*** 11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, Passwords were reset to users potentially effected. If you were among these users and have problems using the forget password recovery link, please email [email protected] We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Comments

• RSinSGRSinSG St George, UT (Formerly Palm Springs, CA) 3294ClubWRX Posts: 3,294

Back to the topic of the most epic WRX thread in recent memory-

If you’ve never played the original 4 piece KSig, right now is a good time to get some AAAA balls for $6.66 a dz. I’ve gotten these before and other than a few players marks they look new. Free shipping during the Memorial tournament. I just got 8 dz for $57 (tax.)

https://www.golfballsdirect.com/Kirkland_Signature_Used_Golf_Balls_AAAA_p/608-gkirk12vm.htm?utm_source=GBD+Subscribers&utm_campaign=e85f4480dd-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_5_30_WEEKLY&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4c14589f37-e85f4480dd-12523319&mc_cid=e85f4480dd&mc_eid=f66e768f73

Posted:
    Ping G410 Tour AD DI S
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Break81Break81 Broke80  2033Members Posts: 2,033

Picked up a dozen of original KSIG near mint from a guy who sells ball near my local course on the side of the access road. $10 for 12 almost perfect KSIGS. Wont play them in a tournament but since the KSIG was always 10 yards longer off the tee than my Srixon XV ball I like them especially for Par 5's . Makes going for it in 2 just a little more appealing. (no we don't use the 1 ball rule in my club)

Posted:
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • dasamsdasams  307Members Posts: 307

The USGA just published their updated conforming ball list (dated Jun 5) and the new 4 piece KP1 is still there. Come on Costco, set 'em free! https://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf

Posted:
  • cristphotocristphoto  3530Members Posts: 3,530

@dasams said:
    The USGA just published their updated conforming ball list (dated Jun 5) and the new 4 piece KP1 is still there. Come on Costco, set 'em free! https://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf

The USGA list says country - USA, manufacturer SM Global. So these aren't made by Nassau in Korea like the original?

Posted:
  • GirevikGirevik Thrifty Scott  862Members Posts: 862

I have to admit, I'm starting to lose hope. While I can't imagine why they'd keep a ball in the list that will never see the light of day, for the life of me I can't understand why it's taking so long.

Posted:
    Sto Pro Veritate
  • gioreekogioreeko  482Members Posts: 482

@Girevik said:
    I have to admit, I'm starting to lose hope. While I can't imagine why they'd keep a ball in the list that will never see the light of day, for the life of me I can't understand why it's taking so long.

patience grasshopper, I'm sure the uncertainty with the Titleist lawsuit is factoring in.

Posted:
    Driver: Taylor Made M3
    3 wood: Taylor made 12 degree mini driver TP
    3 Iron Mizuno Fli hi
    4-UW: Ping i210
    Ping 54, 58 Ping Glide wedges
    Odyssey Versa Tank Putter
    Kirkland Tour ball

Advertisement
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area. 25130ClubWRX Posts: 25,130

@gioreeko said:

@Girevik said:

patience grasshopper, I'm sure the uncertainty with the Titleist lawsuit is factoring in.

FYI...the Titleist/Costco lawsuits are settled.

Considering the release history, Costco might be thinking "When is a good time for US to OPEN the flood gates on the new Ksig?"

Posted:
  • grm24grm24 Western PA 3820Members Posts: 3,820

@cristphoto said:

@dasams said:

The USGA list says country - USA, manufacturer SM Global. So these aren't made by Nassau in Korea like the original?

The original K-Sig 4 piece ball eventually appeared on the USGA conforming list with SM Global as the manufacturer. Was touched on a while back in this thread. SM Global is a logistics company for all kinds of goods. The current 3 piece K-Sig shows SM Global as the manufacturer however per Costco the 3 piece balls are produced in China. It's listed on the box.

Posted:

@gioreeko said:

@Girevik said:

Lawsuits were settled in November 2018.

Posted:
  • gioreekogioreeko  482Members Posts: 482

@DavePelz4 said:

@gioreeko said:

@Girevik said:

Considering the release history, Costco might be thinking "When is a good time for US to OPEN the flood gates on the new Ksig?"

Maybe they didn't make the balls until it was settled, and who knows how long it takes to manufacture and ship the balls. Knowing your inside knowledge in the past, I hope you're right!!!

Posted:
    Driver: Taylor Made M3
    3 wood: Taylor made 12 degree mini driver TP
    3 Iron Mizuno Fli hi
    4-UW: Ping i210
    Ping 54, 58 Ping Glide wedges
    Odyssey Versa Tank Putter
    Kirkland Tour ball

@DavePelz4 said:

@gioreeko said:

@Girevik said:

Based on prior releases of the original K-Sig, I thought they had MASTERED that process.

Posted:
    Sto Pro Veritate

Advertisement

@gioreeko said:

@DavePelz4 said:

@gioreeko said:

@Girevik said:

Maybe they didn't make the balls until it was settled, and who knows how long it takes to manufacture and ship the balls. Knowing your inside knowledge in the past, I hope you're right!!!

I wonder what is required to get a ball on the list? Just the specs, or does a ball have to actually exist? And the conspiracy voice in me whispers that if it's just the specs, how can we be sure what they put on the list is what gets produced?

Posted:
    Sto Pro Veritate
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE  4370Members Posts: 4,370

Anyone knows the detail of the settlement between Titleist and Costco ?
    Both Titleist and the Nassau are S. Korean based ownership so I wonder if the settlement prohibit Nassau from manufacturing additional supply of the original Kirkland Signature 4 piece Ball after their stored core was used up.
    Even if the 4 piece comes back in retail, it won't be the exact same golf ball and won;t be at the introductory price . I still have some of the original 4 piece Ball somewhere, it might be the dinosaur that never come back to life.
    As for the "made in China" printed on the box for the new 3 piece, not sure if the golf ball and/or the packaging was manufactured in China.
    I doubt there is any possibility the original K Sig will come back alive at the same retail price.

Posted:
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area. 25130ClubWRX Posts: 25,130

@gioreeko said:

@DavePelz4 said:

@gioreeko said:

@Girevik said:

The person who gave me the occasional scoop is extremely tight lipped these days and that's after I gave her some 4 piece KSigs. Isn't this Chicago where bribery is a way of life? We've got several governors who've done jail time that can validate the point.

Posted:

@wkuo3 said:
    Anyone knows the detail of the settlement between Titleist and Costco ?
    Both Titleist and the Nassau are S. Korean based ownership so I wonder if the settlement prohibit Nassau from manufacturing additional supply of the original Kirkland Signature 4 piece Ball after their stored core was used up.
    Even if the 4 piece comes back in retail, it won't be the exact same golf ball and won;t be at the introductory price . I still have some of the original 4 piece Ball somewhere, it might be the dinosaur that never come back to life.
    As for the "made in China" printed on the box for the new 3 piece, not sure if the golf ball and/or the packaging was manufactured in China.
    I doubt there is any possibility the original K Sig will come back alive at the same retail price.

No one expects the original 4 piece to come back, but are hopeful that the new 4 piece that is on the conforming ball list, labeled "Performance Plus" (or the KP+), will at some point make an appearance. I don't see any reason to think the original K-Sig was at an "introductory price", so I'd be fairly surprised if the new ball shows up it will be for much more than $30 a double dozen.

Posted:
    Sto Pro Veritate

@wkuo3 said:

>
    The original K-Sig 4 piece box said made in Korea. I doubt that's where only the box was made.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • North ButteNorth Butte  11741Members Posts: 11,741

@Girevik said:

@gioreeko said:

@DavePelz4 said:

@gioreeko said:

@Girevik said:

I wonder what is required to get a ball on the list? Just the specs, or does a ball have to actually exist? And the conspiracy voice in me whispers that if it's just the specs, how can we be sure what they put on the list is what gets produced?

Actual samples of the ball must be submitted and tested for conformance. In fact, for balls to remain on the list long-term samples must be re-submitted for re-testing every couple of years.

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 

@Girevik said:

@gioreeko said:

@DavePelz4 said:

@gioreeko said:

@Girevik said:

The balls have to exist and are sent to either the USGA or R&A for compliance testing based on the country the balls were manufactured. This information is readily available on the USGA website.

Posted:

@North Butte said:

@Girevik said:

@gioreeko said:

@DavePelz4 said:

@gioreeko said:

@Girevik said:

Actual samples of the ball must be submitted and tested for conformance. In fact, for balls to remain on the list long-term samples must be re-submitted for re-testing every couple of years.

Kind of what I figured. Which means at least SOME of the new balls must exist. Just seems like an inordinate amount of time for them to show up in the wild.

Posted:
    Sto Pro Veritate

@Girevik said:

@North Butte said:

@Girevik said:

@gioreeko said:

@DavePelz4 said:

@gioreeko said:

@Girevik said:

Kind of what I figured. Which means at least SOME of the new balls must exist. Just seems like an inordinate amount of time for them to show up in the wild.

Your post was inspiration to go look at the USGA testing process. They only require 2 dozen balls to be submitted, but each color is considered a unique ball and must be tested and a fee paid as well.

Interesting comment related to a potential new KSig ball...
    "To ensure that the List works efficiently and effectively, it is our goal to further reduce the number of golf balls listed. Consistent with our current procedure, manufacturers should only request that brands falling into the following two categories be considered for inclusion on the List:
    (a) Brands that are currently being marketed, or that are planned for the marketplace within the next two months; and,
    (b) Brands that are currently being used on the PGA Tour, European Tour, LPGA and other elite levels of play, or that are scheduled to be used at the tour level within the next two months."

Posted:

I think they'd already violated a. It's been on the list WELL over 2 months.

EDIT - Although as I think about it, it DOES say brands, not balls. Kirkland is a brand currently being marketed, so maybe they can put as many balls as they want on the list.

Posted:
    Post edited by Girevik on
    Sto Pro Veritate

Advertisement
  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 NJ 1094Members Posts: 1,094

Played a few rounds with the original KSIG the last few days and it is a shame we can't get it anymore. That ball fits my game very well and the price was unbeatable. I have around 20 dozen of them and have decided to start using them up. Long off the tee and plenty of spin into the green. Not as spinny around the green as a ProV1 for me but easy adjustment to get up and down with it.

Posted:
    Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
    2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
    Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
    Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • jas904jas904  1441Members Posts: 1,441

I'm down to three dozen after once peaking out at 12 dozen. I try to avoid thinking about the day that I run out as it induces severe sadness.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M4 8.5, HZRDUS Yellow 65
    TaylorMade M3 15, HZRDUS Black 75
    Callaway XR Pro 20, Project X LZ
    Srixon Z765 4-PW, Steelfiber 110
    Titleist SM6 50F Steelfiber 110, SM7 56S Steelfiber 110, SM7 60D Steelfiber 110
    Ping Ketsch Armlock

Sacrilege! Stopped into Costco today and my store still doesn't carry the K3. However the Calloway Tour Soft balls were $5 off, plus no shipping. So I broke down and bought a couple double dozen of them. Have I lost my posting privileges?

Posted:
    Sto Pro Veritate
  • NessismNessism To measure is to know...  18982Members Posts: 18,982

@Girevik said:
    Sacrilege! Stopped into Costco today and my store still doesn't carry the K3. However the Calloway Tour Soft balls were $5 off, plus no shipping. So I broke down and bought a couple double dozen of them. Have I lost my posting privileges?

Yes. You are expelled from the Ksig club!
    FYI, just order online and avoid the chaos of the store.
    K3 available in my local store (rub salt in wound). Sorry.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
    Ping Glide 50/55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"

@jas904 said:
    I'm down to three dozen after once peaking out at 12 dozen. I try to avoid thinking about the day that I run out as it induces severe sadness.

I peaked out at around 28 and had the distinction of buying at least one double dozen from every release. At one point I considered selling them on ebay when I could have gotten $50 or more per dozen.

Posted:

Advertisement

@Stanks said:
    Get. Ready. The refresh button will be quite useful soon.

What are you hearing?

Posted:
  • North ButteNorth Butte  11741Members Posts: 11,741

@trackcoach13 said:

@Stanks said:

What are you hearing?

@trackcoach13 said:

@Stanks said:

What are you hearing?

No doubt Titleist's stock will be tanking 50-60% when trading opens tomorrow.

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 

@Nessism said:
    FYI, just order online and avoid the chaos of the store.

I usually do, but the sale plus lack of shopping fees convinced me to stay. I'll probably be back, especially if the KP+ ever makes an appearance.

Posted:
    Sto Pro Veritate

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file