2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Streamsong Experience

nicksterjr

Myself and a bunch of buddies just went up to Streaming and walked 36. Not my first time, it was for them, but this place never gets old or stops impressing me. Black suppose to be out of this world. Can't wait for that. I've personally played a lot of golf around the world, especially in Florida and I think this place is one of the most underrated facilities in the country. Anyone else had experiences here?

Too many floridians here are used to cheap green fees that they think streamsong isn't worth it.

I personally love the red course. The blue is too quirky for my taste.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I just got back from playing both the Red and Blue Courses. My wife and I stayed in the Lodge. The staff at the Lodge was very friendly, the food was excellent, the room was facing the lake and the scenery was beautiful.

I took a cart and played the Blue the first afternoon, and the Red this morning. I really enjoyed both of them. Both courses were in great shape. I had a good caddy who saved me several strokes. I would play there often if I lived close by. However, it is 2 1/2 hours drive from home to the course. Here are some photos.

It's a gorgeous facility in a really unique setting. Design was really well done too. I think it's a little pricey for where it is, but I don't think anyone would be disappointed if you're looking for a first class trip.

Fwiw, I'd recommend you spring for a caddy. A fair number of holes on both courses where ours saved us.

Taylormade Qi10 LS 10.5*    (Diamana WB 63X)

Titleist TSR2+ 13*                 (Tensei 1K Black 75X)

Titleist TSR3 18*                   (D+ Ltd 80TX)

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5i                 (MODUS 105X)

Srixon ZX7 MkII 6-PW           (MODUS 105X)

Taylormade MG4 48*, 52*    (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG4 TW 56*     (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG3 TW 60*     (DG TI S400)

LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick (TPT Putter)

Srixon Z-Star Diamond '23

Its a great place if you have a group or multiple players and can stand the price tag (not playing in Summer). Singles can't play from November to May at all. I have several friends locally in Florida that attempted to book times during that period as a single.

And the caddies are sometimes hit or miss. definitely don't have the overall quality that Whistling or Bandon or Pinehurst do. Plus course management really don't want the handicapped - not like Bandon or Pinehurst do. totall different feeling and treatment. For most top courses, they are pricey on almost everything and I've played all the major resorts in the US and been to Scotland.

But they are awesome facilities and golf courses. No question phenomenal courses.to play. But yes, I do think they are pricey for the conditions. $15 for a hot dog was just a tad too much in my opinion. More than I paid at Pebble. Now its been a few years since I've gone there so they may have come down on those type of things but not from what i've heard.

And i hope one's spouse likes the SPA or special outdoor sports because there is little else for her close by. For guys, its great. But no shopping or things like that.

I can't see someone spending multiple days there playing 36-72 holes per day in the summer there like many people do at Bandon. i've walked 54 a day for multiple days in a row in the summer at Bandon. I don't see myself ever doing that when i was younger at Streamsong. And i did the same 36-54 a day when i went to Scotland back a few years ago.

I had a phenomenal time in my only visit to Streamsong. My wife and I stayed for a night in early May. She spent the day by the pool while I played golf. I played the Red the first day followed by Blue the next morning. If I had ten rounds to play I would probably split them them 6-4 in favour of the Blue. Both courses were superb as was the lodge.

My wife and I are going to be in Florida next April. I'll definitely be going down to Streamsong for night or two.

Callaway Rogue w/ AD IZ 
Cobra F8 3w w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Orange
Callaway Rogue 5w w/ Oban Isawa Red
Titleist 818 H1 hybrid w/ Oban Isawa Red
Srixon z765 5-pw w/ Steelfiber
Vokey SM7 52F, 56F, 60K w/ Steelfiber
PXG Darkness Gunboat

Too many floridians here are used to cheap green fees that they think streamsong isn't worth it.

+1 on this. It's the cheap people who lodge the complaints.

Lol, you have to admit they would still be busy at half the rate they charge. Come play the Trail in AL and then talk(write) to me about money/golf equation. I would really like to play Streamsong though.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

2 years ago I played the Red and played the Blue a week ago. As a FL resident I paid 85 to walk and it's well worth it even in the heat. I wouldn't want to play from a cart there, it's such a great experience. I really liked the Blue. My phone had no connection so golfshot didn't work when I played the Red, and I didn't have a caddie. So it was hard. For the blue it worked and it was much more enjoyable. I'll try and play the Red again in August and will reserve judgement until I can play it with gps. It's very hard to judge distance at Streamsong when you're used to normal FL courses.

TM SLDR 460 set to 10.5° 70g Aldila VS Proto 44"
TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5° & 19°
Maltby KE4 Tour 22° Hybrid
PING G25 4-UW CFS
Maltby M-Series+ 54° and sometimes 58°
Odyssey White Ice #7 37" counter balanced and a SpryEvo TeCu insert
WS FG Tour(2014) or ProV1x

I played there this past winter. It was a great experience. I enjoyed it more than Bandon. Never been across the pond for golf but that's my next big golf trip.

Couldn't imagine going to Streamsong during the summer. You guys are brave souls.

Okay, I'll bite the hook. You liked it better than Bandon? Haven't made it to Bandon yet, but please enlighten me?

i'll be there saturday morning september 3rd. going to double round and walk it. christmas in september.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Golf Buddies outing there the 27th and 28th of August. Looking forward to it. BTW, I'm a transplanted Wisconsinite who's been a Florida resident for 10+ years. We've never not played golf, at any time of the day, because of the heat. It's not nearly as bad as people seem to think. Just drink lots of water and bring an extra golf glove or two.

I think given time Streamsong will be worth it, but I didn't really like it. Chalk it up to bad attitudes and a course that wasn't that special. If I am going somewhere like Streamsong I don't want to feel like I am bothering the staff. I had to go looking for the starter when my tee time arrived which kinda ticked me off since I had to rush afterwards. At the turn, I bought a couple things at the snack shop and the girl put my $10 change on $10 snacks in her tip jar herself. WTF. The course design didn't do too much for me either to be honest. Some of the holes I really liked but since it is Fl golf, it is Fl golf. There were no reflectors on the pins which made me hit a couple long. That is inexcusable in my opinion these days. Caddies were fine, probably the best thing about the place. I have played more consistently better layouts elsewhere in Fl. If you have a brain and look past the hooplah..... That said, since I like good courses I will probably go back to play the new one at some point. Just count me as one of the uninspired. I guess I must be a cheapskate according to the poster above (not), but if you read other threads about the place, I am not alone.

Yeah you pretty cheap brah

With that said it's pretty cheap to play streamsong. Example I was in Vegas last month. Paid 70 bucks for Paiute in middle of summer.

People are too used to cheap summer Florida rates that they think that's the norm. It's not. We are fortunate to get good rates but that doesn't undermine the quality at streamsong. Name another public course that has a Biarritz as part of the layout. You can't because the layout itself is harder to maintain with 25 dollars green fees. You can call it over rated or expensive but don't call it a typical Florida course. If you truly played all the Florida courses then you wouldn't make such a statement. It just makes you look foolish.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

but since it is Fl golf, it is Fl golf.

Interesting comment. I'm curious to know the five Florida courses you think are the most similar to Streamsong from a design perspective. Which Florida courses have the most comparable greens, turf, dunes and strategic playing options?

If cost wasnt a factor, what are your five favorite Florida public courses?

Thanks

how similar

I played there this past winter. It was a great experience. I enjoyed it more than Bandon. Never been across the pond for golf but that's my next big golf trip.

Couldn't imagine going to Streamsong during the summer. You guys are brave souls.

You're kidding, right? I might could understand that if you were comparing the Bandon Dunes or Trails courses to the Red or Blue at Streamsong, but Pacific Dunes and Old MacDonald? Having recently spent four years living in the UK, making two trips to Scotland, and playing golf from one end of England to the other...it's incredible how similar Bandon is to Scotland. Looking at the photos Juan73 posted and seeing primarily one color--green everything, does not give one much hope of encountering a course as presented in the photos on Streamsong's website. I have a tee time for the Red Course in Sept, but if it looks like Juan's photos---it will be less than impressive. I would really hate it if I enjoy the round at Southern Dunes more than Streamsong Red...and I've played the Dunes 25 times or so since it opened.

Dynapwr Carbon/TSr3 10.0*     w/Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60g
Taylormade Qi10 Fwy 15* & Hyb 19*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 60/70g

Wilson Staff Utility Iron 21*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 80g

Wilson Staff Dynapwr Forged 5-PW

w/KBS $-Taper 110

Vokey SM9 48/52/58 w/DG S200

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5+

This was what I was expecting to see:

Dynapwr Carbon/TSr3 10.0*     w/Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 60g
Taylormade Qi10 Fwy 15* & Hyb 19*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 60/70g

Wilson Staff Utility Iron 21*
w/Hzrdus Smoke RDX Black 80g

Wilson Staff Dynapwr Forged 5-PW

w/KBS $-Taper 110

Vokey SM9 48/52/58 w/DG S200

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5+

I think given time Streamsong will be worth it, but I didn't really like it. Chalk it up to bad attitudes and a course that wasn't that special. If I am going somewhere like Streamsong I don't want to feel like I am bothering the staff. I had to go looking for the starter when my tee time arrived which kinda ticked me off since I had to rush afterwards. At the turn, I bought a couple things at the snack shop and the girl put my $10 change on $10 snacks in her tip jar herself. WTF. The course design didn't do too much for me either to be honest. Some of the holes I really liked but since it is Fl golf, it is Fl golf. There were no reflectors on the pins which made me hit a couple long. That is inexcusable in my opinion these days. Caddies were fine, probably the best thing about the place. I have played more consistently better layouts elsewhere in Fl. If you have a brain and look past the hooplah..... That said, since I like good courses I will probably go back to play the new one at some point. Just count me as one of the uninspired. I guess I must be a cheapskate according to the poster above (not), but if you read other threads about the place, I am not alone.

^^^^^^ This.

Overpriced. Rude staff. Nothing special. I will however play the black when it opens... Just to check it out.

"Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones

Okay, I'll bite the hook. You liked it better than Bandon? Haven't made it to Bandon yet, but please enlighten me?

I flew private to Bandon and flew commercial to Streamsong, yet Streamsong was still easier to get to.

The food at Streamsong is 1000x better. I was told by a member of our group that the Bandon food was worse than British food. Not sure about that comparison but the Bandon food was almost inedible.

The locals in Bandon were so depressed, I felt like I needed Prozac.

Conditions at Bandon were much more bumpy than Streamsong. There was a lot of grain at Streamsong but that doesn't bother me as long as it has a consistent roll.

how similar

You're kidding, right? I might could understand that if you were comparing the Bandon Dunes or Trails courses to the Red or Blue at Streamsong, but Pacific Dunes and Old MacDonald? Having recently spent four years living in the UK, making two trips to Scotland, and playing golf from one end of England to the other...it's incredible how similar Bandon is to Scotland. Looking at the photos Juan73 posted and seeing primarily one color--green everything, does not give one much hope of encountering a course as presented in the photos on Streamsong's website. I have a tee time for the Red Course in Sept, but if it looks like Juan's photos---it will be less than impressive. I would really hate it if I enjoy the round at Southern Dunes more than Streamsong Red...and I've played the Dunes 25 times or so since it opened.

I played a four ball tournament there and we didn't get to play Old McDonald. Between the practice rounds and tournament rounds, we played 6 rounds total at Pacific/Trails/Dunes. Pacific obviously has the best views and better than any view at Streamsong.

None of the actual course layouts at either Bandon or Streamsong were awe inspiring. I probably will remember a few more holes at Streamsong, but not many. It's not like when I played Sand Hills. I think I remember every hole there.

• 2 weeks later...

but since it is Fl golf, it is Fl golf.

Interesting comment. I'm curious to know the five Florida courses you think are the most similar to Streamsong from a design perspective. Which Florida courses have the most comparable greens, turf, dunes and strategic playing options?

If cost wasnt a factor, what are your five favorite Florida public courses?

Thanks

I'm curious as well.

Making an random observation without having the ability to back it up, pretty much negates said observation.

Do they really not have prisms in the flagsticks? This is definitely inexcusable for a course of this stature and cost. It's not a deal breaker for me, but is most definitely annoying and would get on my nerves occasionally. Even our muni courses here have prisms on the flags.

they do not. I think most rounds there are played with a caddy. I used GolfShot app for GPS and it worked great. The first time I went 2 years ago I had a Sprint phone and had no signal, so I was lost without the GPS. Now I have Verizon and it worked great. There are some blind shots when a GPS really helps

PING G25 4-UW CFS

Like this is #9 on the blue. This is level with your eye. The fairway is about 80 yards wide, you just need to know where to aim (over the left edge of the bunkers on the right)

PING G25 4-UW CFS