Nike Distance SFT

Gxgolfer ·  
GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-OwnerSF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27117WRX Points: 461Posts: 27,117 Marshals
Posted:
Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Comments

• peteman29peteman29 Members  389WRX Points: 0Posts: 389
    I usually play the "premium" golf balls (Pro V1, HX Tour) was running low on balls and found a Distance SFT in a bush.

Played 9 holes with it last night shot 3 under for 9. I couldn't believe how good this ball was!

Nice soft feel but also goes a mile off the tee.

Very impressed

EDIT:

Correction, the ball I found and loved so much was a Nike "Distance + SFT" I don't kow the official specs but I bought some of the regular Nike "Distance SFT" and they are very different.

The +SFT is longer and softer with more spin and nicer feel on the green. The regular SFT is a slightly harder ball, almost as long but not a lot of spin and hard feeling on the putter face.

If you can get some of the +SFT balls you'll like them. As for the "Distance SFT" if your a single figure handicapper (I'm a 7) you won't like them.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • willplaysgolfwillplaysgolf Members  81WRX Points: 63Handicap: 2.7Posts: 81 Fairways
    I really like these balls too. For me they play like the super soft, but with a little harder feel which I like. The last poster said there was a difference between the Distance SFT and the Distance + SFT. The one i use have Distance SFT on the box (just like the pic above) but the balls themselves say Distance +SFT. Hope this helps...
    Posted:
  • cubfanbobcubfanbob Members  482WRX Points: 0Posts: 482
    I asked Nike the following question:

"I see Nike SFT2 golf balls at Golf Galaxy and other golf stores, usually packaged in packs of two dozen selling for around $20. How do the specifications and compression of the Nike SFT2 compare to the Nike Power Distance PowerSoft?"

Nike's reply:

We appreciate your interest in the SFT2 golf ball.

The SFT2 will be most comparable to the Power Distance Long. The compression of the SFT2 is 75 with a Surlyn 432 dimple cover. This golf ball is ideal for the player who is looking for long, lower compression golf ball at a value price.

If you are looking for a lower compression with optimal feel, I would recommend that you check out the Power Distance PowerSoft. The lower compression of this ball will maximize distance for lower club head speeds and reduce spin for higher club head speeds.
    Posted:
    GHIN Index: 16.4
    Ping G30 10.5 R
    Ping G30 3/14.5 R
    Cobra F6 Baffler 19
    Mashie+ m4
    Adams CB3 Black 5-GW TT XP-95 R flex
    Mizuno MP-T5 52.9, 56.10 wedges
    Ray Cook Billy Baroo B300 34"
    Kirkland Signature 3-piece
  • ping1ping1 Members  36WRX Points: 55Posts: 36 Bunkers
    Found a SFT2 ball and all I can say is wow . I like most all golfers try to ego a premium ball, but just cant compress them. This for me was at least 1 club longer than v1, 10-15yds longer on a driver. I cant feel the difference with putting or chipping from a pro v1. I play to a 6, and im done trying to man up to a premium ball...
    Posted:
  • cphilippsencphilippsen Members  3WRX Points: 20Handicap: 8Posts: 3 Starters
    I've recently bought 12x 24-packs of Nike SFT on sale, I've been playing these for rounds, generally liked them a lot, but I've discovered that they have an impact click-sound with my wedges and putter, making the feel on short game suck.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.