picture in picture "playing through commercials"

1235»

Comments

• EmerichEmerich Members Posts: 115 ✭✭
    Who said these were additional commercials?
  • Lagavulin62Lagavulin62 Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭
    Emerich wrote:

StiffShaft wrote:

This picture in picture "playing through commercials" garbage is the most evil form of advertising that i could imagine. The golf is tiny and no sound. I totally miss everything that happens. I'd rather just watch commercials. I pray they don't make this standard for all tournaments. I have a bad feeling

Really? Seeing SOME action is worse than seeing NO action? I don't mean to be rude, but that makes no sense whatsoever.

It makes no sense to you because you are a willing participant of what is happening and you have no clue of what they are doing. To put it more bluntly, you’re a useful idiot.

Currently they are supposedly giving us the same amount of coverage, maybe even more with the small screen. But how long do you think that will last? It’s all about conditioning the patient. Look at how every sporting event is loaded with meaningless advertising and stats at the bottom of the screen. And any channel has the subtle logo somewhere on the screen at all times. You know where this is going.
  • StiffShaftStiffShaft Members Posts: 162 ✭✭
  • Bingo1976Bingo1976 Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    I have no issues with commercials if they are not so frequent (say max 10 minutes an hour) and the content in between is of good quality (i.e. not talking heads, commercial plugs and endless 3 foot putts and overhead or leaderboard type shots)
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Matrix Ozik R[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]HiRev[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/font]
  • Bluefan75Bluefan75 Members Posts: 3,872 ✭✭
    Bingo1976 wrote:

I have no issues with commercials if they are not so frequent (say max 10 minutes an hour) and the content in between is of good quality (i.e. not talking heads, commercial plugs and endless 3 foot putts and overhead or leaderboard type shots)

So basically no US network is ever going to not be an issue with you. That's what sucks about it. because I would be in the same boat as you. If they would show golf, it wouldn't be as bad.

Thought just popped into my head: are US broadcasts so bad because the networks don't feel much pressure to put a good product since Beman mandated many years ago a sponsor of a tournament buy a large portion of the ad time for that week or throughout the year? Maybe they've been under the impression they are playing with house money, so....
    They do this every tournament now. We have lost
  • Showtime9Showtime9 MonsterHeel Members Posts: 160 ✭✭
    First world problems at its finest
  • golfer07840golfer07840 Smart ass from Northwest NJMembers Posts: 1,686 ✭✭
    StiffShaft wrote:

This picture in picture "playing through commercials" garbage is the most evil form of advertising that i could imagine. The golf is tiny and no sound. I totally miss everything that happens. I'd rather just watch commercials. I pray they don't make this standard for all tournaments. I have a bad feeling

This post aged very very well.

Opinions are my own and are never to be taken seriously.
    and for God's sake, if you're going to whine about Jim Nantz, have the respect to spell his name correctly.
    WITTB:
    Driver: Callaway XHot Pro 9* Stiff
    3W: Tour Edge Exotics 13* Stiff
    3-4 HY: Callaway Rogue Stiff
    5-PW: Callaway Rogue Stiff steel, True Temper
    48* Titleist, 52* Callaway
    Putter: Nike Method
    Ball: ProV1 -- or whatever I find in the woods while looking for my ProV1

• BreakingParBreakingPar Recovering golf club and golf ball hoarder... Members Posts: 2,320 ✭✭
    StiffShaft wrote:

They do this every tournament now. We have lost

Here, watch this tiny ash bit of golf while we tell you about some other golf tourney where we will repeat the same idiocy!

I didn’t tune in to watch a commercial about golf while you pretend to show the actual golf that I tuned in to watch you buffoons!

I’ve been tearing my hair out!
    WITB:
    GBB Epic 9* Graphite Design Tour AD TP-6x
    (Blank for now)
    R15 3H Aldila Rogue Black 85
    Apex UT 21* KBS Tour V
    MP-18 MMC 5 - PW Nippon Modus 120
    50* T7, 56* EF ATV
    Spider Tour Black
  • bogeykbogeyk Members Posts: 992 ✭✭
    I just wish the director would be conscious of what’s on air. Zooming from a crane or the blimp to show if or where Bello’s ball crossed the hazard on 18 was a waste since it was pip.
  • sjt4718sjt4718 Members Posts: 326 ✭✭

real question.... has anyone here bought anything due to a TV commercial since they were 12? I cannot think of a single thing that i have .....TV commercials are so 1984..... we just dont ingest info that way anymore... we ignore them completely..
  • sjt4718sjt4718 Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    I think with marketing in general it is a little more complicated and sinister than we would like to believe. The subconscious is fully aware of these products and marketing schemes and they are embedded and consciously or not we are affected to a large degree. To say it doesn't influence a buying decision is hard to tell at times because the marketing has penetrated our minds. If it didn't at some level these corporations would cut their marketing drastically and rely on the quality/ price of their products to influence sales.
  • GhostwedgeGhostwedge Members Posts: 653 ✭✭
    I DVR all the tournaments. When it goes to “pic/commercial” i can’t hit the FF fast enough.

It’s the 6th hole in the first round ADIDOS, i’m turning your 4.5 hours of coverage into 3 max.

Life is to short, got things to do like play golf.
  • Broessner71Broessner71 Members Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Golf channel has become the ultimate sellout in minimal actual coverage and all commercials and creating storylines that don’t exist.

I hate this so much

• handicap122003handicap122003 Members Posts: 141 ✭✭

And what’s with the ball flights from the blimp and they don’t show the golfers actual swing the location is always wrong anyway horrible idea

• chivachiva Members Posts: 2,477 ✭✭

@handicap122003 said:
    And what’s with the ball flights from the blimp and they don’t show the golfers actual swing the location is always wrong anyway horrible idea

^^^^^^ This x infinity

OB and water hazards you flunkies