Mizuno JPX 900 Tour irons

KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan...Members Posts: 7,907 ✭✭
These look sweet. They will certainly take a shot at replacing my X Hot Pro's.

https://www.facebook.com/mizunogolf/videos/vb.159970087388188/1235967799788406/?type=2&theater
PING G400 Max 10°
PING G400 16.5°
PING G400 hybrid 19°
PING i25 hybrid 22°
Callaway XHP 5-AW
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
Kevin Burns 9306
Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow

Comments

• SurgieSurgie Members Posts: 86
    Thread here on all 3 new heads.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1338902-New-Mizuno-iron-launch-date

Looks great! Sept release.

Can't wait to try them as I was purposely holding back on getting mp25s in anticipation of this release.
  • blakesmittkampblakesmittkamp Smashkamp ClubWRX Posts: 890 ClubWRX
    couldnt tell from the video but is that 3 seperate versions of the 900 iron? a GI 900, Pro 900, and a third unknown iteration?
    Epic SZ 10.5-AD-DI 6X
    F7 14.5*-HZRDUS Red 7X
    M1 19*- B Series 80X
    JPX 919 Tour-4-PW DG 120 X100
    MP T7 50*, 54*, 58*-DG S300
    Odyssey Black 7S. PRO V1X
  • jcfountain33jcfountain33 Members Posts: 455 ✭✭

couldnt tell from the video but is that 3 seperate versions of the 900 iron? a GI 900, Pro 900, and a third unknown iteration?

Standard Cast - distance iron, Forged - better feel w/higher ball speeds, Tour - best feel w/workability
  • blakesmittkampblakesmittkamp Smashkamp ClubWRX Posts: 890 ClubWRX

Standard Cast - distance iron, Forged - better feel w/higher ball speeds, Tour - best feel w/workability

cool thanks
    Epic SZ 10.5-AD-DI 6X
    F7 14.5*-HZRDUS Red 7X
    M1 19*- B Series 80X
    JPX 919 Tour-4-PW DG 120 X100
    MP T7 50*, 54*, 58*-DG S300
    Odyssey Black 7S. PRO V1X
  • jcfountain33jcfountain33 Members Posts: 455 ✭✭

cool thanks

Had to pause Facebook video for details. Also meant to say, Forged is boron 1025, Tour is 1025E (non-boron)
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... Members Posts: 7,907 ✭✭
    Surgie wrote:

http://www.golfwrx.c...ron-launch-date

Can't wait to try them as I was purposely holding back on getting mp25s in anticipation of this release.

Thanks. Wasn't aware there were details in there.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
    Konklifer wrote:
    Surgie wrote:

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1338902-New-Mizuno-iron-launch-date"]http://www.golfwrx.c...ron-launch-date[/url]

Thanks. Wasn't aware there were details in there.

No problem.

Apologies, Wasn't trying to be "the topic police", just merely pointing out there was some info in there.
  • roadtrippin4550roadtrippin4550 Members Posts: 207 ✭✭
    I have never been a huge Mizuno fan, they no doubt make some very good irons but I have always found something better. That said, those JPX 800 tours would look REAL NICE in my bag!!
    WITB

Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 (C1) - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7X
    3 Wood: Callaway X2 Hot Pro 15* - UST VTS Black 8x
    Hybrid: Adams Pro Mini 20* - Aerotech SteelFiber 110X
    Irons: Mizuno MP-15 - Nippon Modus Tour 130X
    Wedge: Cleveland RTX-4 50* Mid - KBS $-Taper 130X
    Wedge: Cleveland RTX-4 56* Mid - KBS $-Taper 130X
    Wedge: Cleveland RTX-4 60* Low - KBS $-Taper 130X
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach 1.5
  • brentbrent Members Posts: 1,485 ✭✭
    Nice irons. Very hard for me to take Mizuno seriously as they have zero custom options. So until they catch up to the big boys its a pass as usual for me.
  • dunndunn Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭
    The tour looks nice, almost like a S55, tool out boron....very surprised to see 3 options and they look like best jpx line to date......these are the mystery irons that were shot a year or so ago that no one could figure out...very very nice.....

These days I am easy to please and don't need 5000 shafts options.....
  • toshmantoshman Members Posts: 217 ✭✭
    brent wrote:

Nice irons. Very hard for me to take Mizuno seriously as they have zero custom options. So until they catch up to the big boys its a pass as usual for me.

Agree that Mizuno needs to do a better job with options, but zero is a bit harsh don't you think?
    Ping G30 9.5 GD AD-DI6s
    Ping Rapture 13 Aldila tour blue 65s
    Callaway XR 19 Fujikura F3 95s
    4-6 Mizuno MP-27 steelfiber i95 reg
    7-9 Mizuno MP-63 steelfiber i95 reg
    PW Mizuno MP-63 KBS tour stiff
    50.07, 54.12, 58.10 Mizuno MP-T5 ttdg w
    Ping Ketsch
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    toshman wrote:

brent wrote:

Agree that Mizuno needs to do a better job with options, but zero is a bit harsh don't you think?

I was about to ask but you beat me to it..... What custom option is Mizuno not offering that the 'Big Boys" are and who are the "Big Boys" ?
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • BigHook25BigHook25 Members Posts: 2,293 ✭✭
    Tzoid wrote:

toshman wrote:

brent wrote:

I was about to ask but you beat me to it..... What custom option is Mizuno not offering that the 'Big Boys" are and who are the "Big Boys" ?

For the irons and wedges you can get custom upgrades at no extra cost, if you stay with steel or graphite. I think Callaway is really the only other major manufacturer who does this. Although with the price of the Apex irons, they shouldn't be charging an upcharge. There are quite a bit of options for the irons and wedges; however, Mizuno's shaft offerings for the woods and hybrids is poor.

Curious to see how much difference from the 850 forged to the 900 forged and also 900 tour.
  • NickhaulsmassNickhaulsmass Members Posts: 1
    brent wrote:

No up charge any kbs, true temper or nippon shafts. Yeah no custom options lol. And no up charge any grip choice I believe as well
  • Bsgolf53Bsgolf53 Banned Posts: 428
    brent wrote:

Custom options up the ying yang...
  • brentbrent Members Posts: 1,485 ✭✭
    Well, generally I aim that towards the woods. Do they have options like Recoil or Nippon 120/130?s. Ive fallen behind on Mizuno stuff the last year or 2!!
  • dunndunn Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭
    edited Jul 26, 2016 #18
    Yeah its not that bad, we really shouldn't need to have 50 shafts available, it's not that critical...kbs, nippon, px, and dg pretty much have anyone covered.....it is very easy to find just about any head with any shaft on ebay these days....

And you can thank Mizuno for starting this trend....nobody did it and now everyone is doing it....

I heard they were suppose to start offering Modus but idk if they have yet....won't be long....

I went to modus 120 and am going back to DG.....tried every shaft and coming full circle back to where I started, lol

SelLing my z745 Srixons and going back to Mizuno....back to the MP15.....AGAIN!
  • boulAAYYYboulAAYYY Members Posts: 457 ✭✭
    the jpx 900 tour look promising!
    Ping G400 LST 9*(DL and HM) W/ Matrix TP7HDe XX
    Callaway x2hot Aldila tour green 85TX
    Honma TW-U forged 18* W/ KBS Prototype 95X
    Honma TW737V 4-pw w/ KBS $-Taper
    Honma TW W4 50/54 $-taper & 610
    Callaway MD Forged 58 custom grind Kbs tour X
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5s 35"
    Swing: https://youtu.be/dRK_GXV7rDg (Driver FV)
    https://youtu.be/2pszXHplqx4 (DTL)
  • ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭
    Again no Lh we're stuck with the boron thanks Mizuno..
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    A buddy is the Mizuno rep in my area so I'll see if they are adding the Nippon Miodus 3 Tour shafts and Recoils. The Woods are weak with shaft options but as most know they

are a Iron company and they do offer a pretty wide range of options at no charge.

I have always been a big Mizuno fan but I don't see anything getting the OnOff Kuros out of my bag............maybe a back up image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • liquidtensionliquidtension Members Posts: 234 ✭✭
    The Tour irons look really good!
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9* w/ Yonex Rexis Kaiza-M 6s
    Callaway Epic 15* w/ Yonex Rexis Kaiza 7s
    Titleist 816 H1 21* w/ Graphite Designs Tour AD HY-85s
    Srixon 565 5i w/ Nippon 1150gh Stiff
    Srixon 765 6-Pw w/ Nippon 1150gh Stiff
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50F,54S,58M w/Nippon WV 115
    [/font]
  • mefnocerousmefnocerous Members Posts: 178 ✭✭
    How do you know no LH??

Left side, Strong side.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]____________________________________[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Ping G400 10.5 ADDI 6x[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon U85 18 ADDI 95x[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon U65 23 ADDI 95x[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Wishon 771 5-P (26-46) Modus 120[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Miura 51,55,58 DG Spinner[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX4 64 DG TI[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Odyssey #9[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bridgestone Tour B RX[/font]
  • threshold350threshold350 Members Posts: 27
    Tzoid wrote:
    A buddy is the Mizuno rep in my area so I'll see if they are adding the Nippon Miodus 3 Tour shafts and Recoils. The Woods are weak with shaft options but as most know they

are a Iron company and they do offer a pretty wide range of options at no charge.

I have always been a big Mizuno fan but I don't see anything getting the OnOff Kuros out of my bag............maybe a back up image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'm pondering the OnOff Kuro's as my next set. Currently have Mp64. What would you compare the Kuro's to?
  • jickjick Members Posts: 1,144 ✭✭
    Mixed set looks appealing, even with a cast long iron since they can be bent.
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,197 ✭✭
    Love those Tour heads. Much cleaner looking than previous JPX models.
    Tzoid wrote:

I was told by the rep for my area that they were
  • jay65jay65 Members Posts: 4,678
    ssfranny wrote:

Again no Lh we're stuck with the boron thanks Mizuno..

Absolutely agree. Bit disappointing that no LH 'Tour' version, lefties just get the 'Forged' version with the Boron as you say. If they would have done the 'Tours' I would have been all over a set, but in the absence of that, looks like I will have a good look at the Srixon 765's instead.
  • ladahlladahl Members Posts: 6,876 ✭✭
    ladahl wrote:

brent wrote:

I gotta disagree- Mizzy is about the best about zero uncharged options in their irons especially. They offer a TON of options. Even their fitting cart allows you to try lighter heads in over length shafts to keep swing weight consistent .
    Ping 410+ Veylix Alphina 673
    '16 TM M2 16.5* HL Veylix Rome 888 
    Callaway Epic #3H KBS Proto 95
    PXG 0311X Black #4 KBS Proto 95
    PXG 0311 Black 5/6/7 0311T Black 8/9/W Aerotech SteelFiber 95 S
    SM7 Jet Black 50*, 54* & 58* TT DG TI Onyx S400
    PXG Mustang S Black

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag
  • otwotw Doug Ferreri Members Posts: 318 ✭✭
    Tzoid wrote:

And more than those 2
    "Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA

www.paulbertholy.com

www.dougferreri.com
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,625 ✭✭
    Mizuno is AHEAD of the game with custom options. Free shaft upgrades where as other OEMs charge $20-$100 per stick for the shaft you want in it...

Come on guys?!?!
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC 4-P C-Taper 130X (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Mizuno S18 50, 55, 60 C-Taper 130X soft stepped (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Mizuno TP Mills #5
    Titleist Pro V1 X