Phoenix/Scottsdale Course Recommendation...

PhilMickFanPhilMickFan Members Posts: 665 ✭✭
Going to spend a few days in Phoenix with my father the first week of February to go to Waste Management, watch the super bowl, and play a couple of days. We are already booked for one round the Monday after super bowl at Lookout Mountain.

Looking to play one more time on that Tuesday. Would like to play a nice course. Will just be my dad and I. Looking at Greyhawk, Troon, Dinosaur Mountain. Interested in any opinions or advice on where we should play. We are looking for awesomeness, not necessarily the hardest course. We are not scratch golfers. Thanks guys.

Comments

• puttnforthe8puttnforthe8 Members Posts: 2,810 ✭✭

Going to spend a few days in Phoenix with my father the first week of February to go to Waste Management, watch the super bowl, and play a couple of days. We are already booked for one round the Monday after super bowl at Lookout Mountain.

Looking to play one more time on that Tuesday. Would like to play a nice course. Will just be my dad and I. Looking at Greyhawk, Troon, Dinosaur Mountain. Interested in any opinions or advice on where we should play. We are looking for awesomeness, not necessarily the hardest course. We are not scratch golfers. Thanks guys.

Read the SW forum...hundreds of threads
  • PhilMickFanPhilMickFan Members Posts: 665 ✭✭

Read the SW forum...hundreds of threads

Awesome. Thanks for taking the time post that. Super helpful.
  • teejaywhyteejaywhy Official GolfWRX Curmudgeon Members Posts: 7,176 ✭✭
    We-Ko-Pa Saguaro course. My #1 Phoenix metro course. Most awesome and fun-to-play for all skill levels.

Lookout Mountain... eh, not so much.
  • DoubleXLDoubleXL Members Posts: 291 ✭✭
    Everyone is going to be very opinionated about the course you decide to play. The list you provided all are very good courses. If you're looking for visuals, Dinosaur Mountain is well thought of as a good tourist course but not especially loved by the locals who have the option of nitpicking each of these. Everyone's different and will have some type of complaint. Lookout Mountain will a fine course for you to get your feet wet if you haven't played in a few weeks/months.
    Cobra Fly-Z driver
    Exotics E8 Tour 3W
    Ping G30 5w
    Honma 737V 4-10 irons
    Vokey 50/54/60
    Bettinardi SS7 Halfmoon
  • Olson12Olson12 ClubWRX Posts: 2,196 ClubWRX
    I would cancel the lookout mountain and choose 2 of the 3 below

Wikenburg Ranch

We-Ko-Pa Saguaro

Ak-Chin Southern Dunes
    2017 M1 with Project X HZRDUS T1100
    Cobra F8+ 16* 4 wood with HZRDUS Black
    Cobra Oversized 19* Hybrid with HZRDUS Black
    Cobra ForgedTech 6-PW
    Ping Forged 50* 54* 60*
    Oddysey Exo #7
  • PhilMickFanPhilMickFan Members Posts: 665 ✭✭
    Olson12 wrote:

Wikenburg Ranch

We-Ko-Pa Saguaro

Ak-Chin Southern Dunes

Thanks for the suggestion. We are staying near the Lookout Mtn course and have two guys that need to catch a flight to Vegas that afternoon. So we chose Lookout based solely on the proximity for Monday's round. For Tuesday's round we are playing Troon North Pinnacle.

Thanks to all who responded.
  • Olson12Olson12 ClubWRX Posts: 2,196 ClubWRX

Olson12 wrote:

Wikenburg Ranch

We-Ko-Pa Saguaro

Ak-Chin Southern Dunes

Thanks for the suggestion. We are staying near the Lookout Mtn course and have two guys that need to catch a flight to Vegas that afternoon. So we chose Lookout based solely on the proximity for Monday's round. For Tuesday's round we are playing Troon North Pinnacle.

Thanks to all who responded.

Papago is closer to the airport and 100x better then lookout mountain
    2017 M1 with Project X HZRDUS T1100
    Cobra F8+ 16* 4 wood with HZRDUS Black
    Cobra Oversized 19* Hybrid with HZRDUS Black
    Cobra ForgedTech 6-PW
    Ping Forged 50* 54* 60*
    Oddysey Exo #7