who carries a 1 or 2 iron???????

animalisticanimalistic 7th Hole Ballybunion !!Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,235
got a rac mb rifle 6.0 2 iron lately to replace a callaway 5 wood.feel and flight and workability is amazing and i dunno y i didn switch earlier

Comments

• alcap26alcap26 Charter Members Posts: 1,345 ✭✭
    edited Dec 29, 2005 #2
    I love my 2 iron. I hate hybrids.

(did not rtealize this was in the juniors forum...I am not a junior)
  • golfer_juniorgolfer_junior Members Posts: 1,152
    I carry an old Wilson Staff Tour Blade 2-iron.
  • tanjtanj Jr. Boomers Posts: 664
    I have a Mizuno MP-33 2-iron that is great off the tee and is pure off the fairway. Like alcap said, I hate hybrids and fairway woods. I'm just so inconsistent with them.
  • kkherekkhere Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,138
    i have an apex 2 iron in the bag. Like look of an iron more than a hybrid
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Members Posts: 1,783 ClubWRX
    I put a 2-iron in the bag on really windy days and just take out one of my wedges (because I have a 4 wedge set-up). I love the two iron, but I just found that I could hit more shots that were critical with a hybrid than I could with a 2-iron on a normal day.

- Bryan
  • NCSU Wolfpack 10NCSU Wolfpack 10 Members Posts: 165
    I carry a Cally X-Tour 2 iron that is awesome. Could be the best 2 iron ever.

Adam
  • animalisticanimalistic 7th Hole Ballybunion !! Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,235
    nice to see so many of you still carrying 2irons
  • stickmanstickman Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,981
    i've never even hit a 2 iron. I carry a 3 thou.
  • 690MB690MB Members Posts: 327
    I used to play Apex plus irons and after reading : How to build a classic golfswing by Ernie Els I decided to buy an Apex Edge 2 iron. Since then my scores have gone down. I hit more fairways and because of that more g.i.r and because of that...etc.

I use it primairly of the tee, I can't realy hit it spot on of the deck because in comparison to my 690's it has kind of a blunt head, but of the tee it's marvelous! I hit it about 235 yards and when it's not on the fairway it's just beside it (rarely been searching my balls in the woods eversince) and that leaves me with long shots into the greens but I rather hit 2 iron-6 iron then take my change with the driver (280 yards)- wedge combination.
  • ScottWS33ScottWS33 Up and down for par Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,379
    edited Dec 30, 2005 #11
    Used to play a Callaway X-12 2 iron but replaced it with a hybrid this year. Find them much easier to hit consistantly. I could really nail the two iron and it was great from the tee and when I needed a boring shot but I could hit some really poor shots to and so it got ditched.
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 9° (set to 10°) w/ Speeder 565 Stiff
    Titleist 910F 17° (set to 16.25°) w/ MFT Kai'li 75 Stiff
    Titleist 913H 21° (set to 20.25°) w/ Diamana S+ 82HY Stiff
    Titleist AP2 4-9 w/ XP 95 S300
    Vokey SM4 46°, 52°, 56°, 60°
    Scotty Cameron GoLo S 34"
  • k-unitk-unit Members Posts: 321
    762 2 iron, i hate hybrids, hook or slice all day, the 2 iron is LONG and straight
  • Ryno920Ryno920 Members Posts: 105
    I used to play an old 2 iron that I got for $3 back when I only had a 12 club set. But now Ive got new irons and my bag is full. I have a hybrid 2 iron that I really don't like, the only reason I have it is because it was free. I'll probably get a rac os or lt 2 iron for next season.
  • csg51csg51 Members Posts: 29
    690.CB 2-iron

can't stand hybrids
  • larslars Members Posts: 272 ✭✭
    I have a S59 2i that I swap in and out of the bag w/ my 4W depending on the course and conditions I am playing in.

L
  • king6king6 Members Posts: 167
    i have a Titleist 762 1 (never saw a 1 iron on ebay might be tour?) and 2 iron.

Love these clubs. 2 iron is easy to hit. i use my 1 iron only for train the long irons.
    great to see so many of you using 1 and 2 irons.when i posted this topic i expected a bunch of people telling me that the 2 iron is dead and that the utility and hybrid is much better.hogwash!!! keep up striking those 1s and 2s!!!!!!!!!
  • sync71sync71 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,534
    As of right now I have a Warrior Hybrid in my bag. I am toying with the idea with getting a 2-iron. I'm not sure what I'm going to do at the moment.
  • GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    To be honest with you the 1 iron is DEAD!!!!!!!!! BUT I LOVE MY 2!!!!haha LoL....gimme my good ole' blade 690.mb 2 iron any day.

Dan "goose" image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2
  • NCSU Wolfpack 10NCSU Wolfpack 10 Members Posts: 165
    I have a new RAC TP Tour 2 iron coming next week. Cant wait to hit this side by side with my X-Tour 2 iron.

Adam
  • cjdrcccjdrcc Jr. Boomers Posts: 543
    duce in the hole! I also believe that the long irons will never die, they are too valuable when the ball needs to be low and workalbe. Hooray for hold-outs!! image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':birthday:' />
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    ive got a duece and im too in consistent, use it for knockdowns and tee shots
  • TReedTReed Members Posts: 289
    I use a 2 iron but I might switch it out for some driving iron sometime
  • Cameron Circle TCameron Circle T The Doc Junior Mod Squad Posts: 2,210 ✭✭
    I use a 2 iron S59 and will use a 2 iron when i get my 680's i hit the ball so high it doesnt fly like a 2 iron though, really penetrating ballflight thats not balloony just high so i like a 2iron bc these hybrids shoot up on me. The only way ill go to one of those is either the bridgestone air muscle or the 503i at least those looks somewhat like a normal iron to me.
  • JHRJHR Charter Members Posts: 4,347 ✭✭
    I have a 2 iron for all my sets, i use one almost every round unless i am trying something new.
    excellent stuff from everyone strikin the long, long irons!!!!
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    i have a DI but its 16 degrees so im not sure if its 1 or 2 iron but cant hit it off the fairway
  • golfer_juniorgolfer_junior Members Posts: 1,152
    **** JHR nice stix, didn't notice those b4.
  • littleprov1xlittleprov1x Members Posts: 1,050 ✭✭
    I switch between a 04 RAC T stamp mb 2 iron and a rescue tp 19 (i am tryin to get the new dual tp rescue to behave, but it wont). I like the two iron for windy days and on certain courses where we play because there are some shots that it is useful for. Overall the hybrid is breat though because it is a lot easier out of thick rough, plus i chip with it.
  • Golfin4WeezerGolfin4Weezer Members Posts: 173
    Yeah, They are called a 3 wood and a Rescue. You guys can play your 2 irons and 1 irons all day long, but I think you should take a hint from the majority of the professionals of our fine sport. Wheres the 2 iron? Oh wait, they carry a ironwood in place of it. image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    golfin4weezer

doesnt your sig say your usin a 2 iron?????? image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />