Nike Explorer 2 Shoe

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/explorer-2-mens-golf-shoe/pid-11240673/pgid-11867777?cp=usns_pdsoc_nike_122516_mln_fbk_x_glf_rtgng_dpa_x_x_x&k_clickid=da83d06b-9506-4657-940e-26bb8dcc68b8

Anyone had any experience with these? Just ran across them and I really like the look of them. Thinking about picking up a pair but wanted to see what people thought of them that had worn them.
Tagged:

Comments

• AustincountyagAustincountyag Members Posts: 196 ✭✭
    SWenzel04 wrote:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/explorer-2-mens-golf-shoe/pid-11240673/pgid-11867777?cp=usns_pdsoc_nike_122516_mln_fbk_x_glf_rtgng_dpa_x_x_x&k_clickid=da83d06b-9506-4657-940e-26bb8dcc68b8

Anyone had any experience with these? Just ran across them and I really like the look of them. Thinking about picking up a pair but wanted to see what people thought of them that had worn them.

I have a pair of the originals that I bought on a whim and they have held up well. I wear them when the course is sloppy or if I just need to throw a pair in the truck "just in case". Seem to be pretty much waterproof.

For the price they are hard to beat.

The nubs though are quite worn for being a year or so old. For reference I have close to 70 rounds in the Ecco biom and nubs look brand new.
  • bryanwmilburnbryanwmilburn Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭
    Don't have them but just checked them out bc of this thread. May be ordering some black ones soon. Very nice looking for the cost!!!
    Everything in my bag has imploded.
  • Bholden52Bholden52 Members Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Glad you made this post, I really like the looks too. I wish they had regular spikes
  • SWenzel04SWenzel04 Members Posts: 119
    Oddly enough it showed up in an ad on facebook. Checked them out and loved the look and price.
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? ClubWRX Posts: 7,508 ✭✭
    I think they look better in the pictures then they do I person! I saw them at the PGASS yesterday and they looked and felt like cheap plastic
    Cobra F9 8* Atmos Blue 6S
    XR Steelhead 15* Atmos Red 7S
    818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link
  • scagnettiscagnetti Haq Attaq Members Posts: 549 ✭✭
    I just bought a pair. Should be delivered next week, so I’ll let you know how they get on...
    Winter Bag

Sun Mountain 2017 4.5LS Stand Bag
    PING Anser 9* GD Tour AD Di-6-X
    PING Rapture (2014) 13* 3W Aldila RIP Phenom Tour 70-X
    Wilson/Staff D-100 17* 2H Matrix Ozik Altus 5.6-S
    Callaway Apex UT 21* & 24* UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
    Adams Idea Black CB2 5-PW KBS Tour 90-S
    Nike VR Pro X3X 52/10 & 58/08  DG S400
    Odyssey TD Black 9
    scagnetti wrote:

I just bought a pair. Should be delivered next week, so I’ll let you know how they get on...

so they were just delivered, and I'll tell you the truth, they fit nice, good and snug, not too stiff (my problem with FJs)...

BUT (because there's always a but)...

The toe design, the top of the toe, an area irrelevant to fitting, has a intergalactic chevron-based design thing that is REALLY distracting. I forgot to take photos (back at work now), so I dug up this photo from the web:

Winter Bag

Odyssey TD Black 9
    edited Feb 14, 2018 #9
    Okay so I’ve done both range time and now a round in the wet, and the shoes have TRULY IMPRESSED. It appears they’re waterproof because my feet were dry and just about any prior shoe I’ve worn would have been or looked soaked in today’s conditions.

On another note, the traction is excellent, the fit very very comfortable, and as concerned above, the toe design was not in fact a distraction while at address. Still don’t like that weird galactic-chevron thing but if it’s the secret to the shoe I won’t bother complaining again.

One last note on the traction (especially in the wet): simply superb BUT (here’s that but...), it appeared to kind of pull up some turf on the tee box. I don’t have a particularly violent motion or a real history of tearing up the turf on the tee box during a swing, but I noticed it multiple times today. Made me concerned a bit on the greens but wasn’t destructive there.

Not really a complaint but the traction is so good and thorough it may be too good and tear up the turf. Just FYI.

TERRIFIC SHOES, AND IS NOW MY GO TO WET WEATHER GOLF SHOE!
    Winter Bag

Odyssey TD Black 9