2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Purchased clubs, sent payment, seller - Jlangston won't respond or ship clubs

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... The purchase was only made a couple days ago, so I wouldn't personally worry quite yet. If the seller wasn't able to get them out after a week or so, then maybe I would contact a mod.

After that, I would consider a Paypal claim. However, a couple days isn't really much. I work out of town during part of the week and am not able to respond to emails everyday.

Calling out a member could lead to problems especially if the seller has had a family emergency or something extreme. Just my thoughts, Josh

What exactly are you wanting to get rectified here? You didn't buy them from a retailer or pay extra for express shipping. Not everyone has the freedom or ability to ship out a club they sold they day after they sell it. Calling out a member in here a mere 2 days after he received payment is pretty poor form.

I would hope you show a little more patience with others in your life than you extended to the seller here...

I actually don't think it's unreasonable to at least hear something from the seller after two days. Just a quick, "received the money, really tied up right now, will update ASAP". Just something.

As it's been said on here many, many times, it takes about 30 seconds to respond to a PM or email.

Of course it's not unreasonable to expect some communication from a buyer/seller. What is unreasonable, however, is starting a thread complaining about it a mere two days after a purchase.

Or the seller has an issue with receiving emails, getting on internet, etc.

Good grief, Charlie Brown...I've had buyers "ding" me when I hadn't responded after 2 days on ebay...I have a life, which is why I state out the door within 72 hours. If you are that desperate for your items...tell that to the seller & pay for expedited service & shipping.

I almost always ship the next day I receive payment. In the very rare occurrence that I cannot I send a email or PM stating when I can ship. After I ship I send the tracking number. That's how it's done. :-)

Sure there are going to be things that happen in life that derail you. What's it take to send a message to update someone? 30 seconds?

I actually don't think it's unreasonable to at least hear something from the seller after two days. Just a quick, "received the money, really tied up right now, will update ASAP". Just something.

As it's been said on here many, many times, it takes about 30 seconds to respond to a PM or email.

Of course it's not unreasonable to expect some communication from a buyer/seller. What is unreasonable, however, is starting a thread complaining about it a mere two days after a purchase.

I can agree with that somewhat. A fairly new member with no feedback, probably not sure the "standards" here. A thread asking for advice on how to proceed, or how long is customary to wait before saying anything is probably OK. Just a bit early to name the seller.

Or the seller has an issue with receiving emails, getting on internet, etc.

Good grief, Charlie Brown...I've had buyers "ding" me when I hadn't responded after 2 days on ebay...I have a life, which is why I state out the door within 72 hours. If you are that desperate for your items...tell that to the seller & pay for expedited service & shipping.

The second post in the thread says the seller has been active on the site.

OP , starting this this thread was a little more than uncalled for. Sure the seller should have responded to you , especially since he was just on the site as another member said yesterday, but what was going through your mind outcasting the name of the guy on here from jump street? Not everyone is out to get one over and things do happen. May have to learn the virtue of patience and bite your tongue next time it doesn't happen asap for you. This isn't the way. If it were me , I'd prob feel compelled to refund you and move along. Good luck with your endeavors.

Well, my block list has a new VIP on it. And it isn't the seller.... Thanks OP!

I disagree here. While 2 days is quick to be starting a thread it is his first time on the board. It would have been in better form to explain he's new and state his issue without naming the other party but I don't like giving a person brand new on the board a hard time. Every site has their own "rules" and way things are done and it takes time to learn.

That being said, I wouldn't start a thread after two days but it is amazing how people have time to collect money, just no enough time to write a simple note back. (Assuming he hasn't, maybe the op doesn't know how to check pm's)

I disagree here. While 2 days is quick to be starting a thread it is his first time on the board. It would have been in better form to explain he's new and state his issue without naming the other party but I don't like giving a person brand new on the board a hard time. Every site has their own "rules" and way things are done and it takes time to learn.

That being said, I wouldn't start a thread after two days but it is amazing how people have time to collect money, just no enough time to write a simple note back. (Assuming he hasn't, maybe the op doesn't know how to check pm's)

I'm not saying that merely because I disagree with what the OP did here. If someone is not patient enough to wait longer than 48 hours before putting a seller's name on full blast to the world, odds are that person is a bit too demanding to be doing business in the BST and liable to create issues out of nothing. That screams of the type of person who will complain about a minor blemish on a club that "wasn't pictured" or that it took too long to ship and demand a full refund from the seller. Not worth the potential stress of having to deal with that.

There are certain behaviors that indicate a person will not be a pleasure to do business with on the BST. This is definitely one of them.

I'm not saying that merely because I disagree with what the OP did here. If someone is not patient enough to wait longer than 48 hours before putting a seller's name on full blast to the world, odds are that person is a bit too demanding to be doing business in the BST and liable to create issues out of nothing. That screams of the type of person who will complain about a minor blemish on a club that "wasn't pictured" or that it took too long to ship and demand a full refund from the seller. Not worth the potential stress of having to deal with that.

There are certain behaviors that indicate a person will not be a pleasure to do business with on the BST. This is definitely one of them.

I agree. If I hadn't been able to get the club out yet as the seller, I'd be inclined to just refund the PayPal and not even bother sending the club with a post like this.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS Driver with Graphite Design Tour AD UB 6X
Callaway Paradym 3 Wood with Fujikura Ventus Blue 7TX
Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 5 Wood with Graphite Design Tour AD DJ 7TX
Callaway Rogue ST Pro Hybrid with Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
Callaway Paradym 5-AW with VA Composites Synystr 110X Shafts
Callaway Paradym GW with Mitsubishi Chemical MMT 105TX
Callaway CB 56* with Mitsubishi Chemical MMT 105TX
Toulon Garage Daytona Beach Putter

Callaway Tour 300 Laser Rangefinder

I agree. How hard is it to send a quick "got it" pm or email and just confirm receipt of funds. He isn't vilifying the seller... but better to ask then to wait fir someone to post how the seller may not have lived up to a previous bargain. We aren't talking $5 purchases in most cases here. Just my .02. Not necessarily how I would have handled it... but still

Someone should start a DoND thread on the OP. Who starts a thread and doesn't respond within 12 hours? Oh, the humanity.

It's a golf club, dude. You bought it from an internet forum to save some cabbage. Don't expect the retail experience. Oh, and get some perspective.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Someone should start a DoND thread on the OP. Who starts a thread and doesn't respond within 12 hours? Oh, the humanity.

It's a golf club, dude. You bought it from an internet forum to save some cabbage. Don't expect the retail experience. Oh, and get some perspective.

My guess , he got the club priority or the seller did message him and they don't like the taste of crow.

I disagree with putting his name out so quickly but I also believe that if you are paid for an item and have time to get on the site your first priority should be to check your pms. I don't think there is any excuse to be on the site and not answer a pm from someone who has purchased something from you they should have priority over your browsing.

Man, mods should close this thread until the OP comes back and answers some questions and participates in the discussion. Starts the thread outing a member by name, and logs off 9 minutes later and hasn't been back since. One post. No contribution to the site. But, he has his own logo (which is high on the "delta bravo" scale).

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

I am so sick are tired of new people getting bashed for asking a question, or members crushing other members because they post something "too soon," whether it is a thread, or someone's name or whatever.

We all have jobs. I get 100 emails a day at my job and im busy all the time, but that doesnt mean i get to ignore clients when they send an email. I migt be busy, and i might need to get back to them with more information, but i am definitely going to respond.

The seller took the guys money, then logged on multiple times without respondinh. It is rude. It is unprofessio al, and it is unnecessary.

We are forum of gentleman who are here to inform and assist other members. Could he have waited longer to post something? Sure...but if he waited a week and didnt do anything youd all be crying bloody murder that he didnt file a paypal claim already.

OP, give the seller another nudge with a PM. If you dont hear anything at all on monday, open a claim. Edit the first post to remove the sellers name until monday afternoon also

[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra LTD Tensei Pro Blue 70[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Titleist 816H1 17* GD AD HY 85[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Callaway Apex 20* GD AD HY 95[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Nike Vapor Pro 4-pw Recoil 110 proto[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Vokey SM6 50-54-58 Recoil 125 proto[/font][/size][/b]

I am so sick are tired of new people getting bashed for asking a question, or members crushing other members because they post something "too soon," whether it is a thread, or someone's name or whatever.

We all have jobs. I get 100 emails a day at my job and im busy all the time, but that doesnt mean i get to ignore clients when they send an email. I migt be busy, and i might need to get back to them with more information, but i am definitely going to respond.

The seller took the guys money, then logged on multiple times without respondinh. It is rude. It is unprofessio al, and it is unnecessary.

We are forum of gentleman who are here to inform and assist other members. Could he have waited longer to post something? Sure...but if he waited a week and didnt do anything youd all be crying bloody murder that he didnt file a paypal claim already.

OP, give the seller another nudge with a PM. If you dont hear anything at all on monday, open a claim. Edit the first post to remove the sellers name until monday afternoon also

Really??? File a claim with PayPal for a guy not shipping soon enough? Fantastic advice.

That is REALLY dangerous to set the BST precedent for filing a PayPal claim at 3 business days after receiving payment without shipping out the club. If we did, then it wouldn't be long before we had claims filed a day or two after payment was sent if it hadn't been shipped yet. That's not a healthy environment for the BST....

I want to take bets here:

1) Will the OP ever come back to this thread to let us know how things turned out? 5-1 says "no"

2) (Not that we will ever know) Does the OP receive the clubs by Wednesday of next week (that's a total of 7 days shipping) even money on this

3) Did the OP pay late at night, and count that first day as a day that the item(s) should have shipped? 3-1 here

4) Will I ever want to do business with the OP without talking to him on the phone (I have a toll-free #....he won't have to "pay" for the call) No amount of money here, because I would not do business with this guy ever

I wish you luck, OP....but your failure to even return to the thread that you started....whether maliciously, out of ignorance, innocently, or with all malevolent intent.....makes you look, to me at least, to be the problem in this transaction.

However, I hope that you and the shipper get this worked out, and both are wiser and better for the experience. No one likes to get stuck, but no one wants to be called out for no reason either.

Just my

Point me in the direction of the new member's question, and I'm sure many would be happy to answer.

Could the seller communicate better? Absolutely. Ne excuse for that. Is this thread premature and irresponsible? I say absolutely again. Your post even seems to indicate that you agree he shouldn't have started this thread so soon or outed the seller.

So, with all due respect, what's your point? Nobody disagrees with anything you said here. It seems like you're scolding posters here for something you agree with?