Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS) - (Update 4/3/18) Back In Stock

Comments

• flushemflushem Members Posts: 1,571 ✭✭
    $1 extra shipping cost / 24 balls = $0.04+/ball

I too am thrifty but 4 cents per ball? I would simply forget about it.
    WWG1 WGA
  • GirevikGirevik Thrifty Scott Members Posts: 694 ✭✭
    Oh, I'm not going to bypass the Kirkland for the Calloway even though I can get the Calloway in stores for no shipping. But it just makes no sense to me logically. Do the Kirkland balls weigh more?
    Sto Pro Veritate
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 9,912 ✭✭
    Girevik wrote:

Oh, I'm not going to bypass the Kirkland for the Calloway even though I can get the Calloway in stores for no shipping. But it just makes no sense to me logically. Do the Kirkland balls weigh more?

More like the courses that advertise a $25 green fee (plus a $20 mandatory cart fee). The round costs $45, they just want to be able to advertise the $25 number.

If something is not in your local store and must be ordered online and there's a mandatory shipping fee, then the price of the ball is the "price" plus "shipping" no matter what they call it.
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • zebra2955zebra2955 Members Posts: 560 ✭✭
    Every time I purchase anything online, I always figure the shipping fee in the total cost.

Some sellers on eBay don't charge to ship, and some do. If the price is cheaper to buy it with shipping, that's what I will buy. Total cost !!
    Cobra F7

Callaway Epic

Cobra F6 fairway woods

Cobra F6 hybrids, 3-4 and 4-5

Cobra F6 irons 6i -PW, GW

Harry Taylor 54* and 58* wedges

Odyssey "O" Works 2 ball, Super Stroke mid slim 2.0 grip

What ever ball Costco has LOL
  • zebra2955zebra2955 Members Posts: 560 ✭✭
    vietnameeh wrote:

We shop at Costco.... so I am pretty sure we are all thrifty lol

even though.... its hard to not spend over $100 everytime I go in

One reason when I go to Costco I bring a list, get the list and get out. My goal most times is to see if I can get out for less then $100. It's the stuff you buy on impulse that usually brings it in over $100.
    Cobra F7

Callaway Epic

Cobra F6 fairway woods

Cobra F6 hybrids, 3-4 and 4-5

Cobra F6 irons 6i -PW, GW

Harry Taylor 54* and 58* wedges

Odyssey "O" Works 2 ball, Super Stroke mid slim 2.0 grip

What ever ball Costco has LOL
  • BaitkillerBaitkiller Members Posts: 1,713 ✭✭
    $100? Costco?

Rook
    Turn over damnit!
    Krank 9* Formula 5 UST Tour
    Adams 15* wasabi
    XXIO pro 5
    Adams Pro Gold Forged 3-46* / Steelfibers
    Vanilla wedges 53 and 58*
    Betti-1
    K-sig
  • BuzzkillBuzzkill Marshals Posts: 6,767 mod

Buzzkill wrote:

Break81 wrote:

larciel wrote:

Break81 wrote:

The Performance One has been on the list for over a year.

Maybe the supplyer in China is also going to make the new version (same plant as K3)

Same Kirkland brand ball, huge difference in quality IMO.

I wouldn't call it bait-n-switch because of the circumstances but I hope no one gets suckered into new Ksig thinking it's a great great ball.

Are you talking about the "Performance One" ? It might be a great ball but nobody has seen it yet.

Found this ball 2 weeks ago - played it a couple holes but too clicky for me.

That's the K3 image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Found another one today and tossed it on to the range. Too bad because I loved the original when they first came out.
    Cleveland, Nike, Taylormade, Titleist, Vessel
    Handicap:  3
    zebra2955 wrote:

vietnameeh wrote:

One reason when I go to Costco I bring a list, get the list and get out. My goal most times is to see if I can get out for less then $100. It's the stuff you buy on impulse that usually brings it in over $100.

only $100 over?
    WWG1 WGA
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,279 ✭✭
    Girevik wrote:

I'd be nervous buying Calloway balls. Knock offs of Callaway?
  • howellhandmadehowellhandmade Members Posts: 736 ✭✭
    Baitkiller wrote:

$100? Costco?

Rook

Yeah. Lucky to get away from the meat cooler for less than $100. Mmmmmm, bacon.
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members Posts: 996 ✭✭
    zebra2955 wrote:

vietnameeh wrote:

I hit the deep sale stuff in the circular as best I can. Lots of other stuff there is just higher quantity retail prices.

The pork ribs tho...
    Titleist 915D3 9.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60, R, @11*
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Titleist 716 AP1 4-W52, Kuro Kage Tini 65, S
    Cleveland CBX, 56*/12, Rotex Graphite Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade
  • GolfiNutGolfiNut GolfiNut Members Posts: 244
    The hype is over...Once $60/Dozen is now $25 and falling. Did you get out on top?

SOLD Sep 24, 2018

Kirkland Signature Four-Piece Urethane Cover Golf Balls - One Dozen Brand New!

Brand New

$25.00
    Sep-24 14:05

1 bidSeller: dbice33 (943) 100%

Best offer accepted
  • Tone-NYTone-NY Members Posts: 171 ✭✭
    edited Sep 27, 2018 #13514
    The Myrtle Beach Costco has the Callaway Super Hot 55 two dozen for $26.99 next to the Kirkland Signature 3 piece two dozen for $23.99. Both outstanding values plus no shipping costs. Our Costco in New jersey has no golf balls for sale and when they do not the same prices those Callaway's are usually at the $50 plus level.

I do like the Snell offerings and price ranges.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • monks66monks66 Members Posts: 591 ✭✭
    Anyword on a ksig 4 appearance?
  • dwbostondwboston Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,322 ✭✭
    monks66 wrote:

October 31st, along with the Great Pumpkin.
    Titleist TS2 10.5*, GD AD TP 6S | Titleist 915F 16.5*, GD AD DI 7S | Titleist 915 H 21*, GD AD HY 95S
    Bridgestone J15 CB, 4-PW, Recoil Proto 125 F4 | Vokey SM6 52.08F | Vokey SM6 56.10S | Vokey SM7 60.12D
    Bettinardi BB0 Flow, 34"/350g
    dwboston wrote:

monks66 wrote:

October 31st, along with the Great Pumpkin.

as zombie.
    WWG1 WGA
    edited Sep 27, 2018 #13518
    monks66 wrote:

Millions are currently hiding away in closets and car trunks...Once the great Kirkland ball value crash is over I suspect you will be able to get as many as you want at your local Goodwill store for $5/Dozen

Patience Grasshoppers, prices are falling on them faster than bathing suits in October at Wally-world.
  • OrangeGravyOrangeGravy WAMembers Posts: 1,167 ✭✭
    flushem wrote:

grm24 wrote:

Wilson Sporting Goods is owned by a company, Amer Sports, based in Finland.

wow, I didn't know that. what is true American companies besides Snell and Cut? I know Titleist and B'stone are not.

I don't being an American company means much as even their balls are probably mostly manufactured over seas.
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,305 ✭✭
    flushem wrote:

grm24 wrote:

wow, I didn't know that. what is true American companies besides Snell and Cut? I know Titleist and B'stone are not.
    Someone correct me if I am wrong here--- I think Titleist balls are made in Brockton Mass and Bridgestone has a ball plant somewhere in Georgia. I was thinking TM took over the old Dunlop/Slazenger ball plant in Greenville SC.
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,340 ClubWRX
    BIG STU wrote:

flushem wrote:

grm24 wrote:

Someone correct me if I am wrong here--- I think Titleist balls are made in Brockton Mass and Bridgestone has a ball plant somewhere in Georgia. I was thinking TM took over the old Dunlop/Slazenger ball plant in Greenville SC.

Ball Plant #3 is in New Bedford, MA. Have heard they do awesome tours.
  • Lhooley777Lhooley777 Members Posts: 4
    edited Sep 27, 2018 #13522

new2g0lf wrote:

Just saw on another message board that Costco has found another manufacturer for golf balls who will be able to keep up with demand, so they will be removing the purchase limit and offering 3, 4 & 5 layer models to their members

Do you know which thread this is on?
    BIG STU wrote:

flushem wrote:

grm24 wrote:

looking at what nationalities of owners are. Both Titleist and B;stone owned by Asian companies. TM was owned by German, Adidas but now owned by American, KPS Capital.
    WWG1 WGA
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    Lhooley777 wrote:

new2g0lf wrote:

Just saw on another message board that Costco has found another manufacturer for golf balls who will be able to keep up with demand, so they will be removing the purchase limit and offering 3, 4 & 5 layer models to their members

Was on /r/golf
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,120 ✭✭
    edited Sep 28, 2018 #13525
    BIG STU wrote:

flushem wrote:

grm24 wrote:

TM built a brand new golf ball plant in Liberty SC in late 2013/early 2014. They make all of their tour level golf balls there. Possibly the Project A balls as well.

In the USA -

Titleist - New Bedford, MA/North Dartmouth, MA

Callaway - Chicopee, MA

Bridgestone - Covington, GA
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • raynorfan1raynorfan1 Members Posts: 3,546 ✭✭
    flushem wrote:

BIG STU wrote:

flushem wrote:

grm24 wrote:

looking at what nationalities of owners are. Both Titleist and B;stone owned by Asian companies. TM was owned by German, Adidas but now owned by American, KPS Capital.

Even this is borderline; Titleist (Acushnet Holdings) is a United States headquartered public company, listed on the NASDAQ.

Fila bought it out in 2011 but spun it back into the public markets a couple of years ago. However, they do still own about 52% of the outstanding shares, so there is *some* area to debate that it is a Korean owned/controlled company.
    edited Sep 28, 2018 #13527
    Lhooley777 wrote:

new2g0lf wrote:

https://www.reddit.c...nger_than_ever/

Take this aspirin with a grain of salt...

Lhooley777 wrote:

new2g0lf wrote:

Was on /r/golf

I would believe it when balls hit the shelves in my local Costco.
    WWG1 WGA
  • vietnameehvietnameeh HIT BALL FAR NOT BALL STRAIGHT Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited Oct 1, 2018 #13529
    played the Ksig3 yesterday. Decided to bust them out since its been getting colder here (Bay Area, CA cold is 60* in the morning LOL). Played a course that's right off the water so fairly windy. The ball held up fine in the wind (down, into, and cross). Plenty long and great spin. Made some profit with this ball winning some skins LOL

I am more amazed by the durability!

I'll be ordering more. I don't mind playing these for fun and saving the Pro Vs for whatever

I am usually Prov1 X type player, but I can honestly say I felt like I was playing a Chrome Soft
    Cobra LTD PRO 7.5F* Aldila Phenom NL 60X
    Callaway XR16 Pro 14* Graphite Design PM902X
    Taylormade M3 17* Fujikura 869 Speeder Tour Spec X
    2012 TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC 4-PW X100
    Wilson FG Tour TC 52,56,60
    Ping TR 1966 Anser 2
    #vietnameeh
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 4,136 ✭✭
    edited Oct 1, 2018 #13530
    a chromesoft? wow....lol...that's one of the best balls ive ever played. That's saying a lot!
  • vietnameehvietnameeh HIT BALL FAR NOT BALL STRAIGHT Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    tsecor wrote:

a chromesoft? wow....lol...that's one of the best balls ive ever played. That's saying a lot!

I fit into a chrome soft X... I spin the Chrome softs a bit too much..

I spin the Ksigs a tad too much as well but they are still playable for me as with the chrome softs

No facts or numbers to back it up just what I am noticing from playing them
    Cobra LTD PRO 7.5F* Aldila Phenom NL 60X
    Callaway XR16 Pro 14* Graphite Design PM902X
    Taylormade M3 17* Fujikura 869 Speeder Tour Spec X
    2012 TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC 4-PW X100
    Wilson FG Tour TC 52,56,60
    Ping TR 1966 Anser 2
    #vietnameeh