#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

Comments

• ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,573 ✭✭
    HipCheck wrote:

It's time...

They've kept the trip (mostly) quiet until now, but the time is here to post. All are excited for the experience.

We kick off officially 5PM Sunday night, Pacific Time with some night time at Ely Callaway Performance Center!

This is the first night event ever at ECPC, so it's going to be a blast.

More updates on Monday and Tuesday as we have a packed itinerary there as well.

They guys are chomping at the bit, so we're opening it up to posting and look forward to the community following along.

Enjoy!

- Hip

So we have 2 lefties attending MtJeff and Hot Rod 71? Cool!
  • HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes. The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,223 mod
    Yep! Callaway has been really gone out of their way to provide some lefty love here.
    Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

• gregh729gregh729 #TheWRX 2016 Members Posts: 2,858 ✭✭
    We'll be nice to them even though they stand on the wrong side of the ball image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />

I play with several lefties and until recently, they did not have access to much of the new stuff. The fitting carts don't have much for the 'handers. Maybe that is why I change clubs like I change socks and they've been playing the same stuff for years.
    Callaway Epic SZ, 9*
    Callaway Epic 15*, 18*
    Callaway Rogue 4H, 21*
    Callaway Steelhead XR, 5-AW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 54F, 58K
    Odyssey O-Works Black 7s
  • Sean2Sean2 #TheWRX (Callaway Trip) Members Posts: 30,826 ✭✭
    Sean2 wrote:

I too offer my sincere thanks to Callaway and GolfWRX for this wonderful opportunity. You could have knocked me over with a very small feather when I was asked if I wanted to go. This will be my first golf trip.

I started playing at 50 and am now 61. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have an opportunity like this. I'm still a bit in a state of shock.
    This post almost made me misty eyed, lmao

Started playing at 50, now 61 and your first golf trip. Genuine surprise and happiness.

Bro, the only thing that would make me happier than you goin on this friggin trip is if Maddie called me right now, told me that she was pregnant, we were having a Boi and she wants to name him RP Jacobs III, lol

Talk about never in my wildest dreams, LMAO

Seriously though, I'm happy that you're gonna get to hit the ball in December in warm sunny weather!!

Fairways Greens Safe Travels & God Speed ⛳️

Richard

Richard, thanks for your kind words!

I am a bit nervous about the trip. I don't mind the flying, it's airports I have a problem with.

Good luck with little Richard! :-)
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Steelhead XR 25º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway "O" Works #7[/font]
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,597 ✭✭
    ^^^ you will be fine, relax and enjoy your trip!
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • Sean2Sean2 #TheWRX (Callaway Trip) Members Posts: 30,826 ✭✭
    Sean2 wrote:

I too offer my sincere thanks to Callaway and GolfWRX for this wonderful opportunity. You could have knocked me over with a very small feather when I was asked if I wanted to go. This will be my first golf trip.

I started playing at 50 and am now 61. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have an opportunity like this. I'm still a bit in a state of shock.
    This post almost made me misty eyed, lmao

Started playing at 50, now 61 and your first golf trip. Genuine surprise and happiness.

Bro, the only thing that would make me happier than you goin on this friggin trip is if Maddie called me right now, told me that she was pregnant, we were having a Boi and she wants to name him RP Jacobs III, lol

Talk about never in my wildest dreams, LMAO

Seriously though, I'm happy that you're gonna get to hit the ball in December in warm sunny weather!!

Fairways Greens Safe Travels & God Speed ⛳️

Richard

Richard, thanks for the kind words!

I hope little Richard comes around soon! :-)
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Steelhead XR 25º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway "O" Works #7[/font]
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Members Posts: 3,585 ✭✭
    I take off tomorrow morning at 8am. Unfortunately we have a Christmas party tonight and my wife isn't looking forward to waking up, both hungover at 5am to get me to the airport at 6:30am.

I hope American Airlines can supply me with a Bloody Mary or two once in the air.
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Apex 20* AD IZ 85
    Apex Pro 19 4-PW KBS Proto
    MD4 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper
    Toulon Austin Longneck Garage
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99) Foxboro, MAMembers Posts: 2,356 ✭✭
    Man. I got more jelly everytime I check in on this thread.

#TeamCallaway
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Epic Flash 9.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4 17.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway X-Forged UT 27.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Callaway X-Forged UT 30.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 CB-57 7-8 Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 Baby Blade 9-P Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 52.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 58.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 KM-350 Soft Black DGTI Black Smoke S-400
    Callaway 2018 Chrome Soft X
  • ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,573 ✭✭
    gregh729 wrote:

We'll be nice to them even though they stand on the wrong side of the ball image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />

I play with several lefties and until recently, they did not have access to much of the new stuff. The fitting carts don't have much for the 'handers. Maybe that is why I change clubs like I change socks and they've been playing the same stuff for years.

Haha you think the members on here are equipment fanatics you should see Lefty BST we're as OCD as they come haha
  • rileypratherrileyprather Members Posts: 251
    You guys get to play Torrey Pines?! Harry dropped that piece of info on the Ship Show. Have fun!!
    WITB:
    Callaway EPIC SZ - HZRDUS T800 6.0
    Callaway EPIC 3+ - HZRDUS T800 6.0
    Titleist 913h 19 - Diamana blue
    Wishon 575 cb/mb combo - Project X rifle 5.5
    Callaway MD3 - 52 - 56 - 60
    Scotty Select Newport 2 (2018)
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX ClubWRX Posts: 9,036 ClubWRX

You guys get to play Torrey Pines?! Harry dropped that piece of info on the Ship Show. Have fun!!

I was actually listening as you typed this!

"We have the group from GolfWRX next week. Such a fun time of the year. We get to go out to Torrey Pines, scope out the redesign. The North is open now, so we will check that out, but I think we are playing the South. Ohhhhh, a little teaser. Beat down!!!"
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro White 70TX
    Callaway GBB Epic SZ (15°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • LeftymooseLeftymoose Members Posts: 1,242 ✭✭
    ssfranny wrote:

HipCheck wrote:

It's time...

They've kept the trip (mostly) quiet until now, but the time is here to post. All are excited for the experience.

We kick off officially 5PM Sunday night, Pacific Time with some night time at Ely Callaway Performance Center!

This is the first night event ever at ECPC, so it's going to be a blast.

More updates on Monday and Tuesday as we have a packed itinerary there as well.

They guys are chomping at the bit, so we're opening it up to posting and look forward to the community following along.

Enjoy!

- Hip

So we have 2 lefties attending MtJeff and Hot Rod 71? Cool!

Awesome. I'm also looking forward to the feedback
  • HashtagChadHashtagChad Sponsors Posts: 10
    What's up, fellas? We're SO pumped to host you guys this week! Might even have a few surprises up our sleeves...

Safe travels and I'll see you tomorrow.

-Chad

What's up, fellas? We're SO pumped to host you guys this week! Might even have a few surprises up our sleeves...

-Chad

Awesome! So who do I need to talk to about getting a little $$$ game set up for Torrey?
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Apex 20* AD IZ 85
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X
  • BrizamBrizam Junkie ClubWRX Posts: 948 ClubWRX

-Chad

Can't wait!!! I should probably start packing soon.
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX ClubWRX Posts: 9,036 ClubWRX
    QMany wrote:

"But I think we are playing the South."

*Presses play on Greatest Rounds Ever - 2008 US Open on DVR and packs red/black outfit*
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro White 70TX
    Callaway GBB Epic SZ (15°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,261 ✭✭

-Chad

Chad I still haven't received flight info or an invitation. Kinda getting concerned with it being travel day tomorrow. Bags are packed just need to know what time to be at the airport. Thanks man image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Have fun fella's
    Callaway Flash SZ 9* / ROGUE 130msi Silver 70TX
    Nike VR Pro LTD 15* / Aldila RIP 80X
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV

GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
    edited Dec 10, 2016 #139
    Just finished packing my final bag for our trip. Callaway asked us to bring the necessary items for golf except clubs and balls. I've got two rolls of lead tape in case I need to channel my inner Phil Mickelson, sunglasses, golf shoes, tees, ball marker, divot repair tool, rangefinder, our schedule of events and my MacBook and iPad so I can keep in touch with WRX at the end of every night.

#TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Apex 20* AD IZ 85
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X
  • bruinsPATSirishbruinsPATSirish Golf is hard. Members Posts: 6,429
    mackepa wrote:

Just finished packing my final bag for our trip. Callaway asked us to bring the necessary items for golf except clubs and balls. I've got two rolls of lead tape in case I need to channel my inner Phil Mickelson, sunglasses, golf shoes, tees, ball marker, divot repair tool, rangefinder, our schedule of events and my MacBook and iPad so I can keep in touch with WRX at the end of every night.

Rock and roll.

Mack is ready to ball!
    bruinsPATSirish WITB!
    Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
    Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
    Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
    TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
    Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
    Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole
  • HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes. The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,223 mod
    mackepa wrote:

Psst. You don't need the rangefinder.
    Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

• WaterboyWaterboy #TheWRX Members Posts: 1,294 ✭✭
    mackepa wrote:

Can you get lead tape through tsa?
    Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
    Site: www.thebottomgroove.com

WITB:
    Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
    Callaway BBA 5 Wood
    Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
    Apex Hybrid 23deg
    Apex Pro 5i-PW
    MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
    MD3 60 PM Grind
    Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)
    HipCheck wrote:

mackepa wrote:

Oh boyyy. I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to have a caddie I can disappoint!

Waterboy wrote:

mackepa wrote:

That is a good question. It's not real lead so I guess I can?
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Apex 20* AD IZ 85
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X
    mackepa wrote:

HipCheck wrote:

mackepa wrote:

Oh boyyy. I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to have a caddie I can disappoint!

Waterboy wrote:

mackepa wrote:

That is a good question. It's not real lead so I guess I can?

We'll still love you!

mackepa wrote:

-Chad

Awesome! So who do I need to talk to about getting a little $$$ game set up for Torrey?

Oh come on, now. That's a given!
    J13 wrote:

-Chad

Chad I still haven't received flight info or an invitation. Kinda getting concerned with it being travel day tomorrow. Bags are packed just need to know what time to be at the airport. Thanks man image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Have fun fella's

Oh, yeah. Um...about that....
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99) Foxboro, MAMembers Posts: 2,356 ✭✭
    mackepa wrote:

I just threw up.

"Don't bring your clubs or balls", was the forewarning?

..... Very, very dizzy!
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

mackepa wrote:

I just threw up.

"Don't bring your clubs or balls", was the forewarning?

..... Very, very dizzy!

We shipped our driver and 6 iron to test against the new product. Other than that we weren't suppose to bring clubs.
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Apex 20* AD IZ 85
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X
    Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

.... I don't need to know anymore.
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

• ChillyDipperChillyDipper Members Posts: 1,024 ✭✭
    MtlJeff wrote:

Pure745 wrote:

MtlJeff wrote:

This should be a lot of fun, not just for the Callaway experience but also to meet the other guys going. Being in Montreal I don't get to meet a ton of real life WRX guys.

As others have said thanks to golfwrx for the opportunity, and thanks to callaway for accommodating a Canadian (not always eligible for stuff) a lefty (not always eligible for stuff) and some other generous stuff too with travel

Look forward to updating you guys

^^ bolded part can be a major.. or I should say, major, wildcard image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />

Well out of the 8 of us I can't yet identify the inevitable weird guy that everyone will secretly not like

Oh ****. I think I heard a saying about that once

Just make sure you say "sorry" enough to keep the auspice of polite behaviour safe for the likes of me, a fellow, lefty Canadian living down here in the US of A.
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]WIMB:[/font]
    [font="trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif"]Callaway Epic Subzero[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping G 3W[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 712U - 2i [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]VR Pro Blade - 3-9 [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey SM6 - GW SW LW[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]SC Newport 2 - AOP [/font]
  • ChillyDipperChillyDipper Members Posts: 1,024 ✭✭
    I think it goes without saying that we all here, the Unlucky, trust that you, the Chosen, realize you carry a heavy burden. You represent us all here: our eyes, our ears, our mouth, our minds. We trust that you will take with you and report to us with a healthy dose of skepticism, rigor, and goodwill. Farewell wherever you fare.
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]WIMB:[/font]
    [font="trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif"]Callaway Epic Subzero[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping G 3W[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 712U - 2i [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]VR Pro Blade - 3-9 [/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey SM6 - GW SW LW[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]SC Newport 2 - AOP [/font]
This discussion has been closed.