My Champions Tour quest thread-update post 530

For those that didn't read the other thread, I made it to the Tour Champions (Senior Tour) Q school finals to be held the week after Thanksgiving in Orlando.

I'll be posting stuff all week on Twitter @montescheinblum

...so follow me there.

During my two practice rounds I will post on Instagram many of the shots I am hitting. If you have a request on a shot you'd like explained and see me hit, post it here in this thread. Here is my Instagram. Haven't done much there, but plan to do more.

https://www.instagram.com/MonteScheinblum

It's also time to start making the clinic schedule for next year. Even if I get fully exempt status, I don't turn 50 until May...and I just plain enjoy doing them, so I still plan on doing several, regardless of where my playing career goes.

It's going to work the same as last year. As soon as I get 8 deposits for a city, I will schedule a date and venue.

Here are places I have done before. Orlando, Phoenix, San Jose, Seattle, Sioux Falls, Baltimore/DC, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Kansas City, Boston, New Jersey, Syracuse, Atlanta, Columbus, Scotland, and London.

I have had requests in the past, but didn't get enough interest for Vegas, Palm Springs, Detroit, Melbourne, Minneapolis, South Carolina, Canada and Louisiana., I will take deposits on these venues as well. As soon as I get 8, it's a go and I cap attendees at 15.

If you want into one of the schools (all 10 I did last year filled up), send a $200 deposit to my PayPal account. Please say for what venue in the notes. If there is a second choice, please add that too. ALL DEPOSITS ARE REFUNDABLE if your city doesn't happen, you have an emergency and can't come, or final date doesn't work for you.

I just need to know which cities have the most real interest.

PayPal account is my email.

[email protected]

For those that haven't been before, Saturday and Sunday are group and one on one discussion and I discuss all facets of the game. Swing, short game, putting, shot making, practice routines, mental approach, etc...those that have attended will say it's comprehensive and they got plenty of individual attention.

Monday is the on course instruction and it's almost unanimous that this is the best day.

I bring my Flightscope and Boditrak and the pertinent data from those devices are part of the learning process as well. Everyone loves the Boditrak. I also might have the MySwing 3D at a few of them.

I'd appreciate all those interested signing up now. As you can imagine, my schedule will be pretty hectic next year and I'd like as little Kaos as possible. In a perfect world, I'd love to have Orlando, Vegas, Phoenix, San Jose and Palm Springs locked up before I leave for Q-school. :-)

People have gotten groups of 4-5 together themselves and I did those around the bigger schools...so feel free to request that.

Again, please use this thread for Instagram video requests, or any other questions you might have for me.

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you remind us what the total damage will be for a clinic?

+1 and some detail on timings, content etc i.e is it mostly you discussing all facets or do we get individual instruction?

For the ones that I've been to with Monte it generally followed this schedule (sometimes it changed based on weather, venue, etc)

Day 1 is group analysis of each person's swing to find main 1 or 2 faults that cause the rest of the issues in your swing, followed by individual work with Monte on those swing faults. Each person gets plenty of 1 on 1 time. Day 1 usually includes short game/sand work as well.

Day 2 is more individual work, honing in on solutions for your swing faults. The afternoon is usually an exhibition by Monte, hitting different shots, explaining how to work the ball easily, trajectory, and pounding some drivers.

Day 3 is the playing lesson where monte plays a few holes with each group, working on people'a swing a bit on course with real world pressure, showing specialty short game shots, course management. It's laid back and nobody grinds for score. It's about bringing the changes to the course.

Each day, sprinkle in a healthy dose of joking around, stories about tour players and teachers, Monte'a LD and Tour experience, and joking around with other clinic participants.

Australia please, I had a wedding on the last scheduled one :telephone:

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUz5cMht6OE"]I like to tee the ball up.. using man sized clubs.[/url]

[quote name='MonteScheinblum' timestamp='1496985379' post='15667418']
[quote name='mothman65' timestamp='1496984980' post='15667404']
Is Melbourne getting any closer to happening Momte?
[/quote]

Still need some more, but it's pretty likely I'll come. Just don't know when yet.
[/quote]

don't like the whole idea.

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

I highly recommend the clinics to anyone...I've never been a big clinic fan before but Monte does a great job. I had my best ball striking round by far a couple months after the clinic by working on what he suggested. I'm in for Phoenix, I will be sending my deposit later this week but I'm 100% in unless I start shooting 65's between now and clinic time lol.

Monte, congrats on the qualifier, you truly deserve any success that comes your way and I wish you the absolute best going forward. If you make it, I personally think you should try to get a sponsorship from like Suave or Redken

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

It's $450 plus fee for using the facility/green fee, etc., which is usually around &150.

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

+1 and some detail on timings, content etc i.e is it mostly you discussing all facets or do we get individual instruction?

It's 9-4 Saturday and Sunday with 18 holes Monday. Quite literally every way you can improve your golf game is discussed. There is plenty of one on one time.

don't like the whole idea.

?????

BERTRAND RUSSELL

For the ones that I've been to with Monte it generally followed this schedule (sometimes it changed based on weather, venue, etc)

Day 1 is group analysis of each person's swing to find main 1 or 2 faults that cause the rest of the issues in your swing, followed by individual work with Monte on those swing faults. Each person gets plenty of 1 on 1 time. Day 1 usually includes short game/sand work as well.

Day 2 is more individual work, honing in on solutions for your swing faults. The afternoon is usually an exhibition by Monte, hitting different shots, explaining how to work the ball easily, trajectory, and pounding some drivers.

Day 3 is the playing lesson where monte plays a few holes with each group, working on people'a swing a bit on course with real world pressure, showing specialty short game shots, course management. It's laid back and nobody grinds for score. It's about bringing the changes to the course.

Each day, sprinkle in a healthy dose of joking around, stories about tour players and teachers, Monte'a LD and Tour experience, and joking around with other clinic participants.

Going to add on a little more to Chris's comments, specifically to higher handicaps like me.

If you are a higher handicap, do NOT be afraid or embarrassed about attending. I found parts of my game were actually as good or better than others in attendance. And, IMO, one of the things higher handicaps like me NEED is to put themselves in higher pressure situations. Your worst faults can be magnified and more easily identified, but so can your best traits! Inevitably, in every group I've been a part of, at least one low-capper comes down with the <ahem> "laterals" for at least a half-day of the clinic, and no one was laughing at or judging them. No one's judging higher caps at Monte's clinics, either.

Is there any chance of a SoCal clinic?

Monte, I know you are local (as am I), but I think I would really enjoy the 2-day clinic setting, rather than multiple individual lessons. Thanks,

Taylormade M5 9* w/Prolaunch Blue 45
Taylormade Stealth 3HL 16.5* w/Proforce V2 65 
Taylormade M2 5HL 21* w/Proforce V2 65
Adams Pro Mini Hybrids: 23*, 26* w/VS Proto 95
Srixon Zx65 Combo Irons (Z565 6, Z765 7-9, Z965 PW) w/TT AMT Black
Vokeys: SM7 52-12F, SM7 58-12D, WedgeWorks 60-10V (at 62-12), all w/Pro Modus3 115 Wedge
Odyssey DXF Doublewide

I should have said more, the clinic is fine but the posting and questions can wait. You are playing for allot if it was me I would be trying to stay focused on task at hand. we will be watching. I wish I was there I seen guys I played against in the spring got through. best of luck

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

I should have said more, the clinic is fine but the posting and questions can wait. You are playing for allot if it was me I would be trying to stay focused on task at hand. we will be watching. I wish I was there I seen guys I played against in the spring got through. best of luck

I appreciate the thought, but here is the deal. I'm an instructor and if the forum can learn something from my experience, I want to do it.

Plus, it's therapeutic for me.

Monte, I know you are local (as am I), but I think I would really enjoy the 2-day clinic setting, rather than multiple individual lessons. Thanks,

If I can get enough for Palm Springs...

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Sorry, I missed the Palm Springs clinic. I'll paypal my deposit. Thanks,

Taylormade M5 9* w/Prolaunch Blue 45
Taylormade Stealth 3HL 16.5* w/Proforce V2 65 
Taylormade M2 5HL 21* w/Proforce V2 65
Adams Pro Mini Hybrids: 23*, 26* w/VS Proto 95
Srixon Zx65 Combo Irons (Z565 6, Z765 7-9, Z965 PW) w/TT AMT Black
Vokeys: SM7 52-12F, SM7 58-12D, WedgeWorks 60-10V (at 62-12), all w/Pro Modus3 115 Wedge
Odyssey DXF Doublewide

I think chicago was April 30 weekend. They like to have it early so people can practice during the season. Unfortunately rain sometimes intervenes. But they managed to move it indoors seamlessly last year for the one day it rained. Monte pretty amazing at spotting problems and offering fixes.

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Someone had a good idea for last year's outing in Chicago area... For those folks who live in the area, and some of you may or may not be able to attend the actual 3 day clinic, if anyone's up for a round the day PRIOR to Monte's outing,(that would be a Friday) maybe we could get together and have a pre-clinic outing. We could exchange pleasantries and maybe a few C-notes - andrew jacksons - George Washingtons. I'm not suggesting the Man himself will joining, more likely than not he won't, but might be fun to get out and have our own game amongst ourselves and really get our games in dire straits so the bad habits are firmly in grained prior to the clinic.

Keep it in mind just in case we are able to make Chicago work. Again non-clinic attendees in the area welcomed to play.

And yes we will have the Sunday evening BBQ portion of the event again, and this also open to Non- attendees as well - if Chicago makes the cut.

Anyone in SE Michigan reading this? We tried to get guys together a year or two ago but fell apart.

It seems every year there's one or two folks from Detroit area who make it over to the Chicago clinic. Plus the group is a lot of fun to be around, or so I'm told!

Hope you can make it. Definitely worth the while.

I hear ya, I read your guys Chicago thread last year. I golf/text with 10-12 wrx guys in my area, was hoping a few newbies would chime in and then I could fill it out with the guys I've met!

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Best of luck at Q school!

We are pulling for you!

Taylormade Sim2 10.5° (turned down to 9°) - Tensei White 60 stiff

Ping G400 3 and 5 Woods - Diamana D+ Limited 70 stiff

Ping G400 22° Hybrid - Diamana D+ 90 Stiff

Ping i200 5-UW - Modus Tour 105 stiff

Vokey SM4 54° and 58° - DGS-300

Cameron Special Select Newport 2

I appreciate the thought, but here is the deal. I'm an instructor and if the forum can learn something from my experience, I want to do it.

My Dad and I would definitely be interested in Palm Springs (he lives there and needs major help reviving his game) depending on dates.

My Dad and I would definitely be interested in Palm Springs (he lives there and needs major help reviving his game) depending on dates.

Easiest way is to just sign up and can always get a refund if dates setup don't work for you.

I'm sure you understand I can't go to the trouble to setup a date and facility and only 5 people end up with actual interest.

Once it gets to 8 signups, it gets to 14-15 no problem by the time it happens and even if 2-4 people have other commitments or injuries, I still have 10-12.

BERTRAND RUSSELL