#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

Comments

• mackepamackepa #TheWRX  3713WRX Points: 278Members Posts: 3,713 Titanium Tees
    gregh729 wrote:

I think we might need to go back out to test the new Rogue line vs.Epic!

Don’t you mean the “2018” line? We gotta fulfill our non disclosures!
    Posted:
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Epic Flash TC 18.5* Kai Li 80
    Apex Hyb TC 20* Kuro Kage 80s
    X Forged Utility 24(bent 22*) KBS $-Taper
    RAZR MB 5-PW KBS Prototype
    MD4 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper
    Odyssey 10
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X Triple Track
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX  9181WRX Points: 293Handicap: +2.5ClubWRX Posts: 9,181 ClubWRX
    I'm most interested in the Mack Daddy 4 wedges and the new X Grind. My 60* is dead; I may wait for the MD4 to release to replace it.
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff Montreal 29335WRX Points: 2,235Handicap: 0.0Members Posts: 29,335 Titanium Tees
    I am hoping we get picked again and they have a 2018 line of baby cribs, strollers, car seats, and wood floors
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/DG 300
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2.0 PM 60
    SGC NorthWood CS 400g 
  • Peanut191Peanut191  1880WRX Points: 94Members Posts: 1,880 Platinum Tees
    MtlJeff wrote:

I am hoping we get picked again and they have a 2018 line of baby cribs, strollers, car seats, and wood floors

And a Callaway version of the Corolla with jailbreak?
    Posted:
    M2 10.5, set to 9.75, D5, KK XT 70s
    M2 Tour 16.5, Diamana Thump 85s
    Titleist 913 21* Kiyoshi White 95 04 flex
    Srixon 745 4-PW, Dynamic Gold 115s
    Callaway Razr Forged GW 51
    Vokey 56F 14 bounce, Vokey 60M
    Scotty Newport 1.5
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff Montreal 29335WRX Points: 2,235Handicap: 0.0Members Posts: 29,335 Titanium Tees
    Peanut191 wrote:

MtlJeff wrote:

And a Callaway version of the Corolla with jailbreak?

No more corollas haha. They were fine cars though. I got bored with them
    Posted:
    Ping G410 4-SW w/DG 300
    SGC NorthWood CS 400g 
  • chippa13chippa13  2519WRX Points: 326Members Posts: 2,519 Titanium Tees
    Sounds like the Callaway minivan might be in order.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Sean2Sean2  32096WRX Points: 1,913Members Posts: 32,096 Titanium Tees
    So the other day I am in the local municipal golf shop to pay the greens fees, while waiting I look on the wall with used equipment for sale and I see, what I think are the best looking/feeling MBs of all time: Callaway Tour Authentic X-Prototypes. The price was great, the condition excellent. However, I would have had to get them re-shafted...a bit too costly proposition. :-0
    Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• QManyQMany #TheWRX  9181WRX Points: 293Handicap: +2.5ClubWRX Posts: 9,181 ClubWRX
    What were they asking for them? Great looking head.
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

QMany wrote:

What were they asking for them? Great looking head.

$200.

But I would have negotiated to see if I could get a better price. :-)
    Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• BrizamBrizam Junkie  994WRX Points: 148ClubWRX Posts: 994 ClubWRX
    MtlJeff wrote:

So if all goes well, which i'm hoping..... Mrs MtlJeff is due next April, which is great for junior his/her pro hockey prospects (read "outliers" people!) but pretty horrible for my golf game for the next foreseeable, you know, forever.

So yeah, thinking really hard about those Steelheads.

Congrats Jeff!!!! its the best thing you will ever do. Frustrating, exhausting and the most rewarding thing ever..... Having kids makes playing golf more enjoyable, its quiet time away from the chaos.
    Posted:
    My news certainly isn't as good as Jeff's but my X forged irons just got delivered!
    Posted:
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Odyssey 10
    Jones Utility Rover

Advertisement
    mackepa wrote:

My news certainly isn't as good as Jeff's but my X forged irons just got delivered!

Lol!

Enjoy the new irons!
    Posted:

Sean2 wrote:

mackepa wrote:

Lol!

Enjoy the new irons!

I will let you know how many times i wish i could trade with you over the next few years haha.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 4-SW w/DG 300
    SGC NorthWood CS 400g 
  • gregh729gregh729 #TheWRX 2016  3113WRX Points: 637Members Posts: 3,113 Titanium Tees
    haha!

None! You are going to love being a Dad and you'll make a great one.
    Posted:
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7721WRX Points: 280Handicap: 7.1ClubWRX Posts: 7,721 Titanium Tees
    MtlJeff wrote:

Sean2 wrote:

mackepa wrote:

Lol!

Enjoy the new irons!

I will let you know how many times i wish i could trade with you over the next few years haha.

Congrats too both of you!

I want a review of the X and the little ones grip!
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link
  • WaterboyWaterboy #TheWRX  1313WRX Points: 120Members Posts: 1,313 Platinum Tees
    MtlJeff wrote:

Sean2 wrote:

mackepa wrote:

Lol!

Enjoy the new irons!

What are you going to do with RH clubs?
    Posted:
    Twitter:
    Site: www.thebottomgroove.com

WITB:
    Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
    Callaway BBA 5 Wood
    Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
    Apex Hybrid 23deg
    Apex Pro 5i-PW
    MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
    MD3 60 PM Grind
    Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

Advertisement
    Waterboy wrote:

MtlJeff wrote:

Sean2 wrote:

mackepa wrote:

Lol!

Enjoy the new irons!

What are you going to do with RH clubs?

Hit from behind all the trees that will be blocking me after i stop practicing, i guess ....lol
    Posted:
    Ping G410 4-SW w/DG 300
    SGC NorthWood CS 400g 
  • WaterboyWaterboy #TheWRX  1313WRX Points: 120Members Posts: 1,313 Platinum Tees
    Paul - you going to talk about these x-forged yet? Compare to apex pro?
    Posted:
    Twitter:

WITB:
    Callaway BBA 5 Wood
    Apex Hybrid 23deg
    Apex Pro 5i-PW
    MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
    MD3 60 PM Grind
    Waterboy wrote:

I haven’t had much time to hit them with work and all the cold weather. I managed to sneak in a round with them the other day and I did really like them. I like the overall shape a lot more than the Apex Pro. I didn’t like how rounded the short irons in the Apex Pro appeared to me.

Feel wise I wouldn’t say there is a clear winner. I think I like the X Forged better but I would say that I need to get past the honeymoon stage to be certain.

I saw a bunch of people say they launched the X Forged real high but my flight has been a nice penetrating flight so far which is what I prefer.

Posted:
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Odyssey 10
    Jones Utility Rover
    mackepa wrote:

Waterboy wrote:

I haven't had much time to hit them with work and all the cold weather. I managed to sneak in a round with them the other day and I did really like them. I like the overall shape a lot more than the Apex Pro. I didn't like how rounded the short irons in the Apex Pro appeared to me.

Feel wise I wouldn't say there is a clear winner. I think I like the X Forged better but I would say that I need to get past the honeymoon stage to be certain.

I saw a bunch of people say they launched the X Forged real high but my flight has been a nice penetrating flight so far which is what I prefer.

Did you ever see the previous apex pro? I feel like the leading edge on the short irons was a lot straighter then the 16's. Comparable to that?

I want to hit them, but I am also thinking about just blind ordering and going from there.
    Posted:
    Twitter:

WITB:
    Callaway BBA 5 Wood
    Apex Hybrid 23deg
    Apex Pro 5i-PW
    MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
    MD3 60 PM Grind
    Waterboy wrote:

mackepa wrote:

Waterboy wrote:

I haven't had much time to hit them with work and all the cold weather. I managed to sneak in a round with them the other day and I did really like them. I like the overall shape a lot more than the Apex Pro. I didn't like how rounded the short irons in the Apex Pro appeared to me.

Feel wise I wouldn't say there is a clear winner. I think I like the X Forged better but I would say that I need to get past the honeymoon stage to be certain.

Did you ever see the previous apex pro? I feel like the leading edge on the short irons was a lot straighter then the 16's. Comparable to that?

I want to hit them, but I am also thinking about just blind ordering and going from there.

Yes. I did him the previous apex Pros as well and the shape was much nicer on those. I think the original Apex Pros felt god awful.

I will say I feel like the new X Forged are really forgiving for the style of head.
    Posted:
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Odyssey 10
    Jones Utility Rover

Advertisement
  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX  8950WRX Points: 304Handicap: lowClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,950 ClubWRX
    Hey Paul, how about a couple of side-by-side photos of the new XF and the AP16?
    Posted:
    PING G400 LST 10* - Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6X
    Callaway Epic 15* - Diamana S+ 70X
    Callaway 815 Alpha 20* - Aldila Phenom 100X
    Callaway 2013 X-Forged 4-PW - KBS $ Taper 120
    Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 60 - DGTI S400
    Toulon Garage San Diego
    Snell Black
    The X Forged look really good! But I love my Apex Pros, and I'm not ready to bite the $1,300 bullet for new irons. I may never be. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

Hot Rod 71 wrote:

Hey Paul, how about a couple of side-by-side photos of the new XF and the AP16?

I’ll try to remember to post some up when I get home.
    Posted:
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Odyssey 10
    Jones Utility Rover
  • Optimus-ParOptimus-Par Transform, and roll putts.  633WRX Points: 101Members Posts: 633 Golden Tee

Seeing the TM thread going on now with guys visiting the Kingdom made me want to go and re-read this thread and look for good info - thinking about putting together a full Callaway bag.

Dipped my toe in the water.....

I play in a nine-hole league on a short track (2900 yards plus or minus) so I put together a partial/minimalist bag to carry for my league:

Steelhead XR 3+ with a Matrix 75M4 Black Tie

Steelhead XR Pro 7 iron (bent weak to 33), 9 iron (bent weak to 42), and GW (bent weak to 51) with KBS Tour-V

Mack Daddy PM Grind (58) with KBS Tour-V

Odyssey White Hot RX 2-Ball V-line with Golf Pride Tour SNSR Straight grip

These are joining an Adams XTD hybrid at 18.5 degrees and an Adams DHY iron at 24 degrees that I already own and love. The course is very easy and predictable and I feel like I will be able to work my way around it just fine. I am excited.
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]~ What's in my bag is more than meets the eye ~[/font]
    QMany wrote:

The X Forged look really good! But I love my Apex Pros, and I'm not ready to bite the $1,300 bullet for new irons. I may never be. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />

I am happy with my clubs too, Matt. I will just live vicariously reading about what our confederates are hitting these days. :-)
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Sean2 wrote:

QMany wrote:

I am happy with my clubs too, Matt. I will just live vicariously reading about what our confederates are hitting these days. :-)

I remember what it was like to buy golf clubs LOL. I miss those days, well....i mean great things are happening for Jeff, just not in any way related to golf. In fact they will almost certainly result in me being a much worse at golf. But i digress...

Sadly, almost everything you need for a new house costs the same as a new set of irons, and they are nowhere near as buttery soft, including my new human sized couch poof! This weekend we got a dinner table, new appliances, 2 sofas, a bedroom set, and baby clothes that have a lot of slogans on them women find cute. (the baby clothes were cheap, yes for small miracles!)

On the plus side, i could fit a corpse in my new fridge. I am thinking of putting my own in there

But it's safe to say the Callaway bag is going nowhere. I'm just planning to use the Ping G since i will really suck next year
    Posted:
    Ping G410 4-SW w/DG 300
    SGC NorthWood CS 400g 
    MtlJeff wrote:

Sean2 wrote:

QMany wrote:

I remember what it was like to buy golf clubs LOL. I miss those days, well....i mean great things are happening for Jeff, just not in any way related to golf. In fact they will almost certainly result in me being a much worse at golf. But i digress...

Sadly, almost everything you need for a new house costs the same as a new set of irons, and they are nowhere near as buttery soft, including my new human sized couch poof! This weekend we got a dinner table, new appliances, 2 sofas, a bedroom set, and baby clothes that have a lot of slogans on them women find cute. (the baby clothes were cheap, yes for small miracles!)

On the plus side, i could fit a corpse in my new fridge. I am thinking of putting my own in there

But it's safe to say the Callaway bag is going nowhere. I'm just planning to use the Ping G since i will really suck next year

Yeah, but your new furniture/appliances will last you a long time...and you won't suck next year. You will just be a little less great. :-)
    Posted:

• BrizamBrizam Junkie  994WRX Points: 148ClubWRX Posts: 994 ClubWRX
    MtlJeff wrote:

Sean2 wrote:

QMany wrote:

You wont suck next year you'll be a Dad, and there truly isn't anything better. Just don't suck at being a Dad.

You will soon find a balance of family and golf. Took me a little while but we got it figured out.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • DNice26DNice26  4188WRX Points: 159Members Posts: 4,188 Titanium Tees
    Almost the one year anniversary.....come on Cally .....hook GolfWRX with another trip!

I will be happy to take one for the team and attend if necessary. image/hi.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':hi:' />
    Posted:

TaylorMade M6 10.5, Graphite Design 6X, 45.25"
    TaylorMade RBZ Tour Issue 18, Aldila Tour Blue 7X
    Ping G410 19 hybrid, Tensai Blue 8TX
    TayorMade P790 4 & 5 Iron, 770 6-PW, KBS C-Taper S
    TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12, 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

This discussion has been closed.