ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. It will be getting MUCH better. Link to full post HERE

Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

Comments

• QManyQMany #TheWRX ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 9,004 ClubWRX

Ok so since you guys had a Trackman, did your path, face, aoa, etc. #'s all stay the same to be able to deduce that it is indeed the shaft that in changing the outcome?

No, my path, face, AOA, etc. did not stay the exact same on every swing. I'm not that good; I don't know anyone who is.
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro White 70TX
    Callaway GBB Epic SZ (15°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
    edited March 2017
    I got my Trackman report back. I will try to get a screen shot and post ASAP. But at first glance:

PING G30 + 45.75" Alta 55 X fit at PING HQ:
    • 110.6 CHS, 166.4 BS, 1.50 SF, 12.8 launch, 2055 spin, 270.2 carry

Callaway New 2017 Driver + varying 45" 70 X fit at ECPC:
    • 111.8 CHS, 166.9 BS, 1.49 SF, 12.5 launch, 1833 spin, 272.3 carry
    • 112.8 CHS, 169.7 BS, 1.50 SF, 10.2 launch, 2157 spin, 269.0 carry
    • 112.5 CHS, 169.7 BS, 1.51 SF, 12.2 launch, 2478 spin, 275.7 carry
    • 112.1 CHS, 167.6 BS, 1.49 SF, 11.6 launch, 3082 spin, 272.9 carry

(EDIT: These are actual numbers taken with wind in and off the right. He also had normalized numbers listed on his screen. Flightscope Optimizer calculates the third New 2017 Driver at 291.9 carry.)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

• chickenpotpiechickenpotpie #TeamJetSpeed Advanced Members Posts: 8,537
    MM, does any of that matter? If you have a representative sample set you can see differences between clubs/shafts. Shafts will likely change those variables, some for the good and some not. Your pro versus amateur swing point only changes the number of swings needing to be taken to get a sample set. Basic stats issue.
    Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
    WITB Link
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Advanced Members Posts: 3,574 ✭✭

MM, does any of that matter? If you have a representative sample set you can see differences between clubs/shafts. Shafts will likely change those variables, some for the good and some not. Your pro versus amateur swing point only changes the number of swings needing to be taken to get a sample set. Basic stats issue.

Yes, Callaway themselves were adamant that the Pros will see gains with the new clubs but nothing like what some of us experienced because they're already optimum.
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]#TheWRX 12/11/16[/font]

Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6

Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8

Apex 20* AD IZ 85

Apex Pro 19 4-PW KBS Proto

MD4 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper

Toulon Austin Longneck Garage

Jones Utility Rover

Chromesoft X
  • The Chicken ConnoisseurThe Chicken Connoisseur The Pengest Munch Banned Posts: 3,732
    I'm not trying to be a **** I'm just genuinely curious. I've never had a top-level fitting before, and I worked in a local shop for a long time as a fitter, and with 99.9% of players its really more about just trying to get what feels comfortable and if possible result in more consistent strikes, but to notice a dispersion improvement as a result of the shaft and not random chance is hard
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 24,008 ClubWRX
    QMany wrote:

I got my Trackman report back. I will try to get a screen shot and post ASAP. But at first glance:

PING G30 + 45.75" Alta 55 X fit at PING HQ:
    • 110.6 CHS, 166.4 BS, 1.50 SF, 12.8 launch, 2055 spin, 270.2 carry

Callaway New 2017 Driver + varying 45" 80 X fit at ECPC:
    • 111.8 CHS, 166.9 BS, 1.49 SF, 12.5 launch, 1833 spin, 272.3 carry
    • 112.8 CHS, 169.7 BS, 1.50 SF, 10.2 launch, 2157 spin, 269.0 carry
    • 112.5 CHS, 169.7 BS, 1.51 SF, 12.2 launch, 2478 spin, 275.7 carry
    • 112.1 CHS, 167.6 BS, 1.49 SF, 11.6 launch, 3082 spin, 272.9 carry

(EDIT: These are actual numbers taken with wind in and off the right. He also had normalized numbers listed on his screen. Flightscope Optimizer calculates the third New 2017 Driver at 291.9 carry.)

The consistency in all of your numbers is very impressive! Explains why you shot 70 at Torrey and had the potential for an even lower round. Color me JEALOUS!
  • pitchinwedgepitchinwedge Advanced Members Posts: 1,551 ✭✭
    QMany wrote:

I think the thing I was most surprised about was the sound of the New 2017 Driver. It reminds me of the last Callaway club I had in the bag, the Razr Hawk Tour. It is muted but solid. I think you can hear it in the videos posted; it is an addicting sound off the face.

RHT was also the last Cally club in my bag. Oh my.... I think I'm going to be in love again!
    917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
    917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
    816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
    716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
    716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
    Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
    Edel Deschutes

Photo WITB
  • slapcut79slapcut79 Members Posts: 36

I'm not trying to be a **** I'm just genuinely curious.

If you have to say "I'm not trying to be a ****" ... well, you know.

No need to ruin a great thread.
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Advanced Members Posts: 3,574 ✭✭

I'm not trying to be a **** I'm just genuinely curious. I've never had a top-level fitting before, and I worked in a local shop for a long time as a fitter, and with 99.9% of players its really more about just trying to get what feels comfortable and if possible result in more consistent strikes, but to notice a dispersion improvement as a result of the shaft and not random chance is hard

That's where you as a fitter need to have the ability to see that your customer is striking a ball poorly because of change in spec. Get the baseline first with their current club and pay attention to their numbers along with their swing. You need to be able to differentiate between bad swings and a poor fit causing bad swings. Nick couldn't take the C-Tapers out of my hands fast enough. He noticed that I wasn't loading the shaft and my tempo increased to try and force the load causing an increase in dispersion.
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]#TheWRX 12/11/16[/font]

Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6

Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8

Apex 20* AD IZ 85

Apex Pro 19 4-PW KBS Proto

MD4 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper

Toulon Austin Longneck Garage

Jones Utility Rover

Chromesoft X
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff The GOAT Advanced Members Posts: 27,959 ✭✭
    Look at that divot line from Matt, you know you can use the whole range Q you don't need to just keep backing up!

The Callaway guys thanked me for taking such great care of their grass lol (I basically don't take divots)
    Cobra F8+ 8.5 w/ Aldila NV 2KXV 65
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w//Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S300
    Odyssey O-works #7 Red Tank
    Averages_Redacted.jpg

Groupings_Redacted.jpg
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 16,743 ClubWRX
    I haven't been able to read all the summaries posted, but quick question: can you share any impressions of Apex Pro and Apex cf 16 if you did any sampling of the irons, and curious if any current Vokey wedge users found any nuggets while testing any particular wedges?

Thanks!
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

I haven't been able to read all the summaries posted, but quick question: can you share any impressions of Apex Pro and Apex cf 16 if you did any sampling of the irons, and curious if any current Vokey wedge users found any nuggets while testing any particular wedges?

Thanks!

I hit both those irons, I felt the apex was really soft for a bigger club, it's not like it's that massive though. But a soft feeling club.

I actually thought the feel was better than the pro, I just liked the look of the pros better. The pros I hot a lot more, and for a smaller club I got really nice flight and better distance than my Mizunos.

Sean ended up with the regular apex maybe he can chime in
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 24,008 ClubWRX
    Did anyone go into the trip already playing Cally clubs?
  • BirkoBirko Members Posts: 7
    I feel this is the right place to share my experiences of Callaway and their fantastic passion and customer service.

I have been fortunate to get to know a couple of people who work for Callaway through mutual friends and was delighted to host them at my club when they were visiting London, where my use of competitors' products was noticed and lightly mocked.

Fast forward a few months, and I was amazed to receive an email offering me a full bag fitting at the Callaway fitting centre just outside of London - now this can't compete with the amazing experience this thread is about - but it was an incredibly special day and everyone I met there was helpful and treated me like a pro.

The upshot of this is that I now have a full bag of Callaway clubs which perform fantastically (though having read this thread it does make me want to try the new driver to see how it compares to the 815 DBD!).

My fitting was not done to gain publicity for Callaway, or for marketing purposes. It was simply a fantastic gesture from someone who has great pride and passion for his company and wanted me to benefit from playing their clubs. I am not going to embarrass him by naming him.

It's easy to be cynical when companies do such promotional things as this trip - but there are lots of similar things (albeit on a smaller scale) which their people do which go under the radar which mean just as much to the individual who receives them.

Callaway are a class act.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 16,743 ClubWRX
    MtlJeff wrote:

Hawkeye77 wrote:

Thanks!

I hit both those irons, I felt the apex was really soft for a bigger club, it's not like it's that massive though. But a soft feeling club.

I actually thought the feel was better than the pro, I just liked the look of the pros better. The pros I hot a lot more, and for a smaller club I got really nice flight and better distance than my Mizunos.

Sean ended up with the regular apex maybe he can chime in

Thanks and would love Sean's input (I'm close to his vintage but not as smooth or sweet) or anyone else on that subject or wedge differences. I love the Legacy Blacks I picked up, and will likely sample the Apex when possible (or see what comes in the fall) and will be thinking of Callaway wedges as well.
  • dpb5031dpb5031 Advanced Members Posts: 4,937 ✭✭
    When will the new drivers be available for pre-order?

I'm playing the current XR16 SZ (awesome stick) and would love to get the new model as soon as it's released so I can bring it on a golf trip to the DR the 1st week in Feb!
    USGA Index: ~2

WITB:
    2018 Taylormade M3 8.5 Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6x
    Taylormade M2 Tour 15 Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 S
    Kasco K2K 33 - UST Axivcore 65 Tour Green S
    Ping G 22 Hybrid (2 flat) - Ping Tour 80 S
    Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
    Ping Glide 2.0 - SS 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
    Taylormade Ho Toe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
    Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
    Taylormade TP5X Ball
  • Ed SettleEd Settle #InsideTMAG ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 6,035 ClubWRX
    edited December 2016
    Great feedback gentlemen! I appreciate that you have shared as much information as you have. I'm sure there is still information that you're waiting on, and stuff you still can't talk about! I think you've done an admirable job of talking around those limitations and still giving us tons of information.

Thank you!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Twitter: @Ed_Settle

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Graphite Design VR-6X
    Fairway 3w: TaylorMade M5 Ti 3/15* GD GP-6X 
    Driving Iron: TM P-790 4/23* KBS Proto Hyb 85S
    Irons: New Level 4-PW Nippon Modus 105 S
    Wedges: New Level 50/Callaway Mack Daddy 52/60 WB Grind Modus 115 Wedge 
    Putter: 2019 Toulon Austin, Palm Beach, Las Vegas w/Stroke Lab shaft. 34", 2018 Toulon Garage Austin 34.5, 2017 Garage Columbus 34”, 2017 Garage Columbus SB, 2016 Garage Rochester 34", First Run Madison #11/100 34", 2017 Garage Colts Blue Indianapolis 34" 
    Ball: TM TP5/Callaway ERC Soft
    Bag: Vessel Black 14 way carry

My WITB
  • The Chicken ConnoisseurThe Chicken Connoisseur The Pengest Munch Banned Posts: 3,732
    Why can't you guys say the name of the driver when we have multiple threads with the name already

Why can't you guys say the name of the driver when we have multiple threads with the name already

Callaway asked us not to.
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

• Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX Charter Members, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,802 ClubWRX

Its called a non-disclosure agreement.....
    Callaway Customs Epic Flash 9* - HZRDUS Smoke
    Callaway Epic 15* - Diamana S+ 70
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 19* Hybrid - Diamana S+ 80
    Srixon Z785 4-PW - Nippon Pro Mosud 120
    Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 - DGTI S400
    Yes! Jenny Tour
    Snell MTB Black
  • Doc420Doc420 Advanced Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭
    dpb5031 wrote:

When will the new drivers be available for pre-order?

I'm playing the current XR16 SZ (awesome stick) and would love to get the new model as soon as it's released so I can bring it on a golf trip to the DR the 1st week in Feb!
    I think it comes out January 27
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:

A completely useless one at this point...
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83 Advanced Members Posts: 15,316 ✭✭
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:

The same thing could be said about your posts today..

Callaway Rogue SZ *9.0 w/ UST Mamyia Proforce V2 6F4 (US Open Edition)

Callaway Rogue SZ *13.5 w/ Project X Even flow 75 S

Callaway SZ Rogue SZ *18 w/ Project X Even flow 75 S

Callaway 18' Xforged 4-P w/ KBS $taper 120 S

Callaway Tactical Wedges 50S & 54S & 58W w/ True Temper S200

Odyssey #6 Long Neck White Hot

#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • HairpieHairpie Advanced Members Posts: 2,070

Hot Rod 71 wrote:

But one that genuine people honor...
    2016 M2/Fujikura Atmos TS Red 6S
    TEE 15* CB5/Fubuki 60R
    TM R7 TP 18.5* Epic T90S
    Ping I3 Blade 4-PW/JZ CushinS
    TM TP 52*
    TM TP ATV 56*
    TM TP ATV 60*
    Slighter Portland FPR
  • ChrisSPChrisSP Advanced Members Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hot Rod 71 wrote:

I bet you're a blast at parties.
    Srixon Z785 10.5*, Graphite Design Tour AD BB-7s
    Titleist F3-05 Prototype, 15*, Diamana Blueboard 83s
    Adams Fairway/Hybrid 20*, Attas T2 8x
    Srixon z765 4-7 iron, Modus 120s
    Srixon z965 8-PW, Modus 120s
    Callaway MD4 50*, Dynamic Gold S200
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 54*, AWT Wedge
    Cleveland RTX4 60*, Dynamic Gold S400
    SeeMore Nashville Z3c Mallet Black
    Srixon Z-Star
    I don't understand why it's so confusing, they asked us not to mention the name. We are aware the name is out there to hardcore gearheads, so are they. Nevertheless, they asked us not to mention it.

What were we going to say? "no way man, were gonna say it"

There's still a lot of casual fans that do not know the name, and how they want to release the club is their business.

• Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX Charter Members, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,802 ClubWRX

Hot Rod 71 wrote:

I guess I should just abandon my integrity and betray Callaway to tell you everything because you want me to.......
    Yes! Jenny Tour
    Snell MTB Black
  • Palauan HammerPalauan Hammer Advanced Members Posts: 3,117
    edited December 2016
    HotRod, MtlJeff or anyone of the other guys who have hit both the 815 DBD and the 2017 Drivers, how would compare the 2017 models to 815 DBD?

I would just try a bunch of drivers and look at numbers. I live on island in the middle of nowhere so there are no launch monitors, plus left handed clubs are almost non existent. I always have to do my best to research, and order blind. Any feedback helps my decision greatly. Thanks in advance!
    OGA Member #3232

Epic SubZero 9* Kuro Kage Dual Core TiNi XT 70tx
    Cally Xr Pro 14* GD Tour Ad MT 8tx
    Titleist 714 MB 3-Pw Nippon Modus 130x
    Nike Vr Forged 52,56,60 TT Dg S400
    Ping Anser 2
    I think the missing aspect of this is that we are in a micro climate of the golf world. There are a lot of people out there who don't know the name, the guys who play 20 rounds a year and arent members here. This is still a major market

Callaway I am assuming wants to control the message to those guys by not having multiple websites release it before they do. Why they want this, I can only guess

But they asked us not to mention it so we are not. It's not really more complicated than that

I didn't ask why YOU GUYS aren't saying it. Obviously they told you not to. I would do the same if told. I'm questioning why they themselves felt the need to do so

HotRod, MtlJeff or anyone of the other guys who have hit both the 815 DBD and the 2017 Drivers, how would compare the 2017 models to 815 DBD?

I would just try a bunch of drivers and look at numbers. I live on island in the middle of nowhere so there are no launch monitors, plus left handed clubs are almost non existent. I always have to do my best to research, and order blind. Any feedback helps my decision greatly. Thanks in advance!

I have both 815 and 816 DBD drivers and the new 2017 drivers are much better. MOI is much higher, even on the low spin version. To me they also look, feel, and sound better.

Better performance and more forgiveness are an easy sell.
    Yes! Jenny Tour
    Snell MTB Black
    They didn't explicitly tell us why, just that they wanted to release it a certain way, and for us to respect that.

Harry had lunch with us at HQ and we did ask him, but he was in and out on calls so we didn't have a long drill down on it

He just said they wanted to do the launch a certain way and that's why they asked sites not to reveal the name.
    edited December 2016

I didn't ask why YOU GUYS aren't saying it. Obviously they told you not to. I would do the same if told. I'm questioning why they themselves felt the need to do so

Read your original post. You certainly did ask why WE couldn't say it. This has been a really good thread, please don't troll it.
    Yes! Jenny Tour
    Snell MTB Black
  • Palauan HammerPalauan Hammer Advanced Members Posts: 3,117
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:

I have both 815 and 816 DBD drivers and the new 2017 drivers are much better. MOI is much higher, even on the low spin version. To me they also look, feel, and sound better.

Better performance and more forgiveness are an easy sell.

Sounds like a no brainer then haha!
    OGA Member #3232

Epic SubZero 9* Kuro Kage Dual Core TiNi XT 70tx
    Cally Xr Pro 14* GD Tour Ad MT 8tx
    Titleist 714 MB 3-Pw Nippon Modus 130x
    Nike Vr Forged 52,56,60 TT Dg S400
    Ping Anser 2
  • SchneeSchnee SOTABM ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 5,403 ClubWRX

Because they as a company want to control the release of their product line. Part of that is revealing the name.
    "Grasshopper breaks wing
    soars with Master's healing words.
    Winter grounds him"

-Hawkeye77

Becky Johnson Award Nominee 2016

Titleist TS2 9.5* EvenFlow White T1100 6.5 65g
    Taylormade SLDR Mini 14* Diamana Limited Edition 80g
    Titleist 818 H1 Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
    Irons Under Construction
    Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.14F Stealth S200
    [Vokey SM7 58.V Oil Can S200
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Welded Neck Custom (name TBD)

ig-badge-48.png
  • mixxedbagmixxedbag Advanced Members Posts: 478
    Schnee wrote:

Because they as a company want to control the release of their product line. Part of that is revealing the name.

Pretty sure Callaway's twitter and the magazine ads saying #EpicIsComing have revealed that.
    2017 Bag
    TaylorMade M1 2017 460 9.5 Rogue Silver 70X/Callaway Epic SubZero 10.5/Titleist 917D3
    TaylorMade M1 2017 15 Graphite Design DI-8X/Callaway Epic SubZero 15/Titleist 917F3
    TaylorMade M1 2017 19 Graphite Design BB-8X
    Mizuno MP-5 4-PW Project X 6.5/Srixon Z965 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5/Titleist 716 MB 4-Pw Dynamic Gold AMT X100
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50F, 54S, 58K
    Odyssey O-Works 1 Wide 34"/Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5/Scotty Cameron GoLo 7
    I believe it is just to drive up the hype. A buildup from USGA confirming list that was deliberately earlier than usual to a late January release.

If people are talking about why we can't say the name, they are at least talking about their new product.

I may not agree with it and may think it is a little dumb, but they are experts at what they do, market golf clubs.
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

Hot Rod 71 wrote:

Read your original post. You certainly did ask why WE couldn't say it. This has been a really good thread, please don't troll it.

The implication was why THEY told you not to say it. Obviously you were told, it's not like you guys collectively made a decision lol
    We all know it's dumb or at least think it.

However, I have been along for the ride since "picturegate" and I ain't getting off till the end.

There's also a front page story on this website with the name
    At the end of the day were not gonna say it. No matter how dumb it is.

If you guys want to know more about why, tweet at callaway and ask them!

We tried on the trip to ask, and they did not give us a detailed answer. We just had to give them pictures of our dogs, and their whereabouts, so they could execute them if we violated the contract.

• Papa JohickPapa Johick My Girl Duffners Advanced Members Posts: 4,449 ✭✭
    Ok well back in track a little here. Macpea....

You said the regular head was akward/didn't fit your eye. You and the fitter seemed to be lmworried about the low spin version along with your miss. You ended up with 8* as your setting. Did you try to go up at all in loft to possibly raise the spin a tad to help with your miss? If so, what happened to stay away? Did it spin too much at that point?
    Forever Changing at this point.......
  • ell_13ell_13 Members Posts: 74

There's also a front page story on this website with the name
    Is this what you do? Find pointless things to question simply to be contradictory without providing anything relevant to the thread?
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue SZ 9*; Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    TM M1 3W; Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
    TM M2 3H; TaylorMade REAX 75S
    Srixon 765 4-PW; Modus Tour 120S
    Callaway MD Forged 50*, 54*, 60*; KBS Wedge 120
    GP Tour Wrap Grips on Irons/Wedges
    GP MCC 4 on Woods
    Bettinardi DASS BB0 w/ FIT Face[/font]
  • Doc420Doc420 Advanced Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭
    I'm sure they had to sign something. Everybody knew from the start of this trip they wouldn't be able to give specifics of new equipment, so let it go.
    giphy.gif

Disney lovers know they were thinking the same thing

• Diesel24Diesel24 Members Posts: 9

Ok well back in track a little here. Macpea....

You said the regular head was akward/didn't fit your eye. You and the fitter seemed to be lmworried about the low spin version along with your miss. You ended up with 8* as your setting. Did you try to go up at all in loft to possibly raise the spin a tad to help with your miss? If so, what happened to stay away? Did it spin too much at that point?

I believe he said he's a high launch, low spin player and my guess is a higher loft would result in ballooning
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,813 ✭✭
    MtlJeff wrote:

So just general question to guys reading, because we actually didn't discuss how we were going to roll this out once back (Hipcheck if you want to chime in)

This thread has been a lot of pics and talking about the trip which was awesome. But first and foremost we want to get you guys feedback on the stuff we hit, particularly the new driver and woods, but also putters, wedges....irons with different shafts and feedback on that etc etc....

I feel like that will get lost in here, and i am sure many of you have product related questions. I think all of us who were there don't want this to become us just making inside jokes about how awesome playing Torrey was or the like. We want to get you guys info on the products that is helpful or interesting

Should we start individual threads in the equipment forums on our bag fittings that will be just devoted to that? Do you want to see that? (Is that OK Rob or would that be too many open ones?)

Please! I was hoping I didn't have to read through 40 pages to find the data and product reviews! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • WaterboyWaterboy #TheWRX Advanced Members Posts: 1,291 ✭✭
    Schnee wrote:

I believe they also have agreements with the major market golf sources (golf digest, golf, golfweek) to all release at an agreed time. If they tell those people specifically to not say anything about the name or post pictures then some golf forum is out there releasing all this info and posting pictures it makes a few people upset.
    Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
    Site: www.thebottomgroove.com

WITB:
    Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
    Callaway BBA 5 Wood
    Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
    Apex Hybrid 23deg
    Apex Pro 5i-PW
    MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
    MD3 60 PM Grind
    Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)
  • chickenpotpiechickenpotpie #TeamJetSpeed Advanced Members Posts: 8,537
    Part of this thread reminds me of conversations you have with a 4 year old. "Why is water wet?"

"Because it is."

"Why?"

"That's dumb"

"Yeah"

"Why is water so dumb?"

Argh....
    Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
    WITB Link
This discussion has been closed.