Nike RZN stockpiling worth it?

Comments

• David81David81 Members Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Has anyone compared the RZN Platinum to the '17 Z Star ... trying to figure out which one to stock up on.
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Members Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    David81 wrote:

Has anyone compared the RZN Platinum to the '17 Z Star ... trying to figure out which one to stock up on.

Personal preference but they really aren't the same for me. Z-Star may have a tad more bite on the greens but RZN Tour Plantinum is the ball I am loading up on. Like it so much I am going to sell all 8 dozen of my Ksigs.
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • acy274acy274 Members Posts: 745 ✭✭
    FYI my Nike Factory store had RZN Black Volt (not Tour Black) for $7.97, plus another 30% off. Unfortunately, someone cleaned them out before I got there and there was only 1 single dozen left. Oh well, not like I need any more balls anyways lol.
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    acy274 wrote:

FYI my Nike Factory store had RZN Black Volt (not Tour Black) for $7.97, plus another 30% off. Unfortunately, someone cleaned them out before I got there and there was only 1 single dozen left. Oh well, not like I need any more balls anyways lol.

My factory store by me says they havent gotten any balls in a year or so but to check a different nike store in the area that isnt an outlet store.

We'll see tommorow
  • Intergraz17Intergraz17 Members Posts: 45
    Break81 wrote:

David81 wrote:

Personal preference but they really aren't the same for me. Z-Star may have a tad more bite on the greens but RZN Tour Plantinum is the ball I am loading up on. Like it so much I am going to sell all 8 dozen of my Ksigs.

I have played both, and you cannot go wrong with either. I agree that Zstars are maybe a bit better on the green. Platinums are a touch firmer and slightly prefer the feel, but both great. I would go with the Z stars personally at this point just because you will be able to find them, but as far as performance you cannot go wrong with either.
    Dicks has a deal with two boxes of the RZN black, speed, or tour platinum for $50 ($25 ea)

Break81 wrote:

David81 wrote:

I have played both, and you cannot go wrong with either. I agree that Zstars are maybe a bit better on the green. Platinums are a touch firmer and slightly prefer the feel, but both great. I would go with the Z stars personally at this point just because you will be able to find them, but as far as performance you cannot go wrong with either.

Yes both are great. As far as running out of inventory, Roger Dunn told me they bought over 3000 dozen of the RZN Platinum and have plenty left. They do not sell dozens , but sleeves for $4.99. I already have 4 dozen and am seriously considering getting 4 more.. that should keep me good for the rest of 2017.
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • TheLetterSeeTheLetterSee Members Posts: 580
    A course near me is selling RZN Prototypes for $30 a dozen. Might have to get 1 or 12.
    [font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Channeling my inner Stenson and using 3 wood off the tee.[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Taylormade M2 Tour 15* - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70 S[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Cobra F7 3-4 Hybrid 19.5* - Aldila Rogue Black 85H X
    Cobra King Pro CB 4-PW - Project X 6.5
    Callaway MD3 Black Shamrock LE - 50, 54, 58 - Tour Issue DG S200
    [/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Bettinardi Queen B 8 35.25" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord w/ 4 wraps under top hand[/font]
  • joliver233joliver233 Members Posts: 352 ✭✭✭✭
    I really did like the RZN Tour Black, and wanted to like the platinum, but those balls were done after one wedge. By far the least durable ball I've ever played.
    WITB:

D: 9* G400 LST w/Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05/X
    3W: 14.5* Cobra F8+ w/Even Flow Blue X
    Irons: 716 AP2 3-PW w/KBS C-Taper S+
    Wedges: 50* SM6; 54* S-Grind, 58* X-Grind MD4 w/DG s400
    Putter: Spider Tour Black
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV
  • chriswsurprenantchriswsurprenant Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    I'm sitting on 15 dozen at the moment. Have about 2 dozen Project As to go through before I can get to them. Looking forward to finally playing them after a few months of looking at the box.
  • McgeenoMcgeeno Members Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha glad I'm not alone.

I'm up to nine dozen. One guy in town is buying up the tour plats and white tour blacks, luckily I play the volt color almost exclusively so I have scooped those up.

I play 80-100 rounds a season so I'm not sure how much I'll have overall, but I will be stocked up for at least 1-2 seasons if I use other balls for less important rounds.

In my small town there are only two places that sell them, so the one guy at the till told me its me and one other fan buying them all up. At least he's not stepping on my turf and leaving me the ones I like, LOL.
  • thebadbaronthebadbaron Clemson Tigers Members Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Nike golf balls are currently on sale at dicks 2 dozen black or platinum for $50, 2 dozen red or white for $40
  • leomessi10leomessi10 Members Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last week I was by myself and tee'd off with a 2016 plat and a 2015 volt black and the black went at least 10 yards further each hole. One hole I hit a perfect draw with the plat and a double cross fade with the black. I thought the plat would have won by a few yards but the black was still 13 yards ahead.

The distance is great and the greenside spin is amazing with the black. I struggle to see why the plat is so popular.
  • IsleOfManIsleOfMan Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭
    Edwin Watts Outlet in Orlando has RZN Platinum Olympic Metal Sleeves for $4/each. Grabbed 8 sleeves last time I was down, then another 2-dozen in boxes at the Nike Outlet in Pigeon Forge for ~$15/dozen after the 30% off.
    Cobra King F8+ Driver 10.5* | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S
    Cobra King F8 3/4w 14.5* | Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
    Cobra King F8 5/6w 17.5* |
    Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font] 4h 22* | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S
    Cobra Bio Cell + 5i - Gw | TT Dynalite Gold XP S300
    Cobra King WideLow 56* & 60* | TT Dynamic Gold S200
    Cleveland TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB Putter | 35" Counterbalance
    Ogio OZone Cart | Ogio Shredder Stand
    | Orlimar Pitch & Putt Stand
  • Gh05tGh05t DONT DEAL WITH ME, CANT BE TRUSTED...GO DUCKS Members Posts: 901
    anyone near Tucson coming across any black/plat at the Nike outlets? called yesterday and they didn't have any but said they have gotten some, no idea if they are getting more. under $10 a dz is a steal
    Gamers: Backups:
    Taylormade 17M2 10.5 UST Proforce V2 7F5 Callaway 816 DBD Diamana D+ 70X
    Taylomade 17M2 3w Hzrdus Red 6.0 Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue 70s I/O
    Ping Crossover 4 21* blue dot Tour Ad 95X Nike Covert Forged 4-AW DG S300
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 5-PW DG X100 Cobra Trusty Tour 52/60 King 56 DG S200
    Cleveland RTX588 2.0 50/58 RTX3 54 DG wedgeflex Nike Method Concept C1/Taylormade Ghost Tour Black Maranello
    Odyssey Oworks 7s Red Maxfli 4.0 Stand Bag(green/white.....Go Ducks!)
    Nike Air Sport III stand bag
  • LL75LL75 Members Posts: 124

Nike golf balls are currently on sale at dicks 2 dozen black or platinum for $50, 2 dozen red or white for $40

use 10 dollars off with purchase of $50.00 20 bucks a dozen.
    Driver - Titleist 917 D3 with Oban Kyoshi gold S-flex.
    3 Wood - TItleist 910h 15*
    3 wood v-speed 15.5* with fubuki shaft
    Irons 4 to PW. Callaway Apex with UST Shaft
    Wedges Titleist Vokey 60* , and 56*
    Putter - Scotty Golo Select
    Ball- chrome soft
    IsleOfMan wrote:

Edwin Watts Outlet in Orlando has RZN Platinum Olympic Metal Sleeves for $4/each. Grabbed 8 sleeves last time I was down, then another 2-dozen in boxes at the Nike Outlet in Pigeon Forge for ~$15/dozen after the 30% off.

Was this recently at the edwin watts outlet on I-drive in Orlando? I'll go tommorow if so. The Nike outlet on I-drive unfortunately has no balls right now but the clearance store has them.
    LL75 wrote:

use 10 dollars off with purchase of $50.00 20 bucks a dozen.

whats the code for $10 off $50?
  • IsleOfManIsleOfMan Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭

IsleOfMan wrote:

Was this recently at the edwin watts outlet on I-drive in Orlando? I'll go tommorow if so. The Nike outlet on I-drive unfortunately has no balls right now but the clearance store has them.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it wasn't at the outlet, it was at the regular Edwin Watts on the other side of I-4, on an end cap up front near the registers. They had all three aluminum sleeve colors (red, blue, silver) but they're all Platinum balls. The balls have the Olympic Rings logo on them too.
    Cobra King F8+ Driver 10.5* | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S
    Cobra King F8 3/4w 14.5* | Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
    Cobra King F8 5/6w 17.5* |
    Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font] 4h 22* | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S
    Cobra Bio Cell + 5i - Gw | TT Dynalite Gold XP S300
    Cobra King WideLow 56* & 60* | TT Dynamic Gold S200
    Cleveland TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB Putter | 35" Counterbalance
    Ogio OZone Cart | Ogio Shredder Stand
    | Orlimar Pitch & Putt Stand
  • Burt ChanceBurt Chance I'm just here for the free beer. Members Posts: 800 ✭✭
    Local shop has the RZN Plat for $16.99 a dozen.
    Nike Vapor Speed TW Driver 10.5 °
    TM M2 3W-15°
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 Iron 17°
    TaylorMade M1 3 Rescue 19°
    TaylorMade RSi TP Forged 4-PW
    Nike Engage 50 & 54 ° SS 60° DS
    Ping Karsten 1959 Anser 2
  • ShakesterShakester Members Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pusb365 wrote:
    Tempted to buy a load of these as there's a good deal on the Nike UK website.

Only thing is I've never tried them so it's a bit of a risk. And I'm not sure on whether to go for Platinum or Black.

I have a fairly high SS, and hit the ball a bit too high with my irons with too much spin.

I'm guessing the Black would be better?

My driver swing speed is at 109 with a very high ball flight and with my irons, i have the same problem as you. I'd spin my approach shots off the green if it's in the front . I've tried the black and the platinum and have put the platinum in my bag with great results. Played the platinums for two years and they worked great.
    Taylormade M3 Driver (UST Mamiya Chrome Elements Stiff Shaft) 9.5
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood 18
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Select Newport 2.5
    Titleist AVX, TP5 and Pro V1
    IsleOfMan wrote:

IsleOfMan wrote:

Now that I'm thinking about it, it wasn't at the outlet, it was at the regular Edwin Watts on the other side of I-4, on an end cap up front near the registers. They had all three aluminum sleeve colors (red, blue, silver) but they're all Platinum balls. The balls have the Olympic Rings logo on them too.

They're all out of the olympic tins, ya'll tourists took 'em all lol

They have some Tour Platinum sleeves for $4 so I grabbed a few of those.

Waiting on my Nike coupon code for any more.
  • UhitUhit Members Posts: 861
    joliver233 wrote:

I really did like the RZN Tour Black, and wanted to like the platinum, but those balls were done after one wedge. By far the least durable ball I've ever played.

Same here...

...tried the Tour Black in yellow.

A really great ball, as long as you don´t hit it with a wedge...

...one wedge shot, and they are done.
  • 814willowbeach814willowbeach Members Posts: 68
    Have to agree with uhit. The blacks and plats get chewed up pretty easy.
  • OrangeCrushOrangeCrush Members Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got a chance to try the Platinums on the course a couple weeks ago. It was my 1st rd in 7mths so while there was some ugly swings, overall I liked the ball. I tried the new Srixon XV and the Snell MTB as well, did NOT care for the XV at all. It was too firm for my liking. The MTB is a VERY nice ball!! I bought 10 sleeves of the Nikes at $4.00ea so those will be my early season ball.
    Callaway GBB 9* Diamana Kai'LI 70S
    Callaway RFE 9.5* Diamana Kai'LI 70S
    Callaway RFE 16.5* 4 wood Diamana Kai'Li 80S
    Callaway RFE 21.5* 7 wood UST V2 Tour 86gr
    Callaway Apex 4/Apex Pro 5-PW H45 heads Aerotech i110
    Callaway MD3 52-10/58-09 S Grind
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 2016

Instagram Link
    https://www.instagram.com/michaelfrederickphotography/?hl=en
    [twitter]BigDudeGuy72[/twitter]
    Tommorow is $13.99 nike RZN Platinum day!
  • kwboiekwboie duger Members Posts: 16 ✭✭

Where?! I need more details.
    kwboie wrote:

Where?! I need more details.

At your local Nike Outlet store if they have any in stock - with Nike+ coupon code.
    edited May 12, 2017 #210
    So I already had 5 dozen but was able to pick up 4 more dozen for $19.96 ea. The only thing is I get home and open up the sleeves and they all have weird logos. No notice on the boxes and not worth my time to drive back to that store to return.

Has anyone else seen these?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    rzn.jpg 48.8K
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1 Members Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Break81 wrote:
    So I already had 5 dozen but was able to pick up 4 more dozen for $19.96 ea. The only thing is I get home and open up the sleeves and they all have weird logos. No notice on the boxes and not worth my time to drive back to that store to return.

Has anyone else seen these?

I think those were last years US Open release.
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w/Tensei Orange 60 S
    Ping G410 3(14.5) w/Diamana Ahina 70 S
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW w/Modus 120 Stiff

TM Milled Grind Black 52 SB and 58 LB w/Modus Tour 125 Wedge
    TM TP Black Copper Mullen 2

TM TP5 Pix

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file