2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

How long do you wait, until pestering a company? UPDATE: 10/28

Circaflex

I am looking for some advice. I have two transactions that I am working on and communication has been less than stellar and I am wondering how long you guys wait until you start calling by phone or sending multiple emails?

Scenario 1:

I ordered a custom putter cover from golficonic on September 7, 2016. I saw a post on instagram that my alma mater had custom covers made, a day later I was in contact with the company and I was told they could make me one. I figured with a custom order, it could be 2-3 weeks, I was hoping for sooner as they had just done the others and hopefully had the materials and template. I waited and waited. On October 4th, 2016 I emailed them to see if there was a status update. Did not hear anything from them, waited a week and still nothing. Understanding that Columbus Day was coming up on the 10th, I waited until the 11 or 12th and used the website contact form to request a status update. Have not heard anything, but I dont want to burn any bridges because they did go out of their way to help me out.

edit 10/17 - Made contact with Justin, should be shipping out this week.

Scenario 2:

I ordered a Ball Mark Repair tool from Low Tide Putters on 9/14. I ordered one of their tools with my initials on it. Similar to my golficonic order, I sent an email on on October 4th checking in to see if there was a status update. I did not hear anything and followed the same procedure as with golficonic and used their website form to request a status update on either the 11th or 12th while I was at work. Yet to hear back.

edit 10/17 - Made contact with LowTide late on Sunday. Was told they would machine it next week, I am hoping they meant this week but because I emailed them so late they forgot it was Sunday. I will follow up some more, but if it is next week as in 10/24 Ill be bummed. Hard to take a custom putter company serious if it takes a month and a half to make a ball repair tool, but Ill report back at the end of the week. He did mention he'd throw in a ball marker for me for the hassle, which Ill admit is nice. Glad this wasn't a gift or anything.

I like to give companies the benefit of the doubt. Especially considering this was a custom head cover, it will take time. I generally like to email people because I figure they are extremely busy and can get back to me when available. Should I start pestering their phones? Send another email? Reach out via Social Media? I don't like pestering people either, because I know things take time and stuff happens, but some follow up would be nice. I get it, I didnt buy a $500+ putter from Low Tide, but I didnt think it would be close to a month without any update.

10/21 - cover is done and shipping today, repair tool is shipping monday.

10/25 UPDATE: My cover arrived last night and it is perfect. In the end, it took a little longer than I had expected and communication was less than stellar, but the cover did arrive and it is exactly as described. Now back to pestering lowtide, tool was supposed to be milled and shipped out yesterday but I havent heard anything from them. I will shoot off an email.

Heard from Josh at Low Tide, it was shipped out and will be here Thursday. I must say, Josh did a fantastic job of picking up where Zach left off. He has answered every email within a day or so, I must give him credit for that.

10/28 UPDATE: I have the cover and ball mark repair tool. I am happy with the finished product, not sure if I will use either company in the future but I did receive my products.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ordered 2 putter covers from Golf Iconic before and Justin was extremely quick in responding. However, this time has been the exact opposite. I emailed him a couple times over a 3-4 week period just to get a response as to if he could even make the putter cover I wanted. Maybe, I should have given up at that point and gone a different direction, but the other 2 putter covers I got from them were awesome so I let it slide and chalked it up to him just being busy. After getting my response I ordered the putter cover on Sept. 15th. I emailed once on 10/7 just asking for an updated timeline for shipping and got no response. I have now emailed him again today, I will let you know if he gets back to me, but regardless this is probably the last time I will use Golf Iconic as there are many other options out there.

Taylormade M3 w/ Tensei CK White-70X
Taylormade SIM 5 wood w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-80X
Sub 70 699u Pro 2 iron 17* w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-90X
Mizuno MMC 4-6 w/ Dynamic Gold- X100

Mizuno MP20 7-PW w/ Dynamic Gold-X100
Mizuno MP T20 50*, 54*, 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S-400 
Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

I have ordered 2 putter covers from Golf Iconic before and Justin was extremely quick in responding. However, this time has been the exact opposite. I emailed him a couple times over a 3-4 week period just to get a response as to if he could even make the putter cover I wanted. Maybe, I should have given up at that point and gone a different direction, but the other 2 putter covers I got from them were awesome so I let it slide and chalked it up to him just being busy. After getting my response I ordered the putter cover on Sept. 15th. I emailed once on 10/7 just asking for an updated timeline for shipping and got no response. I have now emailed him again today, I will let you know if he gets back to me, but regardless this is probably the last time I will use Golf Iconic as there are many other options out there.

Thanks for that update. I see on their instagram many colleges were having covers made, so I figured he was busy. I also sent him a message on instagram, I will update the thread if I hear from either party as well. Thanks again dearth12.

I dont understand how taking your money and blowing you off is "going out of their way to help you out" but .... there must be more to the story I guess.

R9 460 10.5 L flex 46"

COBRA Baffler XL 17* FW
COBRA Baffler XL 22* 25* 28* hybrids
Hand ground Bazooka QLS 7-PW

Component Wedges 50* 54* 60* 63*
(hand grinds) torched 

Heavy Putter B2m 38" Ust FF shaft
Rife Switchback XL (custom long neck) 34" UST FF 

I dont understand how taking your money and blowing you off is "going out of their way to help you out" but .... there must be more to the story I guess.

To be fair, the reason I stated that is because they were willing to make me a headcover using the official school logo. No other companies would do that, nor were they allowed to. It just so happened an alumn had them made for her former team and they were allowed to use the logo. The headcovers werent for the general public but they were kind enough to let one slip by for me. I am not trying to indicate they took my money and ran, I doubt that.

@dearth12 i heard back from Justin. hes been slammed with hundreds of orders, mine should be shipping out next week. hopefully he responded to you, but we have close order dates so hopefully yours will make it out next week too.

@dearth12 i heard back from Justin. hes been slammed with hundreds of orders, mine should be shipping out next week. hopefully he responded to you, but we have close order dates so hopefully yours will make it out next week too.

Thank you. I also got the same email back from Justin about the order quantity and that mine should ship next week. Hope it happens.

Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

Anytime your dealing with bespoke products you are at the mercy of their workload. Unfortunately, most companies are happy to take your money to put you in a queue, but then rarely communicate your position. Their philosophy is that if we stop working to answer every Tom, Dick & Harry's e-mail your order will take even longer. I've learned the hard lesson that I just don't have the patience to deal with "custom" anything anymore.

Still now word from low tide, guess ill be calling them monday to see whats up. No response to any emails or instagram messages. Dont think id ever trust them for any sort of custom putter, but then again maybe they communicate to buyers who spend a ton of dough.

@dearth12 any luck with a shipping email? Was hoping it would ship and get to me before Saturday, but not looking like it.

Negative on the shipping email. I am going to shoot him an email tomorrow and ask again. I understand people getting busy, but to FINALLY respond to an email and say it will ship this week and then not get that done is inexcusable.

I will update this thread if I hear anything.

Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

@dearth12 any luck with a shipping email? Was hoping it would ship and get to me before Saturday, but not looking like it.

Negative on the shipping email. I am going to shoot him an email tomorrow and ask again. I understand people getting busy, but to FINALLY respond to an email and say it will ship this week and then not get that done is inexcusable.

I will update this thread if I hear anything.

What a bummer man, not good for a first time customer. If they are truly this backed up, you'd think he would hire someone part-time or get someone to cover the customer service side of things. I dont even need a long explanation, just an email to keep me updated. I hope the covers turn out great, I dont want to deal with any sort of return or exchange and I hope they arent rushed just to get them to us.

I was hoping they would ship by today, maybe well be in for a surprise and they get sent via AIR. I dont even know where they ship from, but I hope it doesnt take another week for shipping.

Welp, yet to hear anything. Sent off another email, how the hell do companies like this stay in business? I have an out of town golf tournament next weekend, if it is not here by then I will just cancel my order or do a chargeback on the card. 2 months is unacceptable. Same goes for my repair tool.

Welp, yet to hear anything. Sent off another email, how the hell do companies like this stay in business? I have an out of town golf tournament next weekend, if it is not here by then I will just cancel my order or do a chargeback on the card. 2 months is unacceptable. Same goes for my repair tool.

Same here, sent another emailing asking if it would ship tomorrow or Saturday as those are the last days of this week to do so. Not surprised at all that I have yet to hear anything. If I don't at least get an email back tomorrow then I am canceling the order. If the communication was better I would be fine. I can understand a business getting busy, but not taking 10 seconds to shoot me a response doesn't work for me.

Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

Same here, sent another emailing asking if it would ship tomorrow or Saturday as those are the last days of this week to do so. Not surprised at all that I have yet to hear anything. If I don't at least get an email back tomorrow then I am canceling the order. If the communication was better I would be fine. I can understand a business getting busy, but not taking 10 seconds to shoot me a response doesn't work for me.

Yea I agree, especially being in the age of technology, we have email access at our fingertips. Hopefully we receive emails tonight or tomorrow, both of us should have upgraded shipping for the delay.

To be fair, the reason I stated that is because they were willing to make me a headcover using the official school logo. No other companies would do that, nor were they allowed to. It just so happened an alumn had them made for her former team and they were allowed to use the logo. The headcovers werent for the general public but they were kind enough to let one slip by for me. I am not trying to indicate they took my money and ran, I doubt that.

golf iconic is licensed by the NCAA? Might be the reason why no one else will do it.

i am still waiting for a revision on a proof i was sent. It's been about 2 months total. at this point, after multiple emails, i think ill search for a different option

[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra LTD Tensei Pro Blue 70[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Titleist 816H1 17* GD AD HY 85[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Callaway Apex 20* GD AD HY 95[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Nike Vapor Pro 4-pw Recoil 110 proto[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Vokey SM6 50-54-58 Recoil 125 proto[/font][/size][/b]

golf iconic is licensed by the NCAA? Might be the reason why no one else will do it.

They might be I am not sure.

Still no word from Justin...

I sent him an email about 30 minutes ago and he got right back to me and said the cover was finished today and shipping out. Try sending him an email right now and maybe you will get a response.

Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

I sent him an email about 30 minutes ago and he got right back to me and said the cover was finished today and shipping out. Try sending him an email right now and maybe you will get a response.

Interesting, I just sent him an email. Are you using their website form to contact them, or emailing him directly? I just replied directly to his previous email but I am wondering if he only monitors form contacts.

EDIT: just heard back done and shipping today.

Interesting, I just sent him an email. Are you using their website form to contact them, or emailing him directly? I just replied directly to his previous email but I am wondering if he only monitors form contacts.

Good to hear.

Anything from Low Tide?

Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

Good to hear.

Anything from Low Tide?

Yea, the first guy Zach never responded but Josh did. Hes been communicating with me, that will be shipping Monday and hes tossing in a few things for my troubles. Obviously, things did not go as planned, but in the end I will be happy.

Just got my tracking number, hopefully you did too @dearth12

Still no tracking for me. I guess I'll have to email again!!!

Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

Still no tracking for me. I guess I'll have to email again!!!

Hopefully they just did not send the automatic email, tracking shows Monday delivery.

Just got an email stating my repair tool has shipped. Similar to the cover the communication could've been better but in the end josh from low tide got me up to speed and stayed in contact.

Dearth12 I hope your cover arrived.

i have yet to get my updated proof for the cover

[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra LTD Tensei Pro Blue 70[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Titleist 816H1 17* GD AD HY 85[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Callaway Apex 20* GD AD HY 95[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Nike Vapor Pro 4-pw Recoil 110 proto[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Vokey SM6 50-54-58 Recoil 125 proto[/font][/size][/b]

i have yet to get my updated proof for the cover

That is unfortuneate to hear and unacceptable. I wonder if this is one reason they do not have a phone number available on the website. They should really hire an intern or someone to handle the customer service part of things. I get it, things happen, you lose staff, business increases and handling the work-load becomes difficult, but you cant let go of your core values and excellent customer service is something golficonic preaches.

I hope @dearth12 cover came in.