Precision Pro NX7/NX7 Pro

Comments

• CwingCwing Members Posts: 8,048 ✭✭
    edited Dec 12, 2018 #632
    I attended an indoor demo on 12/8/18. I was able to spend some time speaking with Adam B from Precision Pro. We discussed the current lineup and he gave me some company background.

Interestingly enough, I had no ideal these guys were local to me as they are in Cincinnati. I very much enjoyed my conversation with Adam and I very much will consider the Precision Pro if/when I purchase a new unit. I mostly use a gps but I do have a Caddytek range finder that I use at the range and on course from about 150 yds in. My Caddytek also includes slope. Although I don’t really need a new range finder, I really like the Procision Pro with the vibration feature and will definitely consider picking a unit up.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U (coming soon = G410)
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,353 ✭✭
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Took the plunge, ordered the pro today. First ever range-finder for ebrasmus.

Welcome to the Precision Pro family! If you ever have any questions, we are happy to help!

Thanks! I'll gladly report back once I get some usage under my belt. image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />

Couple rounds in now and the PP is really easy to use. As far as I can tell the yardages are accurate as well. Every once in a while I’ll get a yardage that’s like 7 yards different than the previous reading but for the most part if I shoot a flag three times the readings for all three are within a yard or two.

Very pleased so far.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • Precision Pro GolfPrecision Pro Golf Sponsors Posts: 257 ✭✭
    TheShaun wrote:

PP, Any plans on releasing one with stabilizing technology?

As of right now, we don't have anything with stabilization in the works unfortunately.
    Swing with Confidence. Hit More Greens.
    www.precisionprogolf.com

Save up to $40 on our NX7 series of rangefinder for Fathers Day. 

PPG-_Swing_With_Confidence.jpg
    Cwing wrote:

I attended an indoor demo on 12/8/18. I was able to spend some time speaking with Adam B from Precision Pro. We discussed the current lineup and he gave me some company background.

Interestingly enough, I had no ideal these guys were local to meas they are in Cincinnati. I very much enjoyed my conversation with Adam and I very much will consider the Precision Pro if/when I purchase a new unit. I mostly use a gps but I do have a Caddytek range finder that I use at the range and on course from about 150 yds in. My Caddytek also includes slope. Although I don’t really need a new range finder, I really like the Procision Pro with the vibration feature and will definitely consider picking a unit up.

Hi there! Thank for your kind words! We are glad you got attend the demo day last week at World of Golf in Florence, KY and that you had to chance to chat with Adam!

Have a happy holidays!
    www.precisionprogolf.com

• ghoonkghoonk The Hoarder Members Posts: 213 ✭✭

TheShaun wrote:

As of right now, we don't have anything with stabilization in the works unfortunately.

I added stabiilzation to my NX7 Pro last week - I call it 'my left hand'. works like a charm, and it was a free upgrade. Wife approves wholeheartedly too!
    Srixon Z785 w/ stock Miyazaki Mahana (S) shaft
    Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
    Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
    Miura MC501 4-PW w/ TT S300 AMT White (S) shaft
    Miura 50*, 54*, 58* Forged black wedges w/ KBS Tour matt black wedge shafts
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #8 putter
    ghoonk wrote:

TheShaun wrote:

I added stabiilzation to my NX7 Pro last week - I call it 'my left hand'. works like a charm, and it was a free upgrade. Wife approves wholeheartedly too!

image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' /> image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' /> image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />
    www.precisionprogolf.com

• golf_addict73golf_addict73 Jr. Boomers Posts: 234 ✭✭
    Tee1Up,

We are happy to have a place like this to help and interact with fellow golfers. If you have any other questions, you know where to find us. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Happy golfing!!

I started having some big time issues with the unit only providing me with yardages like 6.5,7.6, etc. again this week. I tried your previous recommendations of cleaning the glass and making sure there wasn’t anything blocking the laser (to the point where I was literally using it with 4 fingers).

Its been a periodic problem, but last round I couldn’t get yardages even after 5 or 6 attempts.

Have you guys been able to resolve this issue yet? It’s getting to the point where it’s just too frustrating and I’m looking for a new rangefinder now.
    Titleist TS3 KuroKage XT60 TX
    TaylorMade M3 15* Tensei Blue 75
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17* HZRDUS 6.5
    Kyoei KK Black MB 4-PW KBS Tour 125 S+
    Mizuno MP-T7 50/06
    Mizuno MP-T7 54/08
    Mizuno MP-T7 58/12
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black 33"
    TaylorMade TP5X

Tee1Up,

We are happy to have a place like this to help and interact with fellow golfers. If you have any other questions, you know where to find us. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Happy golfing!!

I started having some big time issues with the unit only providing me with yardages like 6.5,7.6, etc. again this week. I tried your previous recommendations of cleaning the glass and making sure there wasn’t anything blocking the laser (to the point where I was literally using it with 4 fingers).

Its been a periodic problem, but last round I couldn’t get yardages even after 5 or 6 attempts.

Have you guys been able to resolve this issue yet? It’s getting to the point where it’s just too frustrating and I’m looking for a new rangefinder now.

I apologize for this inconvenience for you and understand your frustration. Since your've cleaned the front of the rangefinder, aren't blocking the front as well and not shooting through a cart wind shield or anything, it sounds like it's the rangefinder especially if it's a periodic problem.

If you email me at [email protected] I will get your information so we can get you a new one.

-Trey D.
    www.precisionprogolf.com

• Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX Posts: 6,855 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 28, 2018 #640

Tee1Up,

I've actually had a similar issue last season....and it's periodic, but found that once the lens was cleaned it tended to returned back to the normal distance. It's nice that it's a weird short yardage so I'd at least know it was off, but I never quite experienced this with my Leupold. Overall, still happy with the unit...will be seeing how it holds up next season.
  • golf_addict73golf_addict73 Jr. Boomers Posts: 234 ✭✭

Tee1Up,

I apologize for this inconvenience for you and understand your frustration. Since your've cleaned the front of the rangefinder, aren't blocking the front as well and not shooting through a cart wind shield or anything, it sounds like it's the rangefinder especially if it's a periodic problem.

If you email me at [email protected] I will get your information so we can get you a new one.

-Trey D.

Trey

Thanks for the response. Just sent you an email. Hopefully this is just an issue with my unit, so I’ll definitely be willing to give it a 2nd chance (or 3rd chance at this point). Just doesn’t sit well with me that I’ve struggled with this rangefinder having this issue on and off for the past few rounds. At this point, I’m not sure if I can trust them to not frustrate me at this point.
    Titleist TS3 KuroKage XT60 TX
    TaylorMade M3 15* Tensei Blue 75
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17* HZRDUS 6.5
    Kyoei KK Black MB 4-PW KBS Tour 125 S+
    Mizuno MP-T7 50/06
    Mizuno MP-T7 54/08
    Mizuno MP-T7 58/12
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black 33"
    TaylorMade TP5X
  • rjp217rjp217 Members Posts: 244 ✭✭
    Been looking around for a rangefinder for quite awhile this offseason and after reading all the reviews I went with the Pro Slope version. Really excited to get it. RBG has 20% off til midnight so $215 shipped seemed like a pretty slick deal
    In Bag:

TaylorMade M3 9.5* (Tensei Pro White 70TX)
    P790UDI 2 (Aldila RIP Alpha 105X)
    Mizuno MP18: MMC FH 3-4 / MMC 5-6 / SC 7-8 / MB 9-PW (KBS Tour 130X)
    Cleveland RTX4 Black 50* (DG TI Onyx X100)
    Cleveland RTX3 Raw 54* / 60* (DG TI Onyx X100)
    PXG Bat Attack P 375 (Black Steel)

On Rotation:

TaylorMade M3 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70X)
    Mizuno MP18 MMC FH 2 (KBS Tour 130X)
    '18 TM O-Works 7CH (Black Steel)
    edited Mar 2, 2019 10:30pm #643
    rjp217 wrote:

Been looking around for a rangefinder for quite awhile this offseason and after reading all the reviews I went with the Pro Slope version. Really excited to get it. RBG has 20% off til midnight so $215 shipped seemed like a pretty slick deal

I’d been debating as well. I jumped in on this deal.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
  • AG12AG12 Members Posts: 633 ✭✭
    Just bought the NX7 non pro hopefully will get it in the mail before golf on Sunday
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist 818H2 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    PING i210 4-UW Project X LZ 120
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*/60* 
    Taylormade Spider X Navy 
    TaylorMade TP5
    WITB
  • rjp217rjp217 Members Posts: 244 ✭✭
    Cwing wrote:

rjp217 wrote:

I’d been debating as well. I jumped in on this deal.

Nice!
    In Bag:

TaylorMade M3 9.5* (Tensei Pro White 70TX)
    P790UDI 2 (Aldila RIP Alpha 105X)
    Mizuno MP18: MMC FH 3-4 / MMC 5-6 / SC 7-8 / MB 9-PW (KBS Tour 130X)
    Cleveland RTX4 Black 50* (DG TI Onyx X100)
    Cleveland RTX3 Raw 54* / 60* (DG TI Onyx X100)
    PXG Bat Attack P 375 (Black Steel)

On Rotation:

TaylorMade M3 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70X)
    Mizuno MP18 MMC FH 2 (KBS Tour 130X)
    '18 TM O-Works 7CH (Black Steel)
    rjp217 wrote:

Cwing wrote:

rjp217 wrote:

I'd been debating as well. I jumped in on this deal.

Nice!

Welcome to the family guys! Hope you guys are getting some nice early season rounds wherever you all. Would love to hear what you all think after a couple uses.
    www.precisionprogolf.com

Been using my Pro for several months now - works like a champ.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • OrlandogolfguruOrlandogolfguru OrlandoGolfGuru ClubWRX Posts: 1,988 ClubWRX
    have had mine since the holidays. $50 off on amazon. works terrific, loving the slope!!
    TaylorMade M6 Driver
    Cobra F9 Fwy
    PXG 19 Hyb
    PXG 0311t Irons
    Ping Glide 2.0 Wedges
    Scotty Cameron 009 Putter
    Bridgestone ball, Sun Mountain Bag

have had mine since the holidays. $50 off on amazon. works terrific, loving the slope!!

Happy to hear!
    www.precisionprogolf.com

rjp217 wrote:

Cwing wrote:

rjp217 wrote:

I'd been debating as well. I jumped in on this deal.

Nice!

Welcome to the family guys! Hope you guys are getting some nice early season rounds wherever you all. Would love to hear what you all think after a couple uses.

Thank you, it helped that you are locally owned and I had spent some time with your guy at World of Golf a month ago or so.
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Cwing wrote:

Interestingly enough, I had no ideal these guys were local to me as they are in Cincinnati. I very much enjoyed my conversation with Adam and I very much will consider the Precision Pro if/when I purchase a new unit. I mostly use a gps but I do have a Caddytek range finder that I use at the range and on course from about 150 yds in. My Caddytek also includes slope. Although I don’t really need a new range finder, I really like the Procision Pro with the vibration feature and will definitely consider picking a unit up.

As discussed here.
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    edited Mar 2, 2019 10:34pm #652
    My Pro didn’t work today in these conditions, WTF

G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • nupezbnupezb Members Posts: 64 ✭✭
    I’m looking to make the leap and pick up a precision pro golf range finder. Are there any sales/rebates?
    King F8 Volition Driver Blue Camo
    Cleveland 588 Fairway 3 wood

King F8 One Length Hybrid 19°
    King F8 One Length Hybrid 25°
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 4-GW
    Titleist Vokey 52°

Titleist Vokey 55°
    Titleist Vokey 60°
    Cleveland Huntington Beach 4 Putter
    Snell MTB

MG Tour C4
    Precision Pro NX7
  • A.G. Pennypacker A.G. Pennypacker Members Posts: 483 ✭✭
    Seconded - if anyone else comes across a sale, if they'd post here it would be fantastic. I missed out on the RBG one by a day unfortunately.
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

My Pro didn't work today in these conditions, WTF

[media=]

First of all, I'm impressed your out playing in weather like that. I'd be running for the clubhouse.

I apologize for the inconvenience but the best way I can explain this is our laser is wider than other brands. This allows our laser to pick-up smaller targets easier but the downside is that heavy rain and fog can get in the way. Other brands have a thiner laser and this allows the laser to cut through rain and fog but can struggle to pick up smaller targets.
    www.precisionprogolf.com

Seconded - if anyone else comes across a sale, if they'd post here it would be fantastic. I missed out on the RBG one by a day unfortunately.

We always offer $20 off for GolfWRX members. Just use the code GOLFWRX at checkout on our site.
    www.precisionprogolf.com

After following this thread for a while I decided to order the NX7 today. Looking forward to taking this baby out to the driving range soon.

Titleist Vokey 52°

Titleist Vokey 55°
    Titleist Vokey 60°
    Snell MTB

MG Tour C4
    Precision Pro NX7
  • J_BirdieJ_Birdie LOFT Issue Members Posts: 1,705 ✭✭

ebrasmus21 wrote:

My Pro didn't work today in these conditions, WTF

[media=]

First of all, I'm impressed your out playing in weather like that. I'd be running for the clubhouse.

I apologize for the inconvenience but the best way I can explain this is our laser is wider than other brands. This allows our laser to pick-up smaller targets easier but the downside is that heavy rain and fog can get in the way. Other brands have a thiner laser and this allows the laser to cut through rain and fog but can struggle to pick up smaller targets.

I came here to complain the laser didn’t work in the mist and fog. Might reconsider. Sucks to be in a tournament and your device doesn’t work. Severe disadvantage
    What's in my bag:
    Srixon Z785 9.5* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX 45.5"
    Cobra Fly-Z+ 3W w/ Aldila Tour Blue 75X 42.75"
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2i / Diamana D+ 92HY X 1* Up 18* loft
    Cobra Forged Tour 4-PW / Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X 1* Up
    Cobra King Black Wedges 50* & 54* (bent to 55*) Versatile Grind / Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
    Callaway PM Grind 2 60* Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Black with Superstroke GT 2.0 Pistol Grip 35"
  • Jlender21Jlender21 Members Posts: 192 ✭✭
    Hi guys. I just ordered a rangefinder this winter. I have only used it a couple times and the battery is already only 1 bar. Any hints? I just put in for a battery replacement but it kinda sucks bc I got a crappy battery to begin with. Also was t picking up many yardages today. I was walking so not sure what’s up. Thanks.

Finally got a chance to use my NX7 last week. Once I figured out how to properly use it, this baby worked like a charm. Yesterday, at the driving range, I gave my 10 year old daughter a 5 second lesson and she was cooking with Crisco the whole session. I’m glad I finally made the move to precision pro. This NX7 will complement my gps golf watch brilliantly.

Titleist Vokey 52°

Titleist Vokey 55°
    Titleist Vokey 60°
    Snell MTB

MG Tour C4
    Precision Pro NX7
  • Skinny-slimSkinny-slim Members Posts: 22 ✭✭

Wanted to let you know that I have finally had a chance to get out and try the ranger finder I got from you this past Christmas. I can say that I’m truly happy to have this and it works so smooth and easy it sure does make getting a yardage so quick and easy. Now the hard part will be accepting I cannot hit some clubs as far as my ego says I can based on the true yardage