Precision Pro NX7/NX7 Pro

Comments

• Precision Pro GolfPrecision Pro Golf Sponsors Posts: 257 ✭✭
    edited Apr 27, 2018 #452
    lawsonman wrote:

Just ordered the NX7! Can't wait to use it.

Awesome! Thanks so much for choosing Precision Pro Golf! Enjoy your rangefinder and let us know what you think. ⛳
    Swing with Confidence. Hit More Greens.
    www.precisionprogolf.com

Save up to $40 on our NX7 series of rangefinder for Fathers Day. 

PPG-_Swing_With_Confidence.jpg
  • asimoneasimone Members Posts: 36
    Used my NX7 for the first time yesterday. It was the first rangefinder I've used so I can't really compare it to others but I loved it. Had no issues with it and definitely preferred using a range finder over GPS app on my cell phone.
    Driver: Titleist 917 D2
    3 Wood: Titleist 904 F
    Hybrid: 21 deg Cobra Baffler
    4i-PW: Titleist 718 AP2
    Wedges: Cleveland CG10 in 54 and 60 deg
    Putter: Odyssey White Steel #1
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,248 ✭✭
    Used my NX7 last night in golf league for the first time. Absolutely love it! Pretty steady wind of 15-20 mph with gusts up to 40 and I had no issues locking on to flags. Very clear, lightweight with a nice case and D ring attachment. Best money I've spent in a while!
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G410 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
    edited May 3, 2018 #455
    That's what we like to hear, @asimone and @lawsonman!; Thanks so much for purchasing a Precision Pro Golf rangefinder. When the time comes, don't forget that we offer free battery replacement for the NX7 series rangefinders. Just fill out this form and we'll send you a batter within a couple days. (But don't worry... you will have a long time before that battery wears down.)

Thanks again and enjoy your rounds!
    www.precisionprogolf.com

• CwingCwing Members Posts: 8,048 ✭✭
    I’ve got a Caddytek that works great. I used it all last season on a single battery. It has slope but does not have the lock in vibration feature. I recently tried a friends that had Jolt and I found that feature intriguing.

Why should I switch?
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U (coming soon = G410)
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • Prof3ssorProf3ssor Hit it, find it, hit it again! Members Posts: 956 ✭✭
    RobYakes wrote:

The only issue I've seen is that occasionally I'll get a reading that shows something like 7.1 yards (when I'm obviously 100+ yards out. Occasionally it'll correct itself if I shoot a different target and then shoot the pin again. This past round I did run into an issue where no matter where I shot, it would only give me between 3 and 7 yards. Finally had to take the battery out and put it back in for it to work without an issue. Apart from that inconvenience, I really think this is by far the best combination of performance and price on the market.

Same thing happens with my NX7 Pro. I'd say probably 1/3 of the time I get a reading from 3-7 yrds when I'm clearly much farther to pin (100+). That or it will show as no battery in the viewfinder and then not provide a distance. Have to wait until it shuts off then try it again. Hoping a new battery will fix this. Other than having to shoot pins 2-4 times to get a reading (from the 3-7 or battery error), still a big fan. At a fraction of the cost of a Bushnell and within 1-2 yards of most competitors on the market (I always try to compare when I'm playing with golfers who have other range finders), not to mention an American-owned small business, Precision Pro delivers a great product.

I just used mine for the first time today and experienced the same thing as both of these users . I had to either take the battery out to fix the issue or reshoot a different target several times. This does not seem like an isolated incident and I'm thinking of returning the unit.
    Cobra ZL - AD DI
    XTD FW
    XTD Hybrid
    P790 4-GW
    Scratch Wedges
    Cameron Select Newport 2
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,248 ✭✭
    Prof3ssor wrote:

RobYakes wrote:

The only issue I've seen is that occasionally I'll get a reading that shows something like 7.1 yards (when I'm obviously 100+ yards out. Occasionally it'll correct itself if I shoot a different target and then shoot the pin again. This past round I did run into an issue where no matter where I shot, it would only give me between 3 and 7 yards. Finally had to take the battery out and put it back in for it to work without an issue. Apart from that inconvenience, I really think this is by far the best combination of performance and price on the market.

Same thing happens with my NX7 Pro. I'd say probably 1/3 of the time I get a reading from 3-7 yrds when I'm clearly much farther to pin (100+). That or it will show as no battery in the viewfinder and then not provide a distance. Have to wait until it shuts off then try it again. Hoping a new battery will fix this. Other than having to shoot pins 2-4 times to get a reading (from the 3-7 or battery error), still a big fan. At a fraction of the cost of a Bushnell and within 1-2 yards of most competitors on the market (I always try to compare when I'm playing with golfers who have other range finders), not to mention an American-owned small business, Precision Pro delivers a great product.

I just used mine for the first time today and experienced the same thing as both of these users . I had to either take the battery out to fix the issue or reshoot a different target several times. This does not seem like an isolated incident and I'm thinking of returning the unit.

I'm 100% positive Precision will take care of your issues if you call them.
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G410 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • MixedBagMixedBag Members Posts: 1,491 ✭✭
    Traded my backup irons at PTSS yesterday for a NX7 Pro...they had to order it (none in store), so hopefully I'll get it next week........it will probably be a Bentley compared to my old 1500 Pinseeker I recently lost.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]M1 10.5 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] F9 3/4[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]F9 5/6[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] AMP Cell 4/5h[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cleveland[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] CG16 5-PW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Grindworks[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 86 Series - 50* and 56*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sunset Beach[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 60*[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM Chaska (silver) / Lajosi mid-mallet prototype[/font]
    lawsonman wrote:

Prof3ssor wrote:

RobYakes wrote:

I'm 100% positive Precision will take care of your issues if you call them.

I hope so as I just e-mailed them. I brought it out again today and had the same issues over and over again. It would keep displaying a number like 4.5 yards when I was say 175 yards out. I had to keep shooting different targets in order to get it to work and I also had to pull the battery.
    Cobra ZL - AD DI
    XTD FW
    XTD Hybrid
    P790 4-GW
    Scratch Wedges
    Cameron Select Newport 2
  • dingusflingersdingusflingers Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
    edited May 5, 2018 #461
    Mine worked fine the first time I used it, flawless. Less than a week later, either no reading or something between 3-4 yards. Unimpressed. Hopefully their customer service is as good as advertised on wrx.
    Titleist 915D 8.5
    Titleist 913F 15
    Wilson Staff V4 3i Utility
    Wilson Staff V4 4-GW
    Wilson Staff PMP 56/60
    Scotty Cameron Studio Design 5
    Volvik S3
    Folks with the 3-4yard readings-

Customer service recommended not getting your finger or anything else in front of the laser (uh, thanks) but also cleaning the laser.

I noticed the smallest amount of dust on my laser, not enough where I would have ever thought it would have made a difference. Cleaned it off, unit worked as it should. Not sure if that was the problem or not yet but I'll be testing further through the week.
    Titleist 915D 8.5
    Titleist 913F 15
    Wilson Staff V4 4-GW
    Wilson Staff PMP 56/60
    Volvik S3

Folks with the 3-4yard readings-

Customer service recommended not getting your finger or anything else in front of the laser (uh, thanks) but also cleaning the laser.

I noticed the smallest amount of dust on my laser, not enough where I would have ever thought it would have made a difference. Cleaned it off, unit worked as it should. Not sure if that was the problem or not yet but I'll be testing further through the week.

Thanks for the reply as I received the same info from CS. I'll give it a go and clean the lens as I really hope that is the issue.
    Cobra ZL - AD DI
    XTD FW
    XTD Hybrid
    P790 4-GW
    Scratch Wedges
    Cameron Select Newport 2
  • lwestbylwestby Members Posts: 40 ClubWRX
    I've had the 4 - 5 yard readings many times and it is always when I have my pinky finger hanging / extending in front of the unit. I wouldn't think it would be in the way, but it causes the bad reading. I move my finger back and all is good.
  • oldmotoroldmotor Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    I started to get the 4-7 yard readings. Cleaned the lenses and it solved the problem.
    Have seen a couple comments on getting 4-7 yard readings. As others have said, we recommend making sure that your hand or fingers aren't out in front of the rangefinder. 99.9% of the time, moving your pinky or readjusting your grip fixes the problem. I know... I know... that's obvious advice, but some people don't quite realize that they're holding it in such a fashion that part of their hand is out in front. Luckily, that's an easy fix. Our laser shoots a wider beam that makes it easier to hit the target, but it also means it's sensitive to some obstructions around the front.

Hope that helps explain it.
    www.precisionprogolf.com

• BryanS4BryanS4 Members Posts: 66
    Pulled the trigger on the Pro today. Had a $50 Amazon card, so with that and the rebate dang good deal. Can’t wait to try it out next week.
  • the4hornesthe4hornes Members Posts: 427 ✭✭
    Got a NX7 without slope about a week ago to replace my old reliable Bushnell V2. I've used it for 2 rounds now. The NX7 works MUCH better than my V2. My V2 worked good up to about 180yrds without prisms on the flags, but the nx7 works great up to 240-250 yrds and maybe more. I'm very pleased with the NX7. If I had to pick one thing negative, it would be that it seems to be 1-2 yrds too long over about 150 yrds, which is a very minute issue for me. Trees behind the flag are no issue like they were sometimes with the Bushnell. I would highly recommend the Precision Pro NX7. It performs perfectly for me.
    Been keeping the laser clean and have had no issues from low yardage readings. So far so good.
    Titleist 915D 8.5
    Titleist 913F 15
    Wilson Staff V4 4-GW
    Wilson Staff PMP 56/60
    Volvik S3
  • DaveGoodrichDaveGoodrich Members Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I just picked up an NX7 Pro from Amazon. I used it for the first time yesterday and was really impressed. Easily locked onto pins and other targets. Fast operation. No complaints at all, especially for the price.
    Titleist 917D3 w/YS-6+
    Taylormade V-steel 15* w/YS-6+ FW
    Titleist 909h 17* and 21* w/YS-hybrid
    Adams dHy 24* w/Aldila RIP Tour 115
    Adams XTD Forged 6 (28*) - PW (48*) w/Aldila RIP Tour 115 (bent to 5* loft gaps)
    Vokey SM4 TVD 50M w/Aldila RIP Tour 115
    Vokey SM6 56S w/Aldila RIP Tour 115
    Vokey SM6 60M w/Aldila RIP Tour 115
    Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #5
  • masyankeesmasyankees Members Posts: 556
    Anyone know how long the GOLFWRX promo code is valid for? Thinking about getting one, but not immediately and hoping not to miss out on the promo.
    masyankees wrote:

Anyone know how long the GOLFWRX promo code is valid for? Thinking about getting one, but not immediately and hoping not to miss out on the promo.

I have it on good authority that the GOLFWRX discount for $20 off will be around for the foreseeable future. So you're good.

(But our $30 mail-in-rebate ends June 30.)
    www.precisionprogolf.com

• smeal818smeal818 Members Posts: 146 ✭✭
    Have an NX7 pro that I got for a steal around Christmas time, has been nothing but solid for me, highly recommend.
  • ousuxndallasousuxndallas DFWMembers Posts: 93 ✭✭
    Wow, glad I stumbled onto this thread. I was researching rangefinders and the NX7 caught my eye. Glad they're an American company, and a site sponsor. Just ordered an NX7 using the discount code and rebate. Out the door for $149...not bad!
  • d.m.gannond.m.gannon Members Posts: 138 ✭✭
    Got one of these, but sometimes all I see is a flashing flag on the left and dashes next to the YD symbol on the left. Is there something I am not doing correctly, seems like it is not picking something up.
  • ousuxndallasousuxndallas DFWMembers Posts: 93 ✭✭
    Mine arrived today. Works perfect. I love the heptic feedback.
    Wow, glad I stumbled onto this thread. I was researching rangefinders and the NX7 caught my eye. Glad they're an American company, and a site sponsor. Just ordered an NX7 using the discount code and rebate. Out the door for $149...not bad!
  • Double KDouble K Members Posts: 727 ✭✭

Mine arrived today. Works perfect. I love the heptic feedback.

Keep your hands away from the laser!!!
    Titleist 913D2 10.5* GD DI-6s
    Titleist 913F 15* Project X X-flex
    Adams 22* Hybrid
    Titleist 710 AP2 4 - PW
    Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
    Scotty FuturaX or Tank Cruiser #7 Scotty Newport 2
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 5,452 ✭✭
    A year in the bag and working great.
    I compared distances to my buddies older Bushnell yesterday. Everything came out very close or exact between the two units.
    Titleist 915D 8.5
    Titleist 913F 15
    Wilson Staff V4 4-GW
    Wilson Staff PMP 56/60
    Volvik S3
  • d.m.gannond.m.gannon Members Posts: 138 ✭✭
    edited May 21, 2018 #480
    Used this today for the first time, experienced no issues at all. First range finder so I can't compare too anything else unfortunately. But seems to work very well.

I live in Europe so I can't claim the $30 back, but that's not a huge thing. Would recommend the product.
  • crazygolfnutcrazygolfnut CrazyGolfNut Members Posts: 1,176 ✭✭
    My biggest concern is shaky hands. Last range finder that I used was a Bushnell 1500 which was very large so I could hold on to it. Hate to spend $$$ without testing it on the course. Not sure what to do at this point.
    • Driver: ________ Ping G400 Max
    • Woods: _______ Ping G410 3 & 5 woods
    • Hybrids: ______ Titleist 818H1 21* & 25*
    • Irons: _________ Titleist 718 AP1 6-W
    • Wedges: ______ Titleist Vokey SM6 52.08F & 56.08M
    • Putter: ________ Rife Mid Mallet 400
    • Ball: ___________ Snell MTB Red Yellow - looking for a replacement
    • Bag: ___________ Datrek Lite Rider
    • GPS: ___________ Bushnell NEO Ghost
    • Rangefinder: __ Precision Pro NX7
    • GHIN: _________ HCP floats between 10 and 12

“Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips”