Precision Pro NX7/NX7 Pro

Comments

• CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals, 8323WRX Points: 321Handicap: 12.1Members Posts: 8,323 Titanium Tees

Used one time so far. Excellent!!!

Posted:
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    Cleveland RTX 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • payerasjlpayerasjl  829WRX Points: 95Members Posts: 829 Golden Tee

im looking at picking up one of your rangefinders. saw the $40 off promotion. im wondering if this is because a new device/model is coming out soon or simply because of april generosity?

also, "golfwrx nor GOLFWRX" coupon codes work at the moment. It says it does not exist.

Posted:
    CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • Precision Pro GolfPrecision Pro Golf  289WRX Points: 68Sponsors Posts: 289 Greens

On -, @payerasjl said:

im looking at picking up one of your rangefinders. saw the $40 off promotion. im wondering if this is because a new device/model is coming out soon or simply because of april generosity?

also, "golfwrx nor GOLFWRX" coupon codes work at the moment. It says it does not exist.

The $40 off is just apart of our Masters promotion and the NX7 Pro Slope and NX7 aren't going anywhere.

Coupon codes cannot be combined with other offers and luckily the $40 off is greater than the code discount.

Posted:
    Swing with Confidence. Hit More Greens.

www.precisionprogolf.com

$20 OFF with Discount Code GOLFWRX.

PPG-_Swing_With_Confidence.jpg

• ShortStickShortStick  52WRX Points: 30Handicap: 6Members Posts: 52 Bunkers

I have never seen a free battery replacement program before with any product. I didn't realize PrecisionPro offered that service when I bought my NX7 - I just stumbled on (https://www.precisionprogolf.com/customer-care/battery-replacement-request/) when searching for the battery replacement type. I am all smiles as the fresh battery arrived on time, hassle free. It is springtime in New England, my course just opened two days ago, and I'm now ready for spring golf.

This experience was impressive. Two thumbs up! Heck, add in two big toes up too!

Posted:
  • nupezbnupezb  70WRX Points: 48Members Posts: 70 Bunkers

On -, @ShortStick said:

I have never seen a free battery replacement program before with any product. I didn't realize PrecisionPro offered that service when I bought my NX7 - I just stumbled on (https://www.precisionprogolf.com/customer-care/battery-replacement-request/) when searching for the battery replacement type. I am all smiles as the fresh battery arrived on time, hassle free. It is springtime in New England, my course just opened two days ago, and I'm now ready for spring golf.

This experience was impressive. Two thumbs up! Heck, add in two big toes up too!

Yep I got my replacement batteries last week. Very fast and efficient!

Posted:
    King F8 Volition Driver Blue Camo
    Cleveland 588 Fairway 3 wood
    King F8 One Length Hybrid 19°
    King F8 One Length Hybrid 25°
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 4-GW
    Titleist Vokey 52°
    Titleist Vokey 55°
    Titleist Vokey 60°
    Cleveland Huntington Beach 4 Putter
    Snell MTB
    MG Tour C4
    Precision Pro NX7
  • FinnerFinner  22WRX Points: 85Members Posts: 22 Bunkers

On -, @payerasjl said:

The $40 off is just apart of our Masters promotion and the NX7 Pro Slope and NX7 aren't going anywhere.

Coupon codes cannot be combined with other offers and luckily the $40 off is greater than the code discount.

Is the $40 off available for Canadian orders too? If so, would we order on the American site and have it shipped to Canada, or click on the 'Canadian' link at the bottom of the website? Thanks!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Precision Pro GolfPrecision Pro Golf  289WRX Points: 68Sponsors Posts: 289 Greens

On -, @Finner said:

On -, @payerasjl said:

Is the $40 off available for Canadian orders too? If so, would we order on the American site and have it shipped to Canada, or click on the 'Canadian' link at the bottom of the website? Thanks!

We are offering the $40 equivalent in Canadian. You can do either but the price will be the same, if you click the Canadian link it will ship from our Canadian stock and will ship quicker and avoids any customs fees. Hope this helps!

Posted:

www.precisionprogolf.com

On -, @Finner said:

On -, @payerasjl said:

We are offering the $40 equivalent in Canadian. You can do either but the price will be the same, if you click the Canadian link it will ship from our Canadian stock and will ship quicker and avoids any customs fees. Hope this helps!

Tremendously helps, thank you! You may have just added a new customer using your product. :smiley:

Posted:
  • jshuffjshuff  113WRX Points: 83Members Posts: 113 Fairways

I love my NX7 Pro. My wife got it for me as a Christmas gift.

Posted:
  • MattM97MattM97  878WRX Points: 379Members Posts: 878 Golden Tee

Ok I want to take serious advantage of this discount but I'm stuck between the NX7 Pro Slope and the NX7. I don't play competitive tournaments just charity tournaments at the moment and other than that play with friends or myself.

So is getting the Pro a better choice to get as i feel it can improve my game more or just go with the regular version?

If curious on courses I play it's a mix with hilly and flat depending where I'm playing.

Also I don't belong to a club just play where I feel like so don't have an official handicap but still want to be aware of my handicap.

Posted:
    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S
    Fariway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° Draw - Tensei Blue 65S
    Hybrid: Ping G410 - 19° - Alta CB 70R
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° - Ping Glide 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - Miura KM-006LH - Toulon San Diego - and many more.
    Balls: TaylorMade TP5X
    Bag: Ping Pioneer

On -, @MattM97 said:

Ok I want to take serious advantage of this discount but I'm stuck between the NX7 Pro Slope and the NX7. I don't play competitive tournaments just charity tournaments at the moment and other than that play with friends or myself.

So is getting the Pro a better choice to get as i feel it can improve my game more or just go with the regular version?

If curious on courses I play it's a mix with hilly and flat depending where I'm playing.

Also I don't belong to a club just play where I feel like so don't have an official handicap but still want to be aware of my handicap.

In my research before buying a rangefinder, I wondered this as well. Ultimately, i came to the conclusion I will go with the non-slope version. Why? It is illegal using the slope in tournament rounds, and although I am only a weekend golfer, I will also choose to play by the rules and not give myself an advantage. Of course, that may not resonate well with others but I choose to be ethical in my decisions and this one aligns to that. So my advice is go with what you feel is best for you. If you want to have the slope option, by all means, do it. If not, that works too! Because there is on right or wrong answer, only the answer that is right for you. :)

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @Finner said:

On -, @MattM97 said:

In my research before buying a rangefinder, I wondered this as well. Ultimately, i came to the conclusion I will go with the non-slope version. Why? It is illegal using the slope in tournament rounds, and although I am only a weekend golfer, I will also choose to play by the rules and not give myself an advantage. Of course, that may not resonate well with others but I choose to be ethical in my decisions and this one aligns to that. So my advice is go with what you feel is best for you. If you want to have the slope option, by all means, do it. If not, that works too! Because there is on right or wrong answer, only the answer that is right for you. :)

Yeah I was thinking about that too, doing more reading it looks like the slope version is tournament legal which means I can turn off the slope feature which mean I can use it both ways.

Posted:
    WITB - Lefty

Yes, the NX7 Pro Slope is 100% USGA and tournament legal.

Posted:

www.precisionprogolf.com

• OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the Sun 5282WRX Points: 403Handicap: 10Members Posts: 5,282 Titanium Tees

Picked up a used one and can’t wait to play it. My last round made me realize, again, I need a laser. GPS just ain’t cutting it.

Posted:
    TM SIM Max D 10.5 GD AD VR 6s
    TM M4 15* GD AD DI 6s
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    TM P790 4-AW Modus 105
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT Bigfoot 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat

Well my search for a rangefinder is over. With the discount Precision Pro had going on it was an easy choice to pick one up. Ordered the NX7 Pro yesterday and it arrived today, can hopefully get out this weekend and give it a test. I'm excited for this and so are my friends lol.

Posted:
    WITB - Lefty
  • player12player12  81WRX Points: 65Members Posts: 81 Fairways

On -, @Finner said:

On -, @MattM97 said:

WELL STATED!!

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @Finner said:

On -, @Finner said:

On -, @payerasjl said:

Tremendously helps, thank you! You may have just added a new customer using your product. :smiley:

I just wanted to follow-up to my previous post. I officially ordered my Precision Pro rangefinder today. I used Birthday money to take advantage of the current sale that ends April 17th. I will definitely post follow-up experiences with it once I receive it and use it. Thanks Precision Pro!

Posted:
  • Now on the TeeNow on the Tee  3WRX Points: 7Handicap: 5Members Posts: 3 Starters

Hi all - first time poster here.
    I took advantage of the promo on the NX7 Pro and just had it arrive late last week, just in time for the start of our golf season here in Canada.
    I took it out for my first round of the year on Saturday and I must say, my first impressions aren't positive, which is surprising since the product seems to have received nearly unanimous praise.
    First of all, the weather was partly cloudy and cool (approximately 12 degrees Celsius or 54 Fahrenheit) and pretty windy. The first hole at my new home course drops about 120 feet or so from an elevated tee and I tried testing out how far the bunkers were away from the tee...it didn't register. I tried hitting some trees off the fairway...again, no dice. I didn't think too much of it and proceeded to tee off. I'd have no problems registering distances on my approach (from about 115 yards) and no issues with getting a yardage on the par three 2nd (again, only about 140 yards) but I once again was flabbergasted on the 3rd, when I couldn't pick up the flag from about 220 yards away. I sat in the fairway for at least a minute trying to get the target without success.
    This continued for most of the round - anything under 150 yards was fine but anything longer and I couldn't get the unit to work. I even had my playing partners test it themselves on the 180 yard par three 11th and none of them could get a yardage.
    Has anyone had issues like the ones I'm mentioning here? Again, there was no rain, no fog and conditions were cool but fair. I didn't play today due to heavy rains in Ontario and will give it another crack next weekend but it wasn't a great first impression.

Posted:

On -, @Now on the Tee said:

I took advantage of the promo on the NX7 Pro and just had it arrive late last week, just in time for the start of our golf season here in Canada.
    I took it out for my first round of the year on Saturday and I must say, my first impressions aren't positive, which is surprising since the product seems to have received nearly unanimous praise.
    First of all, the weather was partly cloudy and cool (approximately 12 degrees Celsius or 54 Fahrenheit) and pretty windy. The first hole at my new home course drops about 120 feet or so from an elevated tee and I tried testing out how far the bunkers were away from the tee...it didn't register. I tried hitting some trees off the fairway...again, no dice. I didn't think too much of it and proceeded to tee off. I'd have no problems registering distances on my approach (from about 115 yards) and no issues with getting a yardage on the par three 2nd (again, only about 140 yards) but I once again was flabbergasted on the 3rd, when I couldn't pick up the flag from about 220 yards away. I sat in the fairway for at least a minute trying to get the target without success.
    This continued for most of the round - anything under 150 yards was fine but anything longer and I couldn't get the unit to work. I even had my playing partners test it themselves on the 180 yard par three 11th and none of them could get a yardage.
    Has anyone had issues like the ones I'm mentioning here? Again, there was no rain, no fog and conditions were cool but fair. I didn't play today due to heavy rains in Ontario and will give it another crack next weekend but it wasn't a great first impression.

I apologize for the inconvenience, we want to make this right and will replace the unit if a bit of troubleshooting doesn't fix it because there should be no issues getting any distance under 400 yards. Other brands have you hold the button but ours just needs a press and release and want to make sure you are just pressing the button to shoot the distances. If shooting through a cart windshield will interfere with the rangefinder and can prevent readings from being registering and being accurate. Another common fix is to make sure your hand or pinky doesn’t accidentally wrap around the front of the rangefinder. It can happen and not be seen through the viewfinder. And lastly, try cleaning the front of the product. If none of this helps, we will absolutely replace the unit. Hope this help and please let us know if it doesn't! Best! - Trey D.

Posted:

www.precisionprogolf.com

• Now on the TeeNow on the Tee  3WRX Points: 7Handicap: 5Members Posts: 3 Starters

I apologize for the inconvenience, we want to make this right and will replace the unit if a bit of troubleshooting doesn't fix it because there should be no issues getting any distance under 400 yards. Other brands have you hold the button but ours just needs a press and release and want to make sure you are just pressing the button to shoot the distances. If shooting through a cart windshield will interfere with the rangefinder and can prevent readings from being registering and being accurate. Another common fix is to make sure your hand or pinky doesn’t accidentally wrap around the front of the rangefinder. It can happen and not be seen through the viewfinder. And lastly, try cleaning the front of the product. If none of this helps, we will absolutely replace the unit. Hope this help and please let us know if it doesn't! Best! - Trey D.

Thanks for the quick response Trey - it's much appreciated!
    I don't think my issues had anything to do with how I was using it, as I had no issues with shorter distances and I quickly adapted to the "press and release" method. I was walking during the round, so there were no issues with looking through a cart windshield either. I was also aware (having read this thread and other reviews) of the pinky finger issue so I was careful there as well.
    I'll take your advice and clean the front of the range finder before my next round this coming weekend - hopefully that solves the issue. If I still have problems, I'll let you know on the weekend.
    Many thanks again for the great support,
    Matt Bosela (Now on the Tee), St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

Posted:

Thanks for the quick response Trey - it's much appreciated!
    I don't think my issues had anything to do with how I was using it, as I had no issues with shorter distances and I quickly adapted to the "press and release" method. I was walking during the round, so there were no issues with looking through a cart windshield either. I was also aware (having read this thread and other reviews) of the pinky finger issue so I was careful there as well.
    I'll take your advice and clean the front of the range finder before my next round this coming weekend - hopefully that solves the issue. If I still have problems, I'll let you know on the weekend.
    Many thanks again for the great support,
    Matt Bosela (Now on the Tee), St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

Absolutely Matt! If it that doesn't help, it sounds like the rangefinder might be defective. So it doens't help shoot me an email at [email protected] and we will swap it out!

Posted:

www.precisionprogolf.com

Advertisement
  • J_BirdieJ_Birdie LOFT Issue  1810WRX Points: 126Members Posts: 1,810 Platinum Tees

When’s the one with the built in magnet coming >_>

Posted:
    What's in my bag:
    Cobra F9 Avalance 9* w/ Fujikura ATMOS Black Tour Spec 6X 45"
    Cobra F9 Tour 3W w/ Fujikura ATMOS Black Tour Spec 7X 42.5"
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2i / Diamana D+ 92HY X 1* Up 18* loft
    Cobra Forged Tour 4-PW / Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X 1* Up
    Cobra King Black Wedges 50* & 54* (bent to 55*) Versatile Grind / Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
    Callaway PM Grind 2 60* Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Black with Superstroke GT 2.0 Pistol Grip 35"

For those of you that purchased your rangefinder from

On -, @Precision Pro, how long did it take for the product to ship (or at least the notification of shipping)? I'm patient enough to wait for as long as it takes, just looking for some insight based on your experience. I ordered online from PP on Sunday evening (around 7:30pm eastern time). Thanks for any insight you can share!
    Posted:

On -, @Finner said:

On -, @Precision Pro, how long did it take for the product to ship (or at least the notification of shipping)? I'm patient enough to wait for as long as it takes, just looking for some insight based on your experience. I ordered online from PP on Sunday evening (around 7:30pm eastern time). Thanks for any insight you can share!

Funny enough, Update: I never received a shipping notification, but my wife brought it in tonight as it was on the front porch! 2 days, almost to the hour.

Posted:
  • Seamus_McDuffSeamus_McDuff  972WRX Points: 163Handicap: 4.3Members Posts: 972 Golden Tee

On -, @Finner said:

On -, @Finner said:

Funny enough, Update: I never received a shipping notification, but my wife brought it in tonight as it was on the front porch! 2 days, almost to the hour.

I ordered one Saturday morning and also have not received a shipping notice.
    I’m sure it’ll come eventually, but a tracking number would be nice.

Edit: got an email w/ tracking a couple hours later.

Posted:
    Post edited by Seamus_McDuff on
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the Sun 5282WRX Points: 403Handicap: 10Members Posts: 5,282 Titanium Tees

Played with my first round NX7 Pro and I am really impressed. Very easy to use and very accurate. Played in 30 mph winds and caught the flag everytime. I am true believer in this range finder and very rarely used my GPS app in my phone at all today.

I have own a Bushnell V3 and V4 in the past amd gave up on range finders after those.

NX7 Pro made me a believer again.
    Great range finder and highly recommend.

Posted:
    TM SIM Max D 10.5 GD AD VR 6s
    TM M4 15* GD AD DI 6s
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    TM P790 4-AW Modus 105
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT Bigfoot 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat

Advertisement

On -, @Finner said:

On -, @Finner said:

So I've had the Precision Pro NX7 Pro out for 3 rounds now. I wanted to have a few rounds under my belt before following up. I can now understand why those of you that swear by lasers. I've played in cold, warm and windy conditions so far. It grabs the readings every. single. time. Without fail, and the display is so clear, it's incredible. I do love the fact the NX7 even shows a reading to the decimal point. Like I am that good. hahahaha
    It's a very simple design to grab a reading. Press the green (power button) once, and let go. Then point at the object and press once again, and let go again. Bingo. Reading comes up fast! The added bonus is the jolt or vibrate feature when you lock onto the target. You know exactly when this happens, at all times. I am VERY happy i settled on this product as my first laser rangefinder. Free batteries for the life of the product is an absolute bonus. I hope this helps folks on the fence about getting one. I'm a happy customer!

Posted:
  • ephmenephmen  303WRX Points: 108Members Posts: 303 Greens

Is the $40 promotion still on? I can't seem to find it...

Posted:
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Minnesota, USA 7011WRX Points: 1,056Handicap: 7Members Posts: 7,011 Titanium Tees

On -, @ephmen said:

Is the $40 promotion still on? I can't seem to find it...

Don't believe so, I think it was limited duration...

Posted:
    The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver: Orlimar persimmon, Dynamic S, 43.25"
    3w:  Orlimar persimmon, Dynamic S, 42.25"
    2i:  Mizuno Pro, DGS300
    3-PW:  Mizuno MP-37, DGS300
    GW:  Dynacraft forged 52*, DGS400
    SW:  Wilson Staff PMP 58*
    Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35"
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane/Professional, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar, Snell MTB Black, Vice Pro Lime... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time

Sometimes carry 1-SW Golden Ram Tour Grinds w/Dynamic S or 1-SW Golden Ram TW282, Precision 6.5
    On occasion, Ram 1i or Mizuno 2i replaced with Orlimar persimmon 4w, Dynamic S

Driver Substitutes: Golden Ram TW801, TW802, or TW805

Advertisement
  • SEP1006SEP1006 Pearland, Tx. 1256WRX Points: 306Handicap: 10ClubWRX Posts: 1,256 ClubWRX

I just ordered one yesterday and used the "golfwrx" code for $20 off.

Posted:

DRIVER -    Taylor Made M6 10.5 * | Ventus 6s
    3 WD -       Taylor Made M6 Rocket | Atmos Orange Stiff 
    HYBRIDS - PXG Gen 2 -  2 / 3 / 4 Hybrids | Accra Tour 90i Stiff
    IRONS -     PXG Gen 3 -  0311P 5 - GW | Accra Tour 100i Stiff
    WEDGES - Ping Stealth Glide 2.0 54-12 / 58-06 Wedges | Wedge Flex
    GRIPS -      JumboMax Ultralight grips on ALL 
    PUTTER -   PXG Gunboat H 
    BAG -         PXG Staff Bag
    BALLS -     Snell MTB Black / Pro V1

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.