 52.06 | Miura 56.10 | Miura 60.09
    Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Crescent Neck LH, 34"
  • crbcrb Members  1WRX Points: 0Posts: 1
    I picked up an Upro at Golf Galaxy couple weeks ago and was having trouble with the thing. It would lock up some, take a while giving me numbers, and acting all goofy. I went to return it as it was getting close to my 30 days and the manager said that there ENTIRE stock was defective. Mumbled something about registration or something. It concerned me enough to look toward a Skycaddie or a Guru - a newly purchased company giving a $100 rebate? Who knows how long some of their stock has been sitting around.
    Posted:
  • golf_fanatikgolf_fanatik Members  1104WRX Points: 69Posts: 1,104 Platinum Tees
    nah.. the upro is backed by Callaway, one of the best customer oriented golf companies.. Many here, including me, have had great experiences with costumer services.. probably the GG manager didn't really know what he was talking about. <br />
    <br />
    I went from a SG5 to the Upro.. I have used skycaddies, golf guru and golf buddy.. the Upro is the best of the bunch.
    Posted:
  • rskolinrskolin Members  6WRX Points: 0Posts: 6
    crb wrote on Jul 16 2009, 05&#58;09 PM:
    Who knows how long some of their stock has been sitting around.
    <br />
    <br />
    I don't think that's an issue. Pretty much everyone that sells the uPro shows them out-of-stock and on back order. Callaway's website says they won't be available for 3-4 weeks. There's lots of speculation on why the $100 rebate; clear out inventory for new model coming, software upgrade, etc.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.