Precision Pro NX7/NX7 Pro

1131416181926
26

Comments

  • Precision Pro GolfPrecision Pro Golf  288Sponsors Posts: 288
    Joined:  edited Apr 27, 2018 #452
    lawsonman wrote:


    Just ordered the NX7! Can't wait to use it.




    Awesome! Thanks so much for choosing Precision Pro Golf! Enjoy your rangefinder and let us know what you think. ⛳
    Posted:
    Swing with Confidence. Hit More Greens.

    www.precisionprogolf.com

    $20 OFF with Discount Code GOLFWRX.

    PPG-_Swing_With_Confidence.jpg


  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • asimoneasimone  36Members Posts: 36
    Joined:  #453
    Used my NX7 for the first time yesterday. It was the first rangefinder I've used so I can't really compare it to others but I loved it. Had no issues with it and definitely preferred using a range finder over GPS app on my cell phone.
    Posted:
    Driver: Titleist 917 D2
    3 Wood: Titleist 904 F
    Hybrid: 21 deg Cobra Baffler
    4i-PW: Titleist 718 AP2
    Wedges: Cleveland CG10 in 54 and 60 deg
    Putter: Odyssey White Steel #1
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Freeport, Illinois 5755Members Posts: 5,755
    Joined:  #454
    Used my NX7 last night in golf league for the first time. Absolutely love it! Pretty steady wind of 15-20 mph with gusts up to 40 and I had no issues locking on to flags. Very clear, lightweight with a nice case and D ring attachment. Best money I've spent in a while!
    Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Ping Anser 17,20,23 Hybrids
    Ping G410 6-UW Irons ( Next Season ? )
    Ping 54WS,58ES Wedges
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3


    Snell MTB X
  • Precision Pro GolfPrecision Pro Golf  288Sponsors Posts: 288
    Joined:  edited May 3, 2018 #455
    That's what we like to hear, @asimone and @lawsonman!; Thanks so much for purchasing a Precision Pro Golf rangefinder. When the time comes, don't forget that we offer free battery replacement for the NX7 series rangefinders. Just fill out this form and we'll send you a batter within a couple days. (But don't worry... you will have a long time before that battery wears down.)



    Thanks again and enjoy your rounds!
    Posted:
    Swing with Confidence. Hit More Greens.

    www.precisionprogolf.com

    $20 OFF with Discount Code GOLFWRX.

    PPG-_Swing_With_Confidence.jpg


  • CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals, 8172Members Posts: 8,172
    Joined:  #456
    I’ve got a Caddytek that works great. I used it all last season on a single battery. It has slope but does not have the lock in vibration feature. I recently tried a friends that had Jolt and I found that feature intriguing.



    Why should I switch?
    Posted:
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    Cleveland RTX 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1
  • Prof3ssorProf3ssor Hit it, find it, hit it again!  962Members Posts: 962
    Joined:  #457
    RobYakes wrote:



    The only issue I've seen is that occasionally I'll get a reading that shows something like 7.1 yards (when I'm obviously 100+ yards out. Occasionally it'll correct itself if I shoot a different target and then shoot the pin again. This past round I did run into an issue where no matter where I shot, it would only give me between 3 and 7 yards. Finally had to take the battery out and put it back in for it to work without an issue. Apart from that inconvenience, I really think this is by far the best combination of performance and price on the market.




    Same thing happens with my NX7 Pro. I'd say probably 1/3 of the time I get a reading from 3-7 yrds when I'm clearly much farther to pin (100+). That or it will show as no battery in the viewfinder and then not provide a distance. Have to wait until it shuts off then try it again. Hoping a new battery will fix this. Other than having to shoot pins 2-4 times to get a reading (from the 3-7 or battery error), still a big fan. At a fraction of the cost of a Bushnell and within 1-2 yards of most competitors on the market (I always try to compare when I'm playing with golfers who have other range finders), not to mention an American-owned small business, Precision Pro delivers a great product.




    I just used mine for the first time today and experienced the same thing as both of these users . I had to either take the battery out to fix the issue or reshoot a different target several times. This does not seem like an isolated incident and I'm thinking of returning the unit.
    Posted:
    Cobra ZL - AD DI
    TM Mini Driver
    M6 Hybrid
    P790 4-PW
    Vokey SM7's
    Newport 2
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Freeport, Illinois 5755Members Posts: 5,755
    Joined:  #458
    Prof3ssor wrote:

    RobYakes wrote:



    The only issue I've seen is that occasionally I'll get a reading that shows something like 7.1 yards (when I'm obviously 100+ yards out. Occasionally it'll correct itself if I shoot a different target and then shoot the pin again. This past round I did run into an issue where no matter where I shot, it would only give me between 3 and 7 yards. Finally had to take the battery out and put it back in for it to work without an issue. Apart from that inconvenience, I really think this is by far the best combination of performance and price on the market.




    Same thing happens with my NX7 Pro. I'd say probably 1/3 of the time I get a reading from 3-7 yrds when I'm clearly much farther to pin (100+). That or it will show as no battery in the viewfinder and then not provide a distance. Have to wait until it shuts off then try it again. Hoping a new battery will fix this. Other than having to shoot pins 2-4 times to get a reading (from the 3-7 or battery error), still a big fan. At a fraction of the cost of a Bushnell and within 1-2 yards of most competitors on the market (I always try to compare when I'm playing with golfers who have other range finders), not to mention an American-owned small business, Precision Pro delivers a great product.




    I just used mine for the first time today and experienced the same thing as both of these users . I had to either take the battery out to fix the issue or reshoot a different target several times. This does not seem like an isolated incident and I'm thinking of returning the unit.




    I'm 100% positive Precision will take care of your issues if you call them.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Ping Anser 17,20,23 Hybrids
    Ping G410 6-UW Irons ( Next Season ? )
    Ping 54WS,58ES Wedges
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3


    Snell MTB X
  • MixedBagMixedBag  1491Members Posts: 1,491
    Joined:  #459
    Traded my backup irons at PTSS yesterday for a NX7 Pro...they had to order it (none in store), so hopefully I'll get it next week........it will probably be a Bentley compared to my old 1500 Pinseeker I recently lost.
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]M1 10.5 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] F9 3/4[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]F9 5/6[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] AMP Cell 4/5h[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] CG16 5-PW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Grindworks[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 86 Series - 50* and 56*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sunset Beach[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 60*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM Chaska (silver) / Lajosi mid-mallet prototype[/font]
  • Prof3ssorProf3ssor Hit it, find it, hit it again!  962Members Posts: 962
    Joined:  #460
    lawsonman wrote:

    Prof3ssor wrote:

    RobYakes wrote:



    The only issue I've seen is that occasionally I'll get a reading that shows something like 7.1 yards (when I'm obviously 100+ yards out. Occasionally it'll correct itself if I shoot a different target and then shoot the pin again. This past round I did run into an issue where no matter where I shot, it would only give me between 3 and 7 yards. Finally had to take the battery out and put it back in for it to work without an issue. Apart from that inconvenience, I really think this is by far the best combination of performance and price on the market.




    Same thing happens with my NX7 Pro. I'd say probably 1/3 of the time I get a reading from 3-7 yrds when I'm clearly much farther to pin (100+). That or it will show as no battery in the viewfinder and then not provide a distance. Have to wait until it shuts off then try it again. Hoping a new battery will fix this. Other than having to shoot pins 2-4 times to get a reading (from the 3-7 or battery error), still a big fan. At a fraction of the cost of a Bushnell and within 1-2 yards of most competitors on the market (I always try to compare when I'm playing with golfers who have other range finders), not to mention an American-owned small business, Precision Pro delivers a great product.




    I just used mine for the first time today and experienced the same thing as both of these users . I had to either take the battery out to fix the issue or reshoot a different target several times. This does not seem like an isolated incident and I'm thinking of returning the unit.




    I'm 100% positive Precision will take care of your issues if you call them.




    I hope so as I just e-mailed them. I brought it out again today and had the same issues over and over again. It would keep displaying a number like 4.5 yards when I was say 175 yards out. I had to keep shooting different targets in order to get it to work and I also had to pull the battery.
    Posted:
    Cobra ZL - AD DI
    TM Mini Driver
    M6 Hybrid
    P790 4-PW
    Vokey SM7's
    Newport 2
  • dingusflingersdingusflingers  173Members Posts: 173
    Joined:  edited May 5, 2018 #461
    Mine worked fine the first time I used it, flawless. Less than a week later, either no reading or something between 3-4 yards. Unimpressed. Hopefully their customer service is as good as advertised on wrx.
    Posted:
    Titleist 915D 8.5
    Titleist 913F 15
    Wilson Staff V4 3i Utility
    Wilson Staff V4 4-GW
    Wilson Staff PMP 56/60
    Scotty Cameron Studio Design 5
    Volvik S3
  • dingusflingersdingusflingers  173Members Posts: 173
    Joined:  #462
    Folks with the 3-4yard readings-



    Customer service recommended not getting your finger or anything else in front of the laser (uh, thanks) but also cleaning the laser.



    I noticed the smallest amount of dust on my laser, not enough where I would have ever thought it would have made a difference. Cleaned it off, unit worked as it should. Not sure if that was the problem or not yet but I'll be testing further through the week.
    Posted:
    Titleist 915D 8.5
    Titleist 913F 15
    Wilson Staff V4 3i Utility
    Wilson Staff V4 4-GW
    Wilson Staff PMP 56/60
    Scotty Cameron Studio Design 5
    Volvik S3
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Prof3ssorProf3ssor Hit it, find it, hit it again!  962Members Posts: 962
    Joined:  #463


    Folks with the 3-4yard readings-



    Customer service recommended not getting your finger or anything else in front of the laser (uh, thanks) but also cleaning the laser.



    I noticed the smallest amount of dust on my laser, not enough where I would have ever thought it would have made a difference. Cleaned it off, unit worked as it should. Not sure if that was the problem or not yet but I'll be testing further through the week.


    Thanks for the reply as I received the same info from CS. I'll give it a go and clean the lens as I really hope that is the issue.
    Posted:
    Cobra ZL - AD DI
    TM Mini Driver
    M6 Hybrid
    P790 4-PW
    Vokey SM7's
    Newport 2
  • lwestbylwestby  44Members Posts: 44
    Joined:  #464
    I've had the 4 - 5 yard readings many times and it is always when I have my pinky finger hanging / extending in front of the unit. I wouldn't think it would be in the way, but it causes the bad reading. I move my finger back and all is good.
    Posted:
  • oldmotoroldmotor  101Members Posts: 101
    Joined:  #465
    I started to get the 4-7 yard readings. Cleaned the lenses and it solved the problem.
    Posted:
  • Precision Pro GolfPrecision Pro Golf  288Sponsors Posts: 288
    Joined:  #466
    Have seen a couple comments on getting 4-7 yard readings. As others have said, we recommend making sure that your hand or fingers aren't out in front of the rangefinder. 99.9% of the time, moving your pinky or readjusting your grip fixes the problem. I know... I know... that's obvious advice, but some people don't quite realize that they're holding it in such a fashion that part of their hand is out in front. Luckily, that's an easy fix. Our laser shoots a wider beam that makes it easier to hit the target, but it also means it's sensitive to some obstructions around the front.



    Hope that helps explain it.
    Posted:
    Swing with Confidence. Hit More Greens.

    www.precisionprogolf.com

    $20 OFF with Discount Code GOLFWRX.

    PPG-_Swing_With_Confidence.jpg


  • BryanS4BryanS4  66Members Posts: 66
    Joined:  #467
    Pulled the trigger on the Pro today. Had a $50 Amazon card, so with that and the rebate dang good deal. Can’t wait to try it out next week.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • the4hornesthe4hornes  429Members Posts: 429
    Joined:  #468
    Got a NX7 without slope about a week ago to replace my old reliable Bushnell V2. I've used it for 2 rounds now. The NX7 works MUCH better than my V2. My V2 worked good up to about 180yrds without prisms on the flags, but the nx7 works great up to 240-250 yrds and maybe more. I'm very pleased with the NX7. If I had to pick one thing negative, it would be that it seems to be 1-2 yrds too long over about 150 yrds, which is a very minute issue for me. Trees behind the flag are no issue like they were sometimes with the Bushnell. I would highly recommend the Precision Pro NX7. It performs perfectly for me.
    Posted:
  • dingusflingersdingusflingers  173Members Posts: 173
    Joined:  #469
    Been keeping the laser clean and have had no issues from low yardage readings. So far so good.
    Posted:
    Titleist 915D 8.5
    Titleist 913F 15
    Wilson Staff V4 3i Utility
    Wilson Staff V4 4-GW
    Wilson Staff PMP 56/60
    Scotty Cameron Studio Design 5
    Volvik S3
  • DaveGoodrichDaveGoodrich SoCal 1062Members Posts: 1,062
    Joined:  #470
    I just picked up an NX7 Pro from Amazon. I used it for the first time yesterday and was really impressed. Easily locked onto pins and other targets. Fast operation. No complaints at all, especially for the price.
    Posted:
    Titleist 917D3 w/YS-6+
    Exotics EX-10 Beta 13* w/YS-7+
    Titleist 909h 17*, 21* and 24* w/YS-hybrid
    Adams XTD Forged 6-PW with Aldila RIP Tour 115 (bent to 5* loft gaps)
    Vokey SM4 TVD 50M, SM6 56S and 60M
    Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #5
  • masyankeesmasyankees  556Members Posts: 556
    Joined:  #471
    Anyone know how long the GOLFWRX promo code is valid for? Thinking about getting one, but not immediately and hoping not to miss out on the promo.
    Posted:
  • Precision Pro GolfPrecision Pro Golf  288Sponsors Posts: 288
    Joined:  #472
    masyankees wrote:


    Anyone know how long the GOLFWRX promo code is valid for? Thinking about getting one, but not immediately and hoping not to miss out on the promo.




    I have it on good authority that the GOLFWRX discount for $20 off will be around for the foreseeable future. So you're good.



    (But our $30 mail-in-rebate ends June 30.)
    Posted:
    Swing with Confidence. Hit More Greens.

    www.precisionprogolf.com

    $20 OFF with Discount Code GOLFWRX.

    PPG-_Swing_With_Confidence.jpg


  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • smeal818smeal818  159Members Posts: 159
    Joined:  #473
    Have an NX7 pro that I got for a steal around Christmas time, has been nothing but solid for me, highly recommend.
    Posted:
  • ousuxndallasousuxndallas DFW 117Members Posts: 117
    Joined:  #474
    Wow, glad I stumbled onto this thread. I was researching rangefinders and the NX7 caught my eye. Glad they're an American company, and a site sponsor. Just ordered an NX7 using the discount code and rebate. Out the door for $149...not bad!
    Posted:
  • max_peckmax_peck Sweden 151Members Posts: 151
    Joined:  #475
    Got one of these, but sometimes all I see is a flashing flag on the left and dashes next to the YD symbol on the left. Is there something I am not doing correctly, seems like it is not picking something up.
    Posted:
  • ousuxndallasousuxndallas DFW 117Members Posts: 117
    Joined:  #476
    Mine arrived today. Works perfect. I love the heptic feedback.
    Wow, glad I stumbled onto this thread. I was researching rangefinders and the NX7 caught my eye. Glad they're an American company, and a site sponsor. Just ordered an NX7 using the discount code and rebate. Out the door for $149...not bad!
    Posted:
  • Double KDouble K  781Members Posts: 781
    Joined:  #477


    Mine arrived today. Works perfect. I love the heptic feedback.
    Wow, glad I stumbled onto this thread. I was researching rangefinders and the NX7 caught my eye. Glad they're an American company, and a site sponsor. Just ordered an NX7 using the discount code and rebate. Out the door for $149...not bad!





    Keep your hands away from the laser!!!
    Posted:
    Titleist 913D2 10.5* GD DI-6s
    Titleist 913F 15* Project X X-flex
    Adams 22* Hybrid
    Titleist 710 AP2 4 - PW
    Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
    Scotty FuturaX or Tank Cruiser #7 Scotty Newport 2
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl  6090Members Posts: 6,090
    Joined:  #478
    A year in the bag and working great.
    Posted:
  • dingusflingersdingusflingers  173Members Posts: 173
    Joined:  #479
    I compared distances to my buddies older Bushnell yesterday. Everything came out very close or exact between the two units.
    Posted:
    Titleist 915D 8.5
    Titleist 913F 15
    Wilson Staff V4 3i Utility
    Wilson Staff V4 4-GW
    Wilson Staff PMP 56/60
    Scotty Cameron Studio Design 5
    Volvik S3
  • max_peckmax_peck Sweden 151Members Posts: 151
    Joined:  edited May 21, 2018 #480
    Used this today for the first time, experienced no issues at all. First range finder so I can't compare too anything else unfortunately. But seems to work very well.



    I live in Europe so I can't claim the $30 back, but that's not a huge thing. Would recommend the product.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • crazygolfnutcrazygolfnut CrazyGolfNut Omaha, Nebraska 1219Members Posts: 1,219
    Joined:  #481
    My biggest concern is shaky hands. Last range finder that I used was a Bushnell 1500 which was very large so I could hold on to it. Hate to spend $$$ without testing it on the course. Not sure what to do at this point.
    Posted:
    Driver: _________ Ping G400 Max
    Woods: ________ Ping G410 3 & 5 
    Hybrids: _______ Ping  G410 4 & 5
    Irons: __________ Titleist 718 AP1 6-W
    Wedges: _______ Titleist Vokey SM6 52.08F & 56.08M
    Putter: _________ Rife Mid Mallet 400
    Ball: ____________ Snell MTB Black Yellow or Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow
    Bag: ____________ Datrek Lite Rider
    GPS: ____________ Bushnell NEO Ghost
    Rangefinder: __ Precision Pro NX7 Pro
    GHIN: __________ HCP floats between 10 and 12

    “Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips”
26

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file