Srixon z565

Comments

• schulzeaschulzea Members  280WRX Points: 0Posts: 280
    Thanks, is there any benefit to comboing 565 with 765 short irons? At address, I couldn't tell the difference of the 565 from the 765 in the 6 iron. I'm typically a pretty decent ball striker, playing to an 8 hdicp. Wondering if its worth messing with the different lofts between the two or Just sticking with the 565s? Does the 765 give a more penetrating flight in the short irons? I don't want to hit moon balls with the scoring clubs either if that's what the 565 may promote. Thanks!
    Posted:
    Bio Cell +
    TEE XCG7 3 wood
    Adams DHY 21
    Adams CMB 4-Gw
    Vokey SM4 54, 58 deg
    Odyssey Tank #7
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • carreracarrera Northern CaliforniaMembers  2634WRX Points: 191Posts: 2,634 Titanium Tees
    Oknows wrote:

Think I know the answer to this, but for those of you who went from 545 to 565, much difference?

The head (toe) shape of the 565 is a departure from the 545. The toe of the 565 is round, vs the square toe of the 545. The 545 has more weight in the heel, versus weight closer to the toe in the 565.
    Posted:
    Cobra F9 Tour Length - Hzrdus Smoke 70 stiff
    Cobra F9 14.5 - Atmos Blue Stiff
    Callaway Epic Hybrid - Recoil 780 stiff
    TM790 - Steelfiber R 4-UW
    Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
    TM Spider Tour
    Srixon Z-Star
  • EagleCityEagleCity Members  187WRX Points: 47Posts: 187 Fairways
    Ok 565 people- what shafts are you gaming?

Contemplating Project X LZ
    Posted:
  • DeacLaw05DeacLaw05 Members  379WRX Points: 77Handicap: 6Posts: 379 Greens
    schulzea wrote:

Thanks, is there any benefit to comboing 565 with 765 short irons? At address, I couldn't tell the difference of the 565 from the 765 in the 6 iron. I'm typically a pretty decent ball striker, playing to an 8 hdicp. Wondering if its worth messing with the different lofts between the two or Just sticking with the 565s? Does the 765 give a more penetrating flight in the short irons? I don't want to hit moon balls with the scoring clubs either if that's what the 565 may promote. Thanks!

I really love the short irons in my 565 set. Feel totally confident with them. I play to a 9 and I don't feel like I hit "moon balls" with them at all.
    Posted:
  • Ripken08Ripken08 Members  4402WRX Points: 235Handicap: 6ishPosts: 4,402 BST Banned
    DeacLaw05 wrote:

schulzea wrote:

I really love the short irons in my 565 set. Feel totally confident with them. I play to a 9 and I don't feel like I hit "moon balls" with them at all.

Same here. Play to a 6-7 and like the short irons just fine.
    Posted:
  • schulzeaschulzea Members  280WRX Points: 0Posts: 280
    great news. Thanks!
    Posted:
    Bio Cell +
    TEE XCG7 3 wood
    Adams DHY 21
    Adams CMB 4-Gw
    Vokey SM4 54, 58 deg
    Odyssey Tank #7

Advertisement
    I'll add that I bent my set 2* weak across the board. I like the gapping better that way.
    Posted:
  • KMeloneyKMeloney Members  5026WRX Points: 309Handicap:[email protected] 7Posts: 5,026 Titanium Tees
    Man, I just do NOT love my AP2s ('14s). Can you guys tell me a little more about how the 565 and 765 compare to the AP2s?

I was recently helping my son on the range, and while doing so took some swings with his (my old) Taylormade RAC LTs. Now, the shaft isn't ideal for me, but the heads were just great. They are slightly longer (in the toe-- beyond the scoring lines) than the AP2s, and have a thinner top line. I think the soles are pretty comparable in width, but the RACs just had such better turf interaction. The whole club head felt better. Just more crisp through the grass and ball.

These swings reminded me that I might do better with something more akin to the RACs -- and it sounds like one of the models of Srixons might fit the bill. I'm looking for some more distance and better turf interaction. I'm a 5.5 at the moment, so not the worst iron player in the world. But it'd be great to feel like I'm getting a little more out of my irons, especially when my swing isn't feeling good on a particular day.

I know I'm late to the party, but I've read through this entire thread, and would love to hear some more comments, especially from folks who have some experience with AP2s.

Incidentally, if I went the new-irons route, I'd likely throw my Steelfiber 110s in them (I think I'm done with steel due to elbow pain issues), just in case that helps anyone add to the discussion.

Thanks in advance!
    Posted:
  • rjp322rjp322 IndianaMembers  3326WRX Points: 162Posts: 3,326 Titanium Tees
    Anyone gaming the Miyazaki shafts? I just ordered a set of the 565 with these shafts because I hit the hybrid so **** well and the utility iron as well. Figured I'll gamble on the shafts.
    Posted:
  • OakStrongOakStrong Members  65WRX Points: 25Posts: 65 Bunkers
    I was finally able to get these out on the course yesterday and man do they perform. The thing that impressed me most was the turf interaction, even for a high handicap like myself I was able to notice a measurable difference almost instantly as my miss is usually fat. My mishits were noticeable but the irons still helped me move the ball further than I deserve. All in all these are my favorite irons I've played and I plan to game them for a long time.
    Posted:
  • GolfNuts4GolfNuts4 Members  744WRX Points: 122Handicap: 16Posts: 744 Golden Tee
    rjp322 wrote:

Anyone gaming the Miyazaki shafts? I just ordered a set of the 565 with these shafts because I hit the hybrid so **** well and the utility iron as well. Figured I'll gamble on the shafts.
    Yes, I am playing them. I love the Miyazaki shafts, not too light either at 85 grams. Perform well for me.
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
    Callaway Big Bertha (2004) 5 wood
    Ping G30 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Irons 5-GW
    Titleist Vokey Wedges 56/60
    Scotty Cameron Monterey

Advertisement
  • soflasofla Members  1694WRX Points: 124Posts: 1,694 Platinum Tees
    what I found (with the 545) is that they are heavy heads and without shortening or using the high balance point shafts (like the stock Nippons) the swingweights getting in the d4-d6 range
    Posted:
    Ping G410 LST
    Titleist TS2 16.5
    Srixon H85 19 & 22
    Srixon 585 5-7, 785 8-aw
    Callaway MD3 54 & PM Grind '19 58
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 38
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX  2857WRX Points: 411Handicap: 8Posts: 2,857 ClubWRX
    JDMRN81 wrote:

Just ordered a full set of 565's 4-A with KBS C-taper lite 110 (stiff). Hit a 6i is this setup at my local GG and the turf interaction was amazing, shaft felt very stable and smooth. It was an impulse buy, hopefully I won't regret lol.

You won't. I have the z565 4 iron in CTL X stiff soft-stepped once. The rest of my set is 965, which are a fantastic muscleback.

I was at the range today and pulled out the 4 iron and, I have to say, these 565 heads launch rockets. But the thing is, you don't need to overdo it. Stock, smooth swing and the ball launches.

I enjoy MB clubs but I would like to play a few rounds with a full set of 565s just to see what it's like.

If I were to pick up a full set in the 5 series, I would be happy with the 545 or 565. Shaft is more important difference to me. Both great irons and not much between them.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • JTD0314JTD0314 Members  486WRX Points: 74Posts: 486 Greens
    DeacLaw05 wrote:

I'll add that I bent my set 2* weak across the board. I like the gapping better that way.

How is the bounce now that you adjusted them weak?
    Posted:
  • gmiller598gmiller598 Members  359WRX Points: 25Posts: 359 Greens
    GolfNuts4 wrote:

rjp322 wrote:

Yes, I am playing them. I love the Miyazaki shafts, not too light either at 85 grams. Perform well for me.

Same for me as well. These are my first graphite iron shafts but they are not flimsy at all. A good weight and nice and stable. I'm using the R shafts and I like them quite well.
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway Epic Flash 3W
    PING G410 3h
    PING G410 4h
    PING G700 5-UW
    Cleveland CBX 54
    Cleveland RTX-3 58
    Scotty Cameron GOLO 5
    MrFlapjack wrote:

Just coming home from 10 rounds in Scotland. The 545s performed great. PW and AW bump and runs were outstanding and even dropped a approach from 99 yards with the AW for an eagle. Really happy with them and the RTX3'S were great as well.

How did you find the 545s performed off tight lies? Going to Bandon Dunes in the fall and am told you get a lot of tight lies on those courses. That would seem to argue for a lower bounce iron but I have found the Srixon V-sole to work from any kind of lie. They seem to have a sole that is there to help if you get steep but yet works off any lie.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • OknowsOknows Members  1210WRX Points: 109Posts: 1,210 Platinum Tees
    I play on basically cement in Texas and they are fine.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Diamana W 70x
    Ping G 3 wood @ 16.5 w/ Tour 80
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC w/ Project X 6.0
    Cleveland CBX 2.0 54* w/ DG TI s400
    Cleveland RTX 4 xlow 58* w/ DG TI s400
    SC Circa 62 #3
  • Ripken08Ripken08 Members  4402WRX Points: 235Handicap: 6ishPosts: 4,402 BST Banned
    Just finished my 3rd round with these and the Apexes are for sale image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

12 GIR and 3 birdies for a 1 over 73. Not bad for a 7 HC. Unbelievable irons. I don't hit them thin like I do my Callaways. V-sole is the real deal!
    Posted:
  • MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members  2637WRX Points: 138Handicap: 3.6Posts: 2,637 Titanium Tees
    dmeeksDC wrote:

MrFlapjack wrote:

Just coming home from 10 rounds in Scotland. The 545s performed great. PW and AW bump and runs were outstanding and even dropped a approach from 99 yards with the AW for an eagle. Really happy with them and the RTX3'S were great as well.

How did you find the 545s performed off tight lies? Going to Bandon Dunes in the fall and am told you get a lot of tight lies on those courses. That would seem to argue for a lower bounce iron but I have found the Srixon V-sole to work from any kind of lie. They seem to have a sole that is there to help if you get steep but yet works off any lie.

I thought they were fantastic. I played 6 rounds at Bandon last fall with my J40s and had quite a few fat shots. I honestly don't remember one fat shot in Scotland..
    Posted:
    Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
    4 Hybrid...
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
    Ping Ketsch Mid 
    MrFlapjack wrote:

dmeeksDC wrote:

MrFlapjack wrote:

I thought they were fantastic. I played 6 rounds at Bandon last fall with my J40s and had quite a few fat shots. I honestly don't remember one fat shot in Scotland..

Music to my ears. I love my Srixons. I only have the one 565 (4 iron) with the rest of the set in 965s (which I would put up against any competitor's muscleback in playability, just a fantastic iron that feel so fun to hit.)

If I could figure out a way to better combo in a few more 565s, even if I need to bend a few clubs, I'd add a 5 and 6 iron, possibly a 7. Hard to pass up easy-hitting mid irons. Or I could just finish the 565 full set or pick up a used 545 set (I see minor differences between them) as my winter-time/back from long layoff set. I really see the 965 as an advantage in the scoring irons and love the soles of that model. I hit a stock 8 iron from 150-155 and that's all I want. But 565/965 is a tougher combo to make than some sets because the same lofts in a 565 will go longer than that loft in a 965 (or a 765). I've probably got a 15 yard gap or more between my 4 and 5 irons. I could solve that by weakening the 4 by 2 degrees if I dont add more 565s.

But can't say enough good things about Srixon equipment. I even like the look of that ripple-soled 565 driver. It is cool looking in a simple, clean way.
    Posted:
    Is it a coincidence that I had my first hole in one within a month of starting to play these irons? Landed a 4 iron within 8 inches of the hole from 193 yards out and it hopped into the hole during my round yesterday. The crazy thing is that I wasn't that surprised--I hit so many good shots with these clubs that I expect good things to happen. So much fun to play.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • SoloShot84SoloShot84 Members  473WRX Points: 203Posts: 473 Greens
    DeacLaw05 wrote:
    Is it a coincidence that I had my first hole in one within a month of starting to play these irons? Landed a 4 iron within 8 inches of the hole from 193 yards out and it hopped into the hole during my round yesterday. The crazy thing is that I wasn't that surprised--I hit so many good shots with these clubs that I expect good things to happen. So much fun to play.

haha that is really nice. did you contact Srixon for that? I know they do something if you hole in one with their clubs
    Posted:
    DeacLaw05 wrote:

That is really cool. Golf is so strange. I have made two aces in my career -- they came within a month of each other about 10 years ago.

You now know, no matter how you are playing, it is not the clubs!
    Posted:
    These keep getting better and better. Almost got my first ace (missedby 2") the first round out with these a few weeks ago, Yesterday I holed out for eagle from the rough from 106 with the AW. Strangely both shots were with the AW lol

I ended up ordering a second set with the Modus stiff vs the regs in my other set. Now I have a backup.
    Posted:
  • RobDMBRobDMB Members  473WRX Points: 86Handicap: 15Posts: 473 Greens
    Ripken08 wrote:

These keep getting better and better. Almost got my first ace (missedby 2") the first round out with these a few weeks ago, Yesterday I holed out for eagle from the rough from 106 with the AW. Strangely both shots were with the AW lol

I ended up ordering a second set with the Modus stiff vs the regs in my other set. Now I have a backup.

How do you find the scoring irons, particularly the AW with the Z565? Is gapping/distances consistent? One concern of mine versus the Z765.
    Posted:
    Ping Anser 9.5* Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Wood
    Ping i20 Hybrid
    Srixon Z765 4-AW Modus 125X
    Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant
    RobDMB wrote:

Ripken08 wrote:

How do you find the scoring irons, particularly the AW with the Z565? Is gapping/distances consistent? One concern of mine versus the Z765.

I don't have ton of rounds in yet, but I haven't seen any major gapping issues with AW. Typically hit it 110 and PW 120-125. Through the rest of the set I have gained 5-7 yards/club over my CF16s, but that could be due to shafts as well. Consistent gaps through the set. The great thing about these is they hold greens much better for me vs the CF's. I'm assuming its extra spin created from the milled faces although I have never been on a monitor to check spin rates.

Stop contemplating and buy them!!!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • pmcukpmcuk Members  5610WRX Points: 225Posts: 5,610 Titanium Tees
    My son, who's in his 20s and perfectly strong and fit, though not a fast swinger and doesn't play often, just did an iron fitting in Prague. Seems like it was a good shop with a wide range of stock. He eliminated several irons along the way, such as the new MI. His final two were Z565 and CF16 Forged. He liked them about equally, but gave the nod to the CF16 on forgiveness, distance and playability. It was close.

He liked the Z565 but felt that they were slightly beyond his present ability. So far the CF16s have been working out nice, but he's not sure of the XP shaft in Reg. He feels he needs a little more height. I've always read that the CF16s play a little low, and I can see how a higher launching shaft in Reg. might help. I was wondering Nippon 950GH or KBS Tour 90.

Posted:
  • UnteachableUnteachable North MississippiBST Volunteer Mods  1255WRX Points: 220Handicap: 8Posts: 1,255 Platinum Tees
    I just got my 565 4-aw in yesterday. I had an outdoor trackman fitting and ended up with dgs300 shafts.

They look really nice. Maybe a little big for some but I was shocked that they have a thinner top line and sole at the toe of the club than my i25's. they are a touch thicker in the sole near the heel. Otherwise they are similar heel to toe length.

I'm going to the range to see if I wasted a lot of $$
    Posted:
  • LobberLobber Members  2538WRX Points: 215Posts: 2,538 Titanium Tees
    I really love mine with Steel Fiber 95 shafts. Great feel, distance and the forgiveness I appreciate when my swing is off
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • CHE KJARRVERACHE KJARRVERA Members  211WRX Points: 0Posts: 211
    Bought a set of z545 black edition (s300 shafts) a month or so ago. On clearance they were 50% cheaper than 565's so thought why not. Easily the nicest irons I've had.
    Posted:
    GBB Epic, X2 Hot, Srixon Z545, Cleveland RTX 2.0, Bettinardi

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.