GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

For those that have applied the GG pivot

Comments

• CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,Members  8441WRX Points: 359Handicap: 12.1Posts: 8,441 Titanium Tees
    I just recently discovered GG. I like his thoughts on the rear shoulder beating the club to the ball. I think it’s a good thought for me.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
    Callaway Apex CF19  5-A w/KBS $-Taper 120
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    Cleveland RTX 58*
    Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BottleCapBottleCap Members  1506WRX Points: 265Posts: 1,506 Platinum Tees
    Cwing wrote:
    <br />
    I just recently discovered GG. I like his thoughts on the rear shoulder beating the club to the ball. I think it’s a good thought for me.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I think that thought would help someone who has trouble rotating
    Posted:
    Taylormade M5 Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XD 70 S
    Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
    Mizuno MP 69 3-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • GolfbeatGolfbeat Swing Lessee Members  1927WRX Points: 260Handicap: 5Posts: 1,927 Platinum Tees
    Just a little refresher on what GG wants his students to do.<br />
    <br />
    https://www.facebook.com/ggswingtips/videos/1727884530841591/
    Posted:
  • PepsiDuckPepsiDuck Members  2000WRX Points: 223Posts: 2,000 Platinum Tees
    Kind of rando question...and I’m not aware if GG ever addressed this...but what direction do you *feel* your crotch is pointed when executing the squat move, i.e. your legs start opening up?<br />
    <br />
    For a simple frame of reference, let’s say the center of the clock is the spot on the ground directly under you. The ball is at 12 o clock and the target is at 9 o clock. At transition, is your crotch pointing at the ball (12 o clock) or more like 1 or 2 o clock, behind the ball. Obviously 10 or 11 is probably too open, if not physically impossible, for transition...
    Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
    TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
    Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
    Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
    Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
    Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
    PXG Darkness Operator
  • copperjeffcopperjeff Members  974WRX Points: 144Handicap: 9000Posts: 974 Golden Tee
    PepsiDuck wrote:
    <br />
    Kind of rando question...and I’m not aware if GG ever addressed this...but what direction do you *feel* your crotch is pointed when executing the squat move, i.e. your legs start opening up?<br />
    <br />
    For a simple frame of reference, let’s say the center of the clock is the spot on the ground directly under you. The ball is at 12 o clock and the target is at 9 o clock. At transition, is your crotch pointing at the ball (12 o clock) or more like 1 or 2 o clock, behind the ball. Obviously 10 or 11 is probably too open, if not physically impossible, for transition...<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    At the top of the backswing his ideal is that the hips have rotated 45* in other words crotch pointed about 1:30.<br />
    <br />
    If I remember correctly, he says hips should get to square again (12 o'clock) by P5? (Have to watch some videos again)... Definitely open by P6 so the kick up can begin.<br />
    <br />
    For me personally, my feel is that the hips nor shoulders turn at all from the top until P6, however they most certainly do.<br />
    <br />
    Important to remember that it doesn't matter one bit what it feels like, as long as that feel produces the correct move.
    Posted:
    Golfing Ginger
    So glad I picked an outside activity...
  • PepsiDuckPepsiDuck Members  2000WRX Points: 223Posts: 2,000 Platinum Tees
    copperjeff wrote:
    <br />
    At the top of the backswing his ideal is that the hips have rotated 45* in other words crotch pointed about 1:30.<br />
    <br />
    If I remember correctly, he says hips should get to square again (12 o'clock) about P6.<br />
    <br />
    For me personally, my feel is that the hips nor shoulders open at all from the top until P6, however they most certainly do.<br />
    <br />
    Important to remember that it doesn't matter one bit what it feels like, as long as that feel produces the correct move.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Well this might explain A LOT...during most of 2016-2017 when I was struggling mightily with a similar instructor, I was under the impression that the crotch pointed at 12:00 from the top...<br />
    <br />
    Curious how others experience this...
    Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
    TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
    Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
    Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
    Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
    Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
    PXG Darkness Operator

Advertisement
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt Members  4077WRX Points: 768Posts: 4,077 Titanium Tees
    PepsiDuck wrote:
    <br />
    Well this might explain A LOT...during most of 2016-2017 when I was struggling mightily with a similar instructor, I was under the impression that the crotch pointed at 12:00 from the top...<br />
    <br />
    Curious how others experience this...<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    This is what helped me understand the move a lot better.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    If you look at Bubba's leg work, both quads are facing the target well before impact.<br />
    <br />
    A lot of people look at the GG move as rotating the left leg around. But I actually focus more on rotating the left hip around and the left leg takes care of itself. When I focus more on the left leg rotation, I end up sliding because the left hip doesn't rotate.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    RH
    Posted:
  • copperjeffcopperjeff Members  974WRX Points: 144Handicap: 9000Posts: 974 Golden Tee
    PepsiDuck wrote:
    <br />
    copperjeff wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    If I remember correctly, he says hips should get to square again (12 o'clock) about P6.<br />
    <br />
    For me personally, my feel is that the hips nor shoulders open at all from the top until P6, however they most certainly do.<br />
    <br />
    Important to remember that it doesn't matter one bit what it feels like, as long as that feel produces the correct move.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Curious how others experience this...<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Wrote my above post late last night. Pretty sure I was wrong about where hips are at P6 for GG.<br />
    <br />
    Nevertheless, when he talks about left shoulder staying down and being level with the right until P6, and I try to accomplish that, I feel like I havent rotated at all.
    Posted:
    Golfing Ginger
    So glad I picked an outside activity...
  • BottleCapBottleCap Members  1506WRX Points: 265Posts: 1,506 Platinum Tees
    Seems like the intent is to get way open<br />
    <br />
    [media]
    Posted:
    Taylormade M5 Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XD 70 S
    Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
    Mizuno MP 69 3-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
    I took a lesson from GG on 4/20 (no pun intended). I was over in LA that week and scheduled it back in February because I wanted to make sure I could get time with him. Since I’ve never taken a lesson from him, either online or in-person, I scheduled a 2-hour session with him.<br />
    <br />
    The best way to schedule a lesson with him is to text his number. You will likely get Frank (I’m assuming it’s Frank Tesoro) who will confirm the lesson time with you. The day before the lesson Frank reconfirmed with me via text message…so this was a well-run organization from my experience.<br />
    <br />
    Going into the lesson, I thought the Westlake Village Golf Course would be a ratty, muni style course. I didn’t play there, but the course looked like it was in very good condition. You do hit off mats on the range, but the range is a good solid range. You have to pay for a large bucket of balls with the lesson, but I just looked at it like it was a $10 surcharge to the lesson. And after the lesson, you can take those balls and hit them on the range while you practice what you are working on. Unfortunately, I had another appointment and couldn’t do that.<br />
    <br />
    I’m usually not a tardiness control freak, but golf lessons are the one area where I am. GG was there on time and was ready to go. I had heard that GG was really good in getting a lot of info in to his students in just 1 hour. But I wanted a 2 hour lesson to perhaps get a little more info than he normally would for a 1 hour lesson and be able to do it a slower pace. And that is exactly what I got.<br />
    <br />
    I would break down the importance of the lesson in three areas:<br />
      <br />
    1. GG told me some concepts that I didn’t understand as well as I thought I did.<br />
    2. GG told me of some concepts that I hadn’t heard of before<br />
    3. GG instructed me of some concepts that I was flat-out doing poorly.<br />
    <br />
    The big thing we started off was with posture. I had the shoulders rolled and the armpits over the balls of the feet as he likes. I wouldn’t say I’m Adam Scott type of posture by any means, but my butt was not over the heels. And this caused me to lean over too much and not be able to rotate the pelvis. <br />
    <br />
    Even with online lessons, I actually think I would have a difficult time of getting the posture correct as I think you need GG (or one of his certified instructors) to put you in the correct position a few times to get a feel for what it’s like. I referred to it with StuckSteepShut as ‘the fear of prison rape posture’ the next day. <br />
    <br />
    We also had the ball position moved forward a tad. I’ve never had a teacher recommend that to me. Going into the lesson, I was a +5 to +6 AoA with the driver at 162 mph ball speed. And a -1.3 AoA with the 6-iron. I told GG that I felt I had some low point control issues. And one of the things that helps me along with any lesson from any teacher is when I can understand why I likely did certain things to compensate in the swing. I think my ball position being back was either part of the problem (forcing me to hang back in the downswing) or was a compensation to deal with my higher ball flight and/or upward AoA with the driver.<br />
    <br />
    GG also mentioned that I moved off the ball in the backswing too much. It wasn’t like I could not make that move, but there is a way to do it that wasn’t part of my backswing. He did give me 2 options…either make the backswing where I was ‘creating a ball’ with my right hip to the top of the swing. Or I could move off the ball and use more of my upper body to ‘re-center’ myself. I felt that I was likely better off ‘creating a ball’ off the right hip in the backswing and we went with that (GG agreed with me). <br />
    <br />
    The good news was that with the new posture and just explaining the concept of ‘creating a ball’ off the right hip…I was getting that almost instantaneously in the lesson to the point it was never a problem again.<br />
    <br />
    For the downswing, my issue was all with the tilts (which I’ve seen for a long time, I just didn’t know how to fix it). My left leg in the downswing would get too much pressure into the ground from the inside of the foot instead of the outside. The left foot would also not ‘absorb’ the ground enough in transition due to my left knee being too straight. And as I would rotate, early on my right knee is too straight and I’m not getting a lot of ground pressure and my tilts were causing the low point issues.<br />
    <br />
    With this move, I realize how important it is in transition to get the pressure more outside the left foot. If I get the pressure more inside the left foot, I am going to straighten the left leg too early and stall my rotation. If I get the pressure outside my left foot (with rotation) before P5, then I at least have a chance of executing properly.<br />
    <br />
    A couple of helpful checkpoints GG gave me where:<br />
    <br />
    At P5 the left hip should be lower than the right hip and the pelvis should be square to the target<br />
    <br />
    At P6 the hips should be level and the pelvis should be ~25* open.<br />
    <br />
    From there we worked on a few different drills. Since I was getting the posture and backswing down quite well, we mainly focused on a drill where I rotate like he showed me, but I don’t get up and out of forward flexion.<br />
    <br />
    It looks ridiculous when I execute the drill correctly, but the purpose is to get the rotation feel down first and then I can get up and out of flexion (I call it the Horseshoes Move as it feels like I’m throwing horse shoes when I do it).<br />
    <br />
    After all of that, GG went over on how I plan to implement these moves. He asked if I video tape my work which I do. And I also told him I’m a big proponent of slow motion work. GG liked that, but did know that many golfers don’t have the patience to do slow motion practice. He also suggested doing a lot of ‘freezers’ as well to help with the process.<br />
    <br />
    Overall, it was a fantastic time. I had to play the next day and went out to Rustic Canyon with ShutSteepStuck and hit the ball fairly well all things considered. One of the things I noticed with the new posture is that it’s easy to stand too close to the ball and that can steepen the AoA too much. I also started to notice how important it is to get the pressure outside of the left foot before I get to P5. The following day I played Hillcrest which is much tighter and I had some struggles there, but a lot of that was distance perception on some wedges and while Hillcrest is not deceptive, having never played there you really need to know where to aim your drives.<br />
    <br />
    But, I’m very pleased with the time I spent with GG and look forward to doing it again, sometime.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    RH
    Posted:
  • joeuncjoeunc Members  1158WRX Points: 6Posts: 1,158 Platinum Tees
    thx
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • sethdavidsdadsethdavidsdad Members  1977WRX Points: 179Handicap: 2Posts: 1,977 Platinum Tees
    Good write up Richie, Thanks
    Posted:
    TM Sim Tour AD DI 6x
    Ping G410 plus 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
    TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Velocore 8x
    Mizuno MP20 Nippon Modus 120
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
    Vokeys SM6 52,56 SM7 60
    WITB Link
  • ShutSteepStuckShutSteepStuck Grinding like Briny Baird The ValleyMembers  1510WRX Points: 122Handicap: 2Posts: 1,510 Platinum Tees
    Great recap, Richie! You were incorporating things nicely out there on Sat. Next time I think you may need to play the back of the box...just to make things a little more fair.
    Posted:
    g400max 9*- rogue 125 60tx
    m2 tour 15.8* - ad gp-8x
    m2 tour 19.8* - diamana s 83x
    4-gw ap1 712 - s300's
    mp-t10 56.10 - s300
    tvd 60m - ti s400
    piretti potenza ii 365g 34"
    <br />
    Great recap, Richie! You were incorporating things nicely out there on Sat. Next time I think you may need to play the back of the box...just to make things a little more fair.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    You're really trying awful hard to hustle money from me.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    RH
    Posted:
  • KuchhhhhhKuchhhhhh Members  2247WRX Points: 98Posts: 2,247 Platinum Tees
    Very cool write up Richie!
    Posted:
    Taylormade M4 10.5 Atmos X stiff
    Taylormade M4 16.5 Proforce V2
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 & 4 iron, 716 AP2 5-PW X100
    Titleist SM6 50, 54, 60 S300
    Taylormade Spider Red
  • PJ1120PJ1120 Members  780WRX Points: 120Posts: 780 Golden Tee
    Rich.....can you elaborate what you mean by this<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    "either make the backswing where I was ‘creating a ball’ with my right hip to the top of the swing"
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • NikeGolferTXNikeGolferTX Members  346WRX Points: 52Handicap: ?Posts: 346 Greens
    PJ1120 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    "either make the backswing where I was ‘creating a ball’ with my right hip to the top of the swing"<br />
    See the gap created in hogan's backswing:<br />
    <br />
    Hogan-RightHIp.jpg<br />
    <br />
    Create a gap the width of a ball.<br />
    <br />
    Basically a centered backswing, no sway.
    Posted:
    Thanks
    Posted:
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers  9364WRX Points: 2,999Posts: 9,364 Titanium Tees
    Id like to text Frank Tesoro..aka the real aaron smith to get some of his specialty swing tips lulz
    Posted:
  • NikeGolferTXNikeGolferTX Members  346WRX Points: 52Handicap: ?Posts: 346 Greens
    RichieHunt wrote:
    <br />
    I took a lesson from GG on 4/20 (no pun intended). <br />
    <br />
    Expensive or reasonable?
    Posted:
    <br />
    RichieHunt wrote:
    <br />
    I took a lesson from GG on 4/20 (no pun intended).<br />
    <br />
    Expensive or reasonable?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    It's not cheap...$350 per hour. <br />
    <br />
    But, I can afford that and would be willing to pay twice that much if I was almost certain it would greatly improve my game. I play enough golf that paying even twice as much is worth it to me...if it means not having to spending more money on more lessons.<br />
    <br />
    It's kind of like when I got fitted at True Spec Golf. I knew getting fitted by them (I was mainly looking for the right club head) would end up costing me less than not getting fitted and spending more money over the long haul on more equipment.<br />
    <br />
    What I like about GG's teaching is not only does it continually get great results and it has worked well for me prior to this lesson simply by watching videos. But, to me it's pretty low maintenance. I can now err, but err in the 'right direction' and still manage to hit the ball the well.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    RH
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • BeTheBall_BeTheBall_ Members  220WRX Points: 52Handicap: 14Posts: 220 Fairways
    PJ1120 wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    "either make the backswing where I was ‘creating a ball’ with my right hip to the top of the swing"<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    https://instagram.com/p/Bgbu7ollJXC/
    Posted:
    When you get to P6, GG wants you to rotate hard/fast on with the right hip and right shoulder?
    Posted:
    i have seen some videos where he told some to have a feel that the shoulder was beating the clubhead to the ball and he wants 45' hips at impact so the right side down and through yes.
    Posted:
    Joe.....I assume it's that move that moves the low point forward?
    Posted:
    PJ1120 wrote:
    <br />
    Joe.....I assume it's that move that moves the low point forward?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    no he has said the proper leg work and pivot control the low point better, the pivot and the left hip staying low at p5 go to that
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members  6077WRX Points: 605Posts: 6,077 Titanium Tees
    RichieHunt wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    RichieHunt wrote:
    <br />
    I took a lesson from GG on 4/20 (no pun intended).<br />
    <br />
    Expensive or reasonable?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    It's not cheap...$350 per hour. <br />
    <br />
    But, I can afford that and would be willing to pay twice that much if I was almost certain it would greatly improve my game. I play enough golf that paying even twice as much is worth it to me...if it means not having to spending more money on more lessons.<br />
    <br />
    It's kind of like when I got fitted at True Spec Golf. I knew getting fitted by them (I was mainly looking for the right club head) would end up costing me less than not getting fitted and spending more money over the long haul on more equipment.<br />
    <br />
    What I like about GG's teaching is not only does it continually get great results and it has worked well for me prior to this lesson simply by watching videos. But, to me it's pretty low maintenance. I can now err, but err in the 'right direction' and still manage to hit the ball the well.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    RH<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Well back in early 2015 he was 150 a lesson.., same information just way cheaper. Demand has spike from Instagram obviously
    Posted:
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers  9364WRX Points: 2,999Posts: 9,364 Titanium Tees
    Simple supply and demand.
    Posted:
  • KuchhhhhhKuchhhhhh Members  2247WRX Points: 98Posts: 2,247 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
    Taylormade M4 10.5 Atmos X stiff
    Taylormade M4 16.5 Proforce V2
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 & 4 iron, 716 AP2 5-PW X100
    Titleist SM6 50, 54, 60 S300
    Taylormade Spider Red

Advertisement
  • i*windowsi*windows Members  2310WRX Points: 264Handicap: 12.3Posts: 2,310 Platinum Tees
    RichieHunt wrote:
    <br />
    I took a lesson from GG on 4/20 (no pun intended). I was over in LA that week and scheduled it back in February because I wanted to make sure I could get time with him. Since I’ve never taken a lesson from him, either online or in-person, I scheduled a 2-hour session with him.<br />
    .....<br />
    RH<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    great write up thanks for taking the time to do it, I enjoy watching his videos on Instagram, but I think to do his moves you probably need to see him in person. Just curious what is GG like?
    Posted:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Just hit the **** ball.[/font]
    TM R1
    Adams Tight lies 2 5w
    Cleveland Mashie 5h
    Nike Covert Forged 2, 6-PW
    Lynx Prowler VT 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 Tour Action 51*
    MD Golf Seve Sedona 58*
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.