Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Sand Valley

123457»

Comments

• PureGolf313PureGolf313 Members Posts: 66 ✭✭

Made it up to our lakehouse right next to SV for a extended weekend over the holiday and did not play golf but made a trip out to SV as I always do just to take everything in. My wife and I love to hike and we decided to hike the new Bentley trail which runs near Doaks Sedge Valley Plot and let me tell you I will be very excited to see this course come to life. There are four huge rock outcroppings with some major elevation changes that I am sure will be incorporated into the design and I envision a gem. I believe this part of the property offers the most dramatic landscape. I have to pinch myself everytime I go out there.

• LBRMGRLBRMGR New York, NYMembers Posts: 433 ✭✭✭✭

play 3 rounds at SV...2 at Sand Valley or 2 at Mammoth? GO!

TaylorMade 2017 M1 10.5° driver - Aldila Rogue Silver Stiff
    TaylorMade 2016 M1 3-wood
    Titleist 913H 19°
    TaylorMade 2-iron UDI P790 - KBS Tour Stiff
    TaylorMade P770 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.0 120g
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52.08 F, 60.10 S
    2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5
    Titleist ProV1x
    Profile Picture: 16th Tee @ Sleepy Hollow
  • marks21marks21 Members Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

@MGoBlue said:
    play 3 rounds at SV...2 at Sand Valley or 2 at Mammoth? GO!

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1770455/24-hours-and-53-holes-at-sand-valley/p2

There has been a bit of discussion in the forum above in regards to your question. Personally, I would go two at SV and one at Mammoth. Mammoth is a ton of fun and if I only had one round, I would play it over SV. However, I would play that course same way each time whereas SV is more strategic. The more you play it, the better it gets and the more knowledge you know where to play your shots or where to avoid.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.5* HZRDUS Smoke 70X
    Titleist 917F2 15* Diamana D+ 80x
    Mizuno MP18 SC 3-PW KBS C Taper S+
    Muira Wedge Series 51* 55* 59* KBS C Taper S
    Toulon Portland H3
    Srixon Z-Star XV / Snell MTB-X

• PhreddyPhreddy Members Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I could only play one it would be SV over Mammoth. SV is more penal. But I like that. Good shots are rewarded and misses are penalized. Mammoth is more generous. All tee balls are good shots, but some are rewarded more than others.

Phred

If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.
  • tideridertiderider Members Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

2 at sand valley, easily ....

• Lefty96Lefty96 Members Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

I am going to have to say I would prefer two at mammoth. I understand what you are saying that sand valley can be played multiple ways and that is a good reason to play a second round there, but I think I would rather have a second shot at going low on mammoth. I would want two chances at each drivable par 4 and a second chance at all the par 5s. If things bounce your way on mammoth you can easily post the lowest round of your life, which is something I’d want to take a second crack at.

Callaway Rogue Subzero 9*/Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
    XR 16 15* 3w/fukijura 565 Stiff
    Adams Red 18*/Matrix altus Stiff
    4-PW 718 AP3/AMT tour white Stiff
    50* cleveland RTX 2.0 (10* bounce)
    56* cleveland RTX 2.0 (12* bounce)
    60* cleveland RTX 2.0 (6* bounce)
    Odyssey O-Works #9 with Garsen Ultimate grip

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights