#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

Comments

• J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,263 ✭✭
    MtlJeff wrote:

Here is a list of excuses i will use when you see my unimpressive LM numbers with driver

1) Arm fell asleep on flight

2) Wind was in the face all day

3) Going from the east coast to west coast you lose yards due to time zone

4) My carry distances were in meters due to being Canadian

5) Stop being a "hater" bro (not necessarily applicable, but will just write that)

Under promise and over deliver.
    Callaway Flash SZ 9* / ROGUE 130msi Silver 70TX
    Nike VR Pro LTD 15* / Aldila RIP 80X
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV

GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
  • oldtimieoldtimie Members Posts: 49 ✭✭
    Three pages and they aren't even there yet. I remember reading all the posts when the first group went back to Callaway(The dscvrr group). What a blast that was. Some of the best I've read on this site.
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Members Posts: 3,586 ✭✭
    I'm all packed and someone isn't happy I'm leaving.
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Apex 20* AD IZ 85
    Apex Pro 19 4-PW KBS Proto
    MD4 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper
    Toulon Austin Longneck Garage
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X
  • CwingCwing Members Posts: 7,995 ✭✭
    Congrats and keep the updates/reviews coming.
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Caddytek V2
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • WaterboyWaterboy #TheWRX Members Posts: 1,294 ✭✭
    MtlJeff wrote:

Here is a list of excuses i will use when you see my unimpressive LM numbers with driver

1) Arm fell asleep on flight

2) Wind was in the face all day

3) Going from the east coast to west coast you lose yards due to time zone

4) My carry distances were in meters due to being Canadian

5) Stop being a "hater" bro (not necessarily applicable, but will just write that)

I'm just going to stick with "I'm not very good, but I have a warm personality."
    Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
    Site: www.thebottomgroove.com

WITB:
    Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
    Callaway BBA 5 Wood
    Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
    Apex Hybrid 23deg
    Apex Pro 5i-PW
    MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
    MD3 60 PM Grind
    Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,168 ✭✭
    Anyone who's been got any good suggestions for stuff to do in Carlsbad? I'm going a day early due to real or imagined potential weather

So far my plans for Saturday are to just download the app for both Tinder AND grinder and just see what happens
    Ping G400 Max 9 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w//Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S300
    Odyssey O-works #7 Red Tank
  • Dscvrr St LouisDscvrr St Louis #CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & HOGAN Ft Worth ClubWRX Posts: 5,395 ✭✭
    MtlJeff wrote:

Anyone who's been got any good suggestions for stuff to do in Carlsbad? I'm going a day early due to real or imagined potential weather

So far my plans for Saturday are to just download the app for both Tinder AND grinder and just see what happens

Carlsbad Village is walkable with great restaurants and the beach is close too. Good Bar up the coast a bit called the Compass!!
    Callaway Rogue SZ 8.0(9.0-N/-1), XPHLEXXX Agera Red Stripe Stiff, Veylix Rome 788, VA Composites Raijin 74 04
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15 Veylix 888 FM4 Matte Black, VA Composites Raijin 74 04
    Callaway BB Alpha 815 Hybrid 20*(Set to 19*)Veylix Rome 988 S
    Callaway X Forged 2017/Apex MB 2017 Modus 3 Tour 120 X
    Toulon Garage Long Island, Tad Moore Seve TM2(2017), Piretti Potenza Tour Only, Tad Moore TM4(2018), Tad Moore TM7 JV(1992), Ping ZB Vault 2.0
    Callaway MD4 54/58 Modus 3 125 Wedge/ Vega 50/54/58 Modus 125 Limited Blue

WITB Link
  • Sean2Sean2 #TheWRX (Callaway Trip) Members Posts: 30,826 ✭✭

Sean2 wrote:

I too offer my sincere thanks to Callaway and GolfWRX for this wonderful opportunity. You could have knocked me over with a very small feather when I was asked if I wanted to go. This will be my first golf trip.

I started playing at 50 and am now 61. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have an opportunity like this. I'm still a bit in a state of shock.

Well Deserved....nuff said!! Enjoy!!

Thank you :-)
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Steelhead XR 25º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway "O" Works #7[/font]
  • No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_JapanMembers Posts: 5,085 ✭✭
    Can someone ask them what the "R" and dots* on the hosels of their superb Callayway forged prototype irons meant? I've heard lots of different reasons, from headweights, to clubhead lies, to conforming/non-conforming grooves. I'd like to hear the definitive answer from the horse's mouth.

*E.g. .R. versus ..R..
    Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Wilson fg-62 S300 4/5-PW or MP4 Yoro Modus 125X 5-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD2 T-grind combination of 52*, 56*, 58*, 60*
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield

Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99) Foxboro, MAMembers Posts: 2,361 ✭✭
    Enjoy, Gents!
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Epic Flash 9.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4 17.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway X-Forged UT 27.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Callaway X-Forged UT 30.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 CB-57 7-8 Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 Baby Blade 9-P Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 52.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 58.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 KM-350 Soft Black DGTI Black Smoke S-400
    Callaway 2018 Chrome Soft X
  • Forged4everForged4ever Putting is 98%+ Mental..... ClubWRX Posts: 15,596 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 8, 2016 #72
    Sean2 wrote:

I too offer my sincere thanks to Callaway and GolfWRX for this wonderful opportunity. You could have knocked me over with a very small feather when I was asked if I wanted to go. This will be my first golf trip.

I started playing at 50 and am now 61. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have an opportunity like this. I'm still a bit in a state of shock.
    This post almost made me misty eyed, lmao

Started playing at 50, now 61 and your first golf trip. Genuine surprise and happiness.

Bro, the only thing that would make me happier than you goin on this friggin trip is if Maddie called me right now, told me that she was pregnant, we were having a Boi and she wants to name him RP Jacobs III, lol

Talk about never in my wildest dreams, LMAO

Seriously though, I'm happy that you're gonna get to hit the ball in December in warm sunny weather!!

Fairways Greens Safe Travels & God Speed ⛳️

Richard
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • shmitty18shmitty18 Members Posts: 65

Can someone ask them what the "R" and dots* on the hosels of their superb Callayway forged prototype irons meant? I've heard lots of different reasons, from headweights, to clubhead lies, to conforming/non-conforming grooves. I'd like to hear the definitive answer from the horse's mouth.

*E.g. .R. versus ..R..

Not sure what the dots mean but I heard the R stands for Roger Cleveland who designed the wedges. Not sure if that's definitive or not though.
  • shmitty18shmitty18 Members Posts: 65
    shmitty18 wrote:

*E.g. .R. versus ..R..

Not sure what the dots mean but I heard the R stands for Roger Cleveland who designed the wedges. Not sure if that's definitive or not though.

Disregard that. I misread. You said irons. Not wedges
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,614 ClubWRX
    Nice to see some recognizable names on that list. Guys who are regular posters.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • nitramnitram Take Dead Aim Members Posts: 5,177 ✭✭
    Congrats winners. Prepare for first class treatment. Make us proud...
    JBeam BM-435 Blackout 9* Accra Tour-Z RPG 352
    TEE CBX 15* Accra Tour-Z RPG 382
    Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 19* Veylix Rome 988X
    PING S55 4-W DGTI X100
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 50SS, 56SS, & 60ES DGTI S400
    Bettinardi Tour DASS Minovai 2.0
  • adfrickadfrick Cure MS! Posts: 332 ✭✭
    Super envious here, but happy for you guys. Have a blast and I look forward to hearing all about it!
    Callaway Epic 9.0 w/Mitsu Grand Bassara
    Titleist 915F 3W
    TMaG 4 Rescue 2011
    PXG 0311XF 5-7 Steelfiber
    PXG 0311 8-GW Steelfiber
    Scotty Newport Notchback 34"
    Titleist BV 54 & 58 Wedges
  • callawayjaycallawayjay Goofiest Left Handed Swing Ever Members Posts: 1,578 ✭✭
    Being left handed I am most interested in mtljeff and his anecdotes and wisdom. I may pm you with specific questions and issues

Have fun.
  • SplitterSplitter The truth is out there.... Members Posts: 3,396
    MtlJeff wrote:

There's got to be at least one course within 50 miles. Just brainstorming here. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_JapanMembers Posts: 5,085 ✭✭
    MtlJeff wrote:

Legoland.
    Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Wilson fg-62 S300 4/5-PW or MP4 Yoro Modus 125X 5-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD2 T-grind combination of 52*, 56*, 58*, 60*
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield

Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
  • Hope you guys have a fantastic experience!
  • mguhlermguhler Posts: 719 ✭✭
    so jealy. Have a great trip, stoked to read all about it.
    Cally Epic SZ 9* - Aldila Tour Green
    Cally X2 Hot Pro 15* - Aldila Tour Green
    Srixon ZH45 #3 & #4 - Kuro Kage Black 70
    Mizuno MP-5 4-9 - Grafalloy ProLogic
    Scratch 8620DS 47* -Steelfiber i95s
    Vokey SM6/M Brushed Copper 54* & 58*
    Tour Cameron NP2
    WITB Link
  • ladahlladahl Members Posts: 6,868
    Epic!!!!

As much as I'm intrigued about the new drivers... Thus trip has got to be equally about the experience and the wonderful folks at Callaway.

Have a wonderful time, and we will all be watching - and - being jealous!

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Ping G400 Max Veylix Alphina 673<br />'16 TM M2 16.5* HL Veylix Rome 888 <br />Callaway Epic #3H KBS Proto 95<br />PXG 0311X #4 KBS Proto 95 <br />PXG 0311 Black 5/6/7 0311T Black 8/9/W Aerotech SteelFiber 95 S<br /> SM7 Jet Black 50*, 54* & 58* TT DG TI Onyx S400<br />PXG Mustang S Black[/font]<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />WITB Link[/font]
  • getair23getair23 Members Posts: 1,922 ✭✭
    No pressure boys! We are totally relying on you to get us through the winter with your experiences. To be non biased(I wouldn't be), and to have the time of your life. Safe travels guys.
    Ping G400 MAX Aldila Rogue Silver-X
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 Elements Chrome 7F5T
    Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x
    Fourteen RM 21 50* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Bettinardi "The Hive" Black 54* and 60* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+
    Evnroll ER2 
  • south_side_leftysouth_side_lefty Posts: 1,109 ✭✭

Being left handed I am most interested in mtljeff and his anecdotes and wisdom. I may pm you with specific questions and issues

Have fun.

Ditto image/bye.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />
  • HISPLHISPL Members Posts: 3,068
    Have an awesome trip!

The people you will meet are first class all the way!

I've had the pleasure of meeting a handful of the team at Carlsbad on a couple of occasions and always came away the better for it!

• knudson81knudson81 My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50 Marshals, Media Staffer Posts: 3,091 mod
    edited Dec 9, 2016 #87

MtlJeff wrote:

Carlsbad Village is walkable with great restaurants and the beach is close too. Good Bar up the coast a bit called the Compass!!

Dscvrr knows first hand how comfortable the chairs are! Could almost take a nap in them....

Have fun guys, it will be one of the best times of your golfing lives!
    Make sure to follow Two Guys Talking Golf!

Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg
  • Dscvrr St LouisDscvrr St Louis #CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & HOGAN Ft Worth ClubWRX Posts: 5,395 ✭✭
    knudson81 wrote:

MtlJeff wrote:

Dscvrr knows first hand how comfortable the chairs are! Could almost take a nap in them....

ahem, part of being older is knowing how to drink and NAP at the same time!! Very useful skill!!
    Callaway Rogue SZ 8.0(9.0-N/-1), XPHLEXXX Agera Red Stripe Stiff, Veylix Rome 788, VA Composites Raijin 74 04
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15 Veylix 888 FM4 Matte Black, VA Composites Raijin 74 04
    Callaway BB Alpha 815 Hybrid 20*(Set to 19*)Veylix Rome 988 S
    Callaway X Forged 2017/Apex MB 2017 Modus 3 Tour 120 X
    Toulon Garage Long Island, Tad Moore Seve TM2(2017), Piretti Potenza Tour Only, Tad Moore TM4(2018), Tad Moore TM7 JV(1992), Ping ZB Vault 2.0
    Callaway MD4 54/58 Modus 3 125 Wedge/ Vega 50/54/58 Modus 125 Limited Blue

WITB Link
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,263 ✭✭

knudson81 wrote:

MtlJeff wrote:

ahem, part of being older is knowing how to drink and NAP at the same time!! Very useful skill!!

I would post some pics but this isn't our trip and I don't want to steal any thunder image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

CallaWRX 3 - "Make CallaWRX Great Again"
    Callaway Flash SZ 9* / ROGUE 130msi Silver 70TX
    Nike VR Pro LTD 15* / Aldila RIP 80X
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV

GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,168 ✭✭

Have fun.

Happy to help!

Hodrod is also a lefty, there's 2 of us!
    Ping G400 Max 9 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w//Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S300
    Odyssey O-works #7 Red Tank
  • HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes. The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,223 mod
    J13 wrote:

knudson81 wrote:

MtlJeff wrote:

I would post some pics but this isn't our trip and I don't want to steal any thunder image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

CallaWRX 3 - "Make CallaWRX Great Again"

Hahaha.

We are rolling with #TheWRX

As in "Callaway is going to give these guys The WRX", because they are.
    Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

This discussion has been closed.