Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Clubhouse Grille

1865866867868870

Comments

  • tolmijtolmij Living in paradise Members Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @scomac2002 said:
    This talk of breakfast burritos has my mouth watering. Don't think that I have the ingredients either. Funny, but I was looking at a bag of avocados yesterday at the Superstore, but left them behind as we're trying to get used to keeping less food in inventory due to limited storage versus where we came from.

    The renovation is in the home stretch now as the painters finished yesterday. I finally got around to begin to hang some artwork on the walls after more than a month of just sitting there and thinking about it. Slowly, but surely we are settling in and the place is feeling more like home. It's funny, but I had actually forgotten about a couple of pieces that now have a far more prominent place than before, while others suited the old place much better and will likely not get hung here at all. DW likes clean walls whereas I could be quite happy living in an art gallery, so it's always a bit of a compromise with us as to what and where.

    With tournament season now in full swing, I have been asked to help out with barbequing for food tournaments. It's not a bad gig and this one pays versus the strictly volunteer nature of starting and marshalling. I'm going to ask if I can leave a set of clubs up ther for the remainder of the season so that if the moode strikes I can play a quick nine after a shift. There may not be a lot left to the season, but I'm going to try and play more often once back from the west. Ther should be about 6 good weeks left at that point.

    We both love art work on the walls, sometimes we go to extremes and cannot see any wall, unfortunately we do not have enough wall in the house so we are now starting to hang them in the garage, it is a large double so we have plenty of room. When you have painted them yourself it’s difficult to pick a favourite so we try to rotate them, the garage option will help.

    Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

    Living the dream.

    OGA Member no #8

    Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride


    A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).
  • tolmijtolmij Living in paradise Members Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 8, 2019 7:19am #26074

    Has anyone purchased furniture in a flat pack. We have done several over the years but this week we replaced some bedroom furniture, IKEA did not have the bedside cabinets in the size we wanted so we purchased those from another large retailer.

    Other retailer, two cabinets, screws had no bite so were difficult to put in, required plenty of pressure as they only marked the hole positions and did not pre drill them. Where several screws were required in one item the holes did not all line up correctly, the two packs were different quality, so all in all even though they looked good when finished, building them was frustrating.

    Purchased a large chest of drawers from Ikea, quality of hole positions perfect, holes were drilled for all screws and were the perfect size for the screws to bite in nicely making it much less effort and it took less time assembling a large item than it did the small item from the other store. In these days of trying to save the planet, Ikea have done a good job with their packaging. The other store had the boxes full of polystyrene which is difficult to break down. Ikea has specially made corregated cardboard which is 100 % recyclable.

    Thought I would share as Ikea had plenty of bad publicity when they came to Australia and many businesses tried to stop them, but for me they are doing things better and making it easy to be a greenie, not as that is my thing. Have any Grillers used them, it is DWs number one store for any household item, so well presented, good prices and plenty of items to choose from.

    Ad for Ikea finished, be safe Grillers, DW happy everything assembled and being used.

    Post edited by tolmij on
    Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

    Living the dream.

    OGA Member no #8

    Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride


    A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).
  • tolmijtolmij Living in paradise Members Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Golf on back burner again, shoulder is extremely painful still, doctor insists light exercises will fix it, working on it but not hopeful until son is back in action.

    Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

    Living the dream.

    OGA Member no #8

    Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride


    A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).
  • BicknellCCBicknellCC Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @tolmij said:
    Has anyone purchased furniture in a flat pack. We have done several over the years but this week we replaced some bedroom furniture, IKEA did not have the bedside cabinets in the size we wanted so we purchased those from another large retailer.

    Other retailer, two cabinets, screws had no bite so were difficult to put in, required plenty of pressure as they only marked the hole positions and did not pre drill them. Where several screws were required in one item the holes did not all line up correctly, the two packs were different quality, so all in all even though they looked good when finished, building them was frustrating.

    Purchased a large chest of drawers from Ikea, quality of hole positions perfect, holes were drilled for all screws and were the perfect size for the screws to bite in nicely making it much less effort and it took less time assembling a large item than it did the small item from the other store. I these days of trying to save the planet, Ikea have done a good job with their packaging. The other store had the boxes full of polystyrene which is difficult to break down. Ikea has specially made corregated cardboard which is 100 % recyclable.

    Thought I would share as Ikea had plenty of bad publicity when they came to Australia and many businesses tried to stop them, but for me they are doing things better and making it easy to be a greenie, not as that is my thing. Have any Grillers used them, it is DWs number one store for any household item, so well presented, good prices and plenty of it ems to choose from.

    Ad for Ikea finished, be safe Grillers, DW happy everything assembled and being used.

    My Daughters bedroom is on the small side, and my wife picked up a loft bed for it from Ikea. Pretty cool as her chest of drawers and a chair sit nicely underneath it. We assembled it in less than an hour, and I'm not what you would consider handy.

  • scomac2002scomac2002 Inside the Starters' Hut Members Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    WE have purchased a lot of housewares from Ikea over the years. Glasses have been a favourite as they're damned near indestructible on anything less than tile, concrete or granite. I bought a couple of pillows there and I liked those better than the high end pillows I got at the specialty mattress store. My DIL's father just finished installing an Ikea kitchen and i'm very impressed with the quality of the product he used. Lastly, I still maintain that the Poang chair is the best buy around and most comfortable chair ever designed.

    Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!
    _____________________________________

    Titleist 913 D2 12°
    Cobra Baffler Rail F 15.5°/20°
    TM '09 Rescue 25° 
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    TM Z Spin 56° SW
    Never Compromise NCX RAY tau
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @tolmij said:
    Came across this today, sent to me by DW.

    Kinda like a sign at a friend on mine's auto shop------ "If We Can't Fix It Junk It"------ I had one in my race car shop that was the epitome for the way we did stuff at the race shop----- " We make Chicken Salad out of Chicken Schmidt"----- I handmade and built stuff from junk when I raced. Built my own shocks and struts and adjusters for example

    Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Irons 3 thru PW KZG Teardrop ( 2009) Forged CB 5.5 Rifle Flighted
    SW Mizuno T-10 forged S-400
    LW Ping Zing 60* Stock
    Putter (for now) TM Rosa Daytona AGSI insert

  • WrigglesWriggles Members Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @tolmij said:
    Has anyone purchased furniture in a flat pack. We have done several over the years but this week we replaced some bedroom furniture, IKEA did not have the bedside cabinets in the size we wanted so we purchased those from another large retailer.

    Other retailer, two cabinets, screws had no bite so were difficult to put in, required plenty of pressure as they only marked the hole positions and did not pre drill them. Where several screws were required in one item the holes did not all line up correctly, the two packs were different quality, so all in all even though they looked good when finished, building them was frustrating.

    Purchased a large chest of drawers from Ikea, quality of hole positions perfect, holes were drilled for all screws and were the perfect size for the screws to bite in nicely making it much less effort and it took less time assembling a large item than it did the small item from the other store. In these days of trying to save the planet, Ikea have done a good job with their packaging. The other store had the boxes full of polystyrene which is difficult to break down. Ikea has specially made corregated cardboard which is 100 % recyclable.

    Thought I would share as Ikea had plenty of bad publicity when they came to Australia and many businesses tried to stop them, but for me they are doing things better and making it easy to be a greenie, not as that is my thing. Have any Grillers used them, it is DWs number one store for any household item, so well presented, good prices and plenty of items to choose from.

    Ad for Ikea finished, be safe Grillers, DW happy everything assembled and being used.

    Haven't been to Ikea since they opened a store 20 miles away, back in the 1990's. The only prefab item we ever bought was a computer desk setup from Kmart. In a flat box, everything was wood grain particle board. On sale at $60, a pretty good price. Assembly was easy, don't recall any problems. I recall the package was VERY heavy, had to unbox the desk to fit into the back seat of the car.
    When you live in a house filled with family antiques, (junk) furniture purchases are rare. We gave the computer desk away a few years ago.
    My grandfather made my mother, when she was a child, a faux roll top type desk, without the rolltop. Small, but big enough for an adult to sit at it. It was made with leftover wood and was painted brown. I used it throughout my boyhood as a play desk. The desk sat in Mom's cellar, covered, for at least 30 years, until the house was sold in 2005. I didn't have the heart to throw it away, so it sat in my cellar, until about five years ago.
    I was going to give it away on junk day, but I decided to clean the cobwebs off. Had a few cans of black spray paint, so decided, after a good cleaning, to spray paint (outside) the desk black. The desk looked pretty good in black, left it air out on the porch for several days, and now I use it as a laptop computer desk since.
    I'm a sentimental old fool, but I really found satisfaction in using that old homemade desk.
    Cheers!

  • tolmijtolmij Living in paradise Members Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Wriggles said:

    @tolmij said:
    Has anyone purchased furniture in a flat pack. We have done several over the years but this week we replaced some bedroom furniture, IKEA did not have the bedside cabinets in the size we wanted so we purchased those from another large retailer.

    Other retailer, two cabinets, screws had no bite so were difficult to put in, required plenty of pressure as they only marked the hole positions and did not pre drill them. Where several screws were required in one item the holes did not all line up correctly, the two packs were different quality, so all in all even though they looked good when finished, building them was frustrating.

    Purchased a large chest of drawers from Ikea, quality of hole positions perfect, holes were drilled for all screws and were the perfect size for the screws to bite in nicely making it much less effort and it took less time assembling a large item than it did the small item from the other store. In these days of trying to save the planet, Ikea have done a good job with their packaging. The other store had the boxes full of polystyrene which is difficult to break down. Ikea has specially made corregated cardboard which is 100 % recyclable.

    Thought I would share as Ikea had plenty of bad publicity when they came to Australia and many businesses tried to stop them, but for me they are doing things better and making it easy to be a greenie, not as that is my thing. Have any Grillers used them, it is DWs number one store for any household item, so well presented, good prices and plenty of items to choose from.

    Ad for Ikea finished, be safe Grillers, DW happy everything assembled and being used.

    Haven't been to Ikea since they opened a store 20 miles away, back in the 1990's. The only prefab item we ever bought was a computer desk setup from Kmart. In a flat box, everything was wood grain particle board. On sale at $60, a pretty good price. Assembly was easy, don't recall any problems. I recall the package was VERY heavy, had to unbox the desk to fit into the back seat of the car.
    When you live in a house filled with family antiques, (junk) furniture purchases are rare. We gave the computer desk away a few years ago.
    My grandfather made my mother, when she was a child, a faux roll top type desk, without the rolltop. Small, but big enough for an adult to sit at it. It was made with leftover wood and was painted brown. I used it throughout my boyhood as a play desk. The desk sat in Mom's cellar, covered, for at least 30 years, until the house was sold in 2005. I didn't have the heart to throw it away, so it sat in my cellar, until about five years ago.
    I was going to give it away on junk day, but I decided to clean the cobwebs off. Had a few cans of black spray paint, so decided, after a good cleaning, to spray paint (outside) the desk black. The desk looked pretty good in black, left it air out on the porch for several days, and now I use it as a laptop computer desk since.
    I'm a sentimental old fool, but I really found satisfaction in using that old homemade desk.
    Cheers!

    The chest of drawers we removed and replaced with the Ikea furniture was the very first proper piece we purchased, made of good grade timber, can’t remember what type, but it was heavy and stained a dark brown. The new furniture is white, a little smaller but much more storage space and makes our bedroom brighter. We do like proper made stuff but sometimes a compromise is required

    Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

    Living the dream.

    OGA Member no #8

    Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride


    A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).
  • tolmijtolmij Living in paradise Members Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @scomac2002 said:
    WE have purchased a lot of housewares from Ikea over the years. Glasses have been a favourite as they're damned near indestructible on anything less than tile, concrete or granite. I bought a couple of pillows there and I liked those better than the high end pillows I got at the specialty mattress store. My DIL's father just finished installing an Ikea kitchen and i'm very impressed with the quality of the product he used. Lastly, I still maintain that the Poang chair is the best buy around and most comfortable chair ever designed.

    The wine glasses we purchased from there are almost indestructible but at the same time the most comfortable and easy to hold that we have ever owned, who ever does their design work is a genius.

    Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

    Living the dream.

    OGA Member no #8

    Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride


    A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 8, 2019 5:29pm #26083

    Fun scores from yesterday.

    S. Carolina 72 Charleston Southern 10

    Maryland 63 #21 Syracuse 20

    4 Oklahoma 70 So. Dakota 14

    16 Oregon 77 Nevada 6

    Div II/III
    Wesley College 69 Franklin Pierce 0

    U. St. Thomas 69 Trinity International 3

    Suny Cortland 63 Fitchburg So. 0

    Portland St. 70 Simon Fraser 7

    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Have no idea why two scores are huge. Did not do that and tried couple times to edit.

    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • tolmijtolmij Living in paradise Members Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Qqq123xx said:
    Have no idea why two scores are huge. Did not do that and tried couple times to edit.

    Sometimes this has a life all of its own and refuses to do what you ask. Quite often I have posted something completely different to my original intention because mistakes would not go away and the only way was to put in something different, it does not like being told do not post that. Some parts of this update do not work as well as the old system.

    Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

    Living the dream.

    OGA Member no #8

    Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride


    A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).
  • scomac2002scomac2002 Inside the Starters' Hut Members Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Wildly inconsistent is the best way to describe my play as of late and it will be within the same 9 holes not from one game to the next. Two weeks ago I shot the same for three holes as I did for the other six. Today wasn't much different as I got off the tee with a booming drive on one, stuck it to 8 feet with my second and then proceeded to two putt for par. Then the wheels fell off for the next three holes with two lost balls and some sketchy putting. I began to right the ship on five and then parred the next three holes only to then miss the ninth by an inch leaving a downhiller short. That performance left me a stroke shy on the Nassau once again, but I did take home the closest to the pin for the third time -- quarters rather than dollars; a first world problem as they say...

    A quick change of clothes later and then I'm back on the job running the barbeque as there was a food tournament this afternoon. The cash gigs are always nice on the side which lead to a discussion with one of my playing buds about his daughter being paid in cash while working on a cruise ship. Now that would be sweet!

    Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!
    _____________________________________

    Titleist 913 D2 12°
    Cobra Baffler Rail F 15.5°/20°
    TM '09 Rescue 25° 
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    TM Z Spin 56° SW
    Never Compromise NCX RAY tau
  • Conrad1953Conrad1953 Members Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Qqq123xx said:
    Fun scores from yesterday.

    S. Carolina 72 Charleston Southern 10

    Maryland 63 #21 Syracuse 20

    4 Oklahoma 70 So. Dakota 14

    16 Oregon 77 Nevada 6

    Div II/III
    Wesley College 69 Franklin Pierce 0

    U. St. Thomas 69 Trinity International 3

    Suny Cortland 63 Fitchburg So. 0

    Portland St. 70 Simon Fraser 7

    Maryland just put the heat on Clemson; who is playing Syracuse
    this coming Saturday. Syracuse is a good team who had an off
    week.........and I got a feeling Clemson won't beat them by 43
    and because of the beatdown the Terps gave Syracuse, Clemson
    will be expected to do the same+.

    Maybe Alabama will be #1 afer this next week's games.

  • tolmijtolmij Living in paradise Members Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 10, 2019 10:00am #26088

    Problems locally today, Bush fires, some of them started deliberately by kids. So far the closest to us is around 10 miles but with the present dry conditions and high winds it does not take long for them to spread. Already around 50 miles away many homes and businesses have been lost, due to the warning system everyone is safe. The whole district is covered in a smoke haze, not too bad yet but we are keeping a close watch on a web site updated every 5 minutes on all the fires within 200 miles and there are dozens of them. Our whole district is state Forrest, the local fire brigade usually do a clearance burn once a year early in the season but this year everything has been extra early and caught all the authorities not ready for the early fire season.

    I hope all you Grillers are safe from the storm, it seems at present the whole world is going mad, nature is fighting back.

    Post edited by tolmij on
    Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

    Living the dream.

    OGA Member no #8

    Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride


    A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).
  • scomac2002scomac2002 Inside the Starters' Hut Members Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    And so it begins...

    With the bathroom reno now in the finishing stages my attention has turned to taming this overgrown landscape in earnest. I did a bunch of pruning and weeding early on along with deadheading the multitude of perenials, but had sat and pondered about what to do with the various trees and shrubs that have grown beyond all useful proportion.

    Saturday saw the demise for all intents and purposes of a mutant Wisteria that had overtaken our patio area. Underneath was revealed all manner of hosta, lily-of-the-valley, fern and hydrangea. So much so that by next year I doubt we'll even have to worry about the substanial stump left behind other than to use is as a pedestal for a planter full of annuals.

    Yesterday my BIL and I went to work on the other 20 plus trees/shrubs marked for removal of which we felled 5 and dug the roots of a couple that were manageable. We also went to trim town with the hollies and a Mugo Pine that was encroaching on the driveway. It's surprising how much of the house we opened up from the street view with what we've done so far.

    WE have identified a large number of perenials that are ripe for moving/dividing and we will be doing a far bit of that this fall to fill in the open spaces that we have/will have created. I even hope to transplant 3 boxwoods for fill-ins. The idea is that we can minimize the amount of new plant material that will be required if a landscaper was let loose on the project which is DW's prefered option, but she has essentially given me free reign to do whatever I want at this point. My suggestion is to DIY a lot of it and then hire out the construction portion of the project where a new hard surfaced sitting area will go with pergola to coverup the remenants of a swimming pool.

    So far, I have lots of willing helpers and will conscript their services as needed. For the most part BIL and myself will be on point with SIL acting as pruning specialist and design consultant. We work well together and leaving DW out of it tends to work best for some reason. WE did a full house togther when we flipped my MIL's house following her passing and that went very well, so I see no reason for this being any less successful especially when the team likes this kind of work. I'm hoping that we'll get by on a day or two a week and have most of what I want to do in the near term tidied up by the end of October.

    Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!
    _____________________________________

    Titleist 913 D2 12°
    Cobra Baffler Rail F 15.5°/20°
    TM '09 Rescue 25° 
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    TM Z Spin 56° SW
    Never Compromise NCX RAY tau
  • tolmijtolmij Living in paradise Members Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @scomac2002 said:
    And so it begins...

    With the bathroom reno now in the finishing stages my attention has turned to taming this overgrown landscape in earnest. I did a bunch of pruning and weeding early on along with deadheading the multitude of perenials, but had sat and pondered about what to do with the various trees and shrubs that have grown beyond all useful proportion.

    Saturday saw the demise for all intents and purposes of a mutant Wisteria that had overtaken our patio area. Underneath was revealed all manner of hosta, lily-of-the-valley, fern and hydrangea. So much so that by next year I doubt we'll even have to worry about the substanial stump left behind other than to use is as a pedestal for a planter full of annuals.

    Yesterday my BIL and I went to work on the other 20 plus trees/shrubs marked for removal of which we felled 5 and dug the roots of a couple that were manageable. We also went to trim town with the hollies and a Mugo Pine that was encroaching on the driveway. It's surprising how much of the house we opened up from the street view with what we've done so far.

    WE have identified a large number of perenials that are ripe for moving/dividing and we will be doing a far bit of that this fall to fill in the open spaces that we have/will have created. I even hope to transplant 3 boxwoods for fill-ins. The idea is that we can minimize the amount of new plant material that will be required if a landscaper was let loose on the project which is DW's prefered option, but she has essentially given me free reign to do whatever I want at this point. My suggestion is to DIY a lot of it and then hire out the construction portion of the project where a new hard surfaced sitting area will go with pergola to coverup the remenants of a swimming pool.

    So far, I have lots of willing helpers and will conscript their services as needed. For the most part BIL and myself will be on point with SIL acting as pruning specialist and design consultant. We work well together and leaving DW out of it tends to work best for some reason. WE did a full house togther when we flipped my MIL's house following her passing and that went very well, so I see no reason for this being any less successful especially when the team likes this kind of work. I'm hoping that we'll get by on a day or two a week and have most of what I want to do in the near term tidied up by the end of October.

    Busy times ahead, very satisfying though when you do it yourself whichhas always been my preference.

    At present we cannot do anything that requires power tools in our garden and unfortunately everything we need to do requires one. When we have a full on fire ban which is in place at present no internal combustion engines of any type can be used, it is also illegal to smoke in a field of any description, hopefully it will change soon when we have rain.

    Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

    Living the dream.

    OGA Member no #8

    Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride


    A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).
  • tolmijtolmij Living in paradise Members Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Hankshank said:

    Dont know what you people in english speaking countries would make of this sign at my golf club

    There is no answer to that one.🤣🤪

    Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

    Living the dream.

    OGA Member no #8

    Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride


    A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).
  • tolmijtolmij Living in paradise Members Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 12, 2019 12:42pm #26093

    Must be holiday season in the Grille, not too many meals being served, small report, next week I am having a cortisone injection in my shoulder to try and fix it.

    Post edited by tolmij on
    Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

    Living the dream.

    OGA Member no #8

    Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride


    A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).
  • WrigglesWriggles Members Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Been really tired the last couple days. Walked nine yesterday and quit. Came home and just laid around the rest of the day. The last few days have pretty much seen the end of my monster drives. Getting well over 200, 220 or so, but no 250's and up. One drive, I really connected, paced off 240.
    Still, no complaints.
    Tol, good luck on your shoulder.

  • scomac2002scomac2002 Inside the Starters' Hut Members Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Actually, it's tournament season and I've been as busy as a three armed paperhanger! Another one today and it was in the rain. This group is a real pain in the **** to deal with and they're cheap to boot! Not a good combination...

    Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!
    _____________________________________

    Titleist 913 D2 12°
    Cobra Baffler Rail F 15.5°/20°
    TM '09 Rescue 25° 
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    TM Z Spin 56° SW
    Never Compromise NCX RAY tau
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @tolmij said:
    Had a few groups similar at my home club, they also never called through, claimed it slowed them up. We used to walk past them anyway and miss out a hole, made the day more enjoyable as it really got to them as they would deliberately speed up to catch us and complain about being held up. The result of them speeding up was a complete disintegration of their game which made us laugh harder.

    Yeah I have run into clowns like that all to many times. Sometimes we would let them thru and then the big slowdown happens.

    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • Conrad1953Conrad1953 Members Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 13, 2019 6:11pm #26098

    Hope y'all are enjoying the early signs of fall. It's still summer
    here........no relief yet from the heat!.........

  • tolmijtolmij Living in paradise Members Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 13, 2019 10:50pm #26099

    @Conrad1953 said:
    Hope y'all are enjoying the early signs of fall. It's still summer
    here........no relief yet from the heat!.........

    But, that heat with that humidity is never a problem. When we start having those temperatures humidity is always around 90/95%. Walk outside with a block of soap and shower in the moisture.

    We were up to 87 today second week of spring but the nights are still very cold, well cold for us around 40.

    Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

    Living the dream.

    OGA Member no #8

    Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride


    A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).
  • Conrad1953Conrad1953 Members Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @tolmij said:

    @Conrad1953 said:
    Hope y'all are enjoying the early signs of fall. It's still summer
    here........no relief yet from the heat!.........

    But, that heat with that humidity is never a problem. When we start having those temperatures humidity is always around 90/95%. Walk outside with a block of soap and shower in the moisture.

    We were up to 87 today second week of spring but the nights are still very cold, well cold for us around 40.

    I could not stand humidity in the 90-95% range coinciding with 90+
    degree temps. That is a steam bath, lol. I lived in humidity like that
    when I lived in south Florida.

    40% relative humidity at 90 degrees is more than enough for me
    and about what we usually average here in the summer. It's lower
    than that now because the ground is drier due to the lack of rain.

    And we're heading into fall, which is usually our "dry" season.
    Well, we average 54 inches per year of rain here. At some point
    we're gonna get dumped on to make up for this.

  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @tolmij said:
    Had a few groups similar at my home club, they also never called through, claimed it slowed them up. We used to walk past them anyway and miss out a hole, made the day more enjoyable as it really got to them as they would deliberately speed up to catch us and complain about being held up. The result of them speeding up was a complete disintegration of their game which made us laugh harder.

    We have been known to do that at my home course especially to some of the asinine tourist groups. Had one group complain to the ranger who told them "Those are full time resident members and they can do what they want to". I really love it when doing my walking rounds. Sometimes you will see them rushing on a "emergency 9" before having to rush momma and the kids to the seafood buffet and ride park. I have had them say we will get out of the way. Ok I tell them no problem I am a member here and play as much as I want to. Ticks them off. What is also funny on my walking rounds I only carry 8 clubs or less usually classic stuff. I have had some remark that I don't carry many clubs. They do not have a clue.

    Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Irons 3 thru PW KZG Teardrop ( 2009) Forged CB 5.5 Rifle Flighted
    SW Mizuno T-10 forged S-400
    LW Ping Zing 60* Stock
    Putter (for now) TM Rosa Daytona AGSI insert

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file