Comments

• scoteescotee Members Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@howellhandmade said:

@Conrad1953 said:

@howellhandmade said:

@billh17 said:

@howellhandmade said:

@billh17 said:
    @ Fella: I would love to have paid someone to do that ditch work,but around here, they want your house and first born child to get anything done ! Besides, I am like one of the grumpy old men,in that i wanted it done correctly so i decided to do it myself.

My dad used to say, “Why pay for incompetence when you can do it yourself and have it for free?”

thanks for your critique

I like the line, which is tongue in cheek. My dad did everything himself. Painted the house inside and out, put on a cedar shake roof, dug an exterior french drain and installed the sump system, remodeled the kitchen and bathroom. He was far from incompetent, but that’s what he always said when someone asked why he didn’t hire someone.

I took your post as humor FWIW. :)

BTW, how was Rochelle Ranch?

Much better with insect repellant, which I didn’t have last year. A longer walk than I remembered from last year, but they let me out at 6:30am and I didn’t see another golfer on the course until I made the turn. Great weather.

Very cool HHM. Nice Pronghorn right there.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

@Fellaheen51 said:
    Took the fam on a short 5 day trip to Port Austin, MI. At the tip of the "thumb" here in Michigan, on the shore of Lake Huron. Bit on the cool side (low 70's) and swimming in the lake is bracing do to the cool water temps. But everyone is enjoying themselves. Lodging is right on the beach, and a nice pool for everyone to get wet. Two block walk into town for shopping and the donut shop. This morning, sitting outside with my cup of coffee, taking in the sunrise. And later in the morning walking the breakwall.

Thanks for sharing Fella. We loved visiting up there a few years ago.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

edited Sep 4, 2019 9:21pm #26044

@scomac2002 said:
    Well, It is done...

I received a text from my lawyer around 5 pm that the funds had been wired and we have closed on our farm property.

Strangely enough this all occured during a wedding ceremony. My cousin and his spouse of 42 years renewed their vows. A strange thing to do or so I thought that was described as a reason to hold a party. Turned out to be one of the most emotional experiences I have ever had in my life when two people rededicated themselves to each other, only to be excentuated by the grown children's description of their parents lives togther and the impact that had on their collective lives. The house was blubbering like idiots! all of this occuring in a small lake port town of Port Colbourne as the lake frieghters rolled by on a hot and steamy August afternoon. It was a real life vigniette of what Smart People should have been about.

Good for you Sco! Time for a toast. We closed and got our money too! Glad to be out of the rental business. Enjoy your Alaska cruise. On our bucket list.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

• scomac2002scomac2002 Inside the Starters' Hut Members Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@scotee said:

@scomac2002 said:
    Well, It is done...

I received a text from my lawyer around 5 pm that the funds had been wired and we have closed on our farm property.

Strangely enough this all occured during a wedding ceremony. My cousin and his spouse of 42 years renewed their vows. A strange thing to do or so I thought that was described as a reason to hold a party. Turned out to be one of the most emotional experiences I have ever had in my life when two people rededicated themselves to each other, only to be excentuated by the grown children's description of their parents lives togther and the impact that had on their collective lives. The house was blubbering like idiots! all of this occuring in a small lake port town of Port Colbourne as the lake frieghters rolled by on a hot and steamy August afternoon. It was a real life vigniette of what Smart People should have been about.

Good for you Sco! Time for a toast. We closed and got our money too! Glad to be out of the rental business. Enjoy your Alaska cruise. On our bucket list.

That's great news to hear, scotee! WE can both raise a glass with our better halves.

It feels a bit surreal since the day passed as i've been looking for things to fill my day, all the while needing to hang about home as we're having a bathroom renovation done, amongst other things, to correct a few deficencies with the property.

I went up to the course this afternoon to work a tournament as a last minute replacement. I can't recall being at the course in the late afternoon when something wasn't going on and I have to say that maybe the best time of day to be there. It was so tranquil. If I was closer, I would consider playing after 4 pm as standard practice rather than fighting with the masses for a morning tee time.

Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

Titleist 913 D2 12°
    Cobra Baffler Rail F 15.5°/20°
    TM '09 Rescue 25° 
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    TM Z Spin 56° SW
    Never Compromise NCX RAY tau
  • Conrad1953Conrad1953 Members Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@scomac2002 said:

@scotee said:

@scomac2002 said:
    Well, It is done...

That's great news to hear, scotee! WE can both raise a glass with our better halves.

It feels a bit surreal since the day passed as i've been looking for things to fill my day, all the while needing to hang about home as we're having a bathroom renovation done, amongst other things, to correct a few deficencies with the property.

I went up to the course this afternoon to work a tournament as a last minute replacement. I can't recall being at the course in the late afternoon when something wasn't going on and I have to say that maybe the best time of day to be there. It was so tranquil. If I was closer, I would consider playing after 4 pm as standard practice rather than fighting with the masses for a morning tee time.

@scomac2002 said:

@scotee said:

@scomac2002 said:
    Well, It is done...

I really like late afternoon golf as well Sco. It's a great time to
    be out on the course and usually, as you said, less crowded.

• tolmijtolmij Living in paradise Members Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@scotee said:

Yes, I got a little carried away. I won't post the waterfall pics. :)

Awesome picture scotee, Canada was on our post retirement journey until I had my work accident, then all our cash went on paying bills after the treatment and my superannuation had to be used to pay off the house. Still peeved at missing out and it does not make it any better when you show those pics. Hope you had a fantastic time.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).
  • Fellaheen51Fellaheen51 Go Green MichiganMembers Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@scotee said:
    So we spent a little over a week with friends doing this trip. @scomac2002 I have to say you have some amazing country up there! Impossible to take a bad photo. Sad part, we drove by at least a dozen nice looking golf courses with no play. Our friends don't play. Glad to be home but these scenes will linger for a long time.

Fantastic pics Scotee. And a marvelous trip. Part of North America that I always wanted to visit, the Canadian Rockies. One of these days. Hope you had some traveling music along:

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file