Best Junior Clubs

golfpros1 ·  
golfpros1golfpros1 Members  7765WRX Points: 256Posts: 7,765 Titanium Tees
Looking for opinions on best clubs for junior girls or boys around 8 years old. Seems like a lot of sets are designed for 8 and under and really short, or 9 and over and really long. And wondering about the quality given prices range from $100 to $300 for maybe 5 clubs with a bag.
Posted:
What's In The Bag:
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist 915 D2 8.5 w/ Diamana D+ 70 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Taylormade Tour Preferred TP w/ Project X 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged w/ Project X 6.0
Ball: Titleist ProV1x LD
Bag: Titleist

Comments

• SPY ZINGERSPY ZINGER Members  3322WRX Points: 86Posts: 3,322 Titanium Tees
    Look for a set that has a titanium driver rather than aluminum. Literally about 20 yards longer and can mean a lot playing par 3s or par 3 courses. Go on eBay and buy some undersized junior grips, Winn makes them. Buy the longer set and have them cut. Can always lengthen again with a plug or old shaft cut.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • FairwayGolfUSA.comFairwayGolfUSA.com Sponsors  1610WRX Points: 38Handicap: 0.0Posts: 1,610 Platinum Tees
    US Kids Tour Series, PING Moxie and Taylormade Phenom are all good options.

U.S. Kids clubs go by height at 3" increments so you should be able to find something great through an authorized retailer.
    Posted:
    Fairway Golf Online Store :golfer:
    Email: [email="[email protected]?subject=GolfWRX%20Inquiry"][email protected][/email]
    Instagram:https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/
    Phone: 1-619-702-1702
  • BYKBYK Cardinals NationMembers  2154WRX Points: 326Posts: 2,154 Platinum Tees
    From what I've seen sizing is so more important than the clubs at that age.
    Posted:
    Yadi for President
  • Ping MeisterPing Meister Members  153WRX Points: 15Handicap: 3Posts: 153 Bunkers
    Ping Moxie is what my son used. Fantastic jr set! Worth the $'s...
    Posted:
    Ping G LS Tec Driver
    TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Three Wood
    Calloway Big Bertha Five Wood
    Titleist 716 CB 4 - 6 Iron (DG AMT S300)
    Titleist 716 MB 7 - PW (DG AMT S300)
    Titleist Vokey SM 6 49, 52, & 58 Degree Wedges
    Ping Ketsch Putter
  • IcemanYVRIcemanYVR Amateur Vancouver, BCMembers  1115WRX Points: 139Handicap: 6.2Posts: 1,115 Platinum Tees
    I just went through this with my two boys (ages 8 and 6) as they're just starting out in golf.

US Kids golf has a number of different sizes and it's really easy to have your kid measured. Just go to a local pro shop and see what they have.

You can also find used clubs readily on your local Craigslist or Buy & Sell. Takes the sting out of a new set and leaves more money for gold.
    Posted:
    Titleist 905R 9.5° | Callaway Diable Octane Tour 15° | Callaway Hawkeye VFT 18° | Mizuno JPX-825 4-PW | Cleveland RTX-3 54 | Cleveland RTX-3 60 | Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Studio Select | Titleist PRO V1
  • SwingManSwingMan SwingMan Members  6808WRX Points: 77Handicap: 9.8Posts: 6,808 Titanium Tees

US Kids Tour Series, PING Moxie and Taylormade Phenom are all good options.

U.S. Kids clubs go by height at 3" increments so you should be able to find something great through an authorized retailer.

Agree with above

Go with US Kids -- as I did -- Instructor suggested US Kids, not OEM brands as the US Kids clubs are properly weighted for kids -- makes the game easier, ball gets in air, kids like game...
    Posted:
    "My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EXS 220 16.5 wd, 19 Hy, PXG 22 Hy ● Mizuno HotMetalPro 5i/Accra i70 ● Mizuno 919F 6-PW/Accra i80 ● Mizuno MP T20 48, 53, 58 ●SeeMore Nashville

Advertisement
  • gs1184gs1184 Members  301WRX Points: 83Posts: 301 Greens
    My experience from teaching at golf camps that most of the better junior players I have taught have used US kids golf, Us kids golf tour until they out grow them to adult clubs.

That being said I took golf 20 years ago with blades and persimmon clubs bought from a thrift store lol
    Posted:
    Titleist TS2 driver - Project X HZRDUS Smoke 6.0)
    Titleist TS-2 3-Wood - Mitsubishi Tensai AV blue 70 Stiff
    Titleist TS-2 19* hybrid - Mitsubishi Tensai AV blue 70 Stiff
    Titleist 718 AP3 irons
    Titleist Vokey SM7 -  52, 56, 60
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter
    Balls: Titleist Pro V1x 2019
  • leezer99leezer99 Boy - 2026 Members  1826WRX Points: 1,151Handicap: A BillionPosts: 1,826 Platinum Tees
    VT Max Velocity by Mike Flynn. My 8 year old started with US Kids but has since moved to these and immediately gained distance and a higher ball flight. Everything Mike does is via email so send an inquiry to [email protected] and he'll shoot back an email with what he needs to customize a set for your son. It's the closest you're going to get to a custom fitting for a junior.
    Posted:

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

• BarronDDSBarronDDS Members  936WRX Points: 72Posts: 936 Golden Tee
    I have a full set of tour series US kids for 54 in. i need to sell.
    Posted:
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members  3788WRX Points: 1,108Posts: 3,788 Titanium Tees
    OEM's are toys. The Ping Moxie, Taylormade Phenom, Callaways, etc. are all toys. Pure Garbage in my opinion. Same thing goes for Tour Edge, Ram, Tommy Armour.

Buy US Kids or VT Max from Mike Flynn. When you go to big time Junior tournaments, these are the two brands most of the kids are using. They are really good clubs and they fit the kids.
    Posted:
  • 86020818602081 Members  2071WRX Points: 227Handicap: 10Posts: 2,071 Platinum Tees
    I would recommend US kids also..

My son uses US Kids 63 this year.. He will be upgrading to adult set probably after this year..
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • tobaccoroadtobaccoroad Members  317WRX Points: 72Posts: 317 Greens
    I have 2 sets of the US Kids Tour series 51 including the bag if you are interested.

As they have been well used I would sell for 140 including shipping.

Driver

3 wood

hybrid

5-sw

All in good shape but well used. My son competed in the World Champs with them a couple of weeks ago.
    Posted:
    Caddying for my son is the greatest thing in the world.
  • Golfingdawg19Golfingdawg19 Members  477WRX Points: 205Posts: 477 Greens
    As some have suggested, go with either US kids or Flynn Golf. I think the clubs at Flynn are a little better and they are all custom. You can get different colored shafts and grips which your child will like. The shafts that Flynn uses are real graphite and are made by UST. I will say that the Flynn clubs tend to be a little heavier than US kids.
    Posted:
  • dpastorickdpastorick Members  2WRX Points: 0Posts: 2
    I purchased a set of irons and wedges from Flynn a few months ago for my 7 year old daughter. She was using USKIDs 51 Ultralights before. Thought the US Kids Tour Series were a bit too heavy, so went with Flynn as I was told they are between Ultralights and Tour Series. Flynn does not have website and will only communicate via email, which is a bit odd but it did work. My daughter did not hit the irons well, but she loved the wedges, especially the gap and lob wedges, which you can only get from US Kids in the Tour Series. Long story short, we decided to play Ultralight irons/woods/driver with Flynn wedges PW, SW, GW and LW at US Kid's world championships. My daughter's wedge play was fantastic and she finished top 10. Going to try and move her into heavier Flynn irons during offseason. Word of advice though, Flynn offers no returns on any of his clubs, so you are stuck with them if you don't like. Also the matching pink shafts and grips are a huge plus for girls!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.