Arccos 360 - (Updated 2.0 Version)

12346»

Comments

• YossarianPasoYossarianPaso Members Posts: 11
    Hi there,

I have been a fan of Arccos for a couple of years. A few questions for the expert users:

- if anyone here is still using the original Arccos, as you know there is a diagnostic test that tells you how much charge is left in the battery. Based on your experience, how low can it go before it starts missing shots? I have a feeling that when you are under 55%, you have to replace it

- They have rolled in one of the last software release something called (in the options menu) "smart putt detection". I can't find any reference in their website on what it does. What I noticed is that sometimes, after I finish one hole, it changes the number of putts (increasing it by 1). I am a very bad putter, and it's almost like it does not believe when I 1-putt a hole image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />. My assumption is that it makes a self correction for the people who don't look at the app during the entire round

- have you ever noticed that sometimes you finish the round, you look at the score posted in the cellphone app, and then a few minutes (sometimes hours) later, it changes by +- 1 stroke?
  • Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Members Posts: 6,680 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have been a fan of Arccos for a couple of years. A few questions for the expert users:

- if anyone here is still using the original Arccos, as you know there is a diagnostic test that tells you how much charge is left in the battery. Based on your experience, how low can it go before it starts missing shots? I have a feeling that when you are under 55%, you have to replace it

- They have rolled in one of the last software release something called (in the options menu) "smart putt detection". I can't find any reference in their website on what it does. What I noticed is that sometimes, after I finish one hole, it changes the number of putts (increasing it by 1). I am a very bad putter, and it's almost like it does not believe when I 1-putt a hole image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />. My assumption is that it makes a self correction for the people who don't look at the app during the entire round

- have you ever noticed that sometimes you finish the round, you look at the score posted in the cellphone app, and then a few minutes (sometimes hours) later, it changes by +- 1 stroke?

I’d agree with battery level.

You’re correct in your assessment about smart putting. I have it turned off as it was doing the same thing as your experience.

Never noticed the third point.
  • thaarthaar Best 3-putter in town! Members Posts: 960 ✭✭
    thaar wrote:

Caddie 2.0 is now live for Android users. I'm excited to see how it performs - I'm playing the next couple days, one on my home course and another on a completely unfamiliar course. Should be a good synopsis on how well it works. I'll report back later this week.

Caddie 2.0 still needs a bit of work for me. It had some very questionable suggestions on a couple holes. I'll still reference it on courses I'm not familiar with, but I don't think the algorithm is refined enough yet to solely rely on it. I'm sure it will get better with time though. Arccos has done a good job lately trying to improve the overall system, so I look forward to seeing improvements over time.
    Huge thanks to Cobra and WRX!

Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
    Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
    Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
    Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
    Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
    Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
    Edel E-1
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 9,889 ✭✭
    thaar wrote:

thaar wrote:

Caddie 2.0 is now live for Android users. I'm excited to see how it performs - I'm playing the next couple days, one on my home course and another on a completely unfamiliar course. Should be a good synopsis on how well it works. I'll report back later this week.

Caddie 2.0 still needs a bit of work for me. It had some very questionable suggestions on a couple holes. I'll still reference it on courses I'm not familiar with, but I don't think the algorithm is refined enough yet to solely rely on it. I'm sure it will get better with time though. Arccos has done a good job lately trying to improve the overall system, so I look forward to seeing improvements over time.

Mine balked and refused to work on my first round after Caddie 2.0 went active (my sixth round overall). So I haven't seen it yet but hope to try it out this weekend.

Does it only give suggestions for tee shots on Par 4's and Par 5's? As in hit driver or lay up with something shorter?
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • thaarthaar Best 3-putter in town! Members Posts: 960 ✭✭
    Yep. One of the weird recommendations that I ignored was to go 5w, 5w to get to the green. It will then give you recommendations for your approach shot as well. It takes into account wind (if there is a weather station nearby - otherwise it uses the previous days data from my understanding) and elevation changes as well.

I was talking with some of the Cobra/Arccos guys yesterday and they are constantly refining the product to make it better. They also just hired a team of people dedicated to Android development so hopefully we Android users get updates shortly after they push it out on iOS.
    Huge thanks to Cobra and WRX!

Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
    Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
    Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
    Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
    Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
    Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
    Edel E-1
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭
    Although caddie 2.0 is an improvement, I've yet to use it. Mostly because I think it's only good for a course I haven't played, and most holes are straight driver/iron .

Having said that, I love my arccos 360. Support is great and company is constantly pushing new features.
  • mmack067mmack067 Members Posts: 701 ✭✭
    Is anyone else having strange results with the web based putting dashboard? The numbers don't make sense when toggle between All Putts and Putts per GiR. I should have more putts in the All Putts than GiR and as much as I wish I made 50+% from > 30' that's just not the case. Here's what the dashboard looks like.

Ping G400 LST - Copperhead 70TX
    '16 M1 15˚- Rogue Silver 70X
    Titleist 910H 17˚ -  Project X 7.0
    Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
    Vokey SM7 50F, 54S
    TM Milled Grind 58 SB
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red Sightline

Twitter-icon.png  lDLcKyO.png?1  

I have the same issues. The putting stats are fundamentally broken no matter how closely you edit the supposed flag locations.

Even moreso than GG, Arccos 360 is only useful for tee to green. Everything about the chipping and putting is FUBAR.
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.

I have the same issues. The putting stats are fundamentally broken no matter how closely you edit the supposed flag locations.

Even moreso than GG, Arccos 360 is only useful for tee to green. Everything about the chipping and putting is FUBAR.

Ya I have issues with some short game calculations as well. For example, when I don't putt well and miss two 4' putts for sand saves from 20+ yards then it tells me my bunker play is poor. Umm, I hit two very good bunker shots and missed two putts I should make 88% of the time...

Personally, I think they'd be better off focusing on pure strokes gained (the methodology and numbers are all available) rather than some strange Arcoss interpretation of it.
    Vokey SM7 50F, 54S
    TM Milled Grind 58 SB

• YossarianPasoYossarianPaso Members Posts: 11
    Speaking of Arccos handicap, I always wondered how they calculate the Driver one.

I am a high handicap golfer (around 22), but no matter what I do with the driver, I always get a "30+". Like the last round:

Average drive 211

Standard deviation +-23

Longest 243

Fairway hits 11/14

There was a hole where I shot in the woods and so I entered a +2 penalty.

Is it really that bad?

Speaking of Arccos handicap, I always wondered how they calculate the Driver one.

I am a high handicap golfer (around 22), but no matter what I do with the driver, I always get a "30+". Like the last round:

Average drive 211

Standard deviation +-23

Longest 243

Fairway hits 11/14

There was a hole where I shot in the woods and so I entered a +2 penalty.

Is it really that bad?

You can see the explanations for each of the categories here: https://www.arccosgolf.com/blogs/community/44154308-arccos-101-tour-analytics-explained

And yes, any penalties will really impact your strokes gained/hcp.
    Vokey SM7 50F, 54S
    TM Milled Grind 58 SB

For those interested, Arccos appears to have a learning site up now. https://www.arccosacademy.com/

This goes more in depth about how they calculate the stats, etc.

Personally, I think they needed this and hopefully they continue to expand the content.
    Vokey SM7 50F, 54S
    TM Milled Grind 58 SB

• ScottJNScottJN Members Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Do you need to phone in your front pocket if you’ve got an Apple Watch?
    ScottJN wrote:

Do you need to phone in your front pocket if you’ve got an Apple Watch?

Yes
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
  • royemansroyemans Members Posts: 58
    Is there any news when Arccos will be running on the Apple watch without the need for a phone ?
  • FlorisFloris Members Posts: 461
    edited Aug 4, 2018 #167
    Hey, long time user, mostly lurker here.

I'm in Europe, have received my 360 this morning. One sensor isn't pairing, seems to happen more often. But is anyone of you in Europe and can you tell me how long it took to replace the sensor? (Also: any hints on where to find crazy cheap sensors? I'd need 6 extra for clubs and 2 for putters..)

Haven't used it on the course yet, so can't say anything about that.
    Titleist StaDry bag
    Callaway GBB DBD 9° (D, +1)
    Callaway XR 3deep (14°)
    Callaway GBB 815 5wood (18º)
    PING i E1 4-PW
    PING Glide 50ºSS, 54ºSS, 58ºSS
    Scotty Cameron Futura X7m with SuperStroke PistolGT 2.0 CB
  • dhc1dhc1 NYCMembers Posts: 877 ✭✭
    any idea when they're going to integrate with apple watch so i don't have to have a phone in my pocket? thanks.
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭
    dhc1 wrote:

any idea when they're going to integrate with apple watch so i don't have to have a phone in my pocket? thanks.

recently, Arccos are investing heavy hours in Android part. I'd give them an email
  • dhc1dhc1 NYCMembers Posts: 877 ✭✭
    larciel wrote:

dhc1 wrote:

recently, Arccos are investing heavy hours in Android part. I'd give them an email

They just launched a product that negates the need for smartphone in pocket and also announced that an apple watch 3/4 app will be launched near March!