2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

F6 Baffler users - still using it?

bluesgolfer

Depending upon where you live, the end of the 2016 golf season is growing near. Many of you used a f6 baffler this season. How many of you kept using it or plan to keep using it? Who is using it but is thinking about replacing it? Any tendencies, i.e., hook, fade, etc? What settings and shafts did you end up with for peak performance? Who stopped using it and why? How did the stock red tie shaft work out, any shafts seem to work better? Was it just something different that people became excited about for a while and then fizzled? A

I spoke to a cobra rep today who stated he has fit a ton of people with the hzrdus black 75 and said the little extra weight seems to smooth out tempo for better performance. He also said the hzrdus didn't really lower the trajectory but seems to eliminate ballooning.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in how many people bought it in the free upgraded elements chrome+. I'm intrigued by the club but have to wait till Christmas time (I've overspent my golf budget) so I am hoping to find it on the cheap once winter rolls around. I'm not a huge fan of the red tie graphics, shallow I know.

I'm interested in how many people bought it in the free upgraded elements chrome+. I'm intrigued by the club but have to wait till Christmas time (I've overspent my golf budget) so I am hoping to find it on the cheap once winter rolls around. I'm not a huge fan of the red tie graphics, shallow I know.

Mine has the Chrome Shaft 6F4. I will not be selling anytime soon; excellent shaft and club.

Do you play a 3 wood and if so might I ask how heavy a shaft you play? I have a M2 with a rogue black 70 which I believe is 74grams, can't decide if I should go up to the 7F4 or the 6F4. I know the base guidance is to go heavier as you go down your fairway woods from your driver. I'm hoping the Baffler can help with my 200 yard shot. My 3 wood goes over but my 3 hybrid I max out at 185-190 controlled.

Do you play a 3 wood and if so might I ask how heavy a shaft you play? I have a M2 with a rogue black 70 which I believe is 74grams, can't decide if I should go up to the 7F4 or the 6F4. I know the base guidance is to go heavier as you go down your fairway woods from your driver. I'm hoping the Baffler can help with my 200 yard shot. My 3 wood goes over but my 3 hybrid I max out at 185-190 controlled.

I do not have a 3 wood at the moment, waiting on a hosel adapter so I can put an old UST 65 shaft in it. I do like my 3 wood shafts in the 65-70gr range though. The last one I had was a 913fd with a Diamana 70 S+.

I tried one and so far haven't gotten good results. It seems very light to me. Hard to hit solid. Maybe need to try a heavier shaft.

Well, like I said in my original post, the Cobra rep told me he has fit tons of golfers with hzrdus black 75 at 6.0 in their f6 bafflers. It's a heavier and stiffer shaft which is probably better for the steeper swing encouraged by the baffler.

I tried one and so far haven't gotten good results. It seems very light to me. Hard to hit solid. Maybe need to try a heavier shaft.

Well, like I said in my original post, the Cobra rep told me he has fit tons of golfers with hzrdus black 75 at 6.0 in their f6 bafflers. It's a heavier and stiffer shaft which is probably better for the steeper swing encouraged by the baffler.

Never been able to hit Project X shafts. Just pulled an LZ from a Callaway XR Pro because they just don't seem to load right for me. Going to give Tour Blue and Rogue Black a shot.

I stumbled upon the baffler at my local shop. Had some store credit and nothing else there peaked my interest so the baffler made the trip home. Kinda like the concept of it with the rails and all. Hit a few shots at the range with it, seemed alright. Will take it to the course tomorrow and i hope it plays as good as it looks.

Was kinda wondering why i bought such a weird club, but was happy to see others are playing it and having success.

I just picked one up last week with a hzrdus shaft. Took it to the range yesterday for the first time. Hit about 5-10 balls with it and it felt great. I have it down at 16 to fill the gap between that and my 4 hybrid. I have it in the bag for the round tomorrow. I think it may be in the bag for a while too.

When I first bought it with the red tie, it was easy to hit straight but launched really high and with any wind, I was losing a lot of distance. So I threw in a Tour Green which was a better launch but soon found myself having trouble being accurate with it. Moved on to my current Srixon H45 19* and am hitting it so much better than I did the Baffler. The Baffler is an awesome club, I just find more forgiveness with the hybrid right now.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Nike VFP  4i KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping i230 5-P KBS CTL 115x ss1x

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

It's my favorite club and it's not even close

Agreed - I think its really a preference on how you build your bag and also if you're a hybrid club user, which I am not as I have owned a handful and was awful with them all (yes I know indian not the arrow). I dumped a wedge and put this in to cover the gap between my 3 iron and 3 wood which was like 30-35 yards and I am flat out awful at trying to filet a 3 wood to a shorter yardage.

Playability is second to none. Gets out of any lie, I play a few balls out of divots every time I go the range just for fun. I will say for me personally it does tend to favor a draw shape a bit easier than fade or cut.

I put a heavier shaft in it (85g Aldila Tour Blue) and its set at 17.5 - I enjoy the high launch especially into the greens as it has zero issue holding them. Off the tee you can move it toward the middle of your stance a bit more and it the trajectory is a little more boring. This was a club I had a very specific distance in mind (250-255), which it fits to a tee, but if you're looking for a 3 wood replacement to boom off the tee I don't know that this is the go to option as there are plenty of fairway woods out there that would be longer.

For me personally; the shorter shaft, the ability to get out of any lie, the smaller head, and the ability to zero in on the distance gap I wanted to cover make this the most hittable club in the bag excluding the scoring clubs.

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

I have one with a Tour Green and while I love it. It's not the be all end all club. It's biggest benefit is out of the rough. It plays more like a hybrid than a fairway wood and I can not control it off the tee. Has a case of the lefts where my DHY does not. I really only use it on par 5's where I miss the fairway, but it is a great club for what it is — a true rescue club.

TM M4 8.5 Atmos Red

TM Original One Mini 13.5 Diamana F

TM Sim TI 5 wood Diamana F

Sub 70 TAIII 4&5 KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 649 6-P KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 286 50,54 KBS $-Taper Lite

Edel D-Grind 58 KBS Tour Rev 2.0

LAB Directed Force 2.1 73* 

I have one with a Tour Green and while I love it. It's not the be all end all club. It's biggest benefit is out of the rough. It plays more like a hybrid than a fairway wood and I can not control it off the tee. Has a case of the lefts where my DHY does not. I really only use it on par 5's where I miss the fairway, but it is a great club for what it is — a true rescue club.

Unusual that you can't control it off the tee which is where you can give yourself a perfect lie. Probably a matter of moving it back in your stance which is probably where you would hit it if using a hybrid, and you do say it plays more like a hybrid, which to me would be a good thing since I tend to be a better iron and hybrid player than a fairway wood player.

Maybe some of the guys who are hitting it well off of various lies can chime in to say how they hit it off various lies and what adjustments if any they made to get desired results.

I bought mine when the pre-orders started...got it with the free upgrade Tour Blue 75. Its been one of my 2 favorite clubs in my bag. I cranked it up to (18.5 & 19) still deciding which one I like best...but its fun to hit. I can hit it almost as far as my 4 wood (tee only club). To me its more like a hybrid then a fairway wood, but man it just goes. Its not going anywhere for me.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

Love this club. Shafted with a Diamana D+ 83 that has given me more consistency. Love it off the tee and off the ground.

Originally bought it to replace a 19* hybrid/wood, but found it too long to fill that 220-225y slot. So I dumped my current 3 wood, turned the Baffler down to 16.5* and got a 21* hybrid.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

I really like mine a lot. Ive got it with the HZRDUS 75 6.5 flex as well. I like heavier shafts, and was disappointed with the lack of 80 gram no upcharge items, but for some reason this club feels right. Ive got the same shaft in my driver, and a Black Tie 8M.3 in my SLDR 3 wood - but thanfully dropping back down to the 75 gram doesnt bother me like I feared it might.

Second those who said its solid off of any lie, and better out of the rough.

Anyone tried the stock red tie shaft in x flex? Are the stock red tie shafts playing slightly on the weaker side?

Just purchased it with this shaft. Havent had a chance to get out and give it a shot, but will update once I do

I just remember how the previous generation Red Tie played a little stiffer in the Adams XTD driver so I was wondering how the current one used in the Baffler feels. I would lean towards an x flex unless the stiff is playing like an x-stiff

I have now had a chance to take the club on the course and it was even better there than on the range. I have it in the HZRDUS cranked down to 16. I flew it onto green from 238 and had it stick about 12 feet after the pitch mark. It's definitely not going anywhere anytime soon if it does that for me. I really just wish I could play it at 15 or 15.5. It would help my gapping a bit more but it's fine where it is now. It is pretty good off the few tees that I hit it, but the club really shines off the deck.

I also did an end of season bag adjustment at my local shop where they bent irons and made sure my gapping was correct. You could throw a beach towel over the dispersion of the 3-4 shots I hit into the simulator. Carrying about 235-240 on average. I am so far very happy with the purchase.