Worst Player to win a Major?

1789101113»

Comments

• WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner Members Posts: 4,826 ✭✭
    ITs amazing that Willett climbed all the way #12. Just amazing.
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭
    Oaks wrote:

Starts and Ends with Ben Curtis... I remember how pissed I was when he won the Open...

Why would you be that emotionally invested?
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Play Golf With Him The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene poolClubWRX Posts: 15,682 ClubWRX
    edited May 16, 2018 #364
    Mwscgolf wrote:

Was talking with my golf groups after the US Open, and we got to talking on this subject.

Worst Player to Win a Major?

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but I thought there might be some good answers.

My top votes?

Keegan Bradley

Jason Dufner

Y.E Yang

Not so much to blast those players, but there are definitely players that deserve a major over these guys.

Give me your best.
    I just noticed this and while you have nothing to apologize for regarding this being covered before as I’m sure that it has been, though so has everything else on this board outside of the weekly Tourney threads, lol

Originality this far down the road is not a happening thing, haha

That being said, Keegan??

He’s a two-time Ryder Cupper along with being a perennial Top-100 in the world-

That’s on the face of the earth🌏

Friggin Jason??

Along with his PGA Championship Victory, he’s got four other Tour wins along with Top-20’s in the other three Majors and also a Ryder Cup under his belt.

You think that that’s easy or not a huge accomplishment???

If Patrick Burke drops in, ask him what kind of Player he thinks Keegan, Jason & YE are and if he thinks that they’re the “worst” to win a Major, hahaha.

Oh, and Y.E.??

Along with being the first Asian to win a Men’s Major, he too had three top-20’s in the other three Majors and in his run to the Q-Finals of the WGC-Accenture MP Championship, he took out Quiros, Cink & Graeme McDowell, three fairly solid Players by anone’s bar, lmao

I understand that the thread is done for shats & giggles and to call any one of the Top-125 to 200 Players on the face of the earth the “worst,” even in comparison to each other, is just wacky, and something that someone with absolutely zero concept of just how good these guys really are, and I’ll even go back to the Top-1000, where my Tour Bud had fallen to #728 before catching fire the following year and taking full advantage of a few SE’s to snag a few Top-10’s to get in the next week when ironically he took runner-up to one of the Boys that you’ve mentioned here and by the time that the season ended, he racked up $1.8M in earnings and finished either 67-68th in the Fed-Ex race, bowing out in the semi-final Tourney and he ended the year at #78 in the world.

My point is that these three Gents are far from the “worst” to ever raise a Major’s Trophy.

Now you wanna throw Danny Willett’s name out there, ok, I’ll STFU and listen while you make your case, lmao😂😂😂

Stay well Gents🍻

RP
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • JustTheTipsJustTheTips Members Posts: 2,042

I understand that the thread is done for shats & giggles and to call any one of the Top-125 to 200 Players on the face of the earth the "worst," even in comparison to each other, is just wacky, and something that someone with absolutely zero concept of just how good these guys really are

This question is a lot like asking who is the ugliest victoria secret model. They are stunning but when your are ordinal ranking someone is going to be the worst.

The bottom is guys with this as their only win or maybe 1 more and very few top 5s elsewhere. I would give Willet a couple more years (he is only 30) before putting him in the Shaun Michael/Beem category but it sure looks like he might end up there.
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,389 ✭✭

Mwscgolf wrote:

Was talking with my golf groups after the US Open, and we got to talking on this subject.

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but I thought there might be some good answers.

My top votes?

Keegan Bradley

Jason Dufner

Y.E Yang

Not so much to blast those players, but there are definitely players that deserve a major over these guys.

Give me your best.
    I just noticed this and while you have nothing to apologize for regarding this being covered before as I’m sure that it has been, though so has everything else on this board outside of the weekly Tourney threads, lol

He’s a two-time Ryder Cupper along with being a perennial Top-100 in the world-

That’s on the face of the earth🌏

Friggin Jason??

Along with his PGA Championship Victory, he’s got four other Tour wins along with Top-20’s in the other three Majors and also a Ryder Cup under his belt.

You think that that’s easy or not a huge accomplishment???

If Patrick Burke drops in, ask him what kind of Player he thinks Keegan, Jason & YE are and if he thinks that they’re the “worst” to win a Major, hahaha.

Oh, and Y.E.??

Along with being the first Asian to win a Men’s Major, he too had three top-20’s in the other three Majors and in his run to the Q-Finals of the WGC-Accenture MP Championship, he took out Quiros, Cink & Graeme McDowell, three fairly solid Players by anone’s bar, lmao

I understand that the thread is done for shats & giggles and to call any one of the Top-125 to 200 Players on the face of the earth the “worst,” even in comparison to each other, is just wacky, and something that someone with absolutely zero concept of just how good these guys really are, and I’ll even go back to the Top-1000, where my Tour Bud had fallen to #728 before catching fire the following year and taking full advantage of a few SE’s to snag a few Top-10’s to get in the next week when ironically he took runner-up to one of the Boys that you’ve mentioned here and by the time that the season ended, he racked up $1.8M in earnings and finished either 67-68th in the Fed-Ex race, bowing out in the semi-final Tourney and he ended the year at #78 in the world.

My point is that these three Gents are far from the “worst” to ever raise a Major’s Trophy.

Now you wanna throw Danny Willett’s name out there, ok, I’ll STFU and listen while you make your case, lmao😂😂😂

Stay well Gents🍻

RP

Rich-arrrd

Not many be doing this with TW lookin over their shoulder

• imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,631 ✭✭
    bscinstnct wrote:

Mwscgolf wrote:

My top votes?

Keegan Bradley

Jason Dufner

Y.E Yang

Give me your best.
    I just noticed this and while you have nothing to apologize for regarding this being covered before as I'm sure that it has been, though so has everything else on this board outside of the weekly Tourney threads, lol

He's a two-time Ryder Cupper along with being a perennial Top-100 in the world-

That's on the face of the earth&#55356;&#57103;

Friggin Jason??

Along with his PGA Championship Victory, he's got four other Tour wins along with Top-20's in the other three Majors and also a Ryder Cup under his belt.

You think that that's easy or not a huge accomplishment???

If Patrick Burke drops in, ask him what kind of Player he thinks Keegan, Jason & YE are and if he thinks that they're the "worst" to win a Major, hahaha.

Oh, and Y.E.??

Along with being the first Asian to win a Men's Major, he too had three top-20's in the other three Majors and in his run to the Q-Finals of the WGC-Accenture MP Championship, he took out Quiros, Cink & Graeme McDowell, three fairly solid Players by anone's bar, lmao

I understand that the thread is done for shats & giggles and to call any one of the Top-125 to 200 Players on the face of the earth the "worst," even in comparison to each other, is just wacky, and something that someone with absolutely zero concept of just how good these guys really are, and I'll even go back to the Top-1000, where my Tour Bud had fallen to #728 before catching fire the following year and taking full advantage of a few SE's to snag a few Top-10's to get in the next week when ironically he took runner-up to one of the Boys that you've mentioned here and by the time that the season ended, he racked up $1.8M in earnings and finished either 67-68th in the Fed-Ex race, bowing out in the semi-final Tourney and he ended the year at #78 in the world.

My point is that these three Gents are far from the "worst" to ever raise a Major's Trophy.

Now you wanna throw Danny Willett's name out there, ok, I'll STFU and listen while you make your case, lmao&#55357;&#56834;&#55357;&#56834;&#55357;&#56834;

Stay well Gents&#55356;&#57211;

RP

Rich-arrrd

[media=]

YE is one of the most deserving and probably a better Major Winner that most of the late ones since he is the only one to have beaten the real Tiger Woods on Sunday!
  • Dougie JonesDougie Jones Members Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Lucas Glover or Keegan Bradley
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭

Mwscgolf wrote:

My top votes?

Keegan Bradley

Jason Dufner

Y.E Yang

Give me your best.
    I just noticed this and while you have nothing to apologize for regarding this being covered before as I'm sure that it has been, though so has everything else on this board outside of the weekly Tourney threads, lol

Friggin Jason??

Along with his PGA Championship Victory, he's got four other Tour wins along with Top-20's in the other three Majors and also a Ryder Cup under his belt.

If Patrick Burke drops in, ask him what kind of Player he thinks Keegan, Jason & YE are and if he thinks that they're the "worst" to win a Major, hahaha.

Oh, and Y.E.??

Along with being the first Asian to win a Men's Major, he too had three top-20's in the other three Majors and in his run to the Q-Finals of the WGC-Accenture MP Championship, he took out Quiros, Cink & Graeme McDowell, three fairly solid Players by anone's bar, lmao

I understand that the thread is done for shats & giggles and to call any one of the Top-125 to 200 Players on the face of the earth the "worst," even in comparison to each other, is just wacky, and something that someone with absolutely zero concept of just how good these guys really are, and I'll even go back to the Top-1000, where my Tour Bud had fallen to #728 before catching fire the following year and taking full advantage of a few SE's to snag a few Top-10's to get in the next week when ironically he took runner-up to one of the Boys that you've mentioned here and by the time that the season ended, he racked up $1.8M in earnings and finished either 67-68th in the Fed-Ex race, bowing out in the semi-final Tourney and he ended the year at #78 in the world.

My point is that these three Gents are far from the "worst" to ever raise a Major's Trophy.

Now you wanna throw Danny Willett's name out there, ok, I'll STFU and listen while you make your case, lmao&#55357;&#56834;&#55357;&#56834;&#55357;&#56834;

RP

YE just won in Japan three weeks ago.
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    bscinstnct wrote:

Mwscgolf wrote:

My top votes?

Keegan Bradley

Jason Dufner

Y.E Yang

Give me your best.

Friggin Jason??

Oh, and Y.E.??

RP

Rich-arrrd

[media=]
    I think what many people forget about or never knew about Y.E. Yang is that was not the first time he beat Tiger in a high profile event. He beat Tiger in the 2006 HSBC Champions in China. He said that win helped him in the 2009 PGA.

http://www.owgr.com/en/Events/EventResult.aspx?eventid=3656
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭
    grm24 wrote:

bscinstnct wrote:

Mwscgolf wrote:

My top votes?

Keegan Bradley

Jason Dufner

Y.E Yang

Give me your best.

That's on the face of the earth��

Friggin Jason??

Oh, and Y.E.??

Now you wanna throw Danny Willett's name out there, ok, I'll STFU and listen while you make your case, lmao������

Stay well Gents��

RP

Rich-arrrd

[media=]
    I think what many people forget about or never knew about Y.E. Yang is that was not the first time he beat Tiger in a high profile event. He beat Tiger in the 2006 HSBC Champions in China. He said that win helped him in the 2009 PGA.

http://www.owgr.com/...px?eventid=3656

Also finished 3rd in the 2011 US Open. Great player
  • Steele47Steele47 Members Posts: 1,307 ✭✭
    This is one 'worst of' list I would love to be on.