Maltby DBM

2»

Comments

• That Bob GuyThat Bob Guy Never settle! Members Posts: 2,570 ✭✭
    All sales stem from US location. I'd call them. One fantastic company to deal with.
    Sorry for the double post. I have had a ton of problems with the app. I've since deleted it.
  • 03SMURF03SMURF Members Posts: 764 ✭✭
    Little update on mine: Feel is great on center strikes, much like that marshmallow feel we all love and expect to have when we put a good swing on it. Off center strikes are not too punishing, especially those dreaded toe hits. These heads provide plenty of feedback the better players want and you don't need to look at the face to know exactly where you hit it. Launch is much higher than what I'm used to out of my MB's, to be expected, but, even my buddy who plays AP2's with PX 6.5's launched my DBM's higher than his clubs. Shaping shots were a piece of cake, too. Very easy to make the ball do what I wanted with good predictability. Aesthetics is where I like these clubs the most, especially the thin top line similar to blades but the slightly longer heel to toe gives great confidence at address. I won't comment on their distance until I have the lofts checked and lies adjusted if I need. Overall I think these heads provide super game improvement performance with a players look and workable flight.
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]M3 440 9° - Tensei CK Pro Orange V3 70TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]915 Fd 15° - ATMOS Black 8TX
    716 T-MB 3 iron - RIP Tour 115
    714 MB - 4-pw - X100's
    SM5's - 50/08 F, 56/10 (55°) M, 60/08 M - X100's
    Cleveland Huntington Beach #11
    Ball TBD
    4up Stadry[/font]
  • ericftericft Members Posts: 570 ✭✭
    I absolutely love my DBM irons that i have had in and out of the bag for about 3 years..tried many OEM offerings, wishon heads and recently have come back to the DBMs. They are the softest feeling on center shots, forgiving enough for a 9 handicapper and look great. I have them currently paired with ozik program q95 shafts and they are amazing for distance control. The best distance control I have had in years. Also got the M series + wedges and they are amazing as well. Likley will keep these irons for a while which is unusual for me. Was thinking of getting a back up set and will want to do it when there is a sale and free shipping.
  • SS78SS78 Members Posts: 43 ✭✭
    On the Golfworks.ca website, there's a banner for Christmas specials. Click on it to download a PDF of the flyer, the DBM sale is in there.
    ericft wrote:

I absolutely love my DBM irons that i have had in and out of the bag for about 3 years..tried many OEM offerings, wishon heads and recently have come back to the DBMs. They are the softest feeling on center shots, forgiving enough for a 9 handicapper and look great. I have them currently paired with ozik program q95 shafts and they are amazing for distance control. The best distance control I have had in years. Also got the M series + wedges and they are amazing as well. Likley will keep these irons for a while which is unusual for me. Was thinking of getting a back up set and will want to do it when there is a sale and free shipping.

Hey,

How's the finish holding up, and about how many rounds over those 3 years?

-B-
  • ericftericft Members Posts: 570 ✭✭
    Finish is remarkably good...with them have played about 30-40 rounds. Very impressed but our courses are not as sandy...the finish on sole of wedges wears away more.
  • gamesgames Argue for your limitations and they are yours. WisconsinMembers Posts: 1,705 ✭✭
    edited Dec 13, 2016 #39
    A couple of pix for those that asked about the look of my DBMs on the black KBS Tour shafts

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • QuickFeetQuickFeet Members Posts: 1,606 ✭✭
    You can get them straight from Golfworks for $490; assembled to your specs.
    TaylorMade M2 10.5o / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
    Nike Vr Pro :td. 5W / UST VTS 7R Silver
    Callaway Apex 3/20o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
    Callaway Apex 4/23o / UST Recoil 760 ES F3
    Nike Covert Forged 4-PW / UST Recoil 95 F3
    Nike Engage 58 Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Maltby 54 M Series + Wedge / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Vr Forged 50 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
    Nike Origin B2-01
    Nike RZN Tour Black
  • propmanpropman Members Posts: 1,725 ✭✭
    Yeah, I know but one could throw an offer out there for much less than $500 and you never know.
    15 hcp
  • 03SMURF03SMURF Members Posts: 764 ✭✭
    edited Apr 29, 2017 #43
    Farewell, DBM's.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]M3 440 9° - Tensei CK Pro Orange V3 70TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]915 Fd 15° - ATMOS Black 8TX
    716 T-MB 3 iron - RIP Tour 115
    714 MB - 4-pw - X100's
    SM5's - 50/08 F, 56/10 (55°) M, 60/08 M - X100's
    Cleveland Huntington Beach #11
    Ball TBD
    4up Stadry[/font]
  • sfdoddsysfdoddsy Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭
    propman wrote:

Yeah, I know but one could throw an offer out there for much less than $500 and you never know.

I did.

I am a sucker for black irons and was going to buy a set of Steelhead Pros with black XP95 shafts.

For $750 Less I figured these are worth a shot.
    Callaway Fusion Matrix
    Cobra F6 Baffler
    Ping G400 hybrid
    PXG irons
    PXG & Miura wedges
    Edel E3 putter
  • propmanpropman Members Posts: 1,725 ✭✭
    sfdoddsy wrote:

propman wrote:

I did.

I am a sucker for black irons and was going to buy a set of Steelhead Pros with black XP95 shafts.

For $750 Less I figured these are worth a shot.

Got yourself a great deal ! Let us know how you like them.
    15 hcp
  • BritboyBritboy Members Posts: 413
    I've just picked up a set of these heads which look fantastic. A bit worried about high launch based on some of the posts above. I have a set of C Taper stiff shafts which I could put in although would prefer to go with C Taper Lite but worried about too high launch. 6 iron SS is 87mph.

Any experience of C tapers in these bad boys ?

Thanks
    Taylor Made M3 10.5* Kiyoshi White 65 Stiff
    Taylor Made M3 15* Kiyoshi White 75 Stiff
    Taylor Made M3 19* Hybrid Kiyoshi White 95 Stiff
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4-PW Project X 5.5
    Mizuno S18 50 54 & 58 Project X 5.5
    Taylor Made Spider Mini 34"
  • DaveGoodrichDaveGoodrich Members Posts: 992 ✭✭

I know I am going to end up with a set of these someday, I won't be able to resist forever.

(Replying to my own post from two years ago): Someday has arrived. I just picked up a set of these heads from the BST, going to install some black TT AMT Tour White shafts (pulls from Cobra irons).
    Titleist 917D3 w/YS-6+
    Taylormade V-steel 15* w/YS-6+ FW
    Titleist 909h 17* and 21* w/YS-hybrid
    Adams dHy 24* w/Aldila RIP Tour 115
    Adams XTD Forged 6 (28*) - PW (48*) w/Aldila RIP Tour 115 (bent to 5* loft gaps)
    Vokey SM4 TVD 50M w/Aldila RIP Tour 115
    Vokey SM6 56S w/Aldila RIP Tour 115
    Vokey SM6 60M w/Aldila RIP Tour 115
    Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #5