Odyssey 2-Ball

This club sold, sold some more, and is still selling!!! People spoke negatively regarding it being old technology. I think that was because they wish they had remarketed the idea as Callaway did.

Putting can be so hard that we can use every little bit of help we can get from a putter. Along comes the 2-ball and scores across the WORLD have gotten lower!!

I remember not liking the 2ball at all when it first came out. Thank goodness Callaway came out with an insert more to my liking--the DFX. My scores immediately came down and I've been happy with it every since. I can't imagine going back to a traditional putter.

The putter is forgiving and easy to line up. The only thing that would make it better would be to have one completely milled out of steel.....

Nike Vr Pro Limited 8* w/Matrix Black Tie 6m3
Nike Vr Pro Limited 15* w/Matrix Black Tie 7m3
Nike Vr TW Blades w/TT X100
Nike Vr Pro 54/58 w/S400
Nike Method Matter B1-07

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2 Ball is not everyone's cup to tea. I know someone who couldn't putt for his life with the 2 ball because it has something to do with his eyesight ;)

I, on the otherhand, got a tour issued 2 ball DFX tour with sight line and the tour fill at 33" not long ago and is working brilliantly now. My 5-6 footers have improved remarkably.

The number of 2 balls still on tour speaks for itself, and not to mention, Annika.

:busted_cop:

-Keng

IMG_5712.jpeg.28ef7cdbf50086844cac7f4f4d89fcc6.jpeg

IMG_5713.jpeg.db236452a8d410cb184b9619835567eb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
IF you don't mind my asking, where did you get the dfx 2-ball with the sight line?  I've been looking all over for this and still havent found one.

8911[/snapback]

Tour issue :busted_cop: however, if you have a set square and a sharpie, I am sure you can do wonders!

You can also buy the sole fills in different colors to add, if I'm not mistaken, 10 grams.

Good luck

-Keng

• 3 weeks later...
IF you don't mind my asking, where did you get the dfx 2-ball with the sight line?  I've been looking all over for this and still havent found one.

8911[/snapback]

you can also go to tgw.com and get the 2 ball white hot tour model, both shaft placement options!!!

12592[/snapback]

I have an odyssey 2 ball and can't stand it.... I'm not sure if its the amount of practice i have or if it's the putter. You expect to hit it two inches and it ends up at the opposite end of the green! My bro haves a scotty and loves it! I unfortunately have to earn all my money and haven't saved 100 bux... i have ways to go....

-jl

any putter requests??? :vava:

8911[/snapback]

you can also go to tgw.com and get the 2 ball white hot tour model, both shaft placement options!!!

12592[/snapback]

Yes you can get the white hot 2 ball lined and filled but I haven't seen many DFX lined and filled.

-K.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

12592[/snapback]

Yes you can get the white hot 2 ball lined and filled but I haven't seen many DFX lined and filled.

-K.

I haven't tried the DFX lined and filled, but I can tell you with utmost confidence that the center shafted 2ball lined and filled whitehot version is far more consistant than my original 2ball. Simply an A++ putter. 10 footers roll in like butter. IMHO distance control is even better than the original. Question: How much better does everyone like the DFX lined and filled and why? Let me know, I'm putting the daylights out of the whitehot version and am hesitant to switch.

-jrg

Two ball is a good putter, I think they don't really benefit great putters though. They are a game improving club and a good one at that. I own a Two Ball White Steel because I like to play around with it in my office, but I can not see me ever using it on the course.

Overall and good solid club, I would recommend it .

"Two ball is a good putter, I think they don't really benefit great putters though. They are a game improving club and a good one at that. I own a Two Ball White Steel because I like to play around with it in my office, but I can not see me ever using it on the course.

Overall and good solid club, I would recommend it ."

IMHO I don't think it's possible to catagorize a putter of any sort as a "game improvement club." People switch putters all the time. Either it consistantly puts the ball in the hole for you, or it doesn't. All I can say is the tour fill lined 2ball is a fantastic putter. Granted, I haven't been custom fitted by Scotty so I can't personally compare the two tour models side by side, but... it's hands down the best I've hit (to date).

Two ball is a good putter, I think they don't really benefit great putters though. They are a game improving club and a good one at that. I own a Two Ball White Steel because I like to play around with it in my office, but I can not see me ever using it on the course.

Overall and good solid club, I would recommend it .

30097[/snapback]

I think I would have to disagree with JHR on this one. Not trying to be big headed but I class myself as a great putter and I use a 2-Ball Blade. I've never had a problem with other putters as far as confidence, it's just that I prefer this sort of model. And if you look on tour a lot of pros they use the 2-Ball. Annika for example. Couldn't call her a poor putter. I would agree with JHR that this is a very good putter, but I think it benefits all golfers, not just game improvers as mentioned.

Titleist TS3 10.5° w/ Tensei AV 55 Stiff
Titleist TS2 16.5° w/ Tensei AV 65 Stiff
Titleist TS2 21° w/ Tensei AV 75 Stiff
Titleist U510 23° w/ Tensei Blue AM2 Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 w/ XP 95 S300
Vokey SM8 46°, 50°, 54°, 60° w/ XP 95 S300
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34"

I own a 2 Ball White Steel as does my Father in Law, we both love these putters.

I will agree with titelistman1010 that it does seem inconsistent. If you don't hit it dead center of the Steel Insert it's not really going very far, but if you hit id dead center, the ball really goes. So you need to be rather accurate with the putter and hit the sweet spot or you will leave it very short.

Thanks,

The 2 Ball is not everyone's cup to tea. I know someone who couldn't putt for his life with the 2 ball because it has something to do with his eyesight :cheesy:

I, on the otherhand, got a tour issued 2 ball DFX tour with sight line and the tour fill at 33" not long ago and is working brilliantly now. My 5-6 footers have improved remarkably.

The number of 2 balls still on tour speaks for itself, and not to mention, Annika.

:clapping:

-Keng

The number of two balls on tour is in direct relation to the weekly stipend that is paid in addition to the year end loyalty bonus $$$ they give to pros who put in play minimum 15 tournaments or so... Same as Scotty. These guys could putt with a two by four...they really don't care what the putter is so long as they receive a little jack...case in point Jim Thorpe won with a Guerin 2 bar earlier in the year on the Srs. and the very next week Callaway threatened to take away his endorsement...guess what? He used the two ball the next week. Oh, and Annika probably gets paid as part of her Cally endorsement package...don't know for sure...but would almost be willing to wager she is paid. You are correct though, the 2 ball is great for the short putt alignment (inside 6 feet) and most folks need to be like you...once you find something that works on the moss, hang on to it for dear life. :D

The only thing that would make it better would be to have one completely milled out of steel.....

You are right, I am surprised Cally hasnt come up with a 100%CNC milled job. :clapping: Go wonder? Maybe you ought to write and suggest...make sure you include a % for yourself of the sales total though.

THE 2 BALL IS PROBABLY THE BEST SELLING PUTTER OF ALL TIME. THE 2 BALL ALIGNMENT SYSTEM WAS JUST GENIUS.  :clapping:

14727[/snapback]

True...thank Dave Pelz who did the first 2 and 3 ball putters and the two guys down in Florida who had it borrowed from them by Callaway. Did you hear about that? Cally is the marketing giant who made it sell though. :cheesy:

• 4 weeks later...
The only thing that would make it better would be to have one completely milled out of steel.....

You are right, I am surprised Cally hasnt come up with a 100%CNC milled job.  :idhitit: Go wonder? Maybe you ought to write and suggest...make sure you include a % for yourself of the sales total though.

35345[/snapback]

Anybody tried one of the new heavy :cheesy: putters. Check out the link for details. www.heavyputter.com/

I belive they are CNC milled from a solid billet of 303 Stainless :cheesy: steel. :cheesy:

PING LST 8.5' / Stretch 13.5' / G400 17'
Callaway Apex Pro 4 to PW, Mack Daddy Forged 50, 55, 60
Scotty X5, Vice Pro Plus in White

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went from putting RH with a SC Newport TeI3 to this putter and went to LH to boot and have loved it ever since. Thje poor Scotty is collecting dust waiting for a return engagement but I'm not sure thats going to happen soon. As solid a putter has there's ever been IMO

This club sold, sold some more, and is still selling!!!  People spoke negatively regarding it being old technology.  I think that was because they wish they had remarketed the idea as Callaway did.

Putting can be so hard that we can use every little bit of help we can get from a putter.  Along comes the 2-ball and scores across the WORLD have gotten lower!! 

I remember not liking the 2ball at all when it first came out.  Thank goodness Callaway came out with an insert more to my liking--the DFX.  My scores immediately came down and I've been happy with it every since.  I can't imagine going back to a traditional putter. 

The putter is forgiving and easy to line up.  The only thing that would make it better would be to have one completely milled out of steel.....

6300[/snapback]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ive had mine for a year now and it has been nothing but good for me. Ive seen my putts per round drop alot.

And even though it is a normal old version of it, i still think it is one of the better putters ive tried.

Very easy to line up and it has a great feel.

Probably not getting rid of it any time soon.

;) :D

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have to say the same!! I have a Left handed 2 ball DFX blade and cant imagine any other putter in my bag!! Never had as much confidence from 10 feet and in until this putter came along. I was playing a Scotty until a tournament on my tour when I watched a guy have 26 putts for 18. Well me and that guy are now great friends and he bought my putter for me 2 weeks later on my birthday. Now I have 3 different versions of the 2 ball. DFX still feel the best thou. Has any one tried a Frequency filtered shaft in this putter yet? I bet it makes this putter feel even better!!

• 5 months later...