Precision Pro NX7/NX7 Pro

1212223242527»

Comments

• Smooth spin scottSmooth spin scott  1179WRX Points: 69Members Posts: 1,179

Question...Got the NX7 Pro for my son for Christmas....messing around with it and wanted to know if there was a way to turn off the decimal point reading?

I can with my Bushnell...don't really need a 152.6 reading.

Thanks

Posted:
    Driver - M2
    3 wood - 915f
    Hybrids - Titleist 915 3/4
    Irons - Mizuno MP18 MMC / Modus3 120 stiff.
    Wedges - Vokey SM6 - 51, 56, 60
    Whitlam/Gauge Design - Coldstar Devon ETBW
    Bag - Sun Mountain C-130

Club - WoodenSticks Golf Club
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SEP1006SEP1006 Pearland, Tx. 1216WRX Points: 283Handicap: 10ClubWRX Posts: 1,216

First off I will say their customer service is top notch. Each time I had an issue they had me send it back for repairs and/or replacement. Now the bad part, I am on my 3rd one since April. Each one starts out working fine and then after a few weeks all I get is hash marks or something crazy like 4.6 yards. Unit has never been dropped or mis-handled and I've had the other 2 guys I play with every week try it as well several times and they have the same issue. Cleaned the lenses, changed the battery and same thing. Finally had enough and bought a Nikon Coolshot Pro, couldn't be happier to be done with this issue.

Obviously from all the positive post on here it is a good unit / value. That's what made me purchase it initially. But for whatever reason just didn't work out for me.

Posted:

DRIVER -    Taylor Made M6 10.5 * | Ventus 6s
    3 WD -       Taylor Made M6 Rocket | Atmos Orange Stiff 
    HYBRIDS - PXG Gen 2 -  2 / 3 / 4 Hybrids | Accra Tour 90i Stiff
    IRONS -     PXG Gen 3 -  0311P 5 - GW | Accra Tour 100i Stiff
    WEDGES - Ping Stealth Glide 2.0 54-12 / 58-06 Wedges | Wedge Flex
    GRIPS -      JumboMax Medium Ultralight grips on ALL 
    PUTTER -   PXG Gunboat H 
    BAG -         PXG Staff Bag
    BALLS -     Snell MTB Black / Pro V1

• Zlax45Zlax45  14WRX Points: 16Members Posts: 14

So what is the consensus on the NX9 HD? I been looking at rangefinders and just trying to find the best deal on one before the spring.

Posted:
  • flaghunting1987flaghunting1987  58WRX Points: 41Handicap: 3Members Posts: 58

I honestly wasn't a huge fan...Their customer service is better than any company I have ever seen. Aside from that, the unit itself...I didn't like the MODE button being so close to the SHOOT button (i always was unintentionally pressing the mode button which changes from slope to non slope (and when you hold down mode it changes to meters). Also, it doesn't work in light fog conditions (i always play early and sometimes its a tad foggy, but other rangefinders would normally work). Needless to say, I sent mine back and went with the Bushnell V4 shift and love it so far.

Posted:
  • Zlax45Zlax45  14WRX Points: 16Members Posts: 14

I might have put this on the wrong thread but 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the feedback

Posted:
  • 86020818602081  2019WRX Points: 208Members Posts: 2,019

Not sure if anyone mentioned this..

They will mail you free battery.. I think it's on their site..

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • J_BirdieJ_Birdie LOFT Issue  1797WRX Points: 122Members Posts: 1,797

I wish performance in fog was better

Posted:
    What's in my bag:
    Cobra F9 Avalance 9* w/ Fujikura ATMOS Black Tour Spec 6X 45"
    Cobra F9 Tour 3W w/ Fujikura ATMOS Black Tour Spec 7X 42.5"
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2i / Diamana D+ 92HY X 1* Up 18* loft
    Cobra Forged Tour 4-PW / Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X 1* Up
    Cobra King Black Wedges 50* & 54* (bent to 55*) Versatile Grind / Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
    Callaway PM Grind 2 60* Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Black with Superstroke GT 2.0 Pistol Grip 35"
  • flaghunting1987flaghunting1987  58WRX Points: 41Handicap: 3Members Posts: 58

Yeah, main reason I returned mine. Wasn't even that foggy (I could see the pin very clearly from 200 out) and it still wouldn't work

Posted:
  • golfinbradgolfinbrad  426WRX Points: 72Members Posts: 426

I received the NX7 Pro Slope as a Christmas gift. This is my first rangefinder. I was always hesitant using one, because my hands are never real steady. I tried friend's in the past, but stuck with the GPS devices. Needless to say I was both excited and hesitant. There is small group of us who go to Myrtle Beach for a few rounds between Christmas and New Year's every year. This year the weather was awesome and got 5 rounds in. The did get 4" of rain Sunday night, so Monday was wet and foggy. I must say I was very impressed with the device. I had to shot pins 2 or 3 times to very I had the right yardage. This was a user issue, not the rangefinder. 2 of my playing partners had different Bushnell devices. We were consistently within 2 yards of each other. After a couple rounds, I found it very each to steady and get consistent yardages from up to 285 out. I had no difficulty getting yardages in the foggy conditions on Monday. I even asked the other guys if that would be an issue. The one guy said it could be an issue, but you have to be pretty far out. I considered using the GPS, but decided to give it a try. Had not issues. I did use the other players as well just to compare. The Bushnell were a little bigger and heavier. They use a circle vs a cross. I thought both were very equal. Time will tell if the Precision is as durable over time. I think the Precision NX7 is a great affordable option for those who don't want to sink a ton of money into a device. I also like the free battery replacement and the fact they give you trade in value if you want to upgrade your device. Needless to say, so far I like it.

Posted:
  • Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath  1880WRX Points: 621Handicap: ~9Members Posts: 1,880

I have a season behind me with an NX7 and it's been pretty good. I do have to wave it over the flag a little more sometimes than my previous Leupold but the price was right. Happy so far.

Posted:

"I challenge, transform, and instill confidence in young men through the life lessons learned from the game of golf."

Taylormade M1
    TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black
    Titleist ProV1
    Sun Mountain Four 5
    Clicgear 3.5+
  • crazygolfnutcrazygolfnut CrazyGolfNut Omaha, Nebraska 1233WRX Points: 166Handicap: 11.4Members Posts: 1,233

My only complaint with the NX7 Pro is the decimal point in the view finder and there is no way to get rid of it. I would even pay a few bucks to send it back and have them download new software but they said no. Will be looking elsewhere for a new unit.

Posted:
    Driver: _________ Ping G400 Max
    Woods: ________ Ping G410 3 & 5 
    Hybrids: _______ Ping  G410 4 & 5
    Irons: __________ Titleist 718 AP1 6-W
    Wedges: _______ Titleist Vokey SM6 52.08F & 56.08M
    Putter: _________ Rife Mid Mallet 400
    Ball: ____________ Snell MTB-X Yellow or Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow
    Bag: ____________ Datrek Lite Rider
    GPS: ____________ Bushnell NEO Ghost
    Rangefinder: __ Precision Pro NX7 Pro
    GHIN: __________ HCP floats between 10 and 12

“Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips”

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.