Scotty Cameron Custom Shop putter question

LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
New shaft at a longer length
I have a question concerning the SC Custom shop. I have just read a post at the RCFC that a gentleman states that he sent in a putter or putters that weighed 350 grams and was able to get a 35" shaft installed on the 350 gram putter (putters). I have the following FAQ from the Cameron website:

Q: Why can you only change length 1/2 inch?

A: We can only add or subtract 1/2 inch because any additional length changes will significantly affect the swing weight and balance of your putter.

I am not debating his post but I know there are some people here that have had close contacts to Cameron and I am confused if the post is true why they do not follow the above FAQ. I happen to like the 35" shaft with the heavier head. Anyone know for sure about this situation. Thanks in advance. image/help.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />

Comments

• pitbull808pitbull808 Putter Hoarder Marshals Posts: 9,367 mod
    Michael...I must have missed that post over at SCFC. That's unusual because I too always thought the same that 1/2" plus or minus was the only change they would do.
  • dwengerlefty04dwengerlefty04 Members Posts: 217
    You're right that they say they will only change it a half inch either way, but if you say in the notes section that you want it at a specific length then they will do it for you. I have no close contact to Scotty and they did it for me no problem. Same with the stamping of letters or initials- they'll do it on the bumpers if you want, all you have to do is state that in the notes section.
  • MarLinMarLin Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Yep, you just have to be very clear in your notes you attach to the putter that you want the length to play at 35", and that you realize it goes against Scotty's philospophy of weight/length balance.

I sent in a 33"/350g Mil-Spec and asked them to make it 34". Sure enough I get it back and it's 33.5". I sent Dan a note and he said to send it back collect, and they'd replace the shaft and make it 34".
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    Thank you all for replying to my post. I appreciate your responses and this is good to know. I do favor another putter maker but I may have to try a Cameron putter that I am interested in and have it altered to 35". I would never doubt Cameron's putter expertise but at my old age and after more than 40 years playing the great game of golf I do like the feel of the 35" shaft with a heavier head.

Reid, great to see you reply and I hope all is well in the "land of paradise". I hope I have picked the correct holiday wish for you. You represent Golfwrx at the highest level. image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' /> image/friends.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dntknw:' />

"Mele Kalikimaka me ka Hau'oli Makahiki Hou"

I wish everyone good tidings and please take care of your health everyone. Michael
  • pitbull808pitbull808 Putter Hoarder Marshals Posts: 9,367 mod
    You got it right Michael. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too! image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />