Wilson FG Tour V6 Irons: In-hand photos

Comments

• SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,280 ✭✭
    A durable FG Tour ball? Preach on brother!
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • jonn443jonn443 Jonnystx Members Posts: 4,596 ✭✭
    SubaruWRX wrote:

A durable FG Tour ball? Preach on brother!

lol....absolutely! Loooove the original Tour ball...long, great feel, great spin, just needs a liiiiiiitle more scratch/fish gill resistance (I use Xforged MD1 wedges)...lol. The XV will handle it but no where near the feel of the FG. I may look into the B330S this year. Currently game the Chrome +, Prov1X, and the FG Tour...currently have maybe 2 left image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
    AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
    AB TP 3HL / 757
    XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
    DWS 24*/ VS Proto
    J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
    X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
    Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,113 ✭✭

I'd love to pair these up with fg 100

I know a guy. You might be able to... image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SCMembers Posts: 4,475 ✭✭
    tbowles411 wrote:

I know a guy. You might be able to... image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Haha oh I know you do. I just don't have any money
    Forever Changing at this point.......

tbowles411 wrote:

Yeah, I know how that is! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    tbowles411 wrote:

tbowles411 wrote:

hopefully shortly after Christmas I can do it. Might be giving you a holler to see what can be done haha.

Really like the look of these. 3&4 iron in the V6 with 5-PW/GW in the 100s? SOLD haha. The 100 GW is a really good "set" GW. Not hard to pull of specialty shots with it.

tbowles411 wrote:

tbowles411 wrote:

hopefully shortly after Christmas I can do it. Might be giving you a holler to see what can be done haha.

Really like the look of these. 3&4 iron in the V6 with 5-PW/GW in the 100s? SOLD haha. The 100 GW is a really good "set" GW. Not hard to pull of specialty shots with it.

A combo set can probably be worked somehow. The V6s aren't available until the 7th anyway, so we have to wait at least until then.
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
  • mikedejongmikedejong Members Posts: 619 ✭✭
    Just as an aside, for those interested in the FG100's, they are on sale right now on the Golf Town Canada website for $699 Canadian, which would be like $525 USD. Not sure what shipping would be, but probably still a pretty good deal. If they had lefty's I would have a set for sure.
    Ping G400 Driver
    Ping G400 3 Wood
    Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
    Ping I200 4-9 Irons
    Ping Glide 2.0 46/50/56/60
    Scotty Cameron GOLO
    tbowles411 wrote:

A combo set can probably be worked somehow. The V6s aren't available until the 7th anyway, so we have to wait at least until then.

true.... although I got my F5s like a month early... need to remember who that was and see if that can happen again haha

tbowles411 wrote:

true.... although I got my F5s like a month early... need to remember who that was and see if that can happen again haha

Well, I can make a phone call and see what he says.
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
  • wldchld22wldchld22 Members Posts: 3,334 ✭✭
    I'm ready to go full stupid.

C300 3-5 minus -5"

V6 6-8 stock

FG blades 9-AW plus .5"

Or whatever I need to make a one length/combo set

V6 and the blades have lofts that match up. I'm hoping the stronger lofted c300 make up for the shortening of the longer irons.

Again I say I'm ready to try something beautiful and stupid
    Are they coming with c300 this year? Figure that would be next year. Usually players irons and the "control" group alternate. I do think the d group gets an update most years though.
  • ademsasademsas Members Posts: 30
    Beauts! I'm currently looking at getting the v4 but now considering waiting
    Titleist 917 D3 8.5* Aldila Rogue Black S
    Callaway X2 Hot 3W Aldila Tour Green-S 75g
    Callaway XR 3H 19* Project X-S
    Wilson V4 FG Tour Forged KBS Tour Stiff
    Callaway MD3 52-10 True Temper Dynamic Gold Steel S Grind

Callaway MD3 56-10 True Temper Dynamic Gold Steel S Grind
    Callaway MD3 60-09 True Temper Dynamic Gold Steel S Grind

Odyssey O-Works #7s 35"
  • the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,229 ✭✭
    jonn443 wrote:

SubaruWRX wrote:

Those are CLEAN looking. What a sharp iron set! Wilson is getting on track!

Not too sure about that tryton driver tho. Lol

Now, to bring back the FG Tour ball with a little more durability and they will have a winner!

I found the last generation of the FG Tour to be reasonably durable but wish they would find a better paint that retains its "whiteness" better. They always dulled too quickly for my tastes.
    Dynacraft Avatar Evolution 10.5* - Proforce V2 HL - S
    W/S C300 15* - Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S C300 20*/23* - Fuji Speeder Pro - S
    W/S FG Tour Forged - DGS300
    W/S PMP Raw 52/56/60 - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    W/S Bucktown
  • Techgolfer1Techgolfer1 Members Posts: 1,542 ✭✭
    I don't know if this has been questioned or not but what happens if you want a different shaft considering that the stock shaft is ascending weight? 130-112 or whatever. If I want a project x 6.0 will they have different heads in stock for something such as this? I assume they will. However, I would imagine you'd have some screwed up swing weights if you bought a set off the bst or somewhere else, took the AMT shafts out and threw something else in.

I went and hit the V4 tonight and could game them tomorrow. They look as good as anything I've seen when set down by the ball. They feel unreal as well. I'm even more intrigued by these. They look incredible and I can't wait to try them out. I believe I'm used to slightly stronger lofts (46* wedge) so I'd prolly strengthen them slightly.
    I change too much to list it. Working on that...
  • SefSef Members Posts: 899 ✭✭
    I don't know if this has been questioned or not but what happens if you want a different shaft considering that the stock shaft is ascending weight? 130-112 or whatever. If I want a project x 6.0 will they have different heads in stock for something such as this? I assume they will. However, I would imagine you'd have some screwed up swing weights if you bought a set off the bst or somewhere else, took the AMT shafts out and threw something else in.

I went and hit the V4 tonight and could game them tomorrow. They look as good as anything I've seen when set down by the ball. They feel unreal as well. I'm even more intrigued by these. They look incredible and I can't wait to try them out. I believe I'm used to slightly stronger lofts (46* wedge) so I'd prolly strengthen them slightly.

I play the V4 and do not notice any distance loss vs an AP2 or Apex pro which both have the 46* pw I think.
    Ping G400 Max - Speeder Evolution IV 757 X
    TEE CBX - Diamana S+ 70TX
    Cobra King Utility - AD DI 95X
    Ping i210 4-9 - DG X100
    Glide 2.0 Stealth 46, 51, 56, and 60 - DG X100
    Cameron & Crown M1
    Sef wrote:

I play the V4 and do not notice any distance loss vs an AP2 or Apex pro which both have the 46* pw I think.

Yes I doubt you would. 1 degree of loft is around 2.5-3 yards I've always heard.

My concern is more with the new set of V6. I wonder how those swing weights would come out if you installed a shaft other than the dynamic gold AMT?
    Does anyone on here know a Wilson guy that can order stuff? Not sure I know anyone around me? PM if you do. Thanks!
  • af15eaf15e Members Posts: 269 ✭✭
    V6 Utility pics yet?
    af15e wrote:
    V6 Utility pics yet?

Will there be one?
  • sevenputtssevenputts Members Posts: 868 ✭✭
    edited Jan 1, 2017 #82
    Solid 3/4 in. black ferrule instead stead short silver ring one and just w/s lettering instead of the medieval w/s logo and they would be PERFECT. Gorgeous clubs Wilson !!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    It's almost sad there's only 5 pages on this thread as good as these look and as well as the two previous models have played.
  • huskiehuskie Members Posts: 509 ✭✭

It's almost sad there's only 5 pages on this thread as good as these look and as well as the two previous models have played.

and the new ball??
    huskie wrote:

and the new ball??

I've not heard much about the ball. How's it compare to Chrome soft, pro v, etc??
  • john.leejohn.lee Members Posts: 14
    These V6 irons already have a win with Padraig Harrington. I have hit them and man they are sweet, same profile as the blades. You can't tell the difference from the top between the two
  • SefSef Members Posts: 899 ✭✭
    edited Jan 5, 2017 #87

Yeah but it isn't like Wilson has done anything to hype them. How hard would it be to throw a couple of 7 irons in a box and ship them to Shiels and Crossfield for a review? Crossfield is a self proclaimed Wilson fan, chances of a good review are high there.

If they don't bother marketing their clubs I am sure as heck not doing it for them. The V4's are awesome, looking forward to hitting the V6, but I have not even seen a solid release date on them.
    Ping G400 Max - Speeder Evolution IV 757 X
    TEE CBX - Diamana S+ 70TX
    Cobra King Utility - AD DI 95X
    Ping i210 4-9 - DG X100
    Glide 2.0 Stealth 46, 51, 56, and 60 - DG X100
    Cameron & Crown M1
  • lordemsworthlordemsworth Members Posts: 1,283 ✭✭
    I think I've read the 17th of January as an order date. Others may be able to provide more exact details.
  • The Chicken ConnoisseurThe Chicken Connoisseur The Pengest Munch Banned Posts: 3,732
    Wow I like the looks of these. Excited to see them and the TM Protos
    Sef wrote:

Yeah but it isn't like Wilson has done anything to hype them. How hard would it be to throw a couple of 7 irons in a box and ship them to Shiels and Crossfield for a review? Crossfield is a self proclaimed Wilson fan, chances of a good review are high there.

If they don't bother marketing their clubs I am sure as heck not doing it for them. The V4's are awesome, looking forward to hitting the V6, but I have not even seen a solid release date on them.

Agree 100%
  • jjrjjr Members Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    V4's are awesome, don't temp me anymore with these WS, please delay the release:)