Precision Pro NX7/NX7 Pro

Comments

• crazygolfnutcrazygolfnut CrazyGolfNut Members Posts: 1,161 ✭✭
    edited Aug 5, 2018 #572
    Today was the first time that I have been able to use the Precision Pro NX7 Pro rangefinder and the verdict is still out. Overall, I am not very pleased with its performance. My last range finder was an old Bushnell 1500 that died about a year ago and it was always spot on.

Speed – it worked very fast. No problem with speed.

Repeatability - This is where I found the unit to be very inconsistent. There was no wind today so the flag was never moving. I could shoot the flag 6 times and would come up with 4 or 5 different readings anywhere from a 4 to 12 yard difference between the long and the short distances. It made no sense.

Overall verdict – still thinking about it but not very happy with it.

I was hoping to use this later this week in our member / guest but I am afraid of the numbers it is giving me. Back to the GPS
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    • Driver: ________ Ping G400 Max
    • Woods: _______ Ping G410 3 & 5 woods
    • Hybrids: ______ Titleist 818H1 21* & 25*
    • Irons: _________ Titleist 718 AP1 6-W
    • Wedges: ______ Titleist Vokey SM6 52.08F & 56.08M
    • Putter: ________ Rife Mid Mallet 400
    • Ball: ___________ Snell MTB Red Yellow
    • Bag: ___________ Datrek Lite Rider
    • GPS: ___________ Bushnell NEO Ghost
    • Rangefinder: __ Precision Pro NX7
    • GHIN: _________ HCP floats between 10 and 12

“Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips”
  • britishgolferbritishgolfer Members Posts: 15 ✭✭
    My NX7 Pro showed up today. Took it to the range and compared it to my other rangefinder. Numbers were exactly the same, plus it was nice to see the slope yardage as well on a couple of the flags, more up hill than expected. Hopefully, I will get out next weekend and test it on the course.
  • Precision Pro GolfPrecision Pro Golf Sponsors Posts: 251 ✭✭

Speed – it worked very fast. No problem with speed.

Repeatability - This is where I found the unit to be very inconsistent. There was no wind today so the flag was never moving. I could shoot the flag 6 times and would come up with 4 or 5 different readings anywhere from a 4 to 12 yard difference between the long and the short distances. It made no sense.

I'm sorry that you're experiencing issues with your rangefinder. This definitely doesn't sound right. It looks like you also contacted our support team. Alex, our operations manager, is going to get back with you ASAP. But let me assure you that we'll either find a way to get your rangefinder working correctly or we'll replace the unit for you.

Again, sorry that you're experiencing these issues, but we'll do our best to get it fixed.
    Swing with Confidence. Hit More Greens.
    www.precisionprogolf.com

$20 OFF with Discount Code GOLFWRX. 

PPG-_Swing_With_Confidence.jpg
  • d.m.gannond.m.gannon Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Had similar problems, they replaced it and now it's much better.
    Playing on Wednesday and will see if it does any better.

Hi CrazyGolfNut,

We just wanted to follow up and see how your round went on Wednesday with your rangefinder. We hope it all went well, but please let us know if there were any issues.
    www.precisionprogolf.com

• bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ClubWRX Posts: 3,174 ClubWRX
    My son is starting high school golf team next week. Looking for a range finder for him. Really interested in the pro model. Are they still offering $50 rebate?
    Taylormade M1 (2017) 440 9.5* tour w/Atmos Black TS 6x<br />Taylormade M6 Rocket 3 w/Atmos Black 7s<br />Taylormade p790 4-pw <br />Taylormade hi-toe 52-9 and 58-10 wedges <br />Taylormade Spider Mallet 72
    edited Aug 15, 2018 #579

Hi CrazyGolfNut,

We just wanted to follow up and see how your round went on Wednesday with your rangefinder. We hope it all went well, but please let us know if there were any issues.

Thanks for asking. I have used this a lot over the past several days and am very happy with it.

I played 9 on Wednesday in league along with 18 on Thursday and 27 today during our member guest event. Now that I have used it, I believe that my problems were operator error. I received advise that I might be aiming a little too low which was picking up the ground in front of the green. I started aiming higher on the flag stick and had no problems. I let several other people try it out and they all liked it. We compared the distance with several name brand rangefinders and they were all very close to each other.

Overall, I am very pleased with the operation of the unit and the response that I received from the company.

Hope I did not come across too negative with my initial thoughts.

• ob18ob18 Members Posts: 1,630 ✭✭

Hi CrazyGolfNut,

Thanks for asking. I have used this a lot over the past several days and am very happy with it.

I played 9 on Wednesday in league along with 18 on Thursday and 27 today during our member guest event. Now that I have used it, I believe that my problems were operator error. I received advise that I might be aiming a little too low which was picking up the ground in front of the green. I started aiming higher on the flag stick and had no problems. I let several other people it out and they all liked it. We compared the distance with several name brand rangefinders and they were all very close to each other.

Overall, I am very pleased with the operation of the unit and the response that I received from the company. Hope I did not come across too negative with my initial thoughts.

Which model do you have and have you compared it to any handheld GPS or GPS watches
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]10* Callaway XR Driver
    15* Nickent 3 Wood
    18* Nickent F30 Hybrid
    Taylormade M2 Irons - 5 iron to A wedge
    54*, 58* Cleveland RTX 2.0 Wedges

Odyssey O-Works Red #7 Tank Putter
    Srixon Q-Star Tour[/font]
  • Arlin964Arlin964 Members Posts: 68 ✭✭
    I have about 8 rounds on my NX7. I’ve been very pleased with it - nice comfortable size and I have not had any performance issues whatsoever.

I like the pulse technology when it locks in on the flag.

The carry case has a nice touch - it zips open and closed, but when it’s open you can use a stretchy strap that keeps it together so the rangefinder doesn’t jump out of the case. It’s much quick way of securing it without having to zip and unzip each time.

Overall I don’t think I’m missing out on any performance compared to models that are double the price.
    TaylorMade R1 10.5*
    Ping Anser 3w
    Callaway Rogue X - 3h, 4h, 5h
    Nickent 6DX - 6-PW
    Wilson Staff PMP 50*
    Cleveland CBX 56*
    Odyssey #7s O-Works
  • JoelsimJoelsim Posts: 676 ✭✭
    I’m playing on Monday with my new one, I’ll report back afterwards. I’m fully expecting it to divert my errant balls towards the hole.
    Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Regular Alta CB 44.5”
    Ping G400 13.5 3-Wood Regular Alta CB 42”
    Titleist 818 H1 18 3-Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Titleist 818 H1 23 4-Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
    Cleveland CBX 52
    Cleveland CBX 56
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 64 S
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3
    Odyssey O-Works Marxman
  • 1puttAU1puttAU Members Posts: 131 ✭✭
    I have had my NX7 Pro for a while now and until this weekend it has worked perfectly. I started having problems all of a sudden on Saturday morning and the unit was not working properly at all. Fortunately my partner had a range finder, but I was without mine for our last two rounds. I have tried to contact Precision Pro all morning and I have not been able to get in contact with anyone in customer service.
    Titleist 910 D2 8.5° w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'Ahina 72g
    Titleist 985H 17° w/ Proforce V2 104g
    Titleist 716 AP2 3-PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g
    Titleist SM5 50°/12° F Grind, 54°/10° S Grind, & 58°/8° M Grind
    All of the above with Golf Pride Tour Velvet Standard Grips
    Scotty Cameron Futura 33" w/ Super Stroke Flatso 1.0 USA Edition
    Used mine today. I like it. Simple and accurate.

Thumbs up so far. And works well in tandem with a GPS watch.
    Cleveland CBX 52
    Cleveland CBX 56
    Odyssey O-Works Marxman
  • KiloEchoKiloEcho Members Posts: 6
    Used mine for the first time this weekend, loved it. Point and shoot, does exactly what it says. Extra bonus points for shipping to Hawaii in 3-4 days for FREE. That in itself is unbelievable.
    I’ve got Tom say, two rounds in, I’m liking my NX7 Pro. Works very nicely in tandem with may Garmin S20 GPS.

Does what it says on the tin.
    Cleveland CBX 52
    Cleveland CBX 56
    Odyssey O-Works Marxman
  • Jose c.Jose c. Members Posts: 195 ✭✭
    Okay been in the market for a new rangefinder and his thread sold me, Pulled string on 7 pro.
  • J_BirdieJ_Birdie LOFT Issue Members Posts: 1,698 ✭✭
    I have had this rangefinder for a few months now and I can say the numbers are within 1yard with any other model inside 170 yards. I notice that after 170yards it begins to show numbers 2,3,4 yards longer than the newer model Bushnells. I only notice this difference beyond 170ish yards and it is only with the new bushnells, had a few people with other brands not have this issue. I am not sure if the Bushnells (which 99% of golfers I know would take their reading as gospel) or the Precision pro is "true" but its always a fun game to have my buddies shoot 200 but I shoot 204 and then everyone acts like it makes a difference in what club they choose.

Or yesterday, he shot 228 to the flag and I said "nope I think it is 231" haha
    What's in my bag:
    Srixon Z785 9.5* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX 45.5"
    Cobra Fly-Z+ 3W w/ Aldila Tour Blue 75X 42.75"
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2i / Diamana D+ 92HY X 1* Up 18* loft
    Cobra Forged Tour 4-PW / Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X 1* Up
    Cobra King Black Wedges 50* & 54* (bent to 55*) Versatile Grind / Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
    Callaway PM Grind 2 60* Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Black with Superstroke GT 2.0 Pistol Grip 35"
  • Darth_BladerDarth_Blader Members Posts: 979 ✭✭
    I have used the Pro for about 4 months now. Always spot on. Only grip is my large hands get in the way of the laser at times.
    Cobra F9 9* UST Attas Coool
    Rogue 15* Aldila Max 75
    Vsteel 7w Rogue 80
    S55 4-PW CTaper S+
    Scratch 8620 50* KBS CTaper S+
    Scratch 8620 56* KBS CTaper S+
    Scratch TI 60 DG 400
    Odyssey LE PT10
  • 8overpar8overpar Members Posts: 179 ✭✭
    Thanks for the battery! Found out that the eye piece adjusts. My son turned it a bit when I wasn't looking and I thought something was wrong with it. Took a minute or two to figure it out, but I can see again.
    Titleist 915D3 9.5° - Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
    Titleist 915F 15° - Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
    Titleist 716CB - KBS Tour-S
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52/08 (F) - KBS Tour-S
    Titleist Vokey SM6 60/04 (L) - TT Wedge flex
    CNC SS Xenon Element
    TaylorMade TP5X
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers Posts: 2,270 ✭✭
    Is there any future thoughts on getting a waterproof one?

that's the only reason I am holding off getting one and still tempted with the X2 to replace my 1600 Pro Tournament.
    • Taylormade M3 8.5* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M2 Tour 14* Speeder TS 8.2X
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
  • SilenceXSilenceX Members Posts: 25
    Had my Bushnell Tour V4 stolen and didn't want to shell that much money out again so I ordered an NX7 Pro. Used it today for the first time today and compared the readings to my father's Tour V3 all along the round; was always within a yard of each other at <150, and 1-3 yards at long distances. It was home course so I only checked slope readings once to compare with my expectations and it matched. Great budget rangefinder that so far is performing as well as the bushnell for half the price. Looking forward to using it more and hopefully this one won't get snatched..
  • Goodies12Goodies12 Members Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited Sep 11, 2018 #593
    Has anyone else had problems with the slope function on the Pro version? I am getting the exact same reading using both 'M1' and 'M2' modes with severe change of elevation.

EDIT: Problem resolved. I'm blind.
    Hi Goodies12,

Precision Pro Golf here! Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your slope adjusted readings. However, we're happy to help and make sure that this issue is resolved.

First off, wanted to make one thing clear. When the M2 (Slope) mode is on, there will actually be two numbers. One is your "non-slope number" and one is the "slope-adjusted" number. Are you seeing both numbers?

If you're aware of this, we'll make sure to keep tracking down the issue for this problem.

Thanks!
    www.precisionprogolf.com

• rainkingjrrainkingjr Members Posts: 2,567 ✭✭
    I've had mine for a while now. Works great. As good as any other I've owned which have included Leipold. Bushnell, Nikon and Caddytek. Like any rangefinder, remember to clean the lense of the laser periodically.
  • xreyukxreyuk Posts: 136 ✭✭
    edited Sep 16, 2018 #596
    Interested in getting one of these to replace a cheap one I bought from Amazon a while back, that allegedly had pin lock, but I'm not sure it does.

In any case, if you're playing a course that doesn't have prisms on the flagstick, how does the rangefinder know you've locked onto the flag instead of something else?

I also wondered, is there anything on the outside of the device to make people you're playing with aware that you are not using the slope function? Obviously the Bushnells have a switch which makes it obvious.
    2017 Taylormade M1 9.5° w/ Tour AD DI 6S.
    Titleist TS3 3 Wood 15°
    Srixon Z-U65 20° Iron
    Mizuno MP54 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 - 52°
    Titleist Vokey SM6 - 56°
    Cleveland RTX3 - 60°
    Huntington Beach #4 & Oddysey O-Works 1W
  • DaveGoodrichDaveGoodrich Members Posts: 980 ✭✭
    xreyuk wrote:

Interested in getting one of these to replace a cheap one I bought from Amazon a while back, that allegedly had pin lock, but I'm not sure it does.

In any case, if you're playing a course that doesn't have prisms on the flagstick, how does the rangefinder know you've locked onto the flag instead of something else?

I also wondered, is there anything on the outside of the device to make people you're playing with aware that you are not using the slope function? Obviously the Bushnells have a switch which makes it obvious.

In general, I believe laser rangefinders report the distance of the closest object within a fairly narrow field of view around the cross hairs. There is no externally visible indication of the "slope/no slope" functionality on the NX7s.
    Titleist 917D3 w/YS-6+
    Taylormade V-steel 15* w/YS-6+ FW
    Titleist 909h 17* and 21* w/YS-hybrid
    Adams dHy 24* w/Aldila RIP Tour 115
    Adams XTD Forged 6 (28*) - PW (48*) w/Aldila RIP Tour 115 (bent to 5* loft gaps)
    Vokey SM4 TVD 50M w/Aldila RIP Tour 115
    Vokey SM6 56S w/Aldila RIP Tour 115
    Vokey SM6 60M w/Aldila RIP Tour 115
    Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #5
  • ronboronbo Posts: 465 ✭✭
    Have seen a new Laser just yesterday and tried it out, Hands down fastest locking Laser I have ever seen!!! Check this out if you have a chance http://sureshotgps.com/product/pinloc-5000ip/

$199 with Pulse
  • 8overpar8overpar Members Posts: 179 ✭✭
    ronbo wrote:

Have seen a new Laser just yesterday and tried it out, Hands down fastest locking Laser I have ever seen!!! Check this out if you have a chance http://sureshotgps.c.../pinloc-5000ip/

$199 with Pulse

Classy posting a competitors info on a WRX sponsor page. The one you linked seems sub par in relation to the NX7. Lots of unnecessary online poking to purchase it also. Precision Pro offers a $20 discount code that puts it at $180 and you have pretty easy access to the manufacturer for free battery replacement and user questions.
    Titleist 915D3 9.5° - Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
    Titleist 915F 15° - Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
    Titleist 716CB - KBS Tour-S
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52/08 (F) - KBS Tour-S
    Titleist Vokey SM6 60/04 (L) - TT Wedge flex
    CNC SS Xenon Element
    TaylorMade TP5X
    xreyuk wrote:

Thanks for the questions, xreyuk! As DaveGoodrich mentioned, our laser is very user friendly. The beam was designed to make it simple to pick up the flag and the pulse vibration alerts you when that occurs. And he's also correct regarding the slope functionality. There is no current external way to show if it's in slope or non-slope mode. However, this is a feature we're looking at in a future product.

Do you think having that external visibility that the slope function is off would be important for golfers?
    www.precisionprogolf.com

• tyorke1tyorke1 Members Posts: 2,166 ✭✭
    Very good unit in normal weather ,have to use my bushnell in the rain or fog , even light rain. that's why I have a gps watch also
    m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s ,
    m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x ,
    816 h1 hybrid 19 degree ,speeder tour spec
    taylor p790 17 degree
    callaway apex pro c-taper stiff 
    vokey 52--56--60
    taylormade spider tour dj versionr
    epic green staff bag or titleist cart bag