Newport Beach - 1st run of 500

MojoEdMojoEd Members Posts: 159 ✭✭
do they warrant a premium $
I am thinking of stepping up and getting Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach. The local golf shop has one in new condition that is marked as part of the 1st run of 500 on the sole. The asking price - $240 - is higher than what they seem to be going for on eBay by approximately $60-80. Is the store's pricing right - do folks put a premium on the 1st runs?

Comments

• LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    I think they probably do command a modest premium in that range. The Newport is a pretty popular model and collectors seem to buy and sell special versions at a premium price. Some 1/500 runs have special headcovers as well as stamping on the club, so if this club has that, it might be worth it. Also haggle a bit.

It won't send your kids to college, but might be a nice collectors item.
  • bartolomeobartolomeo Retired International Playboy Members Posts: 530 ✭✭
    I have just started to get into this Cameron cult. I was wondering the same thing and asked. The answer I got was its not worth it on this particular model. On some of the older and more rare models, 1/500 might be worth it, but not on this particular item.
  • MR.PINCHYMR.PINCHY Members Posts: 722
    bartolomeo wrote on Dec 23 2005, 07:39 PM:

I have just started to get into this Cameron cult. I was wondering the same thing and asked. The answer I got was its not worth it on this particular model. On some of the older and more rare models, 1/500 might be worth it, but not on this particular item.

WELL,

1/500 limited edition models are really meaningless...

because its the exact same model, and just got different h/c and some addition stamp...

i suggest that go with something more rare, like newport 2 centreshaft, or newport beach short neck...

even the older scottys..(i hv santa fe 2 that is 7 yrs old, 1 ding on the topline, and that is it.)

if you can get rare scottys and able to get them re-finished, it'd be a good collection, or even a reasonable

price you could sell..

hope this helps!