We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

Nike RZN stockpiling worth it?

14567810»

Comments

• gamesgames Argue for your limitations and they are yours. Des Moines 1830WRX Points: 211Members Posts: 1,830
    Just picked up another 3 dozen at an undisclosed location that has a ton of the practice Plats listed at $14.99. But, they secretly ring up at $7.49! image/pimp.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pimp:' />
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • trackcoach13trackcoach13 NJ 1095WRX Points: 266Members Posts: 1,095
    games wrote:

Just picked up another 3 dozen at an undisclosed location that has a ton of the practice Plats listed at $14.99. But, they secretly ring up at $7.49! image/pimp.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pimp:' />

Could you get me some? Is it a place that will ship to NJ?
    Posted:
    Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
    3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
    2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
    Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
    Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
    Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • gamesgames Argue for your limitations and they are yours. Des Moines 1830WRX Points: 211Members Posts: 1,830

games wrote:

Edit: It's my local Dunham's. They don't have an Internet storefront. Check out one near you?
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    games wrote:

games wrote:

National sporting goods chain that doesn't have an Internet storefront.

No online presence? Guess I am out of luck? image/cray.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cry:' /> image/cray.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cry:' /> image/cray.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cry:' /> image/cray.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cry:' />
    Posted:

games wrote:

games wrote:

No online presence? Guess I am out of luck? image/cray.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cry:' /> image/cray.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cry:' /> image/cray.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cry:' /> image/cray.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cry:' />

Edited my prior post. Check out Dunham's if you have one in your area. Mine sells them in plastic bags. They've been around so long the plastic ties have become undone and the balls have fallen out of the bags, laying loose in the rack they sit in.
    Posted:
    games wrote:

games wrote:

games wrote:

Edited my prior post. Check out Dunham's if you have one in your area. Mine sells them in plastic bags. They've been around so long the plastic ties have become undone and the balls have fallen out of the bags, laying loose in the rack they sit in.

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I don't have a Dunhams within 100 miles of me. At $7.49 I would have bought 10 or more dozen.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • lil'mikelil'mike  1298WRX Points: 86Members Posts: 1,298
    games wrote:

Has anyone else able to get these at stores in their area for the same price of $7.49??
    Posted:
  • Xdmike20Xdmike20  106WRX Points: 37Members Posts: 106

I headed out to my local course this morning to test the RZN Plat to the new TP5. I couldn't really swing my driver well this morning so it was hard to tell which one was better but when it came to irons and wedges there was definitely a difference. I found the TP5 to carry about 8-10yds longer with almost as much spin. The TP5 would hit and stop pretty much right by its mark. The Plat, even though shorter, usually stopped and spun back a bit. So for the guys that are wondering what to switch to after they run out, I would say the TP5 is the closest thing to it. Hopefully I can get back out and swing a bit better with the Driver for more testing

Posted:
    DRIVER- Cobra LTD (Ozik Black Tie)[/font][/color]
    3 WOOD- Cobra Fly-Z (Ozik White Tie)[/font][/color]
    HYBRID- Cobra Bio Cell (19* Project X)[/font][/color]
    IRONS- Cobra Pro CB 2008 (Soft stepped PX6.0)[/font][/color]
    GAP- Vokey SM4 50*[/font][/color]
    SAND- Vokey SM5 54* S grind[/font][/color]
    LOB- Vokey SM5 58* S grind[/font][/color]
    PUTTER- Odyssey O-works 1W red[/font][/color]
    BALL- Nike RZN Tour Platinum(until my stash is gone)[/font][/color]
  • Hammer22Hammer22  597WRX Points: 146Members Posts: 597

Had over 60 dozen of the RZN TP's and sold them all off once I started playing the Project (a). Love that ball - softer than the TP, a hair longer (for me, at least), and sticks beautifully on the greens. Tried a TP5 and really couldn't tell any difference - other than the price. Luckily there are a lot of fans of the Nike balls since they were all unloaded within a week.

Posted:
    nflam-button.png
  • yamahayamaha  9WRX Points: 36Members Posts: 9

On -, @Hammer22 said:

Had over 60 dozen of the RZN TP's and sold them all off once I started playing the Project (a). Love that ball - softer than the TP, a hair longer (for me, at least), and sticks beautifully on the greens. Tried a TP5 and really couldn't tell any difference - other than the price. Luckily there are a lot of fans of the Nike balls since they were all unloaded within a week.

I have been using the Project A's since they came out, they feel like the Noodle Rotini to me around greens but carry well and don't misbehave off of the driver(rotini's were bad about that)

For some reason I buy every box of Nike Mojo's I come across, they work well for me but lack a little feel.

Posted:
  • BreezyBrett20BreezyBrett20  81WRX Points: 34Members Posts: 81

Thinking of trying the Black, I have tried the TP5 and Z-Star and haven’t loved either

Posted:

Advertisement
  • obsessed_golferobsessed_golfer  666WRX Points: 95Members Posts: 666

Can't believe guys are still finding these in stores. None around here in Mass for a long time.

Posted:
  • Always_roughAlways_rough  487WRX Points: 117Members Posts: 487

Had bought 20 dozen, and finally down to my last box of RZN Tour Blacks. The best ball I've ever played, hands down. Really wish I would have bought more when I had the chance. I've tested out just about every ball, and the only thing that seems close are the Srixon's or the Bridgestone's. Just not the same though.

Posted:
    Got 14 daggum golf clubs, but none of 'em hit the ball straight.

(1W) M3 440
    (3W) 917 F3
    (3i) MP-18 fli hi
    (4i-PW) JPX 900 Tour
    (52, 56, 60) SM6
    Oven B1-01
  • doubledubdoubledub  84WRX Points: 42ClubWRX Posts: 84

I used to play RZN tour blacks and loved them. Hopped between tp5/tp5x since they were discontinued. Tried the Srixon XV after a rep gave me two free sleeves and I think it is as close to RZN black as anything I have played. Same slick hard cover that I loved off the putter (I know I'm weird for that preference). Seems to perform very even with TP5/x off the tee (maybe a little easier to draw) and more predictable around the greens. It will roll out when you are trying to play that shot and it will stop dead when you open the face and really nip one. Love the ball just wish I didn't have 3 dozen personalized TP5 hanging around now.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.